Fact: Suicide Squad was more fun and enjoyable than the following other cape films:

Fact: Suicide Squad was more fun and enjoyable than the following other cape films:

Iron Man 2
Iron Man 3
Thor 1
Thor 2
Avengers 1
Avengers 2
Hulk
Amazing Spider-Man
Amazing Spider-Man 2
Fantastic 4
X-Men Days of Future Past
X-Men Age of Apocalypse

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zXwfYniTKsc
youtube.com/watch?v=-WDMHKgBfpE
youtube.com/watch?v=i4vAZZ8iLGY
youtube.com/watch?v=mSbyknf4vJ4
youtube.com/watch?v=0g1um446Bis
youtube.com/watch?v=QlQ_thbFtDA
youtube.com/watch?v=FhGPvE43aAM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Marvel had MANY chances to get it right and made a long list of blunders before we got some good films out of them.

People need to stfu about the DCEU being doomed. They're achieving a lot more in far less time.

Look if you didn't like the movie then that's perfectly fine but there is no fucking way I can buy people liking Hulk more than the Suicide Squad.

Fact: butthurt dc fans are full of shit

sage, report, hide.

>26%

Kek, no

But the first movie they put out, Iron Man 1, was amazing.

>its a user doesn't know the difference between opinion and fact episode

>Marvel had MANY chances to get it right and made a long list of blunders before we got some good films out of them.

Fact. However this is the case with any company. DC has the same amount of fuck ups before Batman Begins.

Also
>They're achieving a lot more in far less time.

What does this even insinuate? What have DC done right with their cinematic universe that captivates normies?

rotten tomatoes doesnt matter
-critics are just shilling
box office doesnt matter
-sheeple just wantdumb, comfy, safe movies
twitter, reddit, youtube dont matter
-those are cancer sites that can never produce valid opinions
word of mouth doesnt matter
-they are probably just shilling
only my opinion matters
that last bit is actually true, since you can enjoy something nobody else does, but it doesnt mean that you are any more right than anybody else

>Iron Man 2
I'll give you this
>Iron Man 3
Both are of equal bullshit
>Thor 1
Yes
>Thor 2
Yes
>Avengers 1
No
>Avengers 2
Equal shit
>Hulk
Yes, because Boring.
>Amazing Spider-Man
Not Marvel Studios , but equal shit
>Amazing Spider-Man 2
Not Marvel Studios, but yes
>Fantastic 4
Not Marvel Studios, but yes
>X-Men Days of Future Past
Not Marvel Studios, and absolutely fucking not.
>X-Men Age of Apocalypse
Both of equal shit.

Hating ASM is a meme. They're better than Raimi's garbage trilogy in every way execpt Simmons. Why couldn't we get Simmons back?

WAAAH WAAAH MUH MUH MOVIE TAKE DINE ROTTEN TAMAKOS SUICIDE SKWAD DIN DU NUFFINS! IT'S A GOOD MOVIE!

dont forget doc ock

if rotten tomatoes doesnt matter, why is everyone so insistent on yelling that they are right and everyone else is wrong?

shouldnt the satisfaction be enough?

>sheeple just wantdumb, comfy, safe movies
In that case this should be a raging success then.

>Fact
That is not how you spell opinion.

But if fucking doesn't matter. Because DC Fag will run to it as soon as Iron Man 2 or 3 gets a shit score but want it ripped down as soon as they think Marvel is shilling despite RT being more cooperately close with WB. Stop giving a rats ass if you like Suicide Shit then enjoy it. Don't make thousands of thread trying to justify why it was better than marvel films, because that only insults the film itself. You feeling you have to give it pity and such. Let it be a stand alone art, not some heap of trash in a pile of 2 companies shitting out movies to out do one another. You're not doing it justice by not putting it in an arena and fighting it out with other films.

it is a bit, its too early to tell, but its opening week wasnt bad

The first Avengers movies is better, otherwise this is correct

Loo at him. Look at him and laugh.

very good point right here

if you enjoy it, enjoy it theres no shame in that

there is great shame in trying to disparage other movies because you feel like that will somehow improve you own it wont

>implying
youtube.com/watch?v=zXwfYniTKsc

DCucks out of containment

>garbage trilogy
>ASM movies better
Only 3rd was bad and despite that SM3 was more enjoyable than ASM2 ever was, even first ASM movie was just meh. SM2 > SM1 > ASM > SM3 >>> ASM2

>It's another paid shill from your friendly advertisers.

