Doctor Who General - /who/

KRISKEKS ABSOLUTELY BTFO Edition

Previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

my.mixtape.moe/curjgs.mp4
denofgeek.com/us/tv/doctor-who/266484/classic-doctor-who-lost-episodes-coming-to-britbox
youtube.com/watch?v=nqwoBhQFJzM
bigfinish.com/news/v/big-finish-books-bernice-summerfield-blake-s-7-and-the-omega-factor
comixology.com/Doctor-Who-Ghost-Stories-1/digital-comic/468851
bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/mediapacks/doctor-who-10/moffat
reddit.com/r/gallifrey/comments/67q3k8/when_did_the_doctor_give_hos_promise/
youtu.be/5HeQIwNDmtY
mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/deborah-watling-doctor-who-dead-10845650
youtube.com/watch?v=qaDw79__VRc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Top kek

I simply don't watch shows that push agendas down my throat and hope that sooner or later they go financially broke to the point where desperate Hollywood starts pleasing white males again.
The only issue with that logic is the fact that Westerners are bunch of pussy wiped beta males that actually love watching shows about spandex wearing Chads with diverse casts.

thanks for using my image OP

What is your opinion on Snickers

This. White men are white men greatest enemy.

my.mixtape.moe/curjgs.mp4

cats supports a twink companion

I support a twink cats

Doctor Who is DEAD.

denofgeek.com/us/tv/doctor-who/266484/classic-doctor-who-lost-episodes-coming-to-britbox

new Wheel in Space restorations

anyone have a link to free Big Finish audios since the MEGA went down?

Doctor Who is my favorite show.

We used to be such a proud bunch, but now it's reduced to self hatred and guilt about the past
Why
WHYYYY

youtube.com/watch?v=nqwoBhQFJzM "New" Classic Who trailer

The Audiobook Bay is your friend

If regeneration is random, why did the doctor stay as a man for 13 bodies?

I've stopped watching Dr. Who this past season. In fact, the number of new movies and tv shows that I watch has dropped drastically in the past 2 years because of shit like this and other social propaganda that has been getting worse and more direct.

They aren't even female characters, just strong character archetypes.

Because you're whinging about it in a thread for a family science fiction show

Because life is not a Tom Stoppard play and a streak of 13 heads can always be ended with a tails

There was an episode where he said hinted that he was a woman at one point, just after changing. Not sure which one, but it may have been one of those things where he was remembering some adventure where he temp-turned into a woman due to some technology or something. It didn't really seem like he was talking about a regen type change.

>Dr. Who

Fuck off boardie.

Either A. he wanted to stay a male consciously or subconsciously B. it was just random luck or C. he wanted to be a woman but can't control his regenerations like Romana can for example

because while randomness guarantees equal chances of occurrences, it does not guarantee equal results of occurrences.

sonic
sunglasses

Maybe Time Lords usually stick to their birth sex with regenerations, but a sex change regeneration can happen. For example in Hell Bent the general says she's "back to normal" after regenerating from male to female - maybe her first regeneration and most after were female?

>typing out extra shit

No, internet newfag.

It's simply a clear indication of boardiehood. Like how non lego fans call the bricks legos whereas real lego fans call them LEGO

POST YOUR FACE NEO

didnt 12th reveal that he fell in love with the master or something

looks gay

Statistically it's is way too likely he would have become a woman after 12 regenerations, maybe there will be some explanation in the upcoming episode

more photoshop/video ideas are welcome guys

Make this Doctor Who themed

Lemonade stands are a shitty meme.

This is hilarious for some reason.

What is /who/s general opinion on Season 10?

Just finished it. Thought it was worse than 9 but better than 8 (not a compliment).

Even the finale was disappointing.

I'll never be able to live down Capladi's wasted potential.

3=4=6 > 1=5 > 2=7 > 10=9 > 8

Not a Capaldi fan or a Moffat fan or both?

Reminder that books.
Big Finish Books are back! New anthologies follow the adventures of Bernice Summerfield and Blake’s 7, plus a new novel from the world of The Omega Factor.

bigfinish.com/news/v/big-finish-books-bernice-summerfield-blake-s-7-and-the-omega-factor

Thanks Brick Niggs

These opinions are awful.

lol didn't even know that big finish made books

>new Jon Blum story

what did you want capaldi to do that he didn't?

I really liked it
The only part I was disappointed by was the monks 3 parter, unfortunately it was such a big chunk of the season it's hard to ignore

>when your show is so shit the main character turns into a woman

He wants Moffat to write a script greater than Shakespeare's best work and have Capaldi act with more emotion and conviction than Renée Jeanne Falconetti in 1928's The Passion of Joan of Arc, often considered the best performance in cinema. Seriously these "muh wasted potential" fags will settle for nothing less. Imagine looking at Capaldi's speech in The Doctor Falls and thinking he was ever wasted. Considering who the BBC could possibly employ as a showrunner, there's nobody better for Capaldi than Steven Moffat.

Ian is the true hero, first doctor is a sneaky selfish bastard
Im guessing he learns from Ian or something, but so far he seems like a complete asshat

CHATTERTON

Ian isn't really a hero either, at least not in the way the later Doctor is. They're all four just trying to get out of each adventure alive, mainly.

RTD on set today.

