Adult Swim/Cartoon Network/Toonami Broadcasts

Google doc:

docs.google.com/document/d/1qrPjyrt9un5ZsN2hQOYz29MFgrmwO2geSdFQNKpt0Zw/edit?usp=sharing&pref=2&pli=1

"Share dem if you got dem"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/r_1G0iWgGis
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

So do the files you shared have outside commercials? That'd be pretty cool.

This
I'm not able to download right now so I'm gonna moniter this thread for later

Yep, just the straight broadcast, commercials and everything

Oh that's awesome! I wish VHS tapes of this stuff were easier to come by.
Yeah hopefully a lot happens in this thread.

Does anyone have a link to the April Fools airing of Toonami in 2012? It was on mediafire and was on the old archive before that got shut down.

Was that the one that played the Room over and over?

No it started with the room and then cut to Toonami after about 30 seconds

Pretty sure it's available on MySpleen.

oh ok thanks

Could somewhere here give me an invite?

Anyone got any CN City stuff?

I think most of the Cartoon Network stuff is like pre-2003

bump

youtu.be/r_1G0iWgGis

I don't know if this is what you're looking for but here.

>want to download adult swim tape
>no seeds

There goes my smile.

Yeah sorry, that was one that a guy uploaded to Sup Forums a year or so ago, but it never got seeded.

Shame as it's prime 2002 era AS, which barely exists at all online.

bump

What's your holy grail, Sup Forums? Is there any one broadcast you'd most love to find and relive?

Older Cartoon Network stuff. Hopefully like what OP has. It's the only thing I have nostalgia for. Any era too.

AS premiere back in 2001

toonami premiere

This

Hi, old fag here. Like, really old fag who just finished his PHD.
Last time I got to watch Adult Swim, was about 2010.

So I tuned in last night and I stayed up till about 12~1... and the channel just kept shoving Seth MacFarline cartoons. I know ATHF is gone because of the minor media broadcast about it, but from what I can tell, I just quit and went to bed during Family Guy. Did Adult swim downsize it's own cartoon division or did I just pick a shitty time to start watching again? Also was Toonami going to show last night and I just got fed up too early?

>Did Adult swim downsize it's own cartoon division or did I just pick a shitty time to start watching again?
Adult Swim didn't downsize its cartoon division, but it's essentially permanently purged most of it's classic shows (aside from Sealab and Harvey Birdman which occassionally pop up at 4 AM), as well as most other shows older than 8 years or so (aside from the really popular ones like Robot Chicken, Aqua Teen, etc.) from it's lineup and only sporadically airs any of the more successful new shows it's created in the past several years (ie. Rick and Morty and Mr. Pickles). It's essentially the all FOX and a couple really popular, newer Adult Swim originals rerun network now.

Also Toonami did air last night. It shows Dragonball Z Kai, One Punch Man, Gundam: IBO, Hunter x Hunter, Naruto, One Piece, and Parasyte

So, it seems I just wasn't patient enough. Also from what I understand, if I can get past the MacFar rush, I can start getting some classic Adult Swim.

Thanks for your help

>I can start getting some classic Adult Swim.
If by classic you mean, Robot Chicken, Aqua Teen, and Squidbillies then yes. Aside from that, the only show that ended pre-2010 that has aired at all this year in both the midnight-1:30 slots and the 4:00-4:30 slots was Tim and Eric Awesome Show Great Job! for about two weeks before it was pulled. So if you mean classic in that regard, no. If you're talking OG shows, Home Movies hasn't aired since 2010, Brak since a 4 AM run in 2013, Sealab and Harvey since their 4 AM run last year, Space Ghost since April Fools 2014, Mission Hill since 2011, The Oblongs occasionally shows up in random slots as filler programming but not aired since 2015, Baby Blues since 2011, and Toonami doesn't air any pre-2010 anime except shonen long-runners like DBZ, Naruto, etc. so most of the classic AS anime haven't really the days of Adult Swim Action.

disappointing

What the heck happened?

High ratings in 2012 and subsequent decline due to cordcutters led them to purchase more FOX shows and pander to the widest audience possible as cable viewing dropped as a whole.

Also, a shift in their brand has led them towards programming like Loiter Squad (A 'Jackass' ripoff done by an edgy group of teenage rappers loved by middle schoolers) and Mr. Pickles (essentially the worst episodes of Family Guy with unrestricted random sequences of blood and gore, crude sex jokes, and racist jokes) and calculated move to end experimentation/risks in their scheduling/programming (ie. Like airing random british shows or pee-wees playhouse) and distance themselves from the vast majority of their older productions which were at odds with the "hyperactive randomness" mantra of neo-Adult Swim.

Christ... is current Adult Swim even worth watching anymore?

Sundays can be good, though the lineup used to be A LOT more diverse just a year or so ago (ie. a mix of older and newer AS reruns as well as premieres airing both in a couple early slots and from 11 to 1:30). Right now, you at least have new Squidbillies and reruns of Rick and Morty and Mike Tyson Mysteries which are pretty good newer series. Though there are still way too many FOX shows on.

Weeknights are fucking shit since they were so lazy to just do two episodes each of several FOX show and Robot Chicken/Aqua Teen/Squidbillies reruns the entire night.

