How is this going to work?

I was talking about the Justice League movie with a friend when I realized that the movie has a lot of shit it needs to cover in at most a three hour running time.

1. Establish Apokolips, the New Gods, Steppenwolf, and through Steppenwolf, Darkseid.

2. Show how humans, Amazons, and Atlanteans defeated Darkseid.

3. Explain the motherboxes.

4. The resurrection of Superman, and how it's affected him.

5. Gathering Cyborg, Aquaman, and the Flash into a team, showcasing their personalities and abilities, and making the audience care enough about them to make them want to see their solo movies.

6. Somehow include Lex Luthor and Jim Gordon into all of this.

7. And the final battle with Steppenwolf as well as his evil plan.

How can it all work? What will be the most likely outcome?

>How can it all work?

It won't. How stupid are you to think this has even a chance of working after Zack Snyder made Sucker Punch?

That should have been the end of his career, but somehow people keep throwing money at this hack.

>What will be the most likely outcome?

It will be shit like everything else in the DCEU.

Im nervous
I think if Snyder fucks this up we'll never see Afflecks Batman movie, or probobaly not even get another DCEU reboot. This is the final straw

People were concerned by how the Russo Bros were gonna handle all the players, plot points and introductions in Civil War. It ran pretty damn smoothly so it can happen. However, Snyder is running the show, they have more characters to introduce, and the DCEU brand keep taking giantic knocks. Signs point to dumpster fire, so hope out for a miracle.

OP here, this is my concern as well. Zack Snyder's movies tend to be reviewed very poorly and BvS burned through a lot of goodwill for the DCEU. This movie needs to make at least $1 billion dollars given its sure to be massive budget and the marketing that will be going on. If it doesn't, the future of the DCEU may be in serious jeopardy. Keep in mind that Sony canceled the Spiderverse after it made $709 million with a budget of $200 - $300 million.

I think its gonna end up like Captain America: Civil War with an open ended outcome. But most of your concerns arent too hard to overcome

>1. Establish Apokolips, the New Gods, Steppenwolf, and through Steppenwolf, Darkseid.

Steppenwolf is probably going to be like Loki in Avengers 1 where details will of Apokalips and such will be given in his dialogues

>2. Show how humans, Amazons, and Atlanteans defeated Darkseid.

Opening scene + narration

>3. Explain the motherboxes.

Steppenwolf dialogue and visuals

>4. The resurrection of Superman, and how it's affected him.

I am guessing he will get ressurrected in the climax of Part one and save the day

>5. Gathering Cyborg, Aquaman, and the Flash into a team, showcasing their personalities and abilities, and making the audience care enough about them to make them want to see their solo movies.

Pretty sure its gonna be the first half of the movie in the same way how SS movie showed it

>6. Somehow include Lex Luthor and Jim Gordon into all of this.

Yeah their scenes are gonna get cut

>7. And the final battle with Steppenwolf as well as his evil plan.

Second half?

1: 20-30 minutes with New Gods. Maybe a narration. 2: 10 minutes of pure action showing the battle between earth and Darkseid. There's no exposition; that comes later.

Here is where it goes out of order from your post to make it work.

Lex Luthor makes a cameo, not too big of a deal. Just a minute or two at most. Unless they're using him as an important character. Cyborg, Aquaman, and Flash each get 15 minutes. Cyborg and Aquaman say no, Flash says yes. They meet Jim Gordon and talk about what they need to do for 5 minutes. Cyborg shows up, Diana smiles. They go on their adventure for 10 minutes, fighting parademons and finding the first motherbox. The person who holds this then explains what happened in the fight with Darkseid and what caused earth to split into three factions. This takes 10-20 minutes.

Since I don't know the rest of the plot, it's difficult to say how I would do it. Steppenwolf shows up, they have the battle, Superman comes back. If I were to do this, I would have Batman be incredibly excited and happy to see Superman back. Batman asks Superman how he came back, Superman winks at the camera and says "I'll tell you later." Man of Steel 2 would deal with his revival and subsequent adventure.

It won't work.

>Snyder
>WB being 0/3
>WB will mess with WW too and make their record 0/4

WB is going to be on suicide watch before JL and they're going to fucking mangle the hell out of it as a result.

This universe is a shit show. My God.

It'll be rushed as fuck. Evan the spoilers sounded crowded.

Most of that is gonna get cut anyway

>How is this going to work
>Snyder
>DC
It's not, OP.

Dc doesnt face the same problem as sony. Sony most likely would have kept going with the spiderverse but they got a substantial offer from disney to get spiderman.

Another thing to note is that, unless WB plans on delaying the movie to early 2018, Justice League will have extremely stiff competition in its November 17, 2017 slot.

