Can one man single-handedly save the DCEU?

Can one man single-handedly save the DCEU?

Probably not, no.

So if Batman kills people, why didn't he kill Harley Quinn or Deadshot?

Not as long as they keep giving their movies to hacks like Nolan and Snyder, no.

He will single handedly carry the entire cinematic universe/line on his back, just like Batman carries the entire DC comics line on his

kek

That is not Snyder.

I think we are supposed to beleive that Batman's recent out-of-character violence/murders were the result of his desperation in developing a method of stopping Superman, and that prior to the events of BvS he did not kill people, and did not brand people.
This is implied but not stated in the film, so it may be giving the writing too much credit, but it seems like a pretty safe assumption that in the previous 20 years of his campaign he didn't kill.

Not without Superman. We need a proper take on the character if the DCEU is going to be anything more than a vehicle for Batman movies.

He didn't save his father, so no

I'm hoping they just ignore what happened in BvsS and go back to the no killing rule. It's Batman not The Punisher.

I like to believe this.

This is how I saw BvS.

Let him direct his Batman movie. It can't be bad. It just can't.

After Justice League flops DC will just say "Fuck it" and only make Batman movies from now on.

No. They'll do it together. They have to.

Can we talk about how Supes got completely cucked out of being the frontliner of the franchise

Is he even going to be in Justice League?

The tiara looks like it's digging in to her skull.

My only problem with this is that I find it a bit hard to believe he at no point in that year and half between MoS and BvS took the opportunity to kill Joker unless they never met in that time frame.

>Gets killed in Batman V Superman
>Doesn't even get top billing
>Had one movie where he learns what it means to be Superman
Why do this?

user, when crowns and headdresses actually fit they pinch a bit into your head, or at least they do if you want them to stay on as you move. You don't see this in comics because comics are fictional drawings.

I think there's a high chance if WB give Ben creative freedom and don't try to make it like Marvel shit.

>Nolan
>hack

What the fuck did you just say?

I assume he captured Harly after the events of Batman v Superman

You bet your sweet ass he can!!

Batman was the worst part of BvS. He was a whiny baby the whole film. I don't want to see him in a solo film after that.

>This is implied but not stated in the film, so it may be giving the writing too much credit
It was said in the film that Batman was acting more ruthless than usual, so yes, your post is what you were supposed to take away from the film as an explanation for the bat-murder

>Inspiration for the Justice League
>His example brought Batman back from the brink of moral bankruptcy
>Will most likely return at the 11th hour in JL to save the day

>He will single handedly carry the entire cinematic universe/line on his back, just like Batman carries the entire DC comics line on his

DC Comics isn't called Detective Comics Comics for nothing.

He didn't have to die to do all that, though. Snyder just killed him off because he wants Batman to be the one to form the Justice League.

Supes is a plot device not a character

Because reasons?

Why don't they just let Marvel make their movies?

Fucking kill yourself

I still don't get how Jason is wrong here

He isn't, the story concludes with Bats saving the Joker, then Joker proceeding to kill them all, then Superboy Prime's reality punch resets the universe again or something.

of Ryan Reynolds can do it, Ben Affleck can do it

JAAaaaaAAASoooonnn!
JASON!
Jason?
JAAAAaaaaaSOOOOnnnn?!
Jason!

This makes me wonder, could any of the justice league call on Barry or Clark at any moment. Like Bomb right in front of you, no monster to fight, just you need speed. Can they hear you? Will they come?

what if hypercrisis created him to save it

Flash is faster than light so yeah, he could handle the entire world by himself i believe. But...

I really hope they focus on the Bat-Family, I just want to see Nightwing and Tim Drake done properly. And possibly Cassandra.

This is easily the best she's ever looked. Not sure if the camera is "adding a few pounds" but she isn't the walking skeleton she was in FF6

>Batman was the best part of BVS
Fixed that for you

If they actually had plans for Bat-family they wouldn't have had sticks so far up their asses about who the dead Robin was.
Snyder wanted dark, depressing, unhappy, rape victim Bats, highly likely he wanted Dick dead like Jimmy Olsen just to "shock audiences" or whatever the fuck he said.
Don't get me wrong, I too want Bat-family, but so long as they don't fire Snyder, it's not happening.

And even if he did Bat-family, he'd have one of the Robin's be raped by the Joker or Clayface or something stupid. Snyder was the one that said that Batman being raped was something he could see happening in his movies.

Metropolis was destroyed. Robin is dead. He's been Batman for years and Gotham hasn't improved at all. He just doesn't give a fuck anymore. He's at the lowest point of his career up until that point and all he cares about at that point is killing Superman, because he believes it's the only thing he'll ever do that has ANY kind of meaning.

Pulling out of this mindset is part of his "I failed him in life. I won't fail him in death." realization.

Also, not for nothing, but it's not like he's killing Joker or Penguin or Riddler or some gangbangers. The only people he killed were Luthor's thugs. These weren't criminals of necessity screwed by the system or people with mental defects or tragic backstories. They were terrorist guns for hire that slaughtered a bunch of villagers like they were taking out the garbage purely to frame Superman. They really don't deserve any sympathy.

