What Sup Forums thinks about Madagascar? I remember when it came out, these characters were literally everywhere. Here...

What Sup Forums thinks about Madagascar? I remember when it came out, these characters were literally everywhere. Here, in Russia, they had voices of famous actor and showmen, every tv channel promoted this movie, it was so many hype around. Everybody i know saw it, and everybody i know fucking loved it. I newer meet anyone who actually thinks that it's a bad, or even average movie. All negative reviews i ever found was like "stupid murricans want to destroy our great country with their godless culture, soviet cartoons are the best!". I saw this movie so many times and it's still one of the Dreamworks greatest.

How the fuck it can have 55% on RT, lower that good, but average for Dreamworks Over the Hedge and terrible stupid Monsters vs Aliens? Are Americans really hate this movie? Not enough fart and belching jokes, maybe?

fuck RT, literal Sup Forums meme
I liked all of these movies
they're not masterpieces but still really entertaining

I like Madagascar for being the first CGI movie that tried to look stylized and cartoony
2nd one as kind of boring, 3rd one was great again

And boring Escape to Africa with will.i.am and the story stolen from Lion King is acclaimed more than the first movie. What the actual fuck?

>Are Americans really hate this movie? Not enough fart and belching jokes, maybe?
Madagascar sucks man. It sounds like you only like it because you had so many advertisements telling you to like it. In America we had plenty of other movie advertisements to drown it out.

I LIKE TO MOVE IT MOVE IT

i liked that italian cheetah
>fourth movie in the works

Oh yes, i love the 3rd part, even despite all this circus story was forsed and stupid. I don't care because movie has so many fun in it. For some reason it reminds me classic Tom and Jerry series.

bump

bump

bump

bump

bump

>Monsters vs. Aliens has the lowest audience score
what

3>1>2

I enjoy the hell out of the movies, i think they're fun and charming and I love the animation techniques they use.

it wasn't great user, get past the giantess fetish

> Colbert playing the president

That and the fetish are by far the best parts of the film.

Madagascar was only good for the Penguins spin-off stuff and the boners. It's a poor Dreamworks property.

How come no one talks about Over the Hedge. I remember that one actually having some interesting ideas in it.

I don't think it was ever that popular. It is based off of an actual newspaper strip, though, but only RJ, Verne, and Ham are in it. The last time I looked at it RJ was being envious of Rocket Raccoon.

YOU LIKE TO

the penguins movie is so fucking good i was pleasantly surprised.

I went to a screening for it a long time ago. Colbert was there. The movie still sucked. I made vicious comments about it and Colbert seemed kind of hurt by them. Felt kind of bad about it afterwards, but it still didn't make the movie suck any less.

DA DA DA DA DA DA DA DA CIRCUS

Yeah, it's kind of their first time trying to go for a more retro animation aesthetic after Antz and Shrek were trying to be more realistic.
They even use squash and stretch to recreate smear frames.

Madagascar takes place in the 80s, discuss.

that attention to detail/technique really comes thru too, the expressions and body language are wonderful.
I used to rewatch the original just to marvel at the little things.

Series got better after every film.

It's just non stop action, it's really fun.

It's fine. Only way to explain how people still care about a fucking zoo lion. Back in the 80's you either played on your street or went to the zoo for your entertainment in the weekends.

Well, he also dances, so that's cool.

Holy shit, I never realized Madagascar 2 had a rating that high.

Even by Dreamworks standards that movie is fucking awful.

Also KFP2 is the best DW movie.

Well, it knows where it wants the trilogy to go, but it doesn't know what to do in the middle, so it just kind of meanders about.
And then ends up doing "home is where the heart is" anyway, so they have to just do it again in the third one.

>Back in the 80's you either played on your street or went to the zoo for your entertainment in the weekends.

I think you mean you either did cocaine or sold cocaine