Pixar's Coco comes out the very next week, and Star Wars 8 comes out a month later, on December 15. Not to mention the numerous Oscar-seeking movies that will pop up during October-December, too. By comparison, the two major attention-stealers for BvS were The Jungle Book (released April 15, 3 weeks after BvS's initial March 25 release) and Civil War (released May 6). The rest of the late March to mid May schedule was exceedingly weak, yet BvS still failed to clear even 900mil.

With stiffer competition, Justice League might gross just the same amount as BvS's 872mil --- or less, which certainly won't be ideal. The only thing it has going for it right now is that it's "DC's answer to Avengers". On the other hand, everyone knows that Snyder is still the director and that it'll probably be shit. Unless DC can perform some kind of miracle voodoo magic to change the public perception of their films, I think the DCEU will be officially over with Justice League.

There is not much going for it, I'm not very hopeful

pls save us Aquaman

You are our only hope! To make big bucks, that is. I enjoy the DCEU.

SPOILER ALERT
It wont
Its dead on arrival user

It happened because of the email hack.

Sony was disappointed with ASM 2 box office because it expected a billion dollars but it turned out to be the least grossing Spidey movie by Sony. They netted little to no money because it spent a whole lot in marketing

When the leak happened Sony Japan realized how chaotic the whole Spidey movie process was with the american executives. When it realized Marvel was offering a damn good deal it forced Sony America to take that deal when Sony America was still reluctant to do so because they are dumb as a rock

Who said it's going to work?

>That should have been the end of his career, but somehow people keep throwing money at this hack.
It's very simple. When he started his career he was hired by his future wife to do car and sneaker commercials. She wound up becoming an executive at WB and has produced every film he's ever made.

>How is this going to work?
It's not.

Making Apokolypse the first big threat was a fucking terrible idea. They should have went with Brainiac or White Martians.

Brainiac is perfect for setting up the League.
And then have Mongul too before Darkseid gets introduced.

Or Starro, but thats beside the point. Theyre basically blowing their load on the Parademon invasion, and yet Darkseid isnt going to be in it. Where the fuck are you going from there?

This

You have to wonder if she really loves him. Because if she did, she would have told him the truth by now that he's awful.

Oh I'm sure she's tried, but Zack just tells her it's okay, as a woman her brain is simply incapable of comprehending the true greatness of his work.

Probably the same thing as Marvel, seeing as they've been teasing Thanos for fucking years.

I wonder who they'll get for Darskeid.

Love makes people blind. I wouldnkt know, just heard it ;_;

I agree with your assessment, but will WB stop the universe if JL fails to meet expectations? They've pretty much bet all their chips on this universe and I don't think they can just go straight up reboot at this point. They're in too deep

theyll get Ezra Miller's cousin george miller
hopefully

no relation to the director of the same name, who they also should get

It'll be good, like MoS, BvS and SS.

Is no one ok with them doing what ever they want with this universe? At any point they want, they can introduce a Crisis event and claim it "x" world and try again.

They'll just stop making movies based on DC heroes for a while, then reboot, like how there was an 8 year gap between Batman and Robin and Batman Begins.

Director George Miller was actually working on a Justice League movie that got cancelled. He'll probably never work on the DCEU.

They are related
They are both jewish

Why cyborg? why not j'onn

pandering.

Cyborg was forced into the league in N52 because WB wanted a nig. That's the only reason.

Black Lightning needs to come back.

sounds like a really poor interpretation of new gods/darkseid, which is par for the course with DC at this stage desu

What if Cyborg is just J'onn in his shapeshifting form?

Calling it, they cancel the DCEU after JL tanks.

. The resurrection of Superman, and how it's affected him.
>I am guessing he will get ressurrected in the climax of Part one and save the day

But will that have impact? They have made superman such a wet blanket in the DCEU, will anyone get excited when he comes on screen?

Frankly Id be insulted if Supes was just thrown in randomly in the final act just to be the plot device that saves the day. Id rather have Clark really weak, wandering the streets trying to remember who he is for the first act or something

>muh over dozen movies of buildup
can't wait for Thanos to get distracted by a huge musical dance number as the big payoff

Stay mad faggot

>Where the fuck are you going from there?

Eventually "Kingdom Come"?

Idk, I liked Cyborg in the original animated Teen Titans series, but for me, the perfect Justice League is as follows: Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, the Flash, Green Lantern (Jon Stewart), Martian Manhunter, and Hawkgirl. My perception of DC comics has been heavily influenced by the JLU.

If they wanted a black guy, Static's a much more interesting black hero with a cooler powerset. I loved his TV show back in the day.

