Wow

Wow.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=etylHJ1hwYo
youtube.com/watch?v=Y9sMBnwKlZk
youtube.com/watch?v=FFFYKBJiahM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What? Is it good? Should I bother watching it?

It was pretty amazing. Really captured the gravitas of the book. I cried Up level tears at a couple moments.

The animation is gorgeous, and the acting was perfect. 100% Oscar worthy on both counts. Paramount was absolutely insane to pull it from distribution. Netflix saves us again.

Alright then, I guess I'll make a note to watch it. I've seen a thread here or there but for some reason had it in my mind it wasn't very good so there was no point paying attention

Terrible message. It's the kind of movie that ruins lives and dooms kids to grow up to post on Sup Forums.

It's good, not great. The story is more of a fanfic of The Little Prince than a straight adaptation, but it's solid in all the major areas.

It is certainly better than many of this year's CGI releases by a comfortable margin, and it's a shame it's not getting a full theatrical release. It's basically a Pixar story minus the wacky and absurd that keep little kids satisfied, so it was probably hard to market from Paramount's point of view.

now I want to see it!

I already post on Sup Forums, so it sounds right up my alley.

Go count some farts, business man.

But it is as good as the old live action one?

>liked Up
Opinion discarded.

>shit nobody cares about

It's been some time since I read the book, but what's with the sock puppet?

>I'm a plebeian

Am I the only one who thought it was just kind of meh? I thought the way they mixed the new story with the actual adapted one was clunky and made the whole thing feel a little diluted.

Twelve. They crammed twelve celebrity voice-actors onto their poster

Rather than just being the story of the book, it's also about the story of an overachieving young girl who grew up too fast discovering the wonder of childhood through reading the book.

I really fucking wish this got a Blu-ray release so I can add it to my physical collection, but I'm glad Netflix rescued it.

>Ricky Gervais plays the Conceited Man

youtube.com/watch?v=etylHJ1hwYo

I'm not crying, I'm not crying, shut up, it's just so fucking dusty in here.....

That's a very weird thing to be upset about.

Good movie. Girl a qt.

>Not liking Up

Finally, I was wondering why no one was talking about this.

So uh, yeah. This movie was weird.

Her mom was legit sexy

It's been a while since I saw either. Having the (bookend)story be about an old man and a little girl makes it substantially less creepy pedo. Less faithful to the original, but by no means should that tarnish the movie.

>implying "Retard kidnaps child with Down's syndrome into the jungle" is a good movie
No, you stupid, easy to emotionally manipulate fuck. It's an awful boring story with awful boring characters. Just because it glosses over a few serious issues, it doesn't magically mean it's deep and thought provoking. It's a story about a fucking failure who couldn't save enough money for a fucking vacation, they should have thanked god they couldn't have children or else they would have starved to death. They lived a long happy life non the less, him dragging the house to South America just makes him look demented. Him murdering a guy over an emu is another highlight of stupidity. And don't get me started on the talking Labrador lifted straight from Dexter's Lab and the kidnapping across country boarders that he will surely spend the rest of his life in jail over.

bump

She looked like Aaron Diaz's character more than a little.

Watched it very recently, also cried a few times at a few points. It helps to say I never read The Little Prince but as a standalone film I thought is was very good. The animation style shifting from the usual 3D fare (which is pretty passable for today's standards) to the beautiful stop-motion, and even with the sprinkling of 2D was a treat.

I heard the comparison to Up but the story does keep the fantastical and fiction pretty spaced from the 'reality'. There's a point where you can argue the two cross but even that's left ambiguous on whether it actually happened or not.

3 minutes in, which I know is nothing but I like what I'm seeing so far honestly

>couldn't save enough money for a fucking vacation

They wanted to move and live there, not just pay the place a visit. Also life gets in the way of old dreams and things get sidetracked, as was shown in the opening sequence. Did you even watch the movie?

>him dragging the house to South America just makes him look demented

He had already become a bitter old man refusing to sell his property for development, and when he accidentally hit that guy his image had jumped from "cranky" to "crazy". He tried to fulfill an old dream of his and his late wife's that likely would have resulted in failure and death because his current situation didn't matter to a man nearing the end of his natural life span with no friend's or family and an unfortunately tarnished public image.

>Him murdering a guy over an emu is another highlight of stupidity.

If you tried to catch an emu, someone tried to stop you, and you tripped and fell to your death while trying to kill the other guy, does that make him a murderer? No, unless you're retarded.

>kidnapping

Alright, you're literally retarded. You either don't know what kidnapping is and/or you didn't watch the movie.

>Dexter did it! Dexter did it!

Kill yourself.

Loved it. The French version is best though, it feels a bit disingenuous watching the English dub.

bump

Ricky should do more voice acting.

English is what it was originally recorded in. The French version is the dub.