DC fans still stuck in Stockholm Syndrome? Wonder how ugly it will get when they finally realize the shithole they've dug for themselves.

You must be delusional to think SS was more enjoyable than DOFP. Both had similar amounts of "fun" but at least DOFP had great characters and a decent story.

I'm just gonna name the MCU ones so you can see it's a matter of approach. No matter how bad the MCU movies are, they are always delivered with a semblance of attitude and love for the characters. Almost everyone has time to shine in every movie, and there's at least one memorable scene in each one, that makes the tone consistent.

>Iron Man 2
youtube.com/watch?v=-WDMHKgBfpE
>Iron Man 3
youtube.com/watch?v=i4vAZZ8iLGY
>Thor 1
youtube.com/watch?v=mSbyknf4vJ4
>Thor 2
youtube.com/watch?v=0g1um446Bis
>Avengers 1
youtube.com/watch?v=QlQ_thbFtDA
>Avengers 2
youtube.com/watch?v=FhGPvE43aAM

Now, some of them aren't great (Thor 2 being the obvious one, but that one had some serious fucking production troubles), but there's a clear effort put into it. Characterisation stands on all of them, story has always made sense, editing isn't shitty, etc etc. Sometimes, DC also has good scenes, but they don't carry the tone of the rest of the movie (i.e. batman's fight scene in BvS). It's a matter of looking at the movie as a whole and making it a cohesive experience.

DC has yet to produce a well edited movie that doesn't either have severe pacing issues, shitty realised characters or both.

Marvel movies are safe, sure, but they at least deliver a minimum quality guarantee. Unsafe can have it's merits, but not by default. Crossing a highway on foot is unsafe and stupid, even if you survive.

>DOFP
>AoA
You fucked up

Other than that yeah.

>16%

oh baby. You lost.

Thanks for updating your blog

>Fact
You managed to shitpost with the first word of your post.
Those are opinions you posted.

I liked days of future past better, but other than that, ya.

Facts =/= opinions

Here's an example of fact: Suicide Squad is getting worse reviews than any of those films (except for Fant4stic)

>The only way to justfiy my liking something can only be to compare it to Marvel!

I dunno if Fant4stic is exactly a useful measuring stick, you have to really be trying to fail to do that, which Fox kind of was, they don't care about it, they just don't want the rights reverting back.

>More fun than Iron Man 2 and 3
That's literally all those movies are. Shitty cape movies but god damn are they fun

>suicide squad
>fun
not really

I rate it 5/10
Wasnt good but wasnt bad either. You're just kinda sitting there, hoping something actually good happens or the movie ends

enough to outsell them in dvd releases of their highest grossing films at least

I'd agree with them all but Avengers 1. That was quite the fun movie to see on the big screen.

If they make a Suicide Squad 2, can it just be Harley and Katana?

Shut up and suck it up, or down. You lost.

Yeah, because BvS had fucking 30 minutes of cut content in the DVD release.

MCU and Fox have worthless DVDs, you only get 2 or 3 one minute deleted scenes on them.

Shitposting fuel. Do you not realize that's the only time it's allowed to matter?

Suicide Squad was a solid 7/10

Better than the vast majority of marvel films. Way more fun.

>you lost

By having more fun at the movies with Suicide Squad than the majority of Marvel films? Lol, okay faggot.

Why people pretend she is hot when she has not tits or ass?

and get ULTRON one of the shittest capeshit of all time is sitting at 75 for critics and 85 for audience, while this is at what, 30%?

