What was so wrong about Sheeran being in GoT?

What was so wrong about Sheeran being in GoT?

The guy sings a lot of fantasy music, it was honestly kind of nice to see the faceless mooks in the Lannister army get some actual humanization, it makes it more impactful when they inevitably die

Honestly Sheeren's kind of plain faced but at least looks right for the part, it's not like they brought in Snoop Dog and said he was a Northerner or some shit, Sheeren has the kind of face that seems plain enough to be a random soldier but looks like he could actually be from the Westerlands

It's not like Sheeren's super ridiculously famous anyway, most people who'll have heard of him wouldn't know what he looks like. Nothing about his appearance was immersion breaking

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=DFLuIZ4WL_A
youtube.com/watch?v=61RnXNv1H5Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I don't get it either. When I first saw the scene, I just thought he was some random dude, but then i saw everyone complaining. What type of normie do you have to be to recognize this guy and get ass mad about it?

makes no sense.

Why is nobody talking about Tommy Turgoose's role ?

Suspension of disbelief maybe

idk i didn't mind

m.youtube.com/watch?v=DFLuIZ4WL_A

>muh immersion
only spergs can't deal with it, evidently they gave him a song from the books, seems reasonable to me

>, it's not like they brought in Snoop Dog and said he was a Northerner or some shit,
that would've been better

Why though? I get that you're most likely just shit posting but on the off hand that you're actually retarded, can you elaborate why Snoop fucking dog would be better than some white bloke who looks like every other white bloke that just so happens to be semi famous?

I had no problem with him because I had no idea he was a famous person doing a cameo. He just looked like some good-natured infantry schlub. Nothing off-putting about this scene to me.

it would be funny and extreme.

just like le ed le shoorain but actually better. it's bad but so bad it's funny or tasteful. eduardo sheruano is just bad.

>It's not like Sheeren's super ridiculously famous anyway, most people who'll have heard of him wouldn't know what he looks like

Dude hes literally like the #1 selling music artist right now.... how out of touch are you?

This. Sort of a 'the absolute madman' situation.

I knew Ed Sheeran's name but pretty much nothing else about him. Looked him up after all the drama and turns out his music is actually pretty good.

Weird that people get mad about this and not Sigur Ros. I guess because most people don't know who Sigur Ros is? So it seems their mistake was casting someone who too many people know.

Because that was the absolute "nail in the coffin" confirmation that everything they are doing right now is just fucking fan service and its frustrating to watch

pop star cameos are lame and pathetic
when they are as prolific cameos as sheerans was its especially bad
this show has been losing credibility like shit through a goose already, and then this is like the straw the last straw

ruins immersion. it's just that in this case it can ruin immersion even for normies, so it's an unprecedented situation

Did Sigur Ros really ruin your immersion?

i dont even watch game of shit, and i dont know what sigur ros look like, but I can see how my artists could ruin an immersion for me. also in that post i talked about all such cases not sigur ros in wherever, i assume game of thrones

I don't get how this could ruin your immersion any more than seeing a meme actor like Sean Bean playing yet another character who dies.

He was fine, it was the "muh wife just had a baby" guy who was fucking shit

Hey man, don't talk shit about my boy. That man's wife just had a baby, have some compassion you piece of shit.

why are there a bunch of soft innocent boys after several years of brutal war?

youtube.com/watch?v=61RnXNv1H5Y
They were more in the background then Ed

>pop star cameos are lame and pathetic
This. It's different for lesser known figures (authors, smaller musicians, etc.) because the cameo is functioning as a nod to people, or a sign of respect from the creators. Subtelty is important for a cameo. A super famous person like Ed Sheeren destroys that. It's nothing but a huge eye-wink to the audience that they know who the person is and they should be happy to be see him.

Maybe they're not? They could be lying and if not, they're probably not fucking insane, just like how some soldiers in real life come back from war and act perfectly normal even if they've done fucked up shit.

The lyrics he is singing only make sense in the context of the books
>the song is sung while Tyrion is hand to piss him off, they're a bit late to introduce it
>no "hands of gold" chain in the show
>Tyrion is meant to think of the song while killing Shae

uh huh

ho ho?

Well that is pretty stupid then.

>"famous"

Never heard of this person until this thread

They didn't have to zoom in and keep the camera on his face for a good 9 seconds.

>YEP, IT'S HIM

LINGER ON HIS FACE A LITTLE MORE, I NEED TO BE ABSOLUTELY SURE THAT'S THE FAMOUS SINGER, ED SHEERAN
>it's a new one
YOU GET IT

Honestly I like that shot. Because i didn't know who he was, it actually made that scene a lot creepier. This freak is staring at her and the other dude telling her to come over. unsettling. I honestly thought they were going to try to rape her or something.

He's not some low-key indie musician with a cult following. He's one of the biggest pop stars on the planet right now, and has been since he recorded stuff with Taylor Swift years ago. I don't follow pop music at all, and I've heard of him.

>it was honestly kind of nice to see the faceless mooks in the Lannister army get some actual humanization, it makes it more impactful when they inevitably die

they spent so much time humanizing for Arya the fucking Hound, this is completely unnecessary and just a time-filler

Maisie makes Sheeren look handsome

It was a tiny scene.

I laughed at the scene, and I don't think it was meant to be funny.

Also - there's only 7 episodes this season, why are they wasting time on this shit?

God bless the little goggle-eyed acting behemoth

As this was a treat from the producers to Maisie Williams, as she loves Sheeran, would Sup Forums's opinion change if this was a concession D&D made in order to get her topless in a later episode?

>Are you old enough to drink?
>May I see some ID?

what did D&D mean by that?

Because it was a good cameo. He's not very famous, but recognizable from a memorable series, and the show didn't shove his presence in our face. I liked seeing him.

