Francis Manapul posted a bunch of teasers for Trinity

Francis Manapul posted a bunch of teasers for Trinity.

looks gorgeous

>Bruce we're in Kansas, do you always have to bring a flock of bats with you
>yes

My man, watching stranger things

On the one hand, it doesn't feel right that New52's first Trinity series involves Pre-Flashpoint Superman.

But on the other hand, Managua drawing Trinity. Feels conflicting, man.

Manapul*

Thanks, autocorrect.

New 52 Superman

Shit, you're right.

the man could draw a turd and it would look beautiful

Its gonna be flashbacks.
This one here is pre new 52.

>Getting fucked by a bull on a farm
So Steve Trevor really is black now?

Gonna be GOAT. Can't wait.

Reminder that Manapul is also doing Aquaman Earth One.

All dat sea life

>Flowing red haired Mera by Manapul

She better be in it. Even if in an early villain role, so Arthur can fuck her good.

Manapul is the best artist in comics right now. Fight me.

If he's writing and drawing Trinity then it's going to be forever until that comes out

I'd put J H Williams above him but its close.

What is Williams even doing these days?

Man is it nice to have the REAL Superman back

Those images show two different Supermen.

But that's classic Supes hair. N52 "Superman" never rocked that look

He did in Morrison's run and probably other times too but I only just recent reread it so it's the first example that comes to mind

Manapul is clearly drawing them the same besides costumes. I'm not sure why you put Superman in quotes when it's obvious he's probably Kal-L.

Kal-L was never as much of a cunt as n52 Supes

sigh
he should have been the actual artist for Wonder Woman after Chiang

New 52 Superman wasn't much of a cunt. The early Morrison issues are a direct riff on how he was kind of harsher in the golden age stories though (and hell someone just storytimed Action #1 last night if you want to check, he still might have been nicer in Morrison's stuff) and he didn't stay like that past the #3 I think.

Unless you're judging based on shitty appearances in other books like JL but even pre-FP Superman has those so it doesn't seem fair. I'm not sure why there's this misconception still happening.

Not if M Finch was still writing

The only good thing about Nu52 Superman not being in the TRINITY book is that we won't have to deal with relationship drama between Nu52 Superman and Nu52 Wonder Woman.

At least I would look at the pretty pictures

I was hoping that ship was just over after the breakup since basically every writer ignored her romantically after that but then Tomasi brought it back in the death arc for literally no reason

I want Francis Manapaul at Marvel

That's what I thought with Amazons Attack

>"I like Pete Woods, surely with art that good this can't be THAT painful."

I feel that we'll have to deal with that shit for a long time still, with Nu52 Wonder Woman feeling odd about Pre52 Superman and Pre-52 Lois life as a married couple.

marvel has gotten enough artists from dc thank you

Careful now, you might get him fired once Rucka's panties become wet from all these lewd and inappropriate Wonder Woman pictures.

Wish granted!

>Manapul now draws nothing but Inhumans books written by Bendis

I can only blame Tomasi at this point for not just moving past it and Jurgens for going along with him. Her actual ongoing is obviously pushing Steve hard. Johns pushed Steve in Darkseid War. End of Truth was clearly setting up new 52 Clark and Lois (hell I'm convinced that was the entire point of it from the start). Literally no reason to not just ignore that SMWW happened.

He just came off as condescending and overly aggressive. Not that his shit supporting cast helped much.

Seriously, the only character in his cast who got a boost in the n52 was Lana...and that's it. N52 Lois deserves to die the worst possible death, Jimmy is still a boring wanker, and his parents are dead.

Some of the things they did early on with n52 Supes were cool like him telling the sods at the Daily Planet to fuck off, but thats it

>Unless you're judging based on shitty appearances in other books like JL
But he wasn't a cunt in JL besides the first issue.

He would be a wonderful alternate on Unworthy Thor for Coipel.
Squadron Supreme would be nice also.

Cho didn't get fired, he is doing variants for this book.

Harley Quinn actually

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I think he'd be great on Spider-Man or Black Panther or Iron Fist

Lame.

>He just came off as condescending and overly aggressive.

Under which writers? I didn't see it much in his ongoings at all.

And I'm not really with you on the supporting cast being an issue either. I don't think Lois was ever really death-worthy bad under most of the writers. Jimmy was mostly fine, nothing special I guess. Lana wasn't much different than preFP Lana to me, she's a cool gal. Steel was ok. Kara had some ups and downs but she had gotten to a good place by the end of her ongoing.

Agreed on the Kents though.

Why, so he can be completely wasted like every talented person Marvel snatches up?

I think we all know that was never about the sexiness of the art based on the Scott and Sharp lewd stuff actually published. It was probably just that he was triggered by the OUTRAGE stuff and looking for any reason to bully Cho.

