YFW 267 millions worldwide in 3 days

>YFW 267 millions worldwide in 3 days.

So at this point a sequel is a given, what are your hopes and dreams about it?

Who should join the cast?

Any love for Ambush Bug somehow?

Other urls found in this thread:

boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=dc2016.htm
telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07/29/uk-ticketholder-wins-611-million-jackpot---and-what-are-the-euro/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm not watching anything until they put Bronze Tiger in

and he'd better be 10/10 husbando tier

The movie also only opened in 17 regions, meaning that there is a lot more money to be made!

>Bronze Tiger
wut

Never read the Ostrander run? He's one of the main SS characters.

There will be a HUGE drop in box office next week, but they are still to open in a few more territories so who knows how big that drop (internationally speaking) will actually be. But you're right, a sequel is happening, or at least something with these characters anyway

Never underestimate the power of the Hot Topic audience.

Don't be silly user, nobody on Sup Forums reads comics

Count Vertigo
Bronze Tiger
Vixen

Meme answer is King Shark

:(

>267 millions worldwide

Worldwide doesnt count for much. What matters most is domestic and in that the opening weekend. The movie has to earn back its budget in the opening weekend box office to actually have a decent chance at profits

I just want more Katanaifu

>Boomerang in superlockup mean no Boomerang in the Flash movie
imma sad user

>The movie has to earn back its budget in the opening weekend box office to actually have a decent chance at profits

Bullshit.

The movie opening at 135 millions is great and earning more than your budget in 3 days means that the movie is doing better than expected

Please, we started reading superior Suicide Squad.
One with Harley.

The movie will not top 550 million at the end of it's run.

It needs at least 600 million to break even.

It's doomed.

I like Ambush Bug but doubt DC would use him since Harley Quinn's being forced by them right now.

I want a movie that feels like the Ostrander run.

A big Hollywood movie only starts prfiting after making twice it's production budget back. The production budget estimative you see in sites like Boxofficemojo doesn't account for the marketing budget, which a lot of times is almost the same as the production budget.

If the movie has earned its budget in the opening weekend then yes its doing good commercially

Give the joker his fucking screentime

They definitely need to start out making the kind of movie they marketed this one as, and tried to re-edit it into at the eleventh hour.

>It needs at least 600 million to break even.

No it needs to earn back its budget in the opening weekend domestically to break even at that moment. Anything it earns after that is profitable

Why Katana was there was never explained. If they aren't doing a Batman origin movie, she might show up in it and have an Outsiders team. Who knows?

>Any love for Ambush Bug somehow?

I'd like it if he just teleported out mid-movie after figuring out he was the most likely to be killed off next

I recall Rick Flag saying she was his bodyguard, but I'd agree that doesn't explain much.
Wasn't she was on the US government's Justice League in the New 52, could that have something to do with this?

180 budged with probably a 100 or less in advertisement ( I have a degree on advertisement and I know that with the use of social media advertisement costs are not as big as they use to. So people bringing some huge number like 200milions in ads is bullshit.)

So its total budget is about 280 millions and it made 267 in 3 days.

So yeah is doing pretty well

Sorry I haven't read much New 52 so I wouldn't know. I was just hoping that the other guy's theory that Katana worked for Flagg to get information for Batman was true. What is her ultimate goal? Will she try to get her husband's soul out of the sword somehow? They cut out Enchantress mentioning Dr. Fate, maybe he has the ability to do that. That would be so awesome.

Suicide Squad trilogy
This time more Joker and Harley

>The movie also only opened in 17 regions
57 countries. Five. Seven.

Yeah you are right this is good and not a bomb
Its making a lot of money domestically
I mean in 3 days it almost has all of X-men apocalypse's domestic take home

>It needs at least 600 million to break even.
$750 to $800 million via The Hollywood Reporter.

Foreign box offiice actually brings in very little money and is mostly good just to make the figures look good

That would mean suicide squad had the same budget as BvS which seems ridiculous
Even with reshoots the movies budget was 175

account for the marketing and you have 275

Where is this extra 125m coming from?

Thats bullshit unless the cost of marketing was $400 million which would make it the most mark ever

Idc as long as they don't go up against another justice league-level CGI fest threat. Put them up against terrorists or something. Like bane and his militia or maybe the joker

>The Hollywood Reporter.

How about sources that are not shit?

Bring me a Box Office Mojo report or is not real.

>what are your hopes and dreams about it?
Ok so firstly no Harley due to her escape, but have Flagg, Lawton, Boomer and Croc return, maybe Katana to link to batman to link to a possible outsiders.

than as far as new members go, KGBeast is a must, have him horribly burnt with the leather suit and chain gun arm.

