The Victorian Era was the peak of Western culture and should be our cultural template going forward

The Victorian Era was the peak of Western culture and should be our cultural template going forward

>females were treated well but new their place
>gentleman were respected
> Taxes were very low, and government restrictions were minimal
> Historians generally agree that the middle classes held high personal moral standards (and usually followed them)

Other urls found in this thread:

medium.com/@fernnews/imagining-the-post-antibiotics-future-892b57499e77#
youtube.com/watch?v=pRm9pX5Re8o
youtu.be/Kpqm1hxgH-w
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It was pretty good, unless you lived in a major city or labored in the coal mines.

the peak was the Edwardian era, Senpai.

Victorian England before the Crimean war was the best part of the Victorian era.

If you disregard the crippling poverty, lack of antibiotics etc.

>If you disregard the crippling poverty, lack of antibiotics etc.

Victorian era etiquette: a gentleman should never remove his coat in the presence of a lady...
because of body odor
people had small metal boxes filled with vinegar to sniff on when odor around them became unbearable.
>peak of Western culture

Poor people lived in dirt and didn't enjoy high class lifestyle same as now.

Yeah, maybe for people living in the 1800s, living as an upper class English in the Victorian Era was the peak of existence but for almost everyone else it sucked.

My ancestors were middle class WASPs in New England and they had it pretty good.

Lmfao kinda like modern day Romania

Where's your family status now?

Yes I know, but antibiotics is one of those things that are really nice to have.

Victorian sexual moral will return if we get untreatable STDs. Unless Sharia doesn't get here first.

medium.com/@fernnews/imagining-the-post-antibiotics-future-892b57499e77#

The standard of living increased faster in the Victorian era than in any point in human history before or since. The impoverished urban laborers, despite their bad living conditions, still realized a huge bump in real wages. They were eating white bread and tea when two generations before they were eating cornmeal.

It is somewhat an illusion. In the same time period there were so many child prostitutes plying their trade in English cities that even degenerate French visitors were shocked at the age and amount. IIRC there were 80000 child prostitutes in London alone.

Get into the Opium, Booze, Gambling and all the other good stuff and let me tell you, there was a pile of vice going on. It was actually the progressives that cleaned most of it up.

No it fucking wasn't the era when the inquisition happened, whenever that was, was the peak of Western culture.

Still well of but the world is going to shit and California is full of Mexicans

You do realize the Wild West era was happening instead of the Victoria era? Drop your fancy dress and put on some six guns, faggot

Victorian Revival When!?

The late-medieval era, the decades after the black plague was the most prosperous era for the common peasant until the industrial revolution picked up steam.

Since the population had been so decimated, people could abandon meager marginal lands and live of the best land.

Also, sugar fucked everyones teeth.

My mother and father both came from semi-poverty but achieved middle class, then blew it with a divorce. I am getting there but it is taking a while.

There us no quicker path to prosperity than a strong family.

I agree
I like the victorian and Edwardian era. I watch documentaries about it often

youtube.com/watch?v=pRm9pX5Re8o

But it honestly wasn't

For the US the period between 1790-1830 is absolutely the best. For Europe I would say the late middle ages before the circlejerk self-hatred of the Renaissance. The Victorian Era was an extended joke

>Says the man in the heavily romanticized rose-tinted glasses.

>wearing blue collar to a white tie event
REEEEEEEEEEEEE
Also in the victorian era there's as no taxes, we didn't get taxes here until the First World War, don't care about the rest of the world because you guys are irrelevant

>There us no quicker path to prosperity than a strong family.

That is why destroying it is the number one goal of the modern left

Society needs to bring back ritual, we're way too utilitarian.

Agreed

>work 16 hours a day for pennies

>this guy doesn't know about the church tax
stay heretic

?

>Victorian
>not renaissance

Renaissance was one of the worst eras for everyone in the History of humanity. In many ways it was a regression compared to the middle-age, and civilization only recovered in the 18th century.

Victorian Era was the peak of White civilization.

Romania and its gyppo slags smell like armpit onion rings

"alpha"
are you the animal torturer gypsy fuck?

BTFO
T
F
O

Too sexually repressed for me, friend.

I know behind closed doors everyone was fucking like crazy but there's no way in hell I'm going through my bookshelf and seperating the authors by gender. Half of the names are initials and I'd have to google.

Steampunk is cool, and I'd love to try an opium den. I bet I'd get a lot more pussy because compared to people back then I'd have like a hundred extra years of knowledge on how women work. They all buy into the chivalry crap, I know all they want is an 8 inch dick and to be choked and slapped around a bit during, and they'd all talk and I'd be literally the only man on earth that knew what they really liked. Now that's just taken for granted.