I think he's doing some for both. Got solicited on Trinity at least.

Obviously. Or that could had been said so that both Cho and Rucka could save face. Like how a coach says that he decided to spend time with his family instead of renegotiating his contract in order to save face.

>He just came off as condescending and overly aggressive

You're just a faggot that can't handle the character. If N52 guy was too much for you 40's-50's Supes would have made you shit your pants. Now go read something more your speed like the bible.

Cho telling editorial he's unhappy and them reassigning him to a different book to satisfy his contract and put him in a better work environment is not really "saving face" by any definition.

Cho was pretty transparent about the whole incident. He didn't get fired from DC as he's still doing variants for them on a different book. He just decided he didn't want to work with Rucka art directing him.

I'd like to understand that guy but there's no need to shitpost like this, he's just giving his opinion.

Eh people keep popping up that want Superman to be written like some kind of Ghandi/Jesus character and frankly those people are the worst and don't understand the actual vision behind the character. Those people simply don't get the character and should go away.

Nah, people just want superman to be written like a boy scout instead of an edgy self-insert.

I'm not even questioning preference. I'm just wondering how he got that from the material because honestly I never though that new 52 Superman was written that much differently from preFP after the origin stuff and I read a ton of both.

Kill yourself characterfag and he's not a real Superman, he's a fucking coward.

Confirmed for having never read Golden Age Superman.

This is true. They need to especially fix Forever Evil for him, but just generally having him and Lois actually living in the new 52 for so long and helping minimally just makes him look worse and nothing like the real preFP Superman. That guy never would have just sat around and let people die like that when he could help even when he had a family.

On the other hand it does fit in perfectly with post Crisis Superman characterization. He was at times written as an extreme conservative with his approach to everything.

>edgy self-insert
>God-King Lucifer

Irony. Also being assertive, not taking shit from anyone, and not being afraid to throw a punch are basic Superman characterization. If you can't handle that then you should read something else. The Q'ran maybe.

Pre-52 Superman was a hot-head. He might not be smug like Nu52 Superman, but he still had his flaws.

This perfect Superman only exist in your minds.

Is that an "S" on that flap because Superman still owns that pussy?

HOLY SHIT! It is!

Damn I can't unsee that now.

>This perfect Superman only exist in your minds.
And also the Silver Age.

The Silver Age one was a troll god.

I personally liked when he started training in Kryptonian martial arts and learning Rao-ist paladin chi powers. Then they retconned his birthing pod and Kryptonian past to make him literally an illegal alien whose life was built on lies about Krypton, and I dropped it.

Technically I don't think there's ever really been a Superman origin where he's been old enough to be considered an illegal alien rather than a foundling.

I think i'd rather Superman written like just a really nice guy. The guy that makes it kinda cool to do the right thing.

I find it funny that every writer wrote SMxWW relationship differently.

It's nice that Wondy is wearing her cape more often. It looks good on her.

This needs to come out already!.

Jon's gonna' have a big WW crush.

He said it was pushed back for now. Probably due to being busy with his new babby and the Trinity job.

Isn't Geoff Johns writing that? He's probably busy also trying to salvage the DCEU.

No, Manapul is writing and drawing it.

Aw man I didn't knownit was delayed. Oh well i guess trinity will tide me over till then.

Rocfort hasn't been wasted.

Ultimates is boring and it's far from his best work.

Oh damn, I never thought of that. Forever Evil wasn't like Origin or Throne of Atlantis where he could actively see the heroes struggling and fighting, in Forever Evil the heroes were 100% taken the fuck out for a good period of time.

But nothing about New 52 Superman after JL origin was lacking in that department.

He has no right being this good....

This is the first I'm hearing about it and I'm jizzing.

It wouldn't even be hard to explain. Just say he got sucked into a portal or something while fighting another threat and it was just bad timing. The fact that they haven't even bothered to do that much is troubling to me. Same as how they're pretending like the last time Superman fought Doomsday was when he died. Or that preFP Clark and Lois could have a natural child even though that was flat out not true before; they haven't even bothered to blame that on the Convergence dome, so it's like they simply didn't know that it wasn't possible. Maybe not story breaking problems but it feels like they just don't really care much about treating either Superman with respect right now.

Compare it to Abnett fixing the Titans and bringing back Wally and it's like night and day. Main contradiction there is Donna not really being clarified (like are they just retconning the Finch stuff or what?). And I guess Williamson messing up once and saying Rudy is black Wally's dad instead of Daniel but I can't tell if that's a typo or something white Wally has to zap away and I'll wait to see what happens when the Wallys meet before I get worried.

Here is his Aquaman from elsewhere.