The dream sequence was the best part.

Guess I should thank you for making this thread desu

Made me finally actually watch this and it was quite a treat. Nice animation, sweet OST and a good little story too. I'm not sure where the tears comments really come from though, there were a few emotional scenes, but nothing that I felt was too extreme. If he really did have amnesia at the end there, then that probably would have done a fair bit, but luckily it was fine.

It did feel like a Disney/Pixar release at times, which I mean as more of a compliment but it still had its own charm that was more than enough to distinguish it.

Quick question, what was the Snake a representation of? Most of the other characters the Prince met in the story had taken on a new life in the "Essentials" world, where I figured the Snake was the head honcho with a devious plot, but instead it was the Accountant. Did I miss something there? Feel like I did.

Yeah, since the whole travelling through the stars thing stemmed off from the 'reality' scene, I figured this is actually happening, but when it gets back to Earth, there's nothing to suggest any of it actually happened, which then begs the question as to what made the girl (was she named?) realise she had to look with her heart instead.
That, and I thought her moment of realisation was a bit strange too, she was essentially just told the same thing again by the Prince and I don't think even the events that happened with his Rose would really calm her fears of the Old Man passing on. So it did seem a bit odd to me that she 'understood' now, when she was visibly shaken by it prior

There a place I could watch this? is it on website or what.

It's on KissCartoon if you're OK with >Streaming

Netflix

>I heard the comparison to Up but the story does keep the fantastical and fiction pretty spaced from the 'reality'. There's a point where you can argue the two cross but even that's left ambiguous on whether it actually happened or not.
That's why I think it's a good adaption. There's a big aspect of the original book that's difficult to get across when it gets adapted into other mediums. In the book, there's a constant ambiguity as to whether this is something that actually happened to the narrator in-universe or if he was just making up a story for you. Adding the bookending plot was a very clever way to retain that part of the story.

Will take WebM requests

Anyone know where I can find the OST in English?

Her butt when she crawls through the bushes.

>terrible message

the message was literally "people you love will die, and the intangible things in life are the most valuable"

seriously how could it hurt anyone?

ffs

Its breddy good... up until the middle, where it gets too weird and forced its morale too much. aside for that its a good watch.

Grown ups are boring

>Quick question, what was the Snake a representation of?
someone plz

who does Ant Man voice

Anyone got a link? No Netflix unfortunately. and Kisscartoon is trying to give me popup/malware bullshits

Doesn't KissCartoon have a "If the video isn't working properly CLICK HERE to play in device browser"
That generally sort shit out

Why does everyone go unnamed? I didn't even notice until after I watched it

You guys gonna post the MILF or what?

The book just names everyone after what they are.

Is the milf sexy?

I loved it. It was tragic, and hopeful, and pointless, and wonderful, and magic. This sort of resonance is what so many movies need to be.

Thanks for the input on the movie, guys. I was considering watching this with the kids earlier. We'll give it a look tomorrow night when the missus gets home from work.

>mfw my wife made almost that exact same fox as a gift for my little sister a few Christmases ago

He's fucking perfect in this role.

shouldn't you be studying 24/7 you lazy, unproductive waste of oxygen?

>easy to emotionally manipulate fuck
>I'm entitled to sophisticated G-rated Pixar movies

You're entitled to my foot up your ass

Go back to Sup Forums and stay there

The snake is the most ambiguous one in the Essentials world. The CEO guy is the head honcho but the snake is actually the man that tries to make the protagonist grow up just like how he made the Little Prince do so. You can argue that the symbolism of the snake biting the Prince earlier in the story was a euphemism for the death of childhood which resulted in the Prince being that loser janitor as an adult..

Unrelated: this fox is cute and seeing the protag get so attached to it was sweet

It killed me when her mom threw it in the trashcan with the ripped up story

First you actually have to get to the page of the cartoon and have to get through just the search bar giving you popups

>wanted to move there
What's the difference? In the end they couldn't even afford to visit. All things considered, if they had a child, the poor kid would grow up in poverty.

>not a killer
He thwarted a man in the ambition that he spent 70% of his life on which led to the man's death and all to save a bird. No matter how you look at it, Carl's not the good guy unless you're in PETA.

>moving a child across country boarders without consent of his parent or guardian
>not kidnapping
Pick one.

>Dexter did it!
Yes. They did the same breed of dog, with the same personality, the same speech pattern, being able to speak due to the same type of device. I guess all of those are just coincidences.

All I wanted is the movie that the first 10 minutes promise us: two kids going on an adventure to South America to join their hero. Not an old demented fuck moving his house to another continent because that somehow compensates for his inadequacy as a provider in his rotting mind.

How much of an autist am I for really enjoying this song:
youtube.com/watch?v=Y9sMBnwKlZk
?

I am pretty sure the original version was French.