I thought that J'onn was supposed to be General Swanwick.

Dont expect J'onn anytime soon in the DCEU. Its like theyre actively trying to phase him out

If they have Superman return and solo Steppenwolf fans will rejoice.

this

The problems OP listed are precisely the reasons why almost none of the innumerable cape flicks from the last 5 years have been compelling or gripping in their plot and character development, and it's why most mature people consider the genre to be garbage.

These movies are NOT being made because some passionate comic book fan got the resources to make AAA Hollywood movies out of the stories he likes while also doing justice to the original material. They are being made to cash in on the success of the MCU.

Cookie cutter comes to mind. Just throw some characters in there, their names will draw people in, fucking ship it

He's black and also makes for a fish out of water for easy info dumping on the audience.

Save it for a possible prequel movie or a rebooted series. It would be better to not show Darkseid much now because he's such a significant character in the comics that could be better saved to be a draw for a movie without a bunch of well known characters, the current director of Justice League doesn't have a great track record, and many people will find him to be similar to Thanos which might be detrimental.

But this is apparently the opening scene of the Justice League. Showing how the three races banded together to drive back Apokolips' forces.

First act: Building the team/flashbacks on the first Apokolips war

Second Act: Team comes together

Third Act: Battle Stephenwolf; Supes is resurrected; "We're the Justice Leauge!"

Epilogue: Stephenwolf pleads for mercy, bt Darksied obliterates him

---

Its not that hard OP

>at most three hour

oh sweet child

>thinking anything will be explained

>thinking Superman's inner thoughts will suddenly become important enough that they're used on screen

>thinking anybody is going to try and make audiences care through writing or direction when that's clearly marketing's job

>cameos

>steppenwolf is a great name for a band and a shitty name for a character

>I think if Snyder fucks this up we'll never see Afflecks Batman movie, or probobaly not even get another DCEU reboot. This is the final straw
The thing that is keeping DCEU alive is the fact that the current Warner CEO Kevin was the one who wanted to make it. This means if DCEU failed for real, it would likely be the end of the CEO as well. This means Kevin would likely pull every single favour he has to keep the DCEU going, and that if it was truly cancelled it means there really was no other way.

>People were concerned by how the Russo Bros were gonna handle all the players, plot points and introductions in Civil War. It ran pretty damn smoothly so it can happen
There was only two heroes who needed introduction; Black Panther and Spiderman. And Spiderman basically don't need one. That's the advantage you get for doing the solo films first. Advantage DCEU doesn't have with JL with them having THREE heroes who haven't got any films yet.

>Flashbacks
You're fired

But that's confirmed to happen

Doesnt make it any less dumb. Its practically a drinking game at this point

>the movie has a lot of shit it needs to cover
Most of this is not gonna be covered.

Nobody can be THAT good at eating pussy. There's gotta some other reason.

It wasn't cancelled because of WB though. It was being done in the middle of the writers' strike and Australia wouldn't grant a massive tax cut for filming there so they didn't go ahead with it, and as all the preproduction stuff was set up in Australia they couldn't move it in time for filming.

I'm fairly confident there isn't any ill will between George Miller and WB.

I'm sorry user, but it's been five years since Martian Manhunter was on the Justice League. You need to realise that he isn't coming back. Much like Pre Crisis anti-industrialist Lex fags need to realise that he isn't coming back either.

>Id rather have Clark really weak, wandering the streets trying to remember who he is for the first act or something

I'm not opposed to this.

I actually think the resurrection of Superman will be part of the badguys plan, leading into the Batman dream sequence, but the Justice League will save Lois Lane and Superman will choose good over evil.

If you think about what Barry says to Bruce in Batman v Superman and what Clark says to Lois at the end of Batman v Superman this makes a level of sense.

Personally I would have used Kalibak instead of Steppenwolf. But they might actually be planning on going full Forth World epic later down the line which they might want to use Kalibak in to contrast him against Orion.

...I watched this film,

how do I not remember anything about points 1-4?

and a few others!

>MFW Solo Batfleck movie might be cancelled because of Warner Brother's fuck ups.
>MFW we'll never see a Zatana movie. No fishnet leggings ever!
>MFW this was the only chance we'll ever get for a DC connected superhero movie series and Zack Snyder poisoned the well from the start.

Why is everything so unfair bros?

