Rise of the Dawn of the War of the Planet of the Apes

Watching the first movie, I can't help but think of how Caesar would be ashamed at the arrogance and corruption of the apes currently in charge of the government at the time of the original movie.

Yeah I know it was a political statement at the time, but still.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JlmzUEQxOvA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's a cycle my dude. Human nature always results in a group trying to take over and hold the most power.

>human

But for reals it's interesting that we've observed tyrants in ape sociology. Never in eusocial organisms though, like ants, bees and so on, utterly lacking higher cognitive functions.

Why is that man crying?

He has a hot woman that doesn't talk to fuck.
He has a horse.
And he is free to do and live how he wants.

because he knows he's about to run into a bunch of psychics that will ruin his whole week

They're basically humans in ape bodies.

Taylor didn't know he was on Earth. He thought he was on an alien world until he saw the statue of liberty.

Also, Taylor was an obnoxious super-edgy manchild who acted all cynical and nihilistic for show. He talked shit about man being corrupt and shit, but his adventure during the film made him regain his faith in humanity. At which point, seeing the statue of liberty in ruins, plus the realization he was on Earth all along, caused him to cry and freak out as he realized that his edgelord opinion on man was right all along.

Also he isn't fucking free. The apes will kill him first chance they get plus Zaius would kill him in a heartbeat because of the threat he represents to the ape world order.

near the beginning after they land I think one of them comments that there's no moon. Does that imply at the end that we blew up the moon with nukes? is that how the society was destroyed? by moon chunks raining down on the earth? but then where would the radiation to quickly mutate humans into mutes and apes into higher sapience come from?

should I watch the original films?
I think I watched them all once i was a child, but can't remember the plots of any other than the first.
Are any of them kino?

This first one is indisputably kino.
Seriously.
The others are sequels and...skippable I guess. Never cared about them.

Humans are apes, you stupid fucking ignorant idiot.

The original sequels are worth a watch

1>4>3>2>5

agreed, 2 was so fucking stupid, mostly

It makes you wonder if they're gonna use or improve that concept of underground mutant psychics in the new movies.
Hopefully they just drop it

piccolo blew it up in the saiyan saga

That image doesn't make any sense

It takes millions of years for mountains to form, and yet the astronauts only traveled a a couple hundred years into the future

This series isn't supposed to make sense

never noticed this before

>hundreds
no more like thousands bordering on millions, still good point it makes no sense, unless the statue sunk into the bay and what we are seeing is all underwater at this time

THANKS FOR POSTING THAT SPOILER ASSHOLE

which one?

Maybe they just tore down the statue and tugged it somewhere. Then, I suppose, for whatever reason discarded it upright.

There's no red circle here, what was it that you didn't notice?

I was doing a marathon of the old films a while back, I fell asleep with the one where it starts out in a little community with apes teaching each other and living peacefully.
Is it worth it to go back and finish it? (I'd have to start the marathon all over again because autism)

they also all speak english on the planet and no one ever questions it

I thought he was talking about the apes doing the "see no evil, speak no evil etc." thing

oh yeah like those monkey emojis haha!

>monkey emojis

Why didnt nova care about her father getting killed but teared up when an ape who killed her father the other day died? Is she a cuck? Dare I say it, /ourguy/?

THOUSANDS OF YEARS AGO THERE WAZ A DAWN OF THE DAY OF THE RISE OF THE WAR OF THE PLANET OF THE APES.

Beneath the planet of the apes is a pleb filter. Apekino.

we share a common ancestor, user, homo sapiens are decidedly not apes

-so sayeth the lawgiver

I still consider the first Planet of the Apes movie as a Twilight Zone movie

What? "Ape" isn't a species, it's a superfamily that consists of several different species. Humans are apes and all apes share a common ancestor.

forgot pic

The original takes place in 3175 or something. They fucked up in the 2nd one and said 3155 even though the events clearly take place after Taylor's landing.

literally did nothing wrong

man is closer related to the chimp than the african elefant is to the asian elefant. we literally are apes you dumb fuck. thats not an opinion but taxonomy.

*tips*

Shouldn't have picked up that doll.

>This wall won't save you!
what did they mean by this

3955AD

There's only one spoiler in your post, and it ain't the text you spoiler'd.

Was Caesar the lawgiver?

Thanks. I didn't feel like wiki-ing it. I just knew it was ample time for the statue of liberty to fall and get washed ashore somewhere.

Originals and these 3 newer reboots do not exist in the same universe. The Lawgiver is also a title not a single person.

In the comics the mutants launch a nuke (similar to the one used in Beneath to destroy the Earth) which blows up the moon and kills a load of the apes.

The landscape is fucked up because of years of nuclear war between nations with the technology to destroy the entire planet.
Also who gives a shit.

>You will never see a Planet of the Apes musical

I LOVE YOU, DR ZAIUS!

What comics?

The virus had rendered her primitive, even for a child. Even though we see her understand words and accomplish tasks like giving Caesar grain, we know that eventually she'll get to the point of the humans in the original, where they have no language and are about as smart as pre-virus apes. Her only strong memories at that point were likely the past few days of travel with the apes, and so she wept for them

Are you retarded, or do you enjoy doing the same joke

>Zaius

DOCTOR ZAIUS DOCTOR ZAIUS
youtube.com/watch?v=JlmzUEQxOvA

other poster was retarded, didn't even get a red eye of (You) until now

Well, yeah. Caesar tried to create a society that was distinct from humans but in the end the apes just basically became the new human race without much difference.

They make musicals out of old movies all the time. I could see them actually doing this
Just wonder how the rights to the songs used in Simpsons would work