Michael Bisping

youtube.com/watch?v=p443GU8yCuM&

is this fucking action kino

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Rfi0_CBHF5Q
youtube.com/watch?v=spaZY_L-IhM
youtu.be/wu-6jLqhcNQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

nice HK and korea have moved onto being hollywood wannabes with their action films

Can't Fucking wait

Fuck yes!

very nice

>martial arts superstars
>and Michael Shitsping

>Iko doesn't even need a gun

LOOKS LIKE TESTOSTERONE IS BACK ON THE MENU BOYS

>Michael Jai White and Scott Adkins as badguys

yeah boy, Universal Soldier alumni

That dude from the raid has to be among the deadliest men alive hand to hand.

You know movies aren't real right?

It's all honestly great... but that fucking haircut in op pic is too much for me.

and he's insanely jacked now

Why is bitchsping getting so many roles???

Hes been doing movements like that since he was like 8

Iko was never an actor he's a martial artist Gareth found from a temple. He's trained silat his whole life, he'd absolutely fuck shit up irl.

t. I don't actually know who iko is

Read up about his life pre-acting career

he was actually pretty good in xxx 3 desu

kino af, how can big jewllywood studios even compete?

>some random faggot trained in a literal who martial art
>"among the deadliest men alive"

Shit, meant for

The UFC got bought by literal hollywood kikes.

You clearly didn't see the final act of Raid 2

>it's not muh mma so it's not real

I bet every penny I have that Uwais would have you stunned and reeling before you finished your sentence shit talking him

>post yfw Boyka is gonna fight Tony Jaa

Stop moving the goalposts buddy, first he's one of the deadliest man alive now he just needs to be able to beat up 4channers.

>first he's one of the deadliest man alive
Please don't forget the hand to hand part.
Otherwise you sound like a retard.

Scott Adkins is so fucking based. Always works super hard, never phones it in and makes the best dtv action kino.

Well he always tries his hardest, he's really damn bland when he isn't kicking people in the face though.

nah he's good when he gets to play a more over the top character. he's not good at playing the everyman. he's the best with villains/antiheroes which is cool because he's playing a villain in this.

karate kino is back on the menu

youtube.com/watch?v=Rfi0_CBHF5Q

nothing interesting on his wikipedia that would make me think?

bisping brings in the UFC crowd which is fucking HUGE. he probably has more twitter followers than the rest of the cast combined. he's also not a bad actor, not sure yet if he can do screen fighting, it's a completely different skill than irl fighting

Wasn't the guy who said he was the deadliest hand to hand. Though I'd be inclined to agree. Like another user stated, he was found doing real silat demos and competitions. Had 0 acting experience, but was discovered by Edwards I believe n brought into that world. Obviously their might be some literal who up in the mountains somewhere who could wax everyone in this movie. But as far as professional fighters and the like, yea I'd say Uwais is one or the baddest hand to hand combatants out there

>Bisping brings in the UFC crowd
Not really, hardcore fans don't like him and casual fans don't know who he is.

shame that everyone just sees him as discount Ben Affleck. dude really shined as Boyka. not much in anything else. i bet you guys don't even remember him in Dr Strange.

>everyone just sees him as discount Ben Affleck
>things that only happen in my mind

This. Anyone who actually knows who Adkins is through his movies has never said their names in the same sentence. I guess they're both white n have dark hair if you're alluding to their looks?

Who's Tiger Chen

>Scott Adkins and Michael Jai White are the current Western martial arts movie ''''stars''''
Really puts how dead the genre is into perspective.

Can they please form a modern day version of the Venoms?

I'm really looking forward to his movie Accident Man

Adkins makes good movies tho. MJW either doesn't get any good offers, or just doesn't recognize whats a good project to pick. Adkins has made some of the best DTV action movies and MJW has a pretty shit resume unfortunately.

Undisputed 3 is unironically one of my favorite movies of all time. Gets me so pumped up and i love the relationship and arc of Boyka and Turbo. The ending is really satisfying, it's a classic action movie in my book.

>The Raid guy

THE RAID 3 WHEN REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Iko
The Raid guy
>Tony Jaa
Ong Bak guy
>Tiger Chen
Who the fuck is this?

hes not super well known since he hasn't done a lot of acting, started out doing choreography with Yuen Wo Ping and he tought Keanu Reeves how to fight. He was in Man of Tai Chi, the movie Keanu directed. Good, very old school style fighter.

Iko, Tony and Tiger make for a really cool screen combo since they all have very different fighting styles.