I think the Snake is simply death.

Spoilers for near the end of the movie: he voices "Mr. Prince," the Little Prince who grew up and forgot who he was, in the Little Girl's fix fic. Does a pretty good job too, got a few chuckles out of me.

I never interpreted the Snake as a killer. To me he just seemed like a djinn or something of the sort. Someone to grant the power of wishes, but only in their own deceiving way and often in return for something far greater

I like this though, the bite bringing the death of childhood is something that makes a little more sense. They were pretty clear with the returning characters though, so I expected the Snake to have a much larger role or at least be as easily recognisable as the others. But yeah, considering the fact the dude who tried to take away childhood is otherwise unknown, I think the Snake is a good fit

You don't have Adblock?

You realise they'd have to completely redo the animation if they originally had it in French and changed to English? The English version doesn't look dubbed

This was in English in the version I watched. Preferred it since I can actually understand it

>it's a "James Franco and Ricky Gervais voice act" episode

I like your idea of the snake's bite killing the little Prince's childhood, but the guy with the growing-up machine is from the Little Girl's story, to tie it in with the beginning scene. I would've liked to have imagined it too but if it was that way then they both would've been voiced by the same guy.

Eh, I think it was too heavy handed and weirdly enough there wasn't enough of the actual Little Prince story in it. Subtlety was far from this film's strongsuit.

Good point, I noticed it as I was watching but somehow completely forgot in the aftermath. Think it's a bit harsh to say the panel of judges at the beginning were trying to take her childhood though. There's no real connection there if you ask me, even if it was in the movie. At the beginning, they did very little, the only real thing taking her childhood was her life plan, unless the entire panel was just symbolism for "the man"

Well, I didn't mean it literally in the beginning, just that the style and look of the later guy's design seemed to be kind of a callback. The whole "dream" sequence was exaggerated of course, to show her anxieties.

I think my main problem was how harsh the movie made the world of adults. In the book the Little Prince (and by extension, the pilot) just kind of observed the irony of how the "important things" the adults were obsessing over made them look so foolish. In the movie the entire "system" feels so much more aggressive, almost downright dystopian. In the book I always thought that the "grown-up" mindset had a more subtle way of slowly influencing kids' minds/priorities as they grew up. Like you wouldn't even notice you'd long forgotten those things that were once precious to you.

I absolutely adored the artstyle and animation of the actual Little Prince segments. My god, they were so gorgeous and surreal. I understand how much time and money it must have taken, but I would love to have seen a slightly longer version of just that part of the story.

>seemed to be kind of a callback
I think it was definitely a callback, the resemblance was too strong. Whether it was exaggerated has to do with whether you think it actually happened or was indeed a dream I guess.

I get your point on the adult word, it was pretty heavy handed and at times I was thinking what kind of bloody world is this? I haven't read the book, but perhaps they took this route in the movie to really nail down the message and make it absolutely clear, even to kids.
I think the switch in art style was great too for The Prince sequences, it feels special when you do finally see him in CGI and the wrongs have been righted.

What was the old guys end game? Was "going on my plane to see the little Prince" basically his analogy for his death?

Did they translate all of the songs into English for the Netflix release?

The pirated copy I watched earlier this year had English voices/French Music, and I'd think that's probably the definitive way to watch the film considering how nice the music is and how good the star studded English cast is.

I'm not sure, I streamed it on KissCartoon initially and the songs were English but the one I downloaded is English Voice/French Music. In the English version, even a few other things were changed such as the "Amie" magnet actually saying "Friend" and the dubbed songs were done well, so I actually preferred it since I don't know French.

>the same personality, the same speech pattern
Yes. That's called DOG, you stupid fuck.

>This movie was weird.
In what way?

all those pixar faces

There's literally one and no, you don't fit in yet

Best 3D animated movie in a long time for me.

>You realise they'd have to completely redo the animation if they originally had it in French and changed to English? The English version doesn't look dubbed
Neither was the French Version. Ussuallly, the people working on Dub try to make the traduction sync too.

I can't find the Movie online but here's a trailer
youtube.com/watch?v=FFFYKBJiahM

This is dubbed mate. They do seem to have done a good job and it does sound nice, I can see why you might think it's more fitting, but it's dubbed.

>all cartoon dogs ever created have the same personality
>dogs within that stupid movie have the same personality
Wow, I never noticed this!

It wasn't that sad, what's with anons crying?

yes

bump

Then what the hell was up with the Plane? Just to build ambiguity?

I think his goal was to wait until he knew death was immanent and then take the plane on one last joyride to likely die at the controls or in a crash, rather than linger in bed at the brink of death for ages.

This movie is boring, bland and uninspired

I guess my grown up understanding of the universe made it really hard for me to accept the "people living on stars" thing. And the music was really creative. I liked it don't get me wrong, it's just really different.