Absurdism in Breathless

Has anyone else noticed how on Goddard's Breathless Michel is almost a perfect representation of the absurd man? Not only does he feel no remorse after committing a crime as Camus argued should happen with absurdism, but he also seems to be totally indifferent towards everything, even his dead. He even fits one of the archetypes of the absurd man that Camus describes on the second chapter of the myth of sisyphus, Don Juan.
I had also heard that it could be argued that the jumpcuts have existential implications as it indicates the meaninglessness of the time intervals between moral decisions.
So do you think this is a coincidence or did Goddard actually based the movie on absurdism?

I don't know, but good points.

Kys OP

but michel cared for his pixie cut girlfriend. he dies in the end because he decided to love and trust her. even meursault from the stranger by camus didn't particularly care about having a girlfriend, it just sort of happens, and he really doesn't care even when she does come along. michel obviously had feelings for someone.

why did you think this was a good thread to post on Sup Forums by the way, the same day dunkirk is released

Also good points.

Why didn't he get a sticky when he died

nice spoilers you faggot piece of shit

You can't fool me.

she didn't either because the 60s never had any good movies. Just the good the bad and the ugly

>Has anyone else noticed
considering the tons of postwar French philosophy frequently referenced in the New Wave and all the academic critical essays about it, I'd say yes

It was a love letter to Marxism

silly user, breathless is 57 years old. you've had the time to see it, haven't you?

>all the academic critical essays about it
Really? I looked for some and only found one. I found some of other Goddard's films like Vivre Sa Vie or Pierrot le Fou but Breathless always seems to be ignored.

I doubt Godard would do something like that when Camus was already mainstream and he wanted to be different.

>60s never had any good movies
the GOAT decade for movies, nimrod

60s > 50s > 20s > 40s > 70s > 2000s > 90s > 30s > 80s > 2010s

Where do you pretensious try hards find these movies? your grandmothers vhc cabinet?

>Goddard
it's "Godard" reeeeeeeeeeee

>Breathless always seems to be ignored
Always seems to be ignored in any way that isn't the aesthetic aspect of the film that is.
Sorry

Fuck, I wish I was alive before most white women became overweight. I bet commie girls were sluts, too.

I'm younger than 57, cockbreath

how is that an excuse for give away spoilers?

go fuck yourself piece of shit, fucking redditors don't know how to use the spoiler

I know you are trolling but why would you come into a thread analyzing the film if you wanted to avoid spoilers?

Thanks for the spoiler you bald cunt

Holy fuck. Why is she so perfect, lads?

I'm not trolling you, are you retarded???

learn how to use it the next time asshole

I got you m8 ;)

i'm disappointed with the two of you, not having film knowledge and not having been able to see godard's film breathless. i advise you to see it immediately

I'm not watching that pretensious commie propaganda

Just watch the film you pretentious hothead

ill have none of that french post modern bullshit. it was the hipsters of the 60s and it turned people away from real western values. i won't fall for any of it whatsoever so you can take your frog tape and stuff it got it?

I don't think that loving someone necessarily negates absurdism. Because of the fact that Michel didn't care about the results or consequences of his love even if it lead to his dead, wouldn't that make the love he felt an "absurdist love".

>why did you think this was a good thread to post on Sup Forums by the way, the same day dunkirk is released
where else could i've posted this? I honestly don't browse Sup Forums that much either so I didn't even know dunkirk was a thing

Who is this?

never went back after learning about about it desu. But good points op

I thought Breathless was his most famous alongside pete the fool

>caring about spoilers
how pleb can you be

Can someone explain to me why Godard is respected? He films boring love stories

It is. But it seems that there aren't many critical essays that talk about the movie except on things like the use of jumpcuts.

Anna Karina

Isn't that a Russian novel where a chick jumps infront of a train?

>I had also heard that it could be argued that the jumpcuts have existential implications

No, they were an accident produced in the editing room, a fortunate accident

>haven't seen breathless already
why would you click on this thread?

That's Anna Karenina lol. I'm actually currently reading that book

Its Anna Karenin, not Karenina. She isn't an entertainer.

Wow, nice spoilers asshole

You weren't going to read it anyway