Man of Tai Chi, educate yourself

youtube.com/watch?v=spaZY_L-IhM

The director said he wanted to take a breathe, not for at least another year is what its looking like

The deadliest man alive would be able to beat up 4channers, yes. And you're missing the point of the post, it says Iko can stun you BEFORE you can finish your sentence, not that he would need a forever alone fa/tv/irgin like you to prove himself.

He's making a horror movie with Dan Stevens and Michael Sheen (British one) atm

Gareth is doing a horror movie now and he's supposedly starting another movie instantly when it's done, no idea what it is but he teased it with a picture of London, so it could be Blister which he has said is set in the UK

yeah I was kinda vague meant a break from Raid/Martial Arts movies

MJW gets a lifetime pass for pic related

I want to see a new exploitation parody movie

Apparently the John Wick guy isn't directing this anymore. Must be because of Deadpool 2.

whats essential modern martial arts kino? I'm already into the classics like Shaw Bros films and early chanman. I've seen the moden pleb stuff like Donnie Yens stuff (ip man, dragon tiger gate, killzone, etc)

Ip Man 1 & 2
Ong Bak 1 & 2
The Raid
Undisputed 2,3,4
The Redeemer

Man of Tai Chi

Too bad silat is useless in a real fight.

Man of Tai Chi. Underrated movie. Look it up if you wanna kill some time. Uwais is in that too, actually.

Fun Fact, Chen was also in an episode of Bizarre Foods.

Utilized by several Special Forces groups

Doesn't the usefulness of martial arts always depend on the person using it?

Oh wow, thanks for the info!

The dude on the left looks like he takes AP calculus

another reason to live u guys

Is Keanu Reeves good in it?
Probably would watch it along with John Wick 2

>Chester Bennington died before he could see this movie

Yea actually I liked his performance in it. This was pre-Wick if I'm remembering right, so it was Kool to see him be menacing a bit

Any dtv martial arts action come out recently?

desu good, I don't like Stahelski's style of action. too clean. and he always casts actors and tries to make them fight instead of martial artists.

Anyone watched Headshot?
How is it?

Universal soldier day of reckoning
Spl 2 a time for consequences

Both essential imo

pretty good

yup day of reckoning is a masterpiece

SPL has a sequel?
But the hero died.

the sequel has nothing to do with the first movie and it's great

What?
Why is it a sequel then and not a different movie?

Pretty simple plot but has some good fights

nice i have been waiting for tony jaa to get back in the game.

I thought it's weird after a white guy could take some Indonesian martial arts guy and make an Indonesian martial arts movie that penetrated international market, Indonesians don't find more martial artists and try to make other similar movies.
Are they not big in their own country, those Raid guys?

just a sequel in name

raid 2 was banned in their own country

You're kidding

Indonesia is very conservative, they have literal blasphemy laws

I get so triggered when I see normies talk about martial arts movies. I have been watching em since i was a kid and I'm borderline autistic towards them. When I see people praise shit like the church scene in Kingsman or complain about martial arts movies "having bad plots" I just have to hold back and remember not eveybody is as autistic about this stuff as me. Triple Threat looks gr8. I'm sure when I'll show it to my friends they'll be on their phones 60% of the time and say "the action scenes were cool but the plot was shit" and put on the newest Marvel movie

Do you own a Shaw Bros t shirt

HOLY FUCKING SHIT I HAVE A REASON TO LIVE AGAIN

I get triggered when people tell me the raids were great martial arts movie. They're great action movies, yes, but they're shit martial arts movie. Merantau did a better job of showcasing Silat.

Merantu's choreography was a lot stiffer

Yeah, you can tell the entire crew is still new to movies, but it showcases the art more than the Raid's does. Besides a few key fight, the raid is mostly generic action. It's well choreographed, but you could easily make the main character a non-silat user and it wouldn't make a difference.

Does silat have any trademark moves like muay thai elbow and knee strikes

I disagree. Martial arts movies must evolve, The Raid is a very modern martial arts movie and that's why it's so exciting, it's something new. Almost like a survival horror movie.

I need to own one, got links to some sweet ones

youtu.be/wu-6jLqhcNQ

It's traditionally done in a wide, low stance with pulling motions that emphasizes blocking and attacking from the side at the same time.

Police station fight was good, the rest of the movie was pretty boring.

Good, we'll get some great action films then. Hollywood doesn't know how to do action anymore, it's all quick cuts, the editing is fucking abysmal.

I was going to make the same thread. Thank you based user.

special effects and editing tricks can make even the weakest piece of shit look like a karate sensei

Had a hard time remembering the third guy and then it hit me
>Man of Tai-Chi

Undisputed 2