Other urls found in this thread:

screenrant.com/spider-man-homecoming-marvel-sony-deal-details/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>inc Marvel fanboys to say how it's not that bad

>mcucks will defend this

>Won't even make $600 million worldwide
Two weekends and hasn't been released in China
More than $600 million is guaranteed

Who would have thought that 3 franchises of the same IP in a decade and a half would be a bad idea?

Can we have a marvel and dc generals and relegate all these threads to them?

>marvel

If anything it will hurt Sony. Profits were supposed to go in their pocket

Chinese hate niggers.

derp

Most of my theater hated movie.

people like wtf is this shit kid i dont wanna watch immasculune boy cosplaying as spider-man

people like adult spiderman not comic bullshit high school movie

so its no surprise its more popular in fatland of comics and burger while its literally dead on high society of europe

Spiderman homecoming hasn't released in China yet, I would imagine it making like 150million-200million there, because that's what the average Marvel movie makes there.

I initially didn't want to watch it at all because it looked like the most cliched already-done superhero movie ever just shoved into the MCU, but people are saying now that it actually surprised them a lot and got a lot of things right.
I still don't know about watching it though because it still looks like it's not really a spiderman movie, but rather just an iron man spinoff

Nice blog, never make another independent decision in your life.

>a movie two weeks into it's run made more than another movie's total
>IT'S A F..FLOP RIGHT GUYS??

even if it closed up now and didn't make a penny more, what do you get out of it, what do you win?

Not even close shill

Chinese take 90% of what movie makes though. Literally no profit unless they make 1B in China

You think it's worth watching?

shills tears

You know it hasn't opened in most major foreign markets like China and Japan right?

How fucking retarded do you have to be to give this much of a shit about any of this box office bullshit? Take a look at yourself, you're defending films not based on their merits but by comparing how much they make. You don't care to even discuss them; I wouldn't even be surprised if you didn't even watch either film. What a sad generation is Gen Z.

I love this. "China is destroying muh film industry", but are now being used in these arguments as a means to support one side in their pathetic schoolyard fights? Just brilliant.

Actually, Sony got paid upfront for the licensing of the characters they own. Homecoming is exclusively a MCU/Disney/Marvel Studios film. Amy Pascal being listed as "executive producer" is nothing more than a formality, and Sony had absolutely no involvement in the actual production of the film, or any say in its profits.

Marvel is dead. Bury it.

Also a couple of countries in Europe

you
how does this make you feel? they played themselves

>Two weekends and hasn't been released in China

Not even sure it will release in China, and if it does it will be somethime in August at the earliest, when the chinks have seen it on rips for over a month.

>More than $600 million is guaranteed

No, it won't even reach $300 million domestically, at best it will break even during it's box office run

>bad idea
>makes hundreds of millions anyway

oh lordy what a travesty

>movie with forced diversity succeeds
>rare
>"this is proof that diversity makes everything better"

>movie with forced diversity fails
>commonplace
>"this is proof that the advertising campaign wasn't successful, also everyone is sexist/racist"

>makes hundreds of millions anyway

Doesn't matter if it does hundreds of millions when it cost more hundreds of millions to make and promote

Raimikino to the rescue

>At best it will break even
$175 million budget
Multiplied by two because of Sup Forumss autism
$350 million plus the $140 million marketing
So that's $490 million that it needs to pass, and it's already pretty much there. After this weekend it'll be making profit

literally nobody cares about diversity in this movie except screeching sjw's and poltards on the internet.

it's set in new york, new york is about the most mixed city on the planet, it would be strange if it wasn't diverse.

it'll probably have decent legs, sharp drop because there's been actual big movies coming out now, apes, dunkirk and valerian, real competition.

I'd say it'll end somewhere in 600-700

screenrant.com/spider-man-homecoming-marvel-sony-deal-details/

Now you can fuck off sonygger

The production budget was 175mil, marketing is likely more than a 1.5x multiplier, a conservative total cost would be nearly 440mil, studio gets around 80% domestically and usually less worldwide (distribution is very complex), so the movie will need to pass ~700mil to be profitable. Just breaking a profit is a waste of time, studios want a significant return on their investments, clogging up your blockbuster pipeline during summer with films that only break even is a failure.

>the studio gets every penny from ticket sales.

Theaters take a cut, user.

>Sup Forumss autism
Why are you here if you don't even know the most basic things about the movie industry like the theaters taking a cut of the gross?

So this is the power of Sup Forumss '''math'''

$490 million in production and marketing cost

has made $225 million domestic of which the studio gets %60 = $135 million

has made $260 million foreign of which the studio gets ~25-30%, we say 30% = $80 million

so going in to the third weekend it has earned the studio ~$215 million, for a movie that cost them $490 million, meaning they are $275 million behind.

Unless it opens in China and does GREAT, they will lose money on this during the box office run, it's a flop.

