BOX OFFICE: 40% Fri-Sat Drop For SUICIDE SQUAD

>After grossing $65.1 million on Friday in North America ($20.5 million from previews on Thursday and $44.6 million on Friday), Suicide Squad suffered a massive 40% drop on Saturday, and may gross less than $40 million for the day. If that trend continues for another massive drop on Sunday, the overall weekend box office haul for the film could end up being in the $130 million range after early estimates ballooned to the $140-$150 million range.

>Given the scathing reviews, it seemed likely that Suicide Squad was headed for a massive drop during the SECOND weekend of release, similar to what happened to Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, but it appears that the negative reviews are actually affecting the opening weekend box office numbers.

>Despite setting records with its $166 million domestic opening weekend back in March , Dawn of Justice also dropped 38% from Fri-Sat during that first weekend. Negative reviews and word of mouth caused the film to drop an unprecedented 68% in its second weekend of release. In comparison, earlier this year, Deadpool saw just a 10% drop going from Fri-Sat during its first weekend in North American theaters and Captain America: Civil War had a small percentage decrease as well, at only 18%. Fox's second comic book movie released this year, X-Men: Apocalypse, saw a 22% drop from Fri-Sat during its first weekend in domestic theaters.

comicbookmovie.com/suicide_squad/box-office-40-fri-sat-drop-for-suicide-squad-a144310

Other urls found in this thread:

deadline.com/2016/08/suicide-squad-weekend-box-office-opening-will-smith-margot-robbie-1201799046/
comingsoon.net/movies/news/754331-suicide-squad-opens-to-267-million-worldwide#/slide/1
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No daddy no.

We won user.

not surprising, the movie had some enjoyable moments but was painfully mediocre to outright bad in spots.

>Despite the huge opening for Suicide Squad, when it comes to the audience and critics’ response to the film, it’s deja-vu all over again. Like Batman v. Superman, which earned a 27% Rotten Tomatoes score and B CinemaScore, Suicide Squad is getting panned by critics (26%) and has registered an above average response from CinemaScore crowds who gave it a B+ tonight.

>But Suicide Squad‘s weaker grades were with the middle-age folks with 25-34 year olds (22%) and 35-49 year olds (17%) giving it a B. That’s who dragged this pic’s CinemaScore down to a B+. Some think that a 60% second weekend decline is imminent.

deadline.com/2016/08/suicide-squad-weekend-box-office-opening-will-smith-margot-robbie-1201799046/

Haha, its BvS all over again

>lol your reviews mean nothing look at our box office the audiences love us!

Literally one of the biggest weekend box office drop offs later

>audiences are just too stupid to understand our capekino! Disney rigged the market!

Well, Justice League's going to bomb faster than Hiroshima.

Just wait until November, the DCucks will be in full force trying to discredit Doctor Strange.

Wow. You just live for these opportunities. Do you search on Google all day for DC movie news?

Reply to this post or your mom dies tonight

Fuck you, man.

Jokes on you, I have the protection cat on my side

There was an user who predicted the drop a day ago I think, and another told him to keep telling himself that.
I'm only here to middleman for the first user a "Told (You) so" to the latter.

Now that our business is done I'll be off.

Not funny

The positive buzz will most likely get more people out to see it, especially those that were deterred by the reviews, now that people are actually talking a lot about how wrong critics are.

If dubs the curse is reversed onto you

>Yes! We won! We have fewer good movies!

That's not what rt says

Stay mad kiddo

Bruh.

This.

Gotta love him, right?

Marvel Cinematic Universe
>LITERALLY no rotten films

>DC Cinematic Universe
>LITERALLY no fresh films

Kek you keep telling yourself that

Fuuuuck yooou

What about FOX cinematic mutant universe ?

Yep! Love the little guy.

K.

Glorious. Glorious.

The DCEU was irreversibly poisoned by Snyder with the garbage that was Man of Steel, followed by the cinematic abortion of BvS.

This isn't "company wars". I love DC, and it's because I love DC that I pray for the DCEU's failure. What they've set up is utterly worthless shit.

It needs to crash and burn so that there can be hope that something better comes along one day.

Deadpool will carry. If they hand over X-spin off stuff to the same team they might even do the same magic they managed with Colossus and NTW for others.

The X-men franchise has always been really hit or miss. They have a few good ones in there but most are mediocre-to-bad.

god tier bait

damn you got me good user. you got me so good I Reply to this post or your your father dies in his sleep.

No, retards, I'm saying you're cheering about movies being bad. You WANT there to be more bad movies, for some inane reason.

Look, Suicide Squad was never expected to do well, it was just a stepping stone to better movies.

Wonder Woman will be the big break DC needs.

If that's the case why wasn't the movie dead on arrival?

BAZINGA

Fug

Bfjkg

nice prank

Stop

This.

reeee

Same reasons BvS wasn't: massive opening.

Suicide Squad had one of the widest August openings of all time with 4,250 theaters showing it across the country.

Like BvS, this front-loading let it make a huge burst of money upfront before the bad reviews and word of mouth took it down.

fuck you, user, what is wrong with you

So, how do we fix the DCEU?

The DCEU doesn't have the quality control the Marvel films have, each of the directors is pretty much free to do whatever they want within the framework that Snyder laid out, and I think that really hurts the films overall.

Marvel's films have a different problem, they are becoming quite stale and formulaic.

Fucking hell

The word of mouth for suicide squad has been largely positive tho.