My guess is Bruce saw it as the Joker "winning" if he killed him.

Not unless he's in charge of it.

Because Batman doesn't kill and tries to save anyone he can if he's in the position to, even if they don't deserve it. It's not a matter of who is "right" or "wrong" it's a matter of values and those are Bruce's.

Nah, she actually did put on some weight/muscle

Harley is being dragged along by the joker

Deadshot was with his daughter

After superman died he vowed not to kill, SS happens after BVS so perhaps that's why

>Batman solo movie is basically Rocksteadys Arkham Asylum
>Possibilities of Mad Hatter, Scarecrow, Clayface, and perhaps Bane
>Trippy drug nightmares
About the only time I would allow more WB nightmare sequences, as long as they dont go overboard. Could Croc show up. Also why werent Croc/Harley sent to Arkham anyway during Suicide Squad?

I'm more worried about it being like All-Star Batman.

When was this implied though. Genuinely asking

No, because they'll be back to where they started, with Batman being the only thing that is reliable.

When Alfred calls him out on his bullshit methods.

This happened in an issue of Green Arrow. GA's son got hurt on Themyscira and Oliver screamed for Clark who heard him in Metropolis and was there in seconds to get his kid to the hospital. I /think/ Clark only noticed because it was really unusual to hear Oliver screaming his name like that so he knew shit was going down plus he said Clark not Superman if I remember right.

Mostly from Alfreds comments about Bruce getting cruel and the press/public saying The Bat had gotten angrier. His arc was going back to his old ways as seen with the prison scene with Luthor when he chose not to brand him. Again though this wasnt handled well in the story

They'll just get JJ Abrams to reboot it.

>Superboy Prime's reality punch resets the universe again
Holy shit comics are stupid as fuck. I understand now when comic fans are mad that an actor or actress doesn't resemble the character, because that's All they can look forward to since they know right off the bat the story is going to be shit

I sincerely love BvS, but my biggest gripe is Batfleck's wanton killing of street thugs. They feel like they were thrown in last minute. I can live with this interpretation, but the movie makes much more sense without the killing. For example, since Alfred is getting all over Bruce's ass about the branding, why did he never mention the killing? You'd think he'd be more upset about that. Another example is that whole Dark Knight Returns homage at the end where Batfleck kills KGBeast. It's the only kill that's in character, (pic related 1/2), but it kinda falls flat since he killed a bunch of mooks in the Batwing not 5 minutes earlier.

>No women in the family
What.

Pic related (2/2).

>Wanting multiple headlining villains
What the fuck is wrong with you? Did you learn nothing from The Amazing Spider-Man 2 or Green Lantern?

I just want them to bring back Danny DeVito as Penguin.

I want him to be a semi-unwilling information contact for Batman, and I want him to be a decrepit old man in a suit and top hat who horks down entire raw fish filets in the middle of conversation and otherwise polite dinners.

Even Frank Millers/DKR Batman didn't kill that thug. Crazy Frank said it was a non-lethal shot.

Superman acts like The Batman was something that only started recently though.

There's a few, that's just some random panel I grabbed, them just standing in a lineup is a little boring for a picture trying to convey that they treat each other as an adopted family.

Wasn't that "two years ago"? So it's pre-Man of Steel as well. Which is why he's still classic no-kill Batman.

You know Clark traveled the world for a few years and the batman was often considered an urban myth right?

He couldn't even save BvS after rewriting the script like five times, what makes you think he has any chance of salvaging all the other films?

Not really, no.

If he was anyone else maybe, but not as Batman.

The problem is, people already love Batman. People are sold on him. He's DC's only big reliable money maker. The Dark Knight is still arguably the most critically acclaimed super hero movie of all time. Batman still manages to be as popular as Marvel's heroes, unlike the rest of DC's cast.

No matter how good Batman is, Batman can't save the DCU. People already like Batman, and think the rest of DC is lame. Good Batman movies won't make people think DC is good, they'll just further cement the idea that Batman's awesome, and the rest of DC sucks.

What DC really needed was a well received and popular Superman, to be the Iron Man to Batman's Captain America.

If they get a really good Aquaman or Flash who really catches audience off guard and endears themselves to the public as a surprise breakout character, that could possibly save the DC cinematic universe, but no way Batman does.

>BRAND OF THE BAT
>Literally a mark of death
>Giant Bat-shaped signal light
>Bodies of dead gangsters littering Gotham's streets
>It's just an urban legend

Jesus when are the execs just gonna cut Nolan. Blank check?

I fucking hope so.

>Can one man single-handedly save the DCEU?
Nah.

Not for lack of trying. People are just eager to give DC the shaft for some reason.

Even when strictly dealing with the comics, DC gets hassled for sexism and brutal violence while people ignore all of Marvel's shit because there's a new teenage black girl.

I actually saw an article on some shit site or another. A news site, meaning this guy got paid to write this article, and they put it online so everyone in the world could read it and know it was from this website.