Dare I say :
SpiderFlop SpiderFlop
JUST look at that weekend drop
Losing money? Holy Cow
Not even China can save it now
LOOK OUT! Here comes the SpiderFlop

Do you expect more than napkin math from me, unless you can audit a studio this shit is pretty hard to pin down, though I don't think I am being unfair.

I love it when people start pulling these figures out of their ass, the profit line gets bigger every time.

it's not about nigger extras in the background, you retard

a

Yep, and tranny MJ is likely to not fly so high over there either.

I know, it's about them having the nerve to exist at all, we get it, go home.

>6 months ago
>suicide squad flopped lmao it needed 9848 gotrillions in the first nanosecond to break even (doctor strange was a success with worse numbers though)
>now
>lol @Sup Forums meme math spiderflop can't flop it broke even with the first ticket haha lmao
Say no to quips, kids

You all know what Sony's answer to this problem is: they'll reboot it yet again.

Nigger-Man, HERE WE COOOME

Next reboot when?

I hope next time Spiderman will be a strong, independent, transexual woman of color.

>new york is about the most mixed city on the planet

lmao
America got kiked so fucking badly

Sony Pictures lost nearly a billion dollars in Q4 2016, the studio is banking on making far more than a few points, these blockbuster pay for the fall/winter prestige pictures

I think $490 million for prodution and marketing is too high, would estimate total cost at ~$350, but even with that number Homecoming isn't doing well.

China don't like social justice propoganda, it won't get released there.

Lol

This brothers, this is what white genocide looks like!

chinks dont like niggers, this movie will bomb there

Just point out the flaws in the numbers if you actually have an argument.

Box office gross percentages is not a secret, just google and educate yourself.

crybaby nigger

> At 61.3%, Homecoming has suffered the single biggest weekend-to-weekend drop of any Marvel Cinematic Universe film thus far.

> In fact (according to Forbes’ math) that puts the new film on track to do business only about on-par (and, adjusted for inflation, probably less-than-par) with the first of the two widely-reviled Amazing movies. While that’s far from a doom-and-gloom scenario as box office drops go – it’s well removed from the 70% tumble of Batman V Superman, for example – it serves to throw at least a small wrench into the narrative Marvel and Sony have been busily constructing around the film; i.e. that their collaborative efforts were the silver bullet necessary to bring Spidey back to the point where the web-slinging teen hero was the top costumed-crimefighter draw on the planet. Rather, they’re now faced with the less spectacular-sounding honor of having “only” staunched the bleeding from the studio-destabilizing crack up of the second Amazing feature – with Sam Raimi’s Spider-Man 3 likely to hold onto its franchise-best box-office record for a few cycles longer.

Okay, I'm gonna use my autism and compare your numbers with another movie, BvS
Budget: $250 million x 2
Box Office: $330,360,194 Domestic x 0.60
$542,900,000 Foreign x 0.30
$873,260,194 total
>Note that BvS made about $104 million net profit
This converts to $198,216,116.4 Domestic
$162,870,000 Foreign for a total of $361,086,116.4

But using Sup Forums math this makes ZERO sense
$250 million x 2 is $500 million, so using your math, the movie lost $138,913,883.6 without any marketing (Which BvS had fuck ton of)

So in short, no one on Sup Forums has a single fucking clue about how profits in the movie business work.

Do you know something about syndication?

Hell, Friend's make 1 BILLION A YEAR in syndication. EVERY YEAR.

Movies make smaller numbers but still HUGE. +home video. + audio, dell e.t.c product placement.

Warcraft made profit, BvS made profit, every major movie makes profit in the end, one way or another. Box-office is only half of the story.

i didnt see it strictly because of the retarded casting and i dont care about peter parker taking a shit in high school. Its like the old joke, "Like star wars and luke skywalker????" "wanna learn about his dad as a boy???" no no i do not kind sir, i will spend my jew paper somewhere else. believe it or not i will be attending Valerian tonight. Cara Delevigne panty shots = 1 ticket sold. Begone thot. t. the fapsmith leroy fappins

*AUDI product placement

Dumbass, real life isn't like propaganda posters, even in mixed cities people still self-segregate. I'm in San Francisco and most the pictures on my Facebook feed of coworkers feature everyone of the same race.

Throwing people in close proximity doesn't make them friends.

>its even doing worse then Thor 1
Thor 1 and 2 are two of the worst movies I've seen in the last 10 years. How the hell is this doing worse? It's got Spider-Man and Iron Man does it not?

Valerian looks cool, imma get that on 4k. You gonna post that Cara or not?

Not only China, but Japan where the previous Spider-Man movies made a shitload of money. It'll end up around 800.

Studios don't get 60%. It's tiered by week. Week 1 they might get 60. It goes down weekly because they essentially have to pay theaters to keep it instead of getting some other feature.

By week 5 or 6, studios are barely making much at all from movies. That's why they release a big movie once a month or so.

