What do the writers have against Veronica lately? Riverdale, Afterlife with Archie...

What do the writers have against Veronica lately? Riverdale, Afterlife with Archie, and the reboot to a mild degree portray her so negatively and lean towards Betty/Archie so much. Did they forgdt Veronica is a nice character even if she is a spoiled brat sometimes?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/zLrp0AD3_78
youtu.be/KaFtsqU2V6U
youtu.be/CyBcHUe4WeQ
youtu.be/541HKD8alfg
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BettyAndVeronica
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I suppose so. The thing about Ronnie is that to see the good aspects of her character you need to read the stories that show it, whereas on the surface, in most stories, people just see Veronica across from Betty and just see a spoiled rich girl next to a combination tomboy/homemaker. There's also been a long-time running gag that Betty is better for Archie (but only slightly, most of the time he makes a list of pros/cons and Betty wins by a hair), but he keeps staying with Ronnie because she's smoking hot.

Personally, Veronica is my pick every time. She's worth seeing beneath the surface. You want irredeemable spoiled rich cunt? There's Cheryl Blossom.

Ronnie hasn't had it nearly as bad as Reggie when it comes to writers treatment.

Because those are the Ultimates 3 versions of the characters.

What do Betty and Veronica even see in Archie?

They're both too good for him, and maybe I'm projecting, but a lot of their fights seem to indicate to me an unresolved tension between each other with Archie just being a pawn in it.

In the main Archive title Veronica is portrayed as a victim of circumstance. Most of the negative traits she shows are from being sheltered or her dad taking advantage of her

Jughead is the superior choice. Only problem is he's only interested in hamburgers.

That's the joke. He's not that amazing yet ir a chick magnet.

Sometimes he's presented as a cool, cute musician and an athlete while other times he's a nerdy jerk that is average looking at best.

His game is strong.

No one likes Reggie. He is the least popular major character. He's just not that redeemable enough

heh

Who reads Archie, anyways?

But seriously, I'm tempted to lay all my Archies around and take a picture of myself like these.

>Texas Randall, from Texas

You poor, poor Child. Your parents were monsters.

If you're a QT3.14 like these ladies, do it user.

I read Archie more than DC or Marvel

I was looking at the Archie section in previews and was amazed that they were doing so many comics I wanted

You. I like you.

>What do Betty and Veronica even see in Archie?

He's got The Gland. The Harem Protagonist Gland.

Its because the current writers have good taste

Veronica likely represents everything most liberal writers (since most Hollywood/comic writers fall into that camp) hate therefore it's easy for them to shit on her.

is Archie written for girls?

I read the first issue and it was good. I need to check out more. I also wanna check out the one with the cat superhero guy

It used to be a bit different.

Archie loved Veronica, but NOT Betty. Veronica was not that attached to Archie, while Betty was literally crazy about Archie, insane and delusional to a near dangerous degree. Archie was just an asshole: he'd go after Veronica, and when she gets tired of him, he'd settle for Betty because she's an easy option he doesn't have to work for, and then when Veronica is available again he'd run after her and leave Betty in the dirt.

>while Betty was literally crazy about Archie, insane and delusional to a near dangerous degree

I'll take that.

>see Riverdale trailer
>Betty is the cute, sweet, girl next door
>Ronnie is a femme fatale man eater

When must BettyxArchie fans always try to make Betty a saint whle demonizing Veronica? It's even slipping into official material now. Why make Betty onto a generic rich bitch character?

Maybe the older Archie fans grew up and got jobs writing for it. They shipped Betty and Archie and are still mad at Veronica, clearly.

I prefer betty and this still makes me mad

The kid's bascially stuck his dick in every girl in Riverdale who wasn't Big Ethel.

It kinda looks that way on the surface but it was also written by (and somewhat for) middle aged men.

>DeCarlo Jr.

Meh...

So basically Archie's just Scott Pilgrim but without the more realistic consequence?

>average redhead kind of outgoing guy who's actually a huge dick and every girl wants to bone him for some reason

youtu.be/zLrp0AD3_78

youtu.be/KaFtsqU2V6U

youtu.be/CyBcHUe4WeQ

youtu.be/541HKD8alfg

Holy shit.

Because in media for the Betty Veronica trope they always push the guys to chose the Betty to try to teach men to take that ugly girl who "was right in front of you all along" and "who will make a great mother" to enforce making men lower their standards

On the other hand if a girl is picking she will always take the male Veronica over the male Betty because Betty "is boring" and Veronica "is an exciting bad boy" who will most likely either pump and dump her or end up beating her.

TL;DR Veronica is being fucked over by a trope

Yea pretty much, girls only like men that other girls like

People shorten Veronica to Ron or Ronnie instead of Vero?

>Vero Vera

They also shorten Elizabeth to Betty.

I've never heard "Vero"

>Vero
Never heard of it.

>and that's how Archie and Jughead learn the music industry is filled with nothing but thieves

So what does a guy like Jughead do once he gets older?

They'd probably be happy to be trendsetter.

He becomes the owner of a large chain of burger restaurants.

Why do they fight over Archie when they could both have best boy?

Except for that one line I still don't think that's the right song.

>last panel
I've seen enough hentai...

Hal ain't gonna like this.

"Betty & Me" was drawn in front of a live studio audience.

>that last panel
I dunno why but that's funny as fuck to me.

Veronica is kind of a bitch compared to Betty. She doesn't really treat Archie that well compared to Betty and they seem to be equal in attractiveness, so really I don't see what Archie sees in HER.

Has the latest issue of the "Betty and Veronica" comic come out? The one about Pop's store being bought out by a coffee chain owned by Veronica's dad?

>ywn have your own Betty to innocently snuggle with naked by the fire
why live

>so really I don't see what Archie sees in HER.
You've never heard of the saying that the hardest catches are the most attractive?

>so really I don't see what Archie sees in HER
Glamor and money.

>so really I don't see what Archie sees in HER.

How to write comics, the Archie way.

When does this actually happen? I always thought the opposite was generally true. Every romantic comedy or show aimed at girls has the main girl get together with the nice guy and not the bad boy. Like Bridget Jones' Diary for example.

Every taylor swift song. You belong to me Havok fucks betty. Every other swift song she sings about wanting to fuck a bad boy,

And at least TV tropes agrees with me

>In genderflipped cases, the Veronica usually has the edge, especially if the story is aimed at women, and if the (male) Betty wins, you can bet the fanfic writers will race to fix that.

>tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BettyAndVeronica

Victor Gorelick on Harry Lucey -

>Harry [Lucey] was as dedicated as they came. I remember Harry delivering a job three hours late. He came to the art department covered with blood. He had been hit by a car. Though not seriously hurt, he should have gone to a hospital. No way. He had to keep that deadline. He took some white paint, cleaned up the blood from the artwork and went home. Amazing.

Harry also drew the girls naked, leaving his inker to add the clothes. He was just that kind of dude.

Not quite my tempo.

>Harry also drew the girls naked, leaving his inker to add the clothes. He was just that kind of dude.

The hero we all deserve

>I remember Harry delivering a job three hours late.
>He came to the art department covered with blood.
>He took some white paint, cleaned up the blood from the artwork and went home. Amazing.

We've got to find out which issue this was.

Yeah, girls LOVE "bad boys" but want guys to only like good girls. It's bullshit. Look at Vampire Diaries, True Blood, Twilight, or literally every YA series written, with the exception of the Hunger Games. And in this case, the fandom seems to be largely for Peeta.

Archie sells out!