And it was complaining about how dark DC was because the Eradicator ate Krypto (he sort of vacuums him into the phantom zone, he's not going at him like the Blob with the Wasp). The article goes on and on about how fans should be disgusted and disappointed that a fan favorite like Krypto was killed off.

For whatever reason, Marvel is seen as the good company, and it gets a lot of leeway due to that favoritism that DC won't.

When it comes down to it, the DC movies have been bombing due to two things. Better writing and the studio cutting scenes. If DC dumbed it down so their world was like Marvel's, then people would just complain that they were copying Marvel.

DC can't win.

>>BRAND OF THE BAT
New as of BvS. Literally one of the reasons why Clark even bothers to begin investigating him.

>>Giant Bat-shaped signal light
Could just be used as something to try to scare criminals by the police. Gordon even mentions this in TDK at the very beginning as something they do.

>>Bodies of dead gangsters littering Gotham's streets
epik meme upvoted :^)

>>It's just an urban legend
Batman isn't a public figure like Superman. He does his job at night in the shadows, it's not like he's seen very often.

The brand of the Bat thing was recent. Batman had been retired for a while, and he came out of retirement angry.

People getting killed because of it was due to Lex Luthor, further putting the pressure on the situation.

And he didn't leave bodies of gangsters all over. In the end a couple mercenaries were in a car that exploded, and another died in an explosion.

He didn't shoot to kill KGBeast, he shot his tank to stop him from lighting the torch and killing Martha. KGBeast blew himself up by pulling the trigger. If Batman really wanted to kill him because he was so bloodthirsty as you guys like to say, he would've just fucking shot him in the head or chest.

Looks like he's going to have to.

I still think WW might be a hit with fans and critics tho.

Angry Joe actually said it best. It's just trendy to hate on DC right now for some reason. It's mostly youtubers like him though that are at fault for it because everyone watches their garbage and then it spreads and is parroted everywhere.

Who's Angry Joe?

Honestly I feel like DC has always had slightly more thought-out plots, which is why I've always preferred them to Marvel's "crisis of the generation" plots and series. But goddamn the movies are just really bad. I thought Man of Steel was okay, if a little too 300-esque. But BvS was dumb. Green Lantern was shit. Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy was great but that was because he didn't try to portray Batman as anything other than a normal man trying to fulfill an addictive need to fight crime.

Snyder's take on the DCU is just a little too comic book. It tries to go for scale and epicness, but also be hip and modern. And it completely abandons the advantage that DC has usually had, that it's heroes have history, in favor of trying to say "Oh, this is a bold new world."

Ben didn't rewrite BvS.

Ben is directing ,writing and producing his film. All he did for BvS was act in it. With more control and Ben's track record of great films, it's DC best chance of having a hugely critically acclaimed movie.

A Youtube """""celeb""""" who shits on DC at any opportunity. Turns out he loved Suicide Squad though which is why he brought up the DC hate trend and blamed himself for it(yes, he's that big headed).

Warner Brothers problem is that they chose to launch their cinematic universe off of Man of Steel; a polarizing movie to begin with. Then they kept on the director to make their future movies, and Zack Snyder is one of the shitiest directors ever. Honestly, I've not liked a single one of his movies. I'm just wondering how many movies we'll get until Warner Brothers decides to reboot their franchise.

>Angry Joe
>Trendy to hate DC
Ok first off, Angry Joe doesnt know shit. The manchild is the worst fanboy you can think of and an even worse Superman one at that. If you take his opinion as gospel there is something really wrong with you. Second you can just fuck off with the DC victim shit, because people talk shit about current DC movies because they are a fucking mess

>after rewriting the script like five times
wut

He made it abundantly clear during interviews he had nothing to do with the movie beyond playing Batman. He knew the movie was shit from the get go. He only did it because then WB would let him direct his Batman movie.

>Street thugs
Bruce literally didn't kill any street thugs. He killed Luthor's hired guns.

Angry Joe has the shittiest humor, has cringey opening skits, shills his brother in his videos, and tries to make an opinion by shouting memes loudly at the camera.

>people talk shit about current DC movies because they are a fucking mess
They really aren't.
Look at a simple complaint with Dark Knight Rises.
>how did broke bruce wayne get from middle east to gotham without money?

The first movie was spent showing how he was a ninja. But people act like without money there's no possible way he could have done something immigrants are doing every day and some people slightly less often (sneaking onto planes).

Instead it's touted as a plothole.

>Penguin is never actually seen eating
>We just hear what sounds like a 4' asian girl deepthroating a 12" BBC while the camera focuses on someone else in the scene
>Whenever Battfleck is talking, Penguin's horrendous squelching and gagging is clearly audible over his dialogue
>Whenever the camera cuts back to Penguin, he wipes fish slime off his face before he replies

Barry can't hear you. You can call him on phone, though. Clark can hear you and will fly to help, like that comic with Ollie's son.

Suicide Squad was no worse than either Thor movie or Iron Man 2. If you actually read some reviews they're so hyperbolic that it's borderline parody. DC gets shit on in the media constantly - not just with movies, and Marvel always just slides by unnoticed doing way more egregious shit.