Moon Knight 2006-2009

Good day.
Total newbie to this whole comic book thing but I was told that this character and this particular run is a good one.

True/False?
Also, I tried my best to use desustorage but I could not find all 31 issues.
Thanks.

Bump.

Moon knight is great. The only thing i recommend skipping is bendis' s run

It's awesome.

I hate to be that guy but you really should just buy it if you want it.

Moon Knight is worth having on your shelf - even if you're not an avid comics fan he's worth revisiting and fun/light enough that it's an easy read when bored.

>desuarchive
ftfy

You mean current one or?

Current one is written by Lemire. Skip Bendis

The one written by Bendis.

Bendis?

from the current one skip the brian wood issues

Nah. The best MK are v1 #11-15, 22-26, 28-30, and the Warren Ellis run.

You can get everything other than the Bendis run (which is garbage) here:

That was the last volume.

the Moon-Copter must look like a croissant to praise our Lord Conch Shell

Moon Knight > Batman.

No, I am not baiting.

Not having dozen sidekicks does wonders.

Didn't he write comics?

I can't believe someone is paid to write comics.

>tfw we'll never get Snyder/George Miller directed/Nolan written R-rated Moon Knight movie

end me.

Thank god

Paid? To write comics?

The Bendis run isn't TERRIBLE, but not amazing. Maleev did great artwork.

We at least got to see Dr Nefarious get used

>everything is more popular with spiderman and wolverine in them
>i did it with avenger. I can do it with moon knight too!

I can't believe people are paid for that.

Why does MK have such shit villians?

Because C-lister.

>Bushmam
> Khonshu
>Marc Spector

Wish comics would go back a bit to his origins as a Van Helsing-esque monster hunter character.

I hope the never adapt Moon Knight - they'll butcher his trippy, bizzare origins story on the big screen and they can't deliver the CGI needed for Netflix series.

Leave MK alone!

I'm still fucking pissed off he chucked Moonys supporting cast in the trash and ended that series with 'Moon Knight will return in Age of Ultron'... Don't pretend you give a shit about the character Bendis.

The Profile was cool, Scarlet counts as an opponent... and so does Khonshu too for that matter.

Personally I loved when he went fought Crawley's son... just some crazy bastard with a massive machete.

>Moon Knight has shit villains

Midnight, Midnight 2, Black Spectre, & Black Spectre 2

Specially Midnight 2

You could do some nice story with Morpheus.

I'm not really a fan of it. It really felt like it was trying too hard sometimes. The whole face cutting off thing is something everyone seems to applaud because "Marc's so crazy!" but I just found kind of silly. Also, Frenchie, Marc's dashing ladykiller friend and pilot, becoming a gay, legless French restaurateur out of the blue definitely left me scratching my head. I say this as a guy who's been known to hardly require any booze at all before getting into bed with another dude, but that was pretty cringey. "They were all beards, Marc."

Still better than Bendis' run.

I'd recommend the Ellis-Shalvey run, i.e. Vol 1. From the Dead. Didn't read the other volumes because i didnt see Shalvey on the cover so I didn't feel like spending money on em. Are they any good?

I have the other two volumes, and I think they're pretty good. Love volume three since it's all just random stories

Fuck, I'd watch that

How is it as an entry point into MK?
Should I read from the 2006 relaunch or is From the Dead a good place to start?

It was really my first introduction to him as a character, i guess. I knew of MK before, but never really got a feel for him. It gives insight into his origin very well, and his personality i think. It's just a great-ass set of stories.

I haven't read the 2006 relaunch but based on everyone's opinion, it seems I should.

I'm pretty sure it was meant as an entry point since it gives a brief history and introduces main characters all while not going further than 3 volumes.
Either way, I think it's brief good entry point

thanks bruh
I'll get on it

Thanks user. I genuinely appreciate it as I think I botched it horribly.

This user is right - Moon Knight is a remarkably difficult character to work out how to adapt.

Even trusting Marvel Studios with him would be a long shot - but it's a hypothetical dream.

Hammer probably seems like soft casting - but I think you need someone who isn't just going to play Spector, but can also be Grant and Lockley too... a lot of the more obvious Merc looking castings couldn't pull that off I don't think.

I think it acts as a good start - as is nice and 'modern'. But you really can't go wrong with the earlier stuff. I'd suggest the Epic or Essential lines myself.

If I like these ones I'll be sure to go back and check out the earlier stuff.

He has cool villains, they just never get used.

Awesome. The new stuff is good but I don't think they ever really topped the era when Grant was a major figure and Moon Knight had a really spy-fi / cold-war feel going for him.

I'd love to see a writer combine the old-school pulpy adventure feel with the more dark and surreal adventures that he seems to get up to today.

I miss Frenchie and the Mooncopter.

It always warms my heart to see a MK thread. I don't think I'd have got into comics if it wasn't for reading him back in the day. He seems to be one of those character's who's really beloved despite never really making the A-list. I wouldn't want him to though. Imagine if he had to put up with writers and bull-shit events all the time. He's much better off in the shadows.