It's mainly arya's characterization. Nymeria will eat her new friends and she will feel bad about it showing that's she's not a complete sociopath.
Titties

The cow-eyed dude talking about how his mom told him to be kind to strangers was way more annoying than ginger singer dude

The scene is only fucking weird because the camera stays on his face for like ten seconds to establish IT'S ED SHEREEN while all he does is stare at Arya. Everyone who recognizes him is rolling their eyes to the back of their skulls while everyone who doesn't is wondering in confusion if this is some important character we're supposed to know about.
Then his stupid quip about the song being a new one you should buy on itunes today.

yes, but that was already shown with the hound. Don't dream, Nymeria or any of the other dogs won't come back.

This entire scene was an awkward watch, who the fuck cares about Sheeran, maybe that's what they were going for since they're randoms meeting in a forest, honestly expected them to try raping Maisie or something.

they could be recent recruits

they may have just come out of training

they may have only seen "action" as a garrison - the battles back then (well in a medieval melee-heavy era) had a FAR high fatality rate than later periods of warfare, so veterans were far less common

I can tell you I have absolutely no idea who this guy is, but the scene felt completely out of place and now that I know it was a tacked on scene it cheapens the whole episode and season.

That and the "women are heroes, get over it" tier writing

That's literally only Danubres and Salsa. Brienne executed a wounded broken man who was the rightful king regardless of kinslaying. Elara and her bastards murdered an innocent girl, and her rightful prince (basically king slaying) and his aire. And arya is an edgy assassin, Walter was a pretty based dude. Yara did nothing wrong and is pretty based.

what version of english are you using?

Every bit of female empowerment in this is fanfiction. The only one who deserves credit would be Brienne who does and says very little in the episode. Don't be such an apologist. HBO is fucking it up.

The funny part is that he can actually act better than that disgusting frog faced cunt, she herself breaks the "immersion" far more than sheeren

>It's not like Sheeren's super ridiculously famous anyway

Please I can't go 2 minutes listening to the radio without two of his shittiest songs being played 24/7

>being such a normie that you want to listen to the radio this bad

in the UK?

>group of men, soldiers at that, come across a lonely girl and they don't rape her
>in Westeros/ASOIAF

I call bullshit.

>Be Ed Sheeran
>Ever since you were a kid you always loved watching medieval fantasy films
>You hear about Peter Jackson revisiting Middle Earth with his Hobbit movies and try to get a cameo role
>Instead they ask you to record a song that will play during the end credits of Desolation of Smaug
>prettygood.jpg
>Several years later you get asked to participate in a Game of Thrones episodes
>HOLYSHIT.gif
>Come on set as they dress you up in cool medieval like clothing
>You get to meet Maisie Williams
>Director asks you to sing a song with a group of guys as Maisie's character will ask you what you are singing and your response is "It's a new one".
>"Um okay. This is surely just a light joke and warm up and I am sure to surprise the audience with some other lines and perhaps a duel with Maisie?? Who knows".
>Read the script to see what else you may say in the scene
>tfw there is nothing else for your character
>Without being rude and causing any trouble, you decide to go ahead with this scene
>tfw you have to sit awkwardly around everyone as they are saying lines while you are completely shocked how the writers and director couldn't bother to give you anything else to go on
>tfw days later you go to your twitter and everyone is making fun of your cameo
>delete twitter because you cannot deal with all this shit
>tfw your days of hoping to play a major role in a fantasy film have probably come to an end

>say something controversial
>silence for a few secs
>erupt in laughter

I hate this, has anyone ever seen this happen? If you say something out of left field that catches someone off guard they either pull you up for it and you get into an argument or they burst out laughing. At most there is a slight delay but thats it, any more and the mood will have clearly changed for good.

I agree. I was also extremely triggered when I saw Sean Bean in the first season. How am I suppsoed to get immersed in the world when I can clearly see that it's Sean Bean being Sean Bean on the screen.

mild kek, but yeah, objectively, the lingering on his face and giving him no dialogue really makes the hamfistedness of his cameo painful

Arya looks like fucking quasimodo at this point.

This.

I didn't even know who this Ed guy was until everyone got spastic about it.

>cast global superstar in cameo role
>"okay cool they've done it before, no biggie"
>give him a scene that has no relevance to the show, simply filler
>further fuck the point home by lingering too long on his "reveal"
>proceed to give him hammy dialog that makes you cringe

compared to

>memey actor, but still an actor
>integral to the story
>memorable character

quasimoto looks like THAT?

>this is a 10/10 in bongistan

She's curving her back as much as she can and still no ass.

the dialogue was cringe-worthy in this scene. could they lay it on any thicker?

>*looks directly in the camera*
>Also, buy my new album on iTunes and Google Play!
I dunno, was kinda off putting to me.

>tfw you have no fucking clue who that was and don't fucking care, but Sup Forums and reddit-posters on Sup Forums seem to be shitting their beds over it

God you people are so fucking hip and cool and "in". How can a normie like me be as autistic as you shits? GoT seems to be nothing but shit.

A good show should be timeless. In some years no one will know who the fuck was that. If they are relaying on cameos to make people like their show instead of plot and shit then that show is shit and only a cash grab for that moment. It feels cheap, just one casual pop show instead of the kino it could be. It annoys me.

Considering I had no clue who it was I don't think it matters. The scene was good, except I was waiting for the terminator face chick to wig out and kill everyone at any moment which in itself ruined the scene.

Still flat

They gonna gangrape her?

Yeah, I bet they picked the n1 singer at the moment because they wanted someone subtle that most people wouldnt now.
This shit was made for normies or people who just go outside and not NEETS like you. They are pandering to the masses and sacrificing a good story telling.

no different than if they had got Justin Bieber to do the same cameo. pointless shit.