Then maybe Count Vertigo (the truest nigga) or Mindboggler if they wanted another chick on the team, Black Spider and maybe Blockbuster to be the films Slipknot.

As villains use the Onslaught and by the end have Ravan captured and Rustam live for another instalment.

Oh and if the furies get utilised throw in Lashina as duchess.

ITT: Fagets who cant into Box Office

The only thing guaranteed to be right in studios pocket is the 95% of DOMESTIC Opening Weekend. Everything else is just bullshit guesswork

>SS Budget: $175 million

>Domestic Opening Weekend: $135,105,000

Right now that isnt a disaster but its better to wait till Monday till proper figures for Sundays Domestic Box Office gets reflected

Rick Flagg knew her and wanted somebody he could trust on his team.

Wrong. I'm a professional Meme Accountant and it has to make 3.6 quadrillion dollars domestic to even break even.

Where are you getting these numbers?

KING SHAAAAAAAAAARK

They should have Count Vertigo

boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=dc2016.htm

Maybe this time the Joker can actually be in the movie...

wat? No big budget summer flick ever makes its entire budget back in it's domestic opening weekend.

A movie has to make 3 times what it costs to be profitable

If anything Harley and Joker shouldn't be in the sequel at all

>Deadshot
>Boomer
>Katana
>King Shark
>Killer Frost (replaces Harley as the insane woman since she'll have a solo; I'd love to see Ayer's take on her.)
>Mindboggler (Boomer kills her)
>Thinker (dies like in the comics)

>only 3

Try 17, kiddo.

This, this movie wasn't about giving you a full on joker, they just gave you the tip.

Vandal Savage should be on the sequel, or maybe the squad vs a super heroe team.

Why put out all those trailers, posters and music videos with the Joker then?

>VANDAL SAVAGE ON THE SUICIDE SQUAD

There are about 15 ways that that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard, but let's start with

>Man who cannot die
>on Suicide Squad

Wild Dog will be in the next suicide squad he'll be the first to die

Could be the target though.

>Implying that the suicide squad with its current lineup works nowadays

Squad only worked in 87 because most of the characters on it were literally "who?" and it seemed like they could actually die without being resurrected. Deadshot, boomer and others have become so much of a staple of the squad that they wouldn't dare killing them off now, it'd be like a Justice League without flash, maybe he's not the most Iconic member, but you're so damn used to seeing him there it'd be weird if he wasn't

It made more than TriggeredBusters so that's enough in my book.

What the advertisers do has nothing to do with what the people making the movie do.

You should by now know that what you see in the trailer is not what you are going to get in the movie.

Can you stop saying "millions"? It's just "million". If million is attached to a number it is always just million.

No need to explain it to me, senpai. I know what was Squad back in the day and what it is now. I honestly don't remember anyone dying in Squad since New 52 started. Maybe Black Spider?

Then explain why movies are being pandered to the chineese market.

It has been reported to have gone a fair amount over budget but we don't know how much. Overbudget can mean as low as 10%,which is a drop in the bucket but can be inflated pretty high.

Only in retarded United States, the rest of the world goes: more than one million= millions.

>It has been reported

By NOBODY, there are literally no sources, they always say '' A super secret source said...''

Maybe of you're non-native. I googled "UK million millions" and got this. telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07/29/uk-ticketholder-wins-611-million-jackpot---and-what-are-the-euro/ UK, US and, Canada are the English speaking countries that matter. If you're Indian speaking English, which I think you are, go use lakh and crore or whatever.

They need to hire Married Crump for the role if they have that character. No disrespect to Michael Jai White, but Crump is young and talented martial artist who I'd love to see get more work.

Gina Carano as Duchess
Killer Frost in an Assault on Arkham inspired costume
King Fucking Shark and KGBeast

what the fuck is it with you guys shouting "MUH HOT TOPIC!!!" all the time?

what does that even mean? isn't that some clothing retailer? are you unable to communicate like a normal human being instead of spouting the same old shit that you saw others write?

Fucking spellcheck I meant "Marrice" Crump

If you're too fucking stupid to get a bit, then just off yourself.

>I don't understand a reference so I'm gonna get mad instead

Welcome to the internet enjoy your stay!

Shame I'd Sup Forums was once one of the better boards where it was actually possible to talk about shit without every other post being le memes!

Now Sup Forums Is basically Reddit Jr , with added console wars, Sup Forums and Tumblr and Sup Forums for good measure

I demand Nightshade.

> it'd be like a Justice League without flash
that's why i like Zack 'Attack' Snyder, it could happen in his movies.