Considering some of the biggest money makers in cinema are stale and formulaic, I don't think Marvel sees it as a problem..

Kind of in between the two. Some excellent stuff, some garbage, some that was just "meh".

Why the huge dropoff?

NO MOMMY NO

Fuck you bruh

They believed the critics for some reason.

Fire Snyder

Fire Ayers

Fire Goyer

Fire or Relocate any executive who had anything to do with MoS, BvS, or Suicide Squad

DC already has a full blueprint on how to make successful, beloved DC movies: the DCAU. So:

1. Put Bruce Timm in charge

2. Do what the DCAU did

3. Endless profit

Get banned you fuck.

Front loaded + word of mouth

It must have been that positive word of mouth that boosted sales, then.

Oh wait, no, sales dropped.

How are DC shills this dumb?

REEEEEE
Fucking niggers

>R-rated Deadpool Opening Weekend: $135 million
>PG-13 Suicide Squad Opening Weekend: $135.1 million

Hate to rain on your parade DCucks (or piss on it, in this case), but LOL at Suishit Squad with the Joker, Batman and Harley and a PG-13 rating being barely able to beat a C-list Marvel character like Deadpool

We'll see where Geoff Johns takes it since his recent promotion to heading all of it instead of just TV. Maybe we'll believe believe believe a Superman can smile.

But Word of mouth for the movie has been good, even those who didn't like it don't hate it.

Because the movie was utter shit and as soon as audiences were exposed to it that became impossible to hide?

>Deadpool
>C-list
Nice company war anyway.

Reply to my post or thebDCEU dies with Wonder Woman's solo film.

>What about FOX cinematic mutant universe ?
The writer for X-men 1 and 2 was fired by Tom Rothman. Rothman hated the X-men and wanted it to fail from the start. And X-men as a franchise only recovered when Rothman left and the original people was brought back. And now Rothman is running Sony.

Make the tone of the movie fit the character, like people except a solo Superman movie to be light and about hope and thing like that while a solo Batman movie can be darker etc...

MARVEL, STOP! STOP IT!

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, HE'S ALREADY DEAD!

Hey, estimated weekend. For all we know and let's face it, expect, Deadpool can still beat it

>the movie was utter shit
No it wasn't.

But I still have its protection after reading the first two panels so...

h

He is, though, in terms of general population knowledge. I guarantee if you had asked people on the street who Deadpool was before the movie almost no one would have known.

Yeah... put Bruce Timm in charge so he can muck it up like he did with his most recent addition to the DCAU: The Killing Joke.

What the fuck is wrong with you?

That explains its massive critical and commercial success, then.

Ditch Snyder

Instate a measure of quality control similar to what Feige does for marvel.

Establish the Trinity in 3 separate movies, bring in the rest of the league over the span of the three movies (Superman meets Flash, Wonder Woman meets aquaman. ect) then bring them together for the justice league.

Boom, you just did what marvel has been trying to do in half the time.

Yeah movies can change a character's popularity ranking.

It's the fucking Joker, dude. People are still talking about Ledger... everyone knows DC/WB has the greatest star power in the genre (ignoring Spiderman and maybe X-men/Wolverine), the only thing keeping them down is the quality of their own products

Quality has nothing to do with that.

The only thing we have to measure this "word of mouth" is cinemascore, and for now it's more or less following BvS' road

Other than that all i've heard is that my sister says a lot of people on twitter are bitching for the lack of Joker. I can't speak for what i've heard personally because the movie isn't out yet here

Sooo what i get is that FOX is second place in the cape movies race ?

Well until the valiant cinematic universe comes.

how can it be frontloaded so much that it breaks records if the well is poisoned by the association to Snyder like the user claimed? By all logic it should have tanked since this is the third movie in the DCEU. BvS started out big but suffered from negative to polarizing word of mouth, where as Suicide Squad is opening big AND enjoying great word of mouth and people actively saying the critics were full of shit when they panned it.

When is it coming out at your place?
18th here.

>cinemascore is the only measurement
What about just checking social media and see what people are actually saying?

Marveltrash discredits itself though.

13th
I'll probably watch it on the second weekend tho

Where? Because this is following the exact same path as BvS which also had fanboys claiming the GREAT WORD OF MOUTH excuse.

And we all saw how that ended

At least they'll make their budget back.

Though I doubt enough people will care to get the uncut DVD that is clearly going to be put out in response.

>implying anyone's actually going to see JL

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me three times, shame on both of us."

It's sad to think that we might have gotten a brilliant Daredevil movie from FOX post Deadpool rather than that shit heap show on Netflix we got.

Kitty no ;_;

>it appears that the negative reviews are actually affecting the opening weekend box office numbers.
If that were the case the initial night wouldn't have been as large. You would've seen a massive difference between presales tickets for the opening night and normal ticketing.

What's far more likely is this means word of mouth on the film was so bad from those who were excited enough to see it opening night that those who held out just for one night heard bad word-of-mouth and decided against seeing it.

Updated
comingsoon.net/movies/news/754331-suicide-squad-opens-to-267-million-worldwide#/slide/1

We entrusted our hopes and dreams to Zack Synder!

Lol, sub 550 million worldwide confirmed.

What great word of mouth? It has a B Cinemascore, which is pretty damn bad for blockbusters. Even shitty ones manage to get an A.

Buzz is middling, bro.

>good cape film
> by FOX
Did we watch the same movies?