How do you Americans afford to live in such metropolitan cities?

How do you Americans afford to live in such metropolitan cities?

>LA
500,000 Can get you a mansion in Tennessee

That's san francisco man
SF has higher housing prices than Manhattan now it's insane

Ops house is actually pretty affordable for sf

That's what happens when you let gigantic tech companies move in no questions asked.

Is this affordable for Detroit?

Probably has like 40k or more in back taxes.

Well move as close as I can to work/school/grocery store/hospital
After this I get a bike for under $400 and use that as my transportation
If I have to go farther whatever just get a taxi or rental car
Don't get married, don't date, no kids
Buy what I need and splurge occasionally
Get a place for around $800-1200 per month
Go to work and save up as much as possible

Time for a new quake then.

I thought that looked familiar, that's in the mission.

I guess programmers will make a killing there but I don't know how blue collared / government workers will continue to live there?
The cheapest place there is listed at 500,000 and its a 500 square ft apartment

Maybe if the tech bubble bursts the prices will cool down

The new owner has to pay the taxes?

Yeah, plus bring that bitch up to code. You wouldn't want your new pad condemned, now, would you?

Yep must pay back taxes plus most of those house have been gutted for metal scrap, copper pipe, electrical wires and water heaters most commonly. Squatters are another issue, and even though you buy the house for a dollar and its literally unlivable, Detroit is going to assess it as an 80000 dollar house to jack up your yearly property tax.

Bumping with some Toronto real estate

Holy fuck are they gonna get screwed after Vancouver's real estate tax

Just make your own tax. Actually on second thought don't. I don't want anymore of those chinks to buy houses here.

They're doing it all across the globe

Look at real estate for London, Paris, SF/LA, Sydney and pretty much every major city in Australia
Its all a money laundering scheme

They live on the other side of the bridge.
Oakland baby.

For now but if it the tech boom continues to expand then more and more people will buy up real estate in Oakland

The city is already in the process of becoming gentrified

Even programmers cannot afford to live there comfortably nowadays.I blame SF's stupid zoning laws.

Niggers dont know about property tax.

That could actually be a great deal depending on how much land is on the lot

>I don't want anymore of those chinks to buy houses here.

It's a bubble, my friend. See, the only way this is profitable for the chinks is if the price of houses keeps rising, but while that's happening, the property tax they pay also goes up.

This means that the chinks are basically giving the government a tax boost.... and ultimately when the bubble pops(chinks run out of money to keep buying more houses), they're never going to recoup their investments.

700 ft sq, looks like

I'd rather commit suicide than live in a big city.

>canadian
>trying to mock other country housing prices

I can see why everyone hates you fucking retards.

500,000 can get you a mansion in almost every non-coastal state

That actually nothing could to UK's property prices. I live in a small 50k town and the 3 bedroom terraced house like the one on the pic would cost you around 200k pounds which is roughly 300k US dollars.

>studying in berkeley for my masters
>all rent prices are insane

how can amerifats live here?

i literally have to live in the nigger-infested southside ghetto place and i pay 1400 a month. there are bums everywhere too. no wonder americucks are so butthurt and bitter all the time

>live in small Indiana town
>$460 for a 1200 sq.ft 2 bed 2 full bath house with a fenced-in backyard
>live 5 minutes from a Walmart and Kroger for daily things. Local markets are also cheap as shit.
>live an hour from Indy and less than 2 hours from Chicago for concerts and other events
>don't have to worry about crime and homeless

It's pretty sweet. I fail to see what I'm missing out on by not paying $2000 a month to live in a broom closet in San Francisco.

Plus its probably in shambles.

Fuck off mate, San Fran is not remotely representative of America. We have some of the most affordable cities in the world. If you have a fucking job then you should be able to afford to live in these cities: Pittsburgh, Tucson, Saint Louis, Phoenix, Oklahoma City, Jacksonville, Little Rock, Dallas, San Antonio, Baltimore, Raleigh, Columbus, Charlotte, Houston, Orlando, Nashville, Las Vegas, Atlanta, Salt Lake City, Madison, Richmond, Minneapolis, Tampa, Sacramento, and even Chicago, Boise, Philadelphia and many more.

Yep, that's a normal house in a normal neighborhood here. Housing here is insane and frankly is bound to crash. Even all the tech rich are complaining about it, and if they start to bounce it'll crash. Only reason I can live here is I lucked out on a Cragslist ad 7 years ago and fell into a perfect situation w/low rent.

No, this is what happens when you let protectionist regulations and NIMBYism take over a city.

serious question: why don't you just live in a van?
there are some very comfy vans/campers. you can use your schools gym for hygiene.

Are there actually rent controlled apartments in SF?

Government regulators are just doing what property owners want. It's the same in every city.

THOSE HOUSES ARE VERY LONG

they look weird from the front- but when you go inside it's a two story house usually with a bunch of rooms that go on and on

smaller than an average american house sure- but it is san francisco after all and they ran out of building space 100 years ago.

most of the people that own homes in SF are millionaires

if they sold their little tiny box home- they could resettle nearly anywhere and have enough money for SEVERAL homes

Go back to your country chink/poo-in-loo.

I live in a decent sized town on the Florida East Coast and you can get N apartment room for $400 a month easy

no one wants to live in TN

This is the best option if living in San Fran. I lived in my car (not even a van) for a week in San Fran, and I'll be honest it was scary as duck at night because I'd never lived there before but I see vans and campers parked on the road all the time there that haven't moved for months or will move around occasionally. I believe it's legal to live in your car in SF

$750,000 will get you a literal mansion in most small town environs, or 375 acres of good land.

Hell down in southern Texas 750 grand will get you a whole city block. Here in Vermont it depends on the township- here it would get you a rather large home (but not a mansion) up in Burlington it would get you an upper middle class abode. In the rural areas you could buy a farmhouse and then some, fields and all.

I wouldn't pay a dime to live in a big city.

The chinks don't care, they're betting on a banking crisis in China, so any money they get out of there and invested in a western country is a win for them.

Where the hell are you from that you can ramble on about the US like this?

Why did SF? Let things get this bad? Why don't they just build more housing?

It's a mystery to me why someone would want to pay more money for a shittier place to live.

You're not missing out on anything because you're basically dead inside already

Why is canada always a cuck?

Because it is going to be worth 2 times that in 5 years or so (assuming that the bubble doesn't pop.)

Yeah west coast cities are an outlier. Other than DC, NY, maybe Miami a 60k job will at least get you a condo or something in any east coast city

Most of you rednecks couldn't afford to live in SF.

40 year mortgages, and jobs pay more in the areas where home prices are nuts.

>Oakland
You can't afford that shit either.

I have a 4 bdrm place in the east bay. Looking for a roommate. I work in sf. You a degenerate? If not, we should talk.

>east bay
Fucking where, bro? Don't just say East Bay, name the fucking city.

>NIMBY
Exactly, give this Canuck a cookie. San Francisco has gotten a little bit better but not enough to fix the housing shortage, and idiots are already bitching about the condos that "block views of the bay" or whatever.

Antioch

>what is any city in Canada over 100k people

Is Antioch still full of Section 8 niggers?