What went wrong?

Was it too soon for another reboot? Forced diversity? Appealing to kids instead of a general audience? Horrible ps2-tier CGI? Discuss

>making mj an ugly nigger

> not directed by Raimi

it was better than the shitty ass raimi """"movies""""

Are we forgetting Spider-man 3 happened?

Nothing it was great. There are five other movies for you to watch if you love seeing twenty-year olds pretend to be teenagers.

Stop samefagging marlel shill

nope

>he doesn't know how to spot samefags

that girl was qt as fuck.

>>>/lbgt/

It might be underperforming a little bit, why is everyone acting like this is some disaster?

Sasuga

gas yourself

>tfw you came to post a spidey thread but there's already one at the very top.

Post other spidey reaction pics.
Raimi is an artist

because they're retarded and can't enjoy a movie if it isn't 90% white

this is literally it. there are no valid complaints it's just "hurr durr mj was black" or "hurr durr his friend was ugly"

Because the only point of this was to make loads of money, and recapture interest in spiderman.

All this did was make average capeshit bucks, and get people sick of seeing Spiderman after the third reboot.

>Raimi is an artist
LOL

Home cummers BTFO

Raimi is a true spider baka desu senpai

Just looked boring to me. Nothing about it screamed "you have to see this!" also that it takes place in high school, high school isn't interesting to anyone except high schoolers.

or maybe people are sick of Spider Man reboots
The one with Tobey Maguire wasn't that bad that a reboot was necessary

I feel like it was just too soon and Marvel didn't really do anything to make this anticipated.

if you actually went to go see the andrew garfield spider-man movies, you deserve to feel sick of spider-man. they were obviously going to be awful and there was no reason any self-respecting human being would ever have to watch them, other than being an autist who likes capeshit just because it's capeshit and will waste their money on any movie that starts with marvel logo.

go watch it and then come back with you're incredible analysis, drumphkin

i agree the garfield spider-man movies were awful. they shouldn't have been made.

that still doesn't mean that homecoming wasn't the best spider-man movie. better than raimi. anyone saying otherwise is doing so out of a combination of nostalgia and fatigue.

i did and you would have loved the movie if everyone was white. there was really nothing that bad about the movie. it wasn't great but it wasn't better than the piles of garbage that were the 3 raimi movies

Haven't seen it. Don't see the appeal of the old Spiderman movies, either. The first one was ok, I guess. It had to be rebooted eventually since Fox lost the rights. Clearly it was to establish its presence in the MCU, and they had to swap one gayboy for another, obviously because Tobey wouldn't be playing Spiderman.

You fags will get over it.

>>>/tumblr/

have you even seen his other movies? memes aside, he's honestly a very good director.

[it wasn't all bad]

There is worse shit out there than SM3. Even SM3 had artistic merit to it. The infamous emo Peter Parker is bad but it's entertainingly bad and you can sense there was thought behind the movie instead of being some souless shit just churned out to make $$$.

>the main love interest is a black girl
>ok it's le current year and she is honestly gorgeous
>why the fuck this whiny "basically" Tumblr gets so much attention anyway?
>mah frends call mee em jay make niega
Sup Forums was right as always

Are you having a stroke, type ENGLISH you stupid motherfucker

GO BACK

>ya'll just hit the mothafuggin jackpot, niiiigggguuuhhhh

If there was anything to hate about spiderman 3, it shouldn't be the goofyness that was already present in the first 2.
Having Peter act comically evil was better than just making him into a complete unlikable asshole.

What should really be hated was any scene where venom/topher was in it.

literally because racism and sexism infect the entirety of this website's thought production

Actually, what should really be hated was this shit retroactively ruining the drama and character arc of the first two. .

It's because it's yet another goddamn Spider-Man movie.

Nothing, it was good

Okay tumblr. A lot of people didn't see it because it's a fucking high school movie. Shit is not appealing past a certain age and no one wants to see Parker as a little kid. Shit is tiring

>3 different attempts at a live action Spider-Man movie
>One by Marvel itself
>None of them come close to being faithful to the character

How the fuck is it that two cartoons made for kids still the best adaption of the comics?

90s Spider-Man's was a rush job but it captured the character perfectly. Spectacular Spider-Man was by far the best adaption that paid tribute to Spider-Man mythos but was short lived.