You got a high opinion of yourself, right?
I mean saying opinions as if they were truths like you do.

>people still believe Iron Man 1 is a good movie compared to modern capekino

It was mediocre at best, but we didnt knew better back then.

Yes yes, it's a conspiracy from critics and public alike, obviously. Audience score was 75% yesterday and now sits at 73%! Damn Disney! When will it end?!

Dude, just enjoy the movie for yourself despite the flaws, i probably will too, you don't have to rewrite history just to reaffirm your fanboyism

Welcome to DCEU threads. Pretending is all Sup Forums has.

>fanboy
>because i think it's odd that 2 movies of similar quality have a 35% gap

>DC fans hammering about "muh fun"

Funny how the world works.

>do not make thousands of thread about pointless bait topic

its a bit late to pull ourselves back from that precipice, user. Bait is the only way to attempt to make a discussion thread that won't get buried

Well Sup Forums are into little girls so her not have tits and ass must be a plus.

>I just post Evans, so I dont have to argue my claim.

As expected from a mouseketeer.

DC fans actually make me sad for them.

I swear it's become some sort of meme to give DC films bad reviews.

All of them have been better than a vast majority of Marvel's movies, sure they aren't amazing by any means but they deserve more credit than what they get

The pacing was absolute garbage, and the characterization was rushed to non-existent.

But that's not what the RT rating represents, at all. Its average rating is 4.8/10, just barely below half. It's a solidly okay movie, and most critics agree, with a small portion more critics on the negative side than positive.

The fanboys are all the positives on the right side of this picture, who like it solely because it's DC or Harley is in it. They're the same reason Harley Quinn comic sales numbers are absurdly high.

I want to FUCK Margot Robbie

You want to piss fire?

>BvS
>GL
>better than Iron Man 2
Look at this shit taste.

But apparently it's also doing very well overseas
Quality aside, we're probably looking at another Deadpool

Fuck out of here desu. Hulk was rolling so fast when he got going none of you knew he hit you until your dead. Hulk is fucking beast and I can't wait for the next movie.

That's what all the critics did

Civil War had a 55% drop

No it didn't
The movie is currently successful, why do you have to lie

This is a fair statement, but I retort with an equally fair statement.

I will not take them seriously, until they make a good movie that doesn't involve Batman or any member of the Bat-family/Rogues gallery.

DC has no faith, whatsoever, in their ability to sell anything that isn't Batman, as proven by how they gave Batman top billing in Man of Steel 2 (According to literally everyone that worked on the film, yes, BvS was MoS2.) making his rogues-gallery the focus of Suicide Squad and Batman slated to cameo in, pretty much, every single film that they have on the drawing board.

Give Marvel the credit that they are willing to sell their superheroes on their own merits. Marvel knows that Spider-man will sell himself, Captain America will sell himself, Hulk sells himself, Thor sells himself, Ant-Man sells himself. They let the Guardians of the Galaxy (Who, let's face it, nobody in the mainstream really knew/cared about until the film) sell themselves.

Warner are shoehorning Batman into every film they can, because they don't think any of their other characters can stand on their own.

30 minutes or not, several thousand people are not going to buy a dvd of a film they did not like

>estimates

>Shilling this hard

ASM>SM2>SM>TASM2>SM3

>This bad movie isn't as bad as these other bad movies!

Comparing Dcu to Mcu is total bullshit. Marvel gets to slide on everything because everyone forgets half the movies.

The only really good Mcu movies are (in no order) Iron man 1, Gurdians, Captain america 2 and Ant-Man. The rest were either meh or just flat out BAD ( Iron man 3 and Avengers 2)

DCU is getting off on the wrong foot in phase one. Man of steel ( which i like, isnt fantastic but its not terrible),
BVS ( disappointment but we did get to see Batman and Superman fight beautifully)
Suicide Squad I loved it. I think alot of people hated it because they thought it was a Joker movie and it wasnt. I know his scenes were cut and they BETTER release an extended version. Also the villain was bland but lets be honest were we really expecting an amazing villain,i wasnt.