There were a lot of problems, but I agree would be nice if we could strive for this template again.

>middle class
Didn't exist.

>skilled tradesman didnt exist
good one retard

A large middle class didn't exist. Most people were poor as dirt. You'd be more likely to suffer than live in refinement. Just like those commies who think they'd totally be in the Duma and not in the Gulag.

>tfw the South was like this until the Civil War killed off the aristrocracy.

youtu.be/Kpqm1hxgH-w

Oh gentlemen, can't we go back for just one night?

this. They were so repressed some men, seeing a pussy for their first time on wedding night woild freak out and go celibate. They had some really weird ideas about sex

The Victorian Era was just a paper facade over rampant degeneracy

Did you mean to post an img from a show where a guy bangs a trans bitch and keeps "her" for his personal cock sleeve?

Also is season 3 any good? I didn't really like season 2.

Vaginismus was really common too. It's where a psychological aversion to sex prevents the vaginal muscles from relaxing.

We were literally terrified of each other's genitalia. At least now, with feminism and "rape culture", we're still able to stick a dick in a pussy without going catatonic.

>some men, seeing a pussy for their first time on wedding night woild freak out and go celibate

This made me kek like a mad man

*tips ball sack*

Yet this is the same era that saw the rise of Libertines isn't it? From what I know, Libertines were hands down the most degenerate fucks the world has ever seen. Maybe the Libertine movement developed in response to the widespread sexual repression, who knows. If you ever think we are degenerate today, just read 120 Days of Sodom

13 Miller's Court.

When you are having to repress human behavior to the extent that the Victorians were you have big problems underneath society.

Let's be honest here.

Your main attraction to this is that you all just want to be able to marry a girl who hasn't been passed around like a filthy cumrag, right?

Dem roasties man

Is there something inherently wrong with that?

Western civilization peaked in the early 1900s, pre-WW1 It was still salvageable until the '68 disaster happened.

It's been downhill ever since, with no signs of stopping. Rather, it has gotten worse and worse.

The Barbarian Era was the peak of Western Civilization. Anyone could be rich and have women. You just had to be /fit/ enough to do it.

No, not at all.

It's just that I realised that was my main attraction to it by far.
I mean, the aesthetic is nice and all, but for me, it's the morality, especially regarding sex, that draws me towards it.

>the era when the inquisition happened
Burger education, everyone.

>The standard of living increased faster in the Victorian era than in any point in human history before or since

Middle ages were a joke and so was ealry 1800s

When will Canada stop being a joke?

Yeah come on guys, lets bring back the old Parish Poor Laws they were great, reinstate the Corn Laws and get those kids in the mills!

When other countries say Victorian era do you mean the UK or do you also use our monarch to define a period in your own countries?

People usually mean la belle epoque.

That came after

never

LBE is about 1870 to WWI or even the inter-war period by some definitions so I doubt it.

People in general tend to confuse them. Since Queen victoria was alive for most of that part, they consider it the Victorian era.

Well then they should be brought to the Worlds Fair to be exhibited as a classic example of an ignoramus.

you forgot
>the plebs slaved away from 14 hours a day in dirty factories and then got shitfaced and beat their families to cope
The victorian era was only good to the patricians

You are ignoramous

Crippling poverty can be easily fixed in today's world with labour laws already in place. But, that may ruin the whole 'Let's go back to Victorian England'. As for the Crimean War - not that bad, unless you were Russian.

The colonials are getting uppity. Better deport the subversive elements to Australia.

This. Every woman who wasn't upper class was whoring whenever possible, people drank themselves literally blind, child prostitutes everywhere, opium everywhere, plus upper class people quietly going literally insane in their homes.

You see this is what happens when you give Britain the duty as World Power. Progress everywhere!

Britain is the only nation deserving to rule and the Anglo-Celtic people the only peoples deserving to conquer.

Poor Louis...

I'd kind of be okay with being a professional gambler.

Or with making one of those snake oil tonics made from random herbs, opium, booze and ephedrine that will cure anything that ails you.

Renaissance was when started to improve. Victorian Era was only the peak because it stood on the shoulders of the Renaissance. And even then the Victorian Era progressed with exponential success.

>the peak of Western culture
Pretty much Rome. Byzantine is also the peak of Eastern Europe

Isn't this when well bred people lined up to drink cow's blood and Swinburne existed doing degenerate as fuck things and everyone wanted to fuck Sarah Bernhardt in her coffin?

This series seems to do the ear nicely.

Every era has its rabid dogs.