Doesn't seem like it would be too hard to do in a film if they knew what they were doing,

>1. Establish Apokolips, the New Gods, Steppenwolf, and through Steppenwolf, Darkseid

You don't "Have" to establish the New Gods, in a similar way that you don't "Have" to establish atlantis to enjoy an Aquaman story. You could have it set in the past with a vague elder type character explaining that there was a war, a war with a far away army led by steppenwolf, General to the army of Darkseid, showing Darkseid in the shadows, no need to fully reveal him right now, maybe standing on a cliff on apokalypse with red smoke coming from his eyes highlighting him. Or you could have something similar to the story of Krypton's past from MoS, quick bit of exposition giving you everything you need to be in the know.

Mother boxes or some shit, maybe they got a weapon from New Genesis? But that would open up a whole new can of worms

>3. Explain the motherboxes.
Sentient computers that can do loads of super cool shit, not that difficult to explain, maybe have someone from star labs or cadmus explain it or some shit

>4. The resurrection of Superman, and how it's affected him.

No clue how they will do this one, i could imagine any character development they give him will be done after the final battle with steppenwolf, when he has a conversation with batman saying something like "Facing my own mortality has shown me how much more the world needs me, It's time to embrace who I really am and become the man my father (Jor-El) wanted me to be" Or some shit, sounds bad, but i'm not a writer

(1/?)

>You'll never be this good at eating pussy
Why are we alive? Just to suffer?

>5. Gathering Cyborg, Aquaman, and the Flash into a team, showcasing their personalities and abilities, and making the audience care enough about them to make them want to see their solo movies.

Gathering them won't be the problem, making the audiences care will be. I can imagine it won't be too hard for the flash, but Cyborg and Aquaman will be a challenge.

>6. Somehow include Lex Luthor and Jim Gordon into all of this.

Lex will probably be contained within an interrogation scene with Batman or Wonder Woman getting as much information about the incoming threat as possible, could be a cool place to show off the Lasso of Truths ability.

I think Jim will just be a cameo to set up the solo batman movie and will just be for giving batman intelligence that the GCPD has picked up on, iirc there is a scene where a nest of parademons in a tunnel and Jim tells them about it

>7. And the final battle with Steppenwolf as well as his evil plan.

Final battle will be a fight with a load of parademons with the League using their individual abilities to help defeat him, like most team up movies. Evil plan wise I could imagine him coming to earth to retrieve mother boxes left when they last tried to conquer the earth, maybe theyre special mother boxes, but I feel that it could be a case of Darkseid wanting revenge on the earth for making a fool of him last time, and maybe he needs the boxes to get to the earth himself.

In all I feel that this will be an average summer blockbuster where Snyder has been under heavy watch to make sure he doesn't "Snyder" this film. Will it be great? Not by a long shot, but I don't think it will be awful

4th time's the charm right guys?

S-s-sure user. Neither WB or Snyder could possibly fuck it up THIS time.

What is this?! An image for ants?!

Welp third strike for me, I'm done. I'll stream them, if that.

I LOVED Batman v Superman.

At this point I honestly believe it's group think and stupidity which makes people dislike Batman v Superman.

And considering America is about to elect Trump or a Liar as their President this doesn't surprise me.

Y'all are a bunch of sheep.

*cough* Liar *cough*

Me too. I had my highest hopes on Suicide Squad. After all, they had free range to make a good movie without being tied to comic continuity, and they somehow still botched it up. At this point I'm fed up with DC movies. The trailers for Justice League and Wonder Woman look like shit, and I won't even waste the money to go see them. My well of faith has been depleted.

It's disliked because it is a very poor movie. If you understood anything about the language of cinema you'd realize Snyder is just the dumb kid who takes an art class to get out of doing real work, and is so dumb he sincerely adopts an affectation of artistic intent. But that's all it is, an affectation. Snyder directs puppet shows. He builds dioramas. He does not make good movies.

>If you understood anything about the language of cinema

Explain to me why it doesn't work on an "artistic or cinematic" level then?

Because it looks beautiful; it has an amazing score; none of the performances are phoned in; and it's sincere in its theme as opposed to the overuse of irony to show cowardice.

But I'm sure your answer will be either:

>Martha

Or

>Tell that to Zod's snapped neck

Showing that you don't have an argument and are instead lost in groupthink or stupidity. Or give me an actual argument. Also, I'm not saying everyone should like it because I like it; I just have yet to hear any ACTUAL argument for why it's bad other than the aforementioned meme responses.

>and it's sincere in its theme as opposed to the overuse of irony to show cowardice.
Different user her. You lost me at this sentence.

How is the film not sincere in its theme?

I'll give an example of a movie not being sincere in its theme and using irony to show cowardice.

In Captain America The First Avenger the US military literally creates a Super soldier. Once they have a Super soldier they decide not to use him in their military arsenal for... reasons?