ASM is a TV pilot that pointlessly rehashes all the major plot points of the first Raimi movie and is more interested in setting up sequels then telling its own story.

You can take the "but it's slightly more comic accurate!" argument and stuff it up your ass. Anyone with even a basic understanding of filmmaking and writing can see it's demonstrably worse then the first two Raimi-man movies.

>inb4 RAIMI FANBOY

It's not my fault Webb decided to remake the first Raimi-Man movie but take every tiny shred of personality out of it. Maybe if he had made his own film with its own personality I wouldn't compare it to its predecessors.

>They're better than Raimi's garbage trilogy in every way

Personally I only like SM1, but i'd rather eat cow shit than watch ASM2 again

>mediocre

Well meme'd, """contrarian"""!

iron man came out in may of 2008 you fucking retard.

Obviously. Only marvel drones and critic shills actually believe otherwise

>before skwad
>DCEU isn't supposed to be fun! It's s-serious kino for mature people like m-myself!
>after skwad
>It's more fun than MCU! H-honestly!!1!

The good:

>the characters are pretty on point, especially for Harley and Deadshot
>the overall plot was well executed, engrossing and coherent
>the tone of the movie was consistent across the board, which is what you expect from a director like Ayers
>Well cast and well acted, pretty much across the board
>Harley, Deadshot, Flagg and El Diablo all had great character arcs
>Enchantress and her brother were great villains
>Amanda. Fucking. Waller.
>The scenes with Batman were GLORIOUS

The bad

>the soundtrack was overbearing, and was very obviously forced onto the movie by studio execs
>the members of the Squad were introduced in a very clumsy, inorganic way
>some scenes from the trailers, once you see them in the movie, are jarring and take you out of the movie
>The Harley/Joker dynamic was all sorts of wrong.

It's the last one that probably irritates me the most, from a character perspective. Like, it shows, in depth, that their relationship is deeply fucked up and that it's all sorts of abusive, but she never sees how bad it is, and the movie seems to be totally cool with that.

All in all, though, I liked it just fine. Regret not seeing it in IMAX, especially since I don't really have an interest in seeing it again, right away. Oh well. Probably give it a 7/10.

I enjoy certain hero movies, but holy shit
Go the fuck home already.

>Marvel gets to slide on everything because everyone forgets half the movies.
user ever since day one of Man of Steel the DCEU defenders have been going on about how much deeper and and grounded and realistic and mature and smart and SERIOUS the universe is.

This is the other side of that coin. You don't get to slum it on technique and still demand to be taken seriously. You can't laud something for being genre-busting and then cry about how it doesn't get to hide behind the shield of genre convention. That's hypocrisy, plain and simple.

For me it's never been Fun Vs Serious but how the MCU just feels inconsequential. Nothing matters, london can get destroyed and New york can get destroyed and the avengers can get disbanded but it just doesn't matter.

>inconsequential
And that happens in DC movies when? And no, don't pull that congressional hearing bullshit because that went nowhere just as fast.

The movie literally ends with Batman telling you to forget about the movie and get hyped for JUSTice League.

MCU seems to be playing the long game with consequences while DCEU blows their consequence load as soon as they possibly can. If that's your preference that's fine but both universes have consequences and stakes in as much as a cape story can.

Either way the good guys win at the end and you leave the theater and go home, so this idea that one setting has things that "matter" and the other doesn't strikes me as incredibly silly.

Well that's a fake ass narrative you got going on there user bec5 it's been the mcu fans who've been saying that shit about the DCEU as criticism in comparison to Marvel.

I fully agree except for the first avengers

Are you serious user? Suicide Squad was formed because Superman died, the whole point of BvS is to show how people are coping with the appearance of Superman.

>guy gets head blown off
>mulitple murders
>weird magic shit
Suicide squad was way off the rails

i felt DOFP was drawn out and too slow. I liked the premise but it felt like they were just trusging through scenes once wolverine was sent back and up to magneto lifting the stadium