I'm so sick of seeing pictures of him making that stupid :DDDDDDDDDDDD face.

go suck a dick. I'm not complaining that I don't understand the meme, I'm complaining that motherfuckers repeat the same shit a thousand times to the point where it's pathetic

this makes me mad because I joined way too late. I think I started frequently visiting this board like three or four years ago after being on Sup Forums since 2008 or so.

I just want an Arkham Asylum sequel to it that's basically a Batman movie starring the villains.

>UK, US and, Canada are the English speaking countries that matter.

top kek

>gangster movie with Penguin, Two-Face, Black Mask, etc all fighting for turf
>Secret Six movie
>Secret Six sequel about villains living together trying to make ends meet

You could make an entire DC villain expanded universe. They should scrap Snyder's shit and just do that.

According to rumors that's exactly what it may end up being.

Are you underage?

It's a valid point though. The "hot topic" meme refers to the fact that the stores pander to the "normie nerds" who are still into that lolxD random phase with bright neon graphic tees and stuff, the ones who liked waypool and stuff like that

Literally kill yourself

Only Transformers and the Ice Age movies can really claim to be sold almost solely on the Chinese market. With everything else its basically extra.

>avengers
>bourne
>Warcraft

>go into thread about speculation on what characters could be in an SS sequel

> get about ten posts on subject then le meme accountants enter the thread to shit post.

Sup Forums really is shit now.

so what? capeshit movies are made for mainstream audiences, we all know that. we all go to the theater or download the movies to see them. how are we any better than the masses except for the fact that they appreciate the movies more than we do?

it's retarded to laugh about people eating shit when you're eating shit too, you know

>40% drop after opening day
>Movie needs to make 800 million in order for Warner Bros to consider it a success
I don't see why you people are celebrating

I just want Joker to show up again in the cinematic universe, just so he can actually do something.

As for Suicide Squad specifically, I want Boomerang to have a bigger role, he was fun in this one, but not around enough.

>I can't count and it triggers me when people show off their numeracy

let's give baby what he wants

Reported budgets don't always match. It depends who you're talking to.

No, it needs to pay distribution too. 50% of the gross. Yes, it really costs that much to hire all those bored teens to spit in the popcorn.

True but the closer you get to matching budget the better off you are, since that weekend is a huge chunk of your final gross.

No, it only has to make more than about twice what it cost to make and market, because of the distribution costs. When you hit double you're even; above that, you're in profit, but to be considered worthwhile as an investment vehicle - which is the critical problem for all movies - you'd need to show that over the lifetime of that investment (about three years script to screen, once money starts being waved around and counting up until the end of the home video run), you made money over and above the arbitrary comparators of the day. So if the stock markets all fell and even the best funds were struggling to average 5% over 3 years, you'd need to beat that. If they're making a killing, you need to go a lot higher.

Welcome to finance.

i want more boomerang
more katana
King Shark!!!!
Killer Frost

and if Ambush Bug showed up in the sequel I'd literally jazz in my pants

If it makes over 600mil there will be a sequel. When we look at Box office numbers we usually just look at production, add 100mil for advertising and then do that math and decide if something was a failure or not but we forget about other forms of revenue like the product placement and the merchandise.

>movie cost 250 million
>reshoots at least 100 million
>ad campaign around 100 million
>movie theater takes half
>60% drop off next week at the very least
>terrible word of mouth

Good luck getting a sequel DCkeks. This film needs to make at LEAST 900 Million in the first 2 weeks TO BREAK EVEN

>I mean in 3 days it almost has all of X-men apocalypse's domestic take home
>AoA only made $534,619,896 worldwide

Ouch. Sow what does this mean. DC just has more validity in the minds of normal people or what? Since SS was trashed harder by critics and on the tail of two other commercial flops.

Ouch

>Who should join the cast?
Johnny Knoxville as Plastic Man.

Actually it needs to make 15 quadrillion dollars domestic

>Hopes
They hire a better editor and let the next director do his thing. The pacing, shit editing and studio meddling killed SS.

>Dreams
A better villain.
Let the cast shine more, more interactions that aren't just Deadshot and Harley.
Boomerang gets a lot more screen time.
Katana gets a lot more screen time.
Fuck it, scrap everything and just make a Boomer and Katana buddy cop movie.
For real, maybe go a bit more in depth into Joker and Harley's relationship, that was an interesting take, with the romantic Joker and everything. More suffering Floyd is always good aswell.

>Movie needs to make 800 million in order for Warner Bros to consider it a success

Why set the bar so high? A Suicide Sqaud movie doesn't need to cost more than 100mil to make.

Also Pacific Rim.

They need a stand alone film of jared leto's joker

Pacific Rim only made 400mil with a production budget of 190mil. It was a failure