It's almost the like a film's failing/success isn't dependent on diversity but instead on the quality of the film, the marketing and the saturation of the genre/character

it's doing worse than thor because they are so desperate to say a marvel movie flopped they'll just lie about the figures.

it's alreay made more than the first thor in two weeks, thor 2 made like 650m, I'd say it'll probably do about that much.

Why would they keep making movies with 200+ million budgets if it's almost impossible to make a profit from them then?
Why do you even care about profits anyway, when we all know Hollywood accounting is a bunch of bullshit and nobody knows how much they actually spend nor how much they actually get?
For instance, a lot of those "marketing costs" actually go to companies owned by the same studio that made and distributes the movie.

It's still a shit movie. A shit movie that's the 3rd retread in 15 years.

Because they all look at the Avatar number with their greedy jews eyes thinking they can do it too.

It's gonna make 800-900 million, still has to be released in China, Japan and Spain.

>these movies have to make at least double their budget to be worth it
>no I meant triple because MCU put so much into marketing
>no sorry I meant at least five times it's budget or they will go out of business

you have to stop

Needs at least $1Billion shekels to break even at this point.

Kinda sad spideyman is flopping.

yeah because china and japan were clearly the target audience with that diverse cast
also great idea to release the movie there after the hype is over and everybody stated it's shit

That moment when you realize the only film that has come even remotely close to approaching Cameron's success at the box office is the one belonging to a franchise with 40 years of nostalgia attached to it

The movie is doing really well in Asia, much better than in USA and Europe. So yeah, it's gonna do well in both Japan and China.

If you think chinks give a shit about some nig supporting characters and extras you're delusional. They go to the movie for Peter Parker and Iron Man, who are both white.

Mathematically, Homecoming needs to have minimal drops to reach $300millions in the US (less than 50%) but for now it's not doing good in this department. Yesterday it fell to 4.4M, so now the difference between Homecoming and WW got closer to 5 millions on the same day (14) and gets wider by the day.

>that diverse cast

why can't you stop crying about niggers?

did one fuck your mother, did one fuck you?

That moment when you realize James Cameron is a fucking god.

> Industry watchers calling Titanic a "boondoggle" after going way over budget, predict a huge loss for the studio.
> Saw Titanic in high school opening weekend
> Blew my fucking mind
> 20-year-old movie with audacious special effects that STILL hold up favorably to modern blockbusters
> An archetype of a story that crossed every cultural boundary in the world
> Makes so much fucking money the studio jews voluntarily give Cameron a bunch of money despite making him sign a contract earlier saying he wouldn't anything

And James Cameron did it twice in a fucking row. To nearly the same tune of critique (over-budget, boondoggle, tepid opening weekend)

Asians hate niggers more than you worship them, cuckyboi

>did one fuck you?
He's a virgin so if a black person fucked him it is only in the metaphorical sense.

seems a bit too early to suck up to hispanics when america isn't quite majority spic yet

one day but not yet

Spiderflop Spiderflop
Look at that weekend drop
Losing money? Holy cow!
Not even China can save you now
Look out here comes the Spiderflop

Oh, and not to mention both Titanic and Avatar were not sequels. Call the plots derivative if you want but at least they were original cinematic universes.

>not being afraid of a nigger on a screen
>worship

wew lad

>So in short, no one on Sup Forums has a single fucking clue about how profits in the movie business work.
neither does anyone who works in the movie business. some of the most successful films have yet to make a profit. forest gump is the best known example. they still havent paid the writer a single cent because they say the film is still in the red. they did ask him to sell them the rights to the sequel though.

Were there any major spics in the movie? The two chicks were black and the fat friend was Asian. Spiderman, Iron Man, Michael Keaton, Aunt May and Iron Man's secretary dude were the only other ones with major roles and they're all white.

haha, cuck, you sure showed him!

SJWs can't leave their tumblr long enough to pay for a diverse flick. same reason ghostbusters flopped.

>Budget: $250 million x 2

This x 2 is a meme, started by people like you. The marketing budget for a tenthpole release is ~$100 million, this does not magically increase because the production budget is higher.

So the total cost for BvS would be somewhere around $350 million

domestic gross: $330 of which the studio get $198
foreign gross: $542 of which the studio get $160

cost ~$350 million, NET profit during box office run, $358 million

your 'math' is gibberish

>Note that BvS made about $104 million net profit

Based upon what ? I've seen nothing indicating BvS was a financial hit.

What was raimi thinking?

didn't this sort of fuckery happen with LOTR too?

It's not as good as Wonder Woman, but yeah, it's not that bad. I liked it.

No one expected Terminator to do any serious business either and it ended up making nearly $80 million dollars and garnered positive reviews.

Cameron has also proven to be the master of sequels. His whole career consists of proving people wrong and breaking records.

Homecoming's budget is reportedly the highest for capeshit, 140+ millions.

is this moonman's new single?

But both Wonder Woman and Spider-Man were shit. Why do you capeshit fans have such garbage taste in movies?

Anyone who's over 18 and still watches these terrible kid flicks should kill themselves.