Do you read newspaper comics?

Do you read newspaper comics?

I read Zits

In the nineties, sure. I was young but even then I knew Calvin and Hobbes was the best comic put to print. And now I work for Charles Schulz's widow, among other clients. She's pretty chill.

Me too. Once I turned 16 I lost interest.

isn't Alice an engineer
shouldn't she value facts over ovaries

She's a woman first. They all are

Sparky was a pretty cool guy, but definitely a product of his time.

this is how I felt wearing a dance belt for the first time

>Strip written by a man
>This represents RL women

was meant for but it's much funnier this way

greg evans is a fucking perv and I want to meet him

sweatingshredder.jpg

Do you want a cookie for not using the word "problematic" because it seems like you were trying real hard here

>dad reads me the comics religiously each night before bed in my childhood
>at one point we couldnt afford the paper so he printed out comics to read
>there was a point where i got too old and told him it was time to stop
>mfw now realizing the heartbreak he probably went through
im gotta get published before he goes, Sup Forums

>Women like poor men now
>Black people play hockey

I dunno user, it seems pretty timeless

nah, I just happen to be from the same town as him. we're fairly progressive but mostly for spics. I'd probably have black friends too if any lived around here.

>women like poor men
Introduce me.

Of the strips that are still running, Pearls Before Swine is the only one that's worth reading.

I can't even imagine who still reads this stuff. All the good comic strips are online now. Even Pearls Before Swine was a webcomic before it moved to the paper.

>what are meme arrows?

shit like this really makes me miss Sparky sitting in his corner of the ice rink lounge

>Your wife will be a girl
>Your daughter will be a girl

I guess times have changed after all

I like Sally Forth though. Pearls Before Swine is never bad, Zits has a few good ones

It's not his fault, he couldn't have predicted feminine penises and (male) succubi

but a "male succubus" is called an incubus

After Calvin and Hobbes ended, newspaper comics became a shadow of their former glory. Only a few comics actually have value now, and the rest are simply the equivalent of those sitcoms you never watch that just go on forever.

Garfield will forever be written and drawn by a hundred ghost writers. For Better or Worse will always be rewritten, the author simply unable to escape her safe space. Family Circus will always appeal only to grandmothers who dream of the "good old days".

Weapon Brown is the only recent series that took all of the concepts of newspaper comics and made them into something interesting.

Prove me wrong.

There's hardly any space for that now that everything is a tabloid.

>but a "male succubus" is called an incubus
No, user.
Not a "male succubus". A succubus (male).
I'll give you a little hint, think about what incubi and succubi do differently

but they prefer succubus

"gay incubus"

Do you think you're being funny?

Do you always get this upset when somebody else is correct?

>He doesn't recognize a years-old meme that shows up on literally every board at some point or another
>The thinks people posting reaction images is "getting upset"
You gotta learn to stop being so hostile, user.

>pearls before swine
>good

It may be good for a newspaper comic, but that's really not saying much

This is not an edit

BLOOOOOOD RAVENS

This comic means that there's someone at the Keane estate who plays Warhammer.

Rose is Rose is the most boring newspaper comic I've ever read. I'd give that title to Family Circus but happened.

The comic was magical, I remember the time Grandpa and Tom went to see the cowboy movie about a special friendship. Is it still in publication anywhere? It hasn't been local since the cartoon started airing.

I read newspaper funnies all through childhood, and well into my teens, but I gradually lost interest.

I don't follow this comic, I assume it was continuing the one preceding it, but what's the context?

I fucking love early 80s Garfield, I almost kind of hate how people only like Garfield ironically now

What're you gonna publish?

I was about to say I don't believe you but then I looked it up. Gotdamn

Nope, it's standalone.

I do, but only because I literally work at a newspaper that still prints in-house, and I usually have to make the plates for the Sunday comics several weeks before they're actually inserted.

it could be something stupid like being so sure that a bear themed children's book was Stein and not Steen that you belive in the most retarded version of multiverse theory to be shit out since Scientology

Welcome to the Bearstain universe, my Bearsteen friend :)

>The "beanie" arc
GAAAAAAH I remember that so well... my only regret is that I didn't read it until AFTER wasting a bunch of allowances on one of those shitty cereal box prizes.

There's multiple black hockey players now.

If you want rarity, search for Asian or Latino players.

Pearls is the shit.

Pluggers because it's literally my family and that amuses me
guilty of some of them myself

The context is that they're little kids and still in that "ew, girls/boys" phase.

>tfw have never been able to end conversations this smoothly