Just saw this movie - complete shit

Why is this lauded as a decent film?

Is Sup Forums a collection of mongoloids?

It's a midbrow artsy flick that plebs can namedrop to other plebs so they can feel smart.

A lot of people on Sup Forums are impressed by pretty visuals, enough so that it'll make up for a mediocre story and average acting.

There's also the fact a lot of them self-insert as Gosling and see themselves as the "badass" who could snap at any moment and get the girl.

Its praise is rather annoying.

cuckshit

I saw Ryan Gosling at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

>lauded as decent

Is this the highest praise known to mankind?

Great character development, unique directing style, good love story followed by a suiting OST

I don't understand this kind of logic, it's normal to recognize yourself in a character, doesn't mean you want to be them or actually want to be them even remotely just because certain aspects of their personality invokes a sympathy in you.

It's very clear to me that the reason so many people like this film on here is because a lot of us are lonely individuals. I don't dream about being a badass or the Driver or anything like that, but the film is a powerful exploration of loneliness and it's very good in my opinion.

At least that is how I view the film. By the way, it's my all time favorite film and I've only seen it once.

Not only a en exploration of loneliness, but I'd also say it examines what it means to be a human bean.

>Character development
Colorful characters played by great faces. What "development"? Is anything really known about any of the characters that changed from what your first impression was?

> good love story
The chick was cute, but what love story? An Asberger lead with a washed up single mother who needs a daddy in her life for her bastard son

I'd agree that it captures the cold city feel of an 80s Michael Mann art piece. Great visuals. ....b.b.bbbut the movie and plot were brain dead. I wasn't sure if it was supposed to be a comedy with how over the top the ridiculous "action" was

>the film is a powerful exploration of loneliness and it's very good in my opinion
Fair point, but "Collateral" was the adult version of "Drive", but with an actual point

I meant the Driver's development throughout it, which was quite avid.
Also, that romance was good, at least I find it so, because it felt natural and had certain subtlety to it.
How was the movie's plot brain dead? Why did you find the action in it to be over the top?

It is a shitty movie about a driver with implied autism that can't talk to women. It's no secret why Sup Forums likes it.

unnecessary trivialization in order to seem as a "patrician", while you're nothing but a mere idiot.

It's a good film but some people tried to build their entire personality around it.

It's a very good film, but people jerk over it too much.

>Why did you find the action in it to be over the top?
1. Driver offers services as a for-hire getaway driver. Makes sense, interesting
2. Driver spends 2 hours with neighbor and now owes his entire existence toward protecting his (imaginary) girlfriend's son......wtf
3. Driver becomes Jesus Christ offering himself to sacrifice for the man owning the pussy he wants
4. Hiram, the jew movie producer who isn't playing "the jew", is a professional assassin like Daredevil's Bullseye with knives.
5. Driver gets caught up robbing Al Capone himself and has all of Breaking Bad's villians after him.
6. Driver apparently is now a Navy SEAL operator, wasting baddies left and right with no emotion.

This is Power Rangers level retard

Is it that hard to believe that a guy working heists, who happens to be a stunt driver, is also physically fit and able to beat people's ass? He didn't even do over the top kung fu shit you'd see in Crouching Tiger, a well choreographed film and a good one mind you, so stop bitching about it.
He falls in love with a girl, then her ex comes from jail and includes him in a heist, since Driver cares for her, he decides to protect her and the child by finding who's responsible and in the end sacrifices himself for their own good, what's so illogical about it all, that a man would do all this for a girl he didn't know that much or what? You're blowing it up out of proportions a bit too much, lad.

>"Collateral" was the adult version of "Drive", but with an actual point
You mean Thief.
The absolute state of this board these days.

La Samurai also fits, too.

Thief and Collateral were both directed by Mann.
But yes, thats the original autismcore.

>get the girl.
Driver doesn't get the girl.

Guessing you haven't seenit.

Someone post the screencap of the guy who became Driver.

>the absolute state of this board

>suggests collateral and thief instead of Le conseguenze dell'amore

The absolute state of this board

Repeating "the absolute state of this board" doesn't make you look cool.

>nu-neo/tv/ just gets to see the movie that made the board
lel

>sends a (You) my way complaining about about something trivial instead of talking about the films in question

The absolute state of your life, mate :)

>why is a film about an autist popular on a board for autists

>reddit spacing