Genuinely Scary Movies

soup Sup Forums
what's the scariest movie you've ever seen? I love horror movies and all that but I've yet to find something that genuinely scares me. any ideas?

also, I've already seen fake snuff film shit like A Serbian Film, August Underground, Nekromantik, 120 Days of Sodom.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=998dVSMjbsw
youtube.com/watch?v=eWirsPiHnA0
youtube.com/watch?v=dwcVULr5Scg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

sorry, i meant Sup Forums i also asked Sup Forums

the asian "shutter" is pretty spoopy

it follows

The Exorcist III until the third act
Kairo (Pulse)
It Follows

As I grow older I realize many movies which I found utterly terrifying when I was young are now tame.

noroi

throws you off with some cheesey amateurish shots with overacting and then hits you some of the creepiest shit ever filmed, just don't give up on it early

>It Follows
>scary
fuck off

If you expect to be frightened by movies as an adult, you will likely be disappointed.

Do people actually think this movie's scary?

The Blackcoat's Daughter
The Poughkeepsie Tapes
The Blair Witch Project
Jacob's Ladder
A Dark Song
As Above So Below

All of these range in scariness but I they all fugged me pretty good at the time.

a good list to start with, thanks. I actually watched Blair Witch like 30 minutes ago but was disappointed with how spooky it was.

I actually found the 'documentary' of the blair witch film a lot spookier than the actual blair witch, but at the same time I thought it was a legitimate urban legend.

youtube.com/watch?v=998dVSMjbsw

only good horrors that come to mind are
The Thing
Life
Nightmare on Elm Street
I Saw the Devil
Train to Busan

not on same league but underrated:
They
Pandorum

worth mentioning: Grudge, Ring, Sleepy Hollow, Cloverfield Lane, Zombie Land, Blade (best vampire), Ginger Snaps (best werewolf)

all shit

It's scary if you have a triple digit IQ

>everyone mentioning lame ass movies
>nobody says Possession
POSSESSION

Scary?
Nah I don't think its scary
Creepy?
Oh yeah its fucking creepy

too bad the spooky shit was all CGI, the ending was good though I agree

Aside from the more obvious blair witch and texas chain saw massacre stuff I'd go with

Mothman Prophecies
Kairo(Pulse)
Session 9
The Descent(uncut and with the original ending)

Martyrs and Audition are good if you want something more fucked up

People Under The Stairs and maybe Tourist Trap for more b-movie-style jazz although People Under The Stairs is really good and one of the most underrated horror movies of all time imo

The Invitation is probably one of the best modern horror-ish movies, along with You're Next which isn't as good imo

can't think of much else off the top of my head... first half of Sinister?

so yeah

Mothman Prophecies
Kairo(Pulse)
Session 9
The Descent(the original ending is a must)
Martyrs
Audition
People Under The Stairs
Tourist Trap
The Invitation

would be my main recs

Nobody's posted these yet and I thing they're great:

Kill List
Resolution
Southbound
Triangle
The Borderlands
The House of the Devil
Lake Mungo
The Last Broadcast

I especially recommend the first two

oh shit yeah Possession is good if you want some Rosemary's Baby style stuff. The Tenant is also good for that kind of slow, religious-themed horror. Maybe Sentinel as well

seconding The Last Broadcast
also this

the black mirror christmas episode

the Black Mirror kojima virtual reality episode gave me ptsd

UFO Abduction from 1989 is probably up your alley if you like that one

youtube.com/watch?v=eWirsPiHnA0

The rest of the movie wasn't good, and it is isn't even a horror movie to begin with, but this was by far one of the scariest, most heart pounding scenes of any film I watched

wow, you are geniuenly retarded

>The Blair Witch Project

Bump

Probably a three-way tie between Silence of the Lambs, Session 9, and Invasion of the Body Snatchers.

The Witch was also really good.

it follows was more suspenseful than outright horror, but it succeeds in worming its way into the back of your mind. I was never scared watching it but I will say that like 6 months after seeing it I starting having recurring stress dreams of being stuck in an It Follows type situation so I mean it must be doing something right or I'm just avoiding something in my life which my mind is manifesting itself in that manner. Either way decent movie, which by horror standards means it was really fucking good.

The Fourth Kind really fucked with me, made me really afraid of aliens.

Everything about that movie just hit me in the right place, especially the owls and the end.

Literally half of these movies can pass as black comedies with the right mindset, what the fuck are you talking about

Poor Little White Guy

My jimmies are russled, fucking glow

what actually scared me is when they show the chick with her missing limbs during an interview.
it was haunting.

Forgot I seen resolution, wasn't scary but it was enjoyable.

Alchemist cookbook is something similar and got creepy at some points. Also had some funny moments

You're shit, fag.

This is kino

can anons post actual scary movies and not just good horror?

Same, although I was already scared of aliens, they've been the only thing that really genuinely creeps me out ever since I saw ET when I was like 2 years old and started having nightmares about him, it basically scared me for life, but I'm glad cuz I love being creeped out and nothing else does it for me but aliens. Unfortunately there are very few actually creepy alien films.

explain what you mean

above a certain age no movies should be legit scary if they are you might be kinda tardish

>all shit
At least he was on topic by picking out movies that actually tried to be scary, unlike you, moron.

>scariest movie
>Zombieland
>Blade

I know what you mean but I think the problem is that what ultimately scares people is pretty subjective and the point of horror is to be scary. I will agree though that stuff like It Follows, while good/interesting, is just completely not scary but generally the reason a horror movie is good is because of it's effectiveness

If you like It Follows you have horrible taste and are probably a teenage faggot

>what's the scariest movie you've ever seen?
youtube.com/watch?v=dwcVULr5Scg