Fucking Marvel had one job and all they did was turn it into a piece of shit that had to fit in their precious Cinematic Universe instead of just letting its own thing.

I'm glad Ape Kino dethroned it.

she didn't talk like that. did you see the movie?

literally every single thread about this movie or anything at all that contains a black character or female lead devolves into idiots screaming ooga booga at each other because they're incapable of doing anything but blame minorities for their lack of success, ambition, or happiness.

It underperforming a lot. Sony is going to make less money on homecoming they they did with "Amazing Spiderman" movies, and that wasn't supposed to happen.

Yep, if you really think about it the Ape Series of all things has been one of the stronger group of movies of late.

not sure if that just shows how bad movies have become or how good the ape movies are.

Ape movies are really good. I really loved Caesar and enjoyed watching him from literal birth to the events of War. It helped that he also had a strong supporting cast along the journey.

I was scared that Rocket and Maurice were going to die.

What was the movie's beef with the working class? It literally shits all over them, makes them seem like crass, thieving degenerates

>It literally shits all over them, makes them seem like crass, thieving degenerates

Too much of a redpill for most...

What?

It's an actual Marvel movie where they don't completely shit over the Villain.

Also nothing wrong with being working class, if he just stole a few things and sold it off to a black market it wouldn't be so bad.

But he's making fucking super powered weapons and selling them to criminals.

>if he sold them off to the black market it wouldn't be so bad
How retarded are you?

I did also and he's right.

Because that's what the media said about BvS.

the film's intentionally propagating the narrative towards the assassination of the working class. Keaton is a working class, white male, unable to adapt to a changing economy, and instead of a sympathetic approach, the film paints a very flat picture of him and the men from his company turning toward a life of crime. No one else in the film is shown or protrayed as working or blue collar class. The only other economic representation that is shown is that of the sciences, who all shown as well mannered, logical, and respectable, all from what is inferred as white collar families. Not even the police or emergency services are represented properly even if, at all. The millennial, multicultural, youth in the film fights again the working class, and ultimately, has it crushed and contained.

This is the beginning, this is how it starts; the seeds of class warfare. Are you prepared? I am.

Get a load of this shill. The Raimi trilogy will always be the best Spidey flicks. Accept it gen-z faggot

Because, DCucks are ecstatic that their most critically acclaimed Wonder Womyn film is doing slightly better than the 3rd version of spiderman in a decade, and the 16th mcu movie in 9 years.

Don't give a shit about the new spiderman (which sucked) or the WW movie (Meh)

But the only cape movies with a bigger domestic take then WW at this point is

The 2 advenger movies
Iron Man 3
Civil war
The original Spiderman
TDK and TDKR

Absolutely nothing.

>90s Spider-Man's was a rush job but it captured the character perfectly.

Growing with that version makes you think thats what the character is. For newer viewers they will assume this version is a more proper representation.

the Spiderman that is one above Wonder Woman is that the version from 2002?

sold off just a few materials to the black market, not constantly keep stealing, just enough to make a decent buck to cover the initial investment he lost and then some.

There are plenty of white males doing well in a 'changing' economy. If you wanna talk about males suffering it's black/hispanic men.

And a class war against what? A bunch of overweight incompetent fucks? Unless the police/military are part of the revolting class then shit isn't going to happen.

I don't blame minorites for anything. I hate on them to upset people like you.

It would have to be.

It will be curious to see how much it makes. Last week it made 15 million deep in it run.

If it can make another 40 million it will be in rare company, with only the avengers and TDK/TDKR as bigger domestic gross. Most likely it will land right with the 2002 spider man at about 400-405 million domestic gross.

Why would I want a revolt? Has anyone seen what happens after those? No one wants that. Lots of people will die and you'll get slightly worse conditions than you had before but you got to act out your ideology so you feel good about yourself for five minutes until you die.

We live in best place on planet, we experience 0 war.

why is it called unboot and not deboot

I thought it was a really neat movie overall, but that might have also been because I totally passed on the amazing spiderman movies so I'm probably less burned out than other people

>that still doesn't mean that homecoming wasn't the best spider-man movie. better than raimi.
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAA

>MJ scowls throughout the movie
>MJ Is a cunt to Peter constantly

Why are we supposed to care about her?