It's more that he automatically seems to take charge and is the most active in terms of looking for ways to survive
I suppose its not a fair comparison though considering the doctor is a weak old man that's probably in a body thats hundreds of years old

Cheers

Prove that Mysterio is canon (you literally can't)

Its real :O

Anyone for dodgems?

Prove that any Doctor Who story is canon

Prove that it isn't.

To be fair, there's more evidence against than supporting.
>Doesn't logically slot anywhere in 12 and Nardole's relationship since the imprisonment of Missy (a bit like 2 and Jamie's return appearances that ended up shoved into a mythical "Season 6B")
>Has never been referenced by any later story, so not subject to two-way canoning
>Start of the episode zooms into a strip of comic panels emphasising the fictionality of the narrative

It hasn't been referenced since, there have been no ramifications to an actual superhero being public knowledge, and it directly contradicts S10 regarding when nardole started traveling with the doctor (extremis shows that nardole didn't start traveling with the doctor until the vault was already a thing yet in mysterio they're going on adventures and nardole has no issues with it)

comixology.com/Doctor-Who-Ghost-Stories-1/digital-comic/468851

so? comics aren't canon until they're referenced in the show

It was pretty shit but I enjoyed it. About the same level as 9 and a bit worse than 8.

Pilot, Smile, Thin Ice, all shit.
Knock Knock, Eaters Of Light and Empress Of Mars have a lot of wasted potential but also some charm.
The Monks three parter is the same old Moffat storyline we've already seen like 10 times since Series 5, still not bad.
Oxygen was good.
The finale was actually great.

bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/mediapacks/doctor-who-10/moffat
>He’s so brilliant and charming and he’s already in place albeit decapitated… so we brought him back. He is The Doctor’s go-to guy. He’s not quite, as we have seen in The Return Of Doctor Mysterio the bumbling oaf he likes people to think he is - he’s slyer, more devious, more useful and he has a very shady past.

Moffat talking about the show out-of-universe doesn't satisfy the two-way canoning rule. Of course he can reference it, it aired, we all watched it! But the characters in the show never show any indication or awareness it took place.

Moff saying that nardole is not like he was in mysterio is not the proof you think it is

Think Moffat has enough time to write Nordol an interesting backstory?

At least the Doctor now looks human.

Apparently he's got a story in his head for how Nardole got Rivers diary from the Library so I wouldn't be surprised
>12 and Nardole BF adventures when?

He mentioned to Radio Times a while back he has a story in his head for how Nardole got River's Diary from the Library (fingers crossed it gets told somehow oneday, maybe in audio form).

T b h I'm not really invested in the conversation because I don't subscribe to the idea of canon but thought those links might be of interest

reddit.com/r/gallifrey/comments/67q3k8/when_did_the_doctor_give_hos_promise/

I don't subscribe to the idea of canon either, which is why I find it amusingly subversive to find arguments that a NuWho episode from barely half a year ago is non-canonical. Mainly because it undercuts the idea that there's a fixed canon that anyone can really decide, and emphasises creating your personal one.

Ah I get what you mean! I really, really like your take.

I speculate the Doctor made a pact with the Master/Missy a long, long, long time ago, over the vault. The stealing of the vault ended the Cloister Wars in a stalemate. The Master took the fall for stealing it and became a renegade allowing the Doctor to retain relations with Gallifrey as an objector and not a criminal. I also speculate the Time Lords tortured the John Simm Master in a time loop for the equivalent of a billion years to parallel the Doctor in Heaven Sent. So Missy is perhaps a bit bonkers. The vault contains a device for controlling the singularity of a black hole, a nascent god that is perhaps an AI that can assume humanoid appearance similar to the Moment. It may also be somehow warping reality to allow the Doctor to remain in disguise while retaining his apparent appearance.

Neo, what are your thoughts on this vid youtu.be/5HeQIwNDmtY

Can't say I've ever seen it, I'm unfamiliar with that YouTuber

>£17 for 224 pages

Honestly speaking I subscribe to the fact that if it's shown on TV then it's most likely canon

Who doesn't love the Drashigs?

>laughing Drashigs.jpg

What's this one from?

the wiki

Ad for the Doctor Who experience I think

Ah right, ta.

RIP

also the asshole who calls people boardie needs to GTFO

That's a lot of importance you just assigned to what is essentially a big box.

Any got a source for season 10 high quality promotion pictures like so?

F
someone upload that scene between her and Troughton from tomb of the cybermen. you know the one.

farfarawaysite

>it's true
Oh fuck.
First Baxter and now her.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH IT'S TRUE WHAT THE FUCK

>Doctor Who's second ever assistant
This seems...inaccurate, somehow

Your ranking?

Mine would be

GOAT TIER:
McGann's 1996 TARDIS
Eccleston/Tennant's S1-S4 TARDIS
Tom's S14 wooden TARDIS
The original Hartnell/Troughton TARDIS

GREAT TIER:
Capaldi's S8 TARDIS (Matt's S7 one too I guess, they're different but so similar that I don't want to rank them separately)

GOOD TIER:
S21 > S7 > S8 > S15 > S20 > S13

SHIT TIER:
War Doctor TARDIS
Smith's S5-S6 TARDIS

Oh no ) :

youtube.com/watch?v=qaDw79__VRc