Saturdays are a wash up until Toonami, which CAN be good, but right now it's filled up with flavor of the month shows and long-running kiddie shonen like Naruto, One Piece, DBZ, etc. that is all designed to either target high schoolers or college aged nostalgia fags.
The real saving grace of Adult Swim right now is the "DVR Theater" block at 4 AM every night except Sundays. Pretty much this is where they generally run classic (ie. pre-2010) shows now since they've been all but banned from regular slots on weekends and weeknights (which they haven't even done at all this year, but I digress), as well as random specials, pilots, and Informercial parodies and their "Off the Air" series which are pretty cool. In fact, in a surprising change of schedule, DVR Theater is actually airing some old/rare pilots like "Welcome to Eltingville", "Korgoth of Barbaria", "Saddle Rash", etc. in a couple weeks.

Of course, your best bet is to check the schedule every few weeks to see if they've added anything decent/interesting onto the lineup and then just DVR it. They still surprise every now and then, but have trended towards increasingly stagnant in the past several years (particularly the last year)

Man, Adult Swim used to be a Full Blown event. I remember staying up all night in while I was in High School just to watch what Adult Swim had to present.

Part of this rant is nostalgia-bitching, but when I come back to adult swim after 6 years of getting my masters/PHD, and was expecting a comfey few hours of shit I would never think to give a chance. Now it's drowned out with safe choices optimized to maximize commercial profits.

Ah well, fuck it. Shit changes. Shit changed in 2000 when Adult Swim started, shit changed when Adult Swim started it's shift away from the experimental to the mundane.

I'll be sure to email them my condolences.

Yeah it's pretty disappointing. Things were definitely starting to change in the middle to latter portion of the last decade as Adult Swim kept getting bigger and bigger (and then famously lost it's most reliable and popular leadin, Futurama, to Comedy Central). And even so, the downward spiral from post-2010 onward has been incredibly dramatic. They still churn out some quality originals, but the network is wholly unwatchable nowadays as cable ratings are falling universally and traditional television is being phasing out by the masses, so they struggle to pull even 75% of the ratings they had a few years ago by making the schedule as safe and appealing to (whats left of the) lowest common denominator cable audience.

They also stopped the viewer interaction in the bumps they used to have, like responding to emails, posts on the adult swim message board (which is gone now), or letters from fans, or doing the "numbers game" ratings bump and schedule change bumps, etc. Now you'd be lucky if they do a response to tweet bumps with about 3 tweets every month or so.

This is the absolute worst strategy I've ever heard. Their fan interaction was essential to building the brand.

Dose Lazzo just not give a shit anymore, or was what influence he had stripped away?

Lazzo has started to go senile I think as he has disowned his time doing Space Ghost (according to Eric Andre), got into an internet fight with Jon Benjamin and David Cross about stuff, had a kerfuffle with Brendon Small over Metalocalypse' royalty rights and refused to renew it, other questionable programming decisions or series greenlighting/cancelation (not renewing Metalocalypse and cancelling Superjail and then picking up that godawful Mr. Pickles show for 2 seasons), etc.

Essentially, they don't care about their fans so much as they do keeping ratings high, advertisers happy, and Turner execs satisfied. It's sad.

>Disowning the space ghost era.
>stealing from david cross.
>greenlighting shit shows and cancel good show.

Some one please put this fucker down!

Yeah, he's like 60 now. Someone else needs to head AS.

Sadly, I feel like whoever steps up from CN or Turner to take his place will be even worse and will view AS as a cash cow, not the creative entity it should be. 15 years and this is what we end up with...

My first question is, is Eric Andre a credible source? I've yet to watch his show, but the media vibe I've gotten was a negative one.

I thought that Metalocalypse was canceled because they were always on tour. Made no sense at the time and your explanation makes much more sense.

Also he fucking canceled Superjail? Fucking hell...

Yet to see Mr.Pickles, but from what I've seen, it's grotesque violence for the sake of grotesque violence.

>My first question is, is Eric Andre a credible source?
It was in an interview from the early days of his show where he talks about creating it and how he was influenced by Space Ghost and tried to talk to Lazzo about his days doing the show and Lazzo said something to the effect of "I don't give a shit about Space Ghost".

And yeah, Mr. Pickles is what you've described.

>Flooding Adult Swim's inbox with "we want more Mr.Pickle" emails
>Slowly, they expand Mr.Pickles time slot
>Eventually replaces Toonami with Mr.Pickles
>Either Edgy Teens will flood the Timeslot, euthanizing the spirit of Adult Swim, or enough of the audience will leave to the point where Adult Swim just shuts down
If only we could just Euthanize it...

I just want to experience the glory days again :(

This may sound stupid to you guys but I actually wanted to work for Adult Swim at some point. I think now more than ever because of the huge nosedive it's taken. Man I miss the old days of Adult Swim. I wish I could help it change back to what it was before.

that doesn't sound stupid. [as] is a rather comfy half-channel when it can be.

Even though he doesn't actually work there, Flying Lotus, a musician, gave tons of music he made to adult swim which is the majority of the music they air during bumps i think

They also still do animated bumpers as well

[as] isn't what it used to be and does pander to a broader audience that probably doesn't even care for actual [as] shows but that pandering helps keep them afloat so they can keep doing experimental stuff every now and then or at least it'd feel that way if Lazzo didn't fuck up so much

i remember that they aired a anime movie a couple months back

Lazzo needs to start the wheels turning for his retirement. We don't need someone who plays it safe. [as] was never about playing it safe. It knew that if it was going to keep your attention for more than 2 minutes, it needed to be something you never quite seen before, and you can't do that and be safe.

Same. I always wanted to do an AS show too, but nowadays it seems like you have to be super edgy and lowbrow to get greenlighted

I wanted to do the same thing and try to get a show running on there. Just working there would be enough for me though. It's too bad that the stuff they put on there is so bad nowadays. I tried to get into Mr. Pickles but not only was it edgy for the sake of it, it has the additional sin of being ugly to look at too.