I saw Homecoming opening day and the theater was full, then I saw it like 3 days later and it was half empty. People aren't interested in Spider-Man movies anymore because there have been 6 of them in the past decade. Raimi movies are superior to the other Spidey series. So far the only Spidey series to get 2 sequels.

>What went wrong?

>literally 5 seconds into the film someone is chastised for calling native Americans "Indians"
>literally 10 seconds in a black school news reporter is macking on blonde white girl
>the new black Mary Jane's WE speech about how the Washington monument was built by slaves
>both of Peter Parker's love interests are black
>villain's wife is black
>Peter's Mexican school rival has a white blonde girlfriend
>the oh so edgy Sup Forums Fuck Marry Kill scene with high schoolers fantasizing about old men, also participated in by a gay male
>Aunt May’s “Gay is OK!” speech

etc. etc.etc.

When is enough enough? I find myself more and more only watching old movies/shows.

You don't have to be nostalgic to favor one movie over the other you fucking dipshit

Why is SHC underperforming tho?

Didn't this flick have RDJ + all that marketing?

All fucking movies and tv series are fucking feminist and liberal propaganda. It's disgusting. I watched the last Game Of Thrones episode last night and it's literally women talking to men that they are strong too and can make things. Pure feminism everywhere. It's so obvious and so stupid that is almost an insult to the audience.

its the 7th spiderman movie in 15 years. It alienated the hardcore fans who are the ones who get the good word of mouth going for cape films.

Sony will earn less money on this spider man then they did with the Amazing Spiderman movies.

They finally had the perfect Peter Parker and they still managed to fuck it up.

nothing went wrong

>Game Of Thrones
that racist too bro, along with lotr

this is the future of your country though. you want immersion well here it is.

>Horrible ps2-tier CGI

Actually Homecoming's CGI was consistently pretty good, at least compared to other recent Marvel movies

>Tony's armor looks super fake during the Sokovia battle in Age of Ultron
>Vision looks fake, with unfinished textures, during the Civil War airport battle

Never noticed anything this distractingly bad in Homecoming

did you not see the part when Tony steps out of the iron man suit?

It doesn't have enough for the average 13 year old summer movie goer to want to see it multiple times. Something like Transformers or a Fast and the Furious movie has cars, tits, and guys like the Rock acting like typical badass action heroes, and boys eat that shit up. Spider-man has a male lead who acts exactly like what an adults thinks a teenager should act like, thus the rave reviews, but not enough to appeal to the young male demo.

Maybe they should make their own movies. Oh wait.

WE

>The Star Wars actor previously spoke about diversity in a SPEECH at the Screen Nation awards earlier this year. He told ACTORS OF COLOUR "TO BE THE CHANGE YOU WANT TO BE".

You can't be more unoriginal like this.

"Be the change you want to be". Man In the Mirror by MJ or what?

>you want immersion
(((you))) wants immersion, not me or any other thinking person

Good parts = Marvel + Feige

Bad parts = Sony + Pascal + liberal agenda eternal butt-hurt because of TRUMP

There are fucking stupid parts that they need to correct like killing off the negress.

not MCU

its the third bad spiderman movie in a row

>All fucking movies and tv series are fucking feminist and liberal propaganda.
>muh feminist propaganda
Kill yourself. Forced diversity is shit but so are you.

Your argument makes no sense.

go stick your head back in the sand, retard

(((sheeeiiittt)))

>Boing so mad that you samefag Sup Forums memes
Lol, stay cucked :)

How could I forget the third best Spider-Man movie ever made?

It's so obvious that Hollywood since Trump won is pushing more and more feminism and diversity propaganda.

It's all a advertisement strategy. They know that people like Trump supporters or other frustated white males will complaing about this in the internet or talking about it with friends. And that is free advertising.

>can't argue with facts, cries Sup Forums boogity man
do you know how i know you're female?

>can't argue with facts, cries SJW boogity man

Also:
>Females on Sup Forums
Are you mentally challenged?

Flash Thompson was a poo-in-loo, his love interest was a mulatto and MJ was a communist Mexican. Forced mentions of slavery and globalism . Peter was too young and was annoying, and the villain did almost nothing wrong. The CGI and post processing was complete shit.

I really liked ned.