Now I liked Captain America The First Avenger, but that part of it is just plain fucking retarded and throws irony at the audience because they don't want to be honest and sincere about Steve Rogers.

Because J'onn is a fucking Martian and they would need a whole movie to explain that and it would probably suck and no one would see it because it would be called Martian Manhunter and no one knows who that is.

>fighting through alien stronghold
>come across cells
>A martian is in one
>He explains how he's the last of the Martians after Darkseid's armor wasted them
>They let him out to fight by their side
Wasn't that difficult at all.

>Once they have a Super soldier they decide not to use him in their military arsenal for... reasons?
They intended to have entire squads of them. Steve Rogers isn't bullet proof and having him killed out there is a waste. Instead he was kept around and Stark Senior took blood samples to recreate the formula, which lead to what you saw at the Civil War flashback. It is stupid to send Steve into battle when he would not be able to be more effective than a normal battalion, which was more expendable. If you think it makes sense to get the only Super Soldier killed, you are not thinking like the army.

A single soldier at Cap's level is pretty useless at the scale of industrial warfare. Special forces as we know it were developed during WW2 and weren't really codified until after Korea. Not immediately putting him combat also allows you to observe and test him for long-term side effects and allows you to continue to take bio samples from him for testing.

>It is stupid to send Steve into battle when he would not be able to be more effective than a normal battalion

But he is more effective than an entire battalion. That's the fucking point of making super soldier: they're super! He breaks into an enemy camp single handedly and saves a fuck ton of people while also securing important military intelligence.

I understand that the military's plan was to create more than one guy, but they didn't keep Steve under lock and key; they had him off performing in bond selling shows and USO shows a few miles from the front line.

It isn't sincere in its use of Captain America until the third act of the movie.

>also allows you to observe and test him for long-term side effects

They don't do this. They use him as a propaganda piece so they can establish his identity as Captain America without being like "lol that's just dumb!"

>But he is more effective than an entire battalion. That's the fucking point of making super soldier: they're super! He breaks into an enemy camp single handedly and saves a fuck ton of people while also securing important military intelligence.
The military could have done the same job by diverting actual traditional soldiers and tanks to the area. In a war, Steve is too expensive to use.

>I understand that the military's plan was to create more than one guy, but they didn't keep Steve under lock and key; they had him off performing in bond selling shows and USO shows a few miles from the front line.
They were forced to use him because he kept wanting to run off, so they gave him tasks that are SAFER than the front lines.

An actual performer and actor would have sold more bonds than Steve Rogers in that role.

They don't keep him under lock and key. The argument of "they needed him to continue their research" doesn't hold water when you put him a couple of miles from the front line.

He's a fucking super soldier who can do things ordinary people can't. And was developed for combat. They should be using him for combat, especially after his initial display when he swims faster than a fucking submarine.

If I was a military intelligence officer I would have at least proposed the idea of using him to take out U-Boats if he can do that fucking shit!

>If I was a military intelligence officer I would have at least proposed the idea of using him to take out U-Boats if he can do that fucking shit!
What? You want him to swim around the ocean? What the fuck, you are proposing the on job we both know are better done with actual anti-submarine vessels. What was Steve Rogers suppose to do to patrol for submarines?

Basically, I think you completely missed the point that Steve Rogers is not The Flash or The Hulk. Steve is better than average soldiers but not better than proper military squads. The only reason he works so well as a superhero is because he takes cases that you wouldn't be able to send tanks in for. In an actuial WAR, you DO send tanks, and bombers, and battleships. Those are what you need to win wars. Steve Rogers is only better than these things for supervillain plots only because declaring martial law is too inconvenient.

He can swim faster than them and won't be picked up by sonar as anything other than a fish.

I'm just saying it's a better use of him than something which can be achieve by literally hiring an actor; not a one of a kind super soldier.

>He can swim faster than them and won't be picked up by sonar as anything other than a fish.
Anti-submarine warfare isn't an offensive operation, but defensive. You don't go hunt submarines, submarines come to hunt you. You are proposing that Steve should swim laps in the ocean and probably never see a sub for weeks. Subs only reveal themselves when attacking shipping. Your proposition shows how little you know about WW2.

Especially if Steppenwolf goes toe-to-toe with Aquaman and they have a powerful battle. Then when Superman shows up and annihilates him, it will feel so satisfying. Maybe like in DBZ when Goku comes back and wrecks Nappa.

Civil war was a bad movie

>Your proposition shows how little you know about WW2.

That's reasonable; I don't know a hell of a lot about submarine warfare in WWII.

I do know that having a single soldier who can perform better than a regiment of soldier is still a highly valuable asset.

I'd be so down with this.