Best Low budget movies?

Primer
>$7,000

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=g4BuFDkRtHU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Doesn't make any sense. Also it really reminded me of this old ITT Tech commercial

People from Texas are autistic
The movie

it was shit they literally ran out of money and could properly finish it

ITT: Nonsense movies that people pretend they understand

>Doesn't make any sense
Two friends accidentally invent time travel, they initially use it for personal gain, things get out of hands, and they stop being friends. How is that hard?

>Doesn't make any sense
you're just baiting people into posting timeline infographics, aren't you

ITT: brainlets who don't understand Donnie Darko for grownups

"Look how smart I am" the movie

Didn't one need a ear piece so he could impersonate himself or some shit. I'm American but their accents were hard to understand. Fucking Texans seem like cold unfeeling automatons

>I'm too dumb to understand a simple and straightforward flick like "Primer"

>primer
>best anything else than shit

yeah that's right. also it's been a while, but I don't remember the accents so much as them talking at airhead gilmore girls speeds sometimes. and then. thenhaltingmidsentence.

I was considering making a Primer thread yesterday.
It really was one of the best SciFi movies ever made. Certainly the best Time Travel movie.

Fan attempts to unravel the timeline are ultimately doomed. If you watch carefully there are clues that the initial scenes are already several revisions deep. As Aaron says in his narration: the problem is recursive and the answer is ultimately unknowable. In the end no one is really sure where they are, and to compound it they both have brain damage.

I don't think Donnie Darko was actually about time travel.

It's also because they're engineers. It was a very sharp portrayal of the type.

>I don't think Donnie Darko was actually about time travel.
i was quoting the OP image text

>Certainly the best Time Travel movie.
Not as long as bill & ted, time crimes, and the original time machine exist.
Its breddy gud though. Especially from a literal who amature on no budget.

>the original time machine
Okay, you got me there.

$6000

Predestination was...good

Seriously?? Wow this is the current level of mental power the average Sup Forums poster possess. This is amazing, you literally DO NOT UNDERSTAND such a basic, straight forward, shallow themed joint such as is primer. You're stupidity reaches such a high plane that is impossible for me to comprehend.

>$5000

oh god I'd never seen the DVD-cover version of the poster. what a shitstain.

>I don't think Donnie Darko was actually about time travel.
It was. The rabbit Donnie is talking with is himself from the future. He's reading a book literally called the philosophy of time travel or something like that

Yeah but I took that to be symbolic or in his imagination. It seemed too dreamlike.

If it wasn't for the director's cut I'd agree.

Fucking king

Coherence is pure kino on a budget of 50K

That cost 50 grand? I mean, that's cheap for a film, and it wasn't a bad film. But I thought it was a lot less. The set was a street and a house. The most expensive consumable in the movie was an SUV windshield.

>needing your movies to makes sense

Back to imdb with you

impossible

>ctrl+f blair witch
you faggots are hopeless

>the problem is recursive and the answer is ultimately unknowable

aka we have no clue how to write a good script

How much is considered low-budget?

Primer is confusing not because it's deep or above the audience, it's because Shane Carruth is a bad storyteller and it's literally unfinished with a whole bunch of scenes unfilmed.

wew

>a good script is where everything is linear and simple
The cleverness of Primer is that you start by thinking that's the film you're seeing. Only after a few viewings do you start to grasp how precariously unmoored the story of the protagonists' lives has become.

If you need things easy to understand there there are sitcom and Tarantino threads in the catalog for you to enjoy.

Budget was at least 60k, some place it as high as 500k-750k, good film though.

Chrisotpher Nolan's The Following

you can watch it for free on youtube:

youtube.com/watch?v=g4BuFDkRtHU

The making of book is really inspirational. Highly recommend it

I wouldn't call him a bad storyteller but you're right about it being unfinished and the budget constraints definitely show
The movie basically just throws the answers in at the end in a confusing monologue and they represent the same person with two different actors who look vaguely similar

Is 40,000 low?

significantly less than the AVGN movie

What did they spend 20k on anyway? It's just two guys standing around in a store talking

wouldn't even cover craft services for a day of studio shooting

you're just stupid and impatient

they had to buy a grocery store

film is expensive brah

This movie is one of the best examples of excessive, wall-to-wall dialogue.

step away newfags

Too poor to afford subtitles?

They don't repeat who is who what he does and what he did every 5 min. For a normie it's hard to follow.

Man Bites Dog
I stand alone
Crocodile

It;s a good puzzle but not a good movie

rofl looks like shit, is this the first mummy movie?

under a mil

Equipment, film, probably had to rent a studio to edit it in.

It's also a film intended for english speaking audiences which for the modern Sup Forums user is a change of pace from all the capeshit and warcraft movies.

i cant call you underaged because its nowhere near recent enough for that but you're a level 10 pleb.

>>Primer
>$7,000
And a good idea

lol bait level: success

> bait level: I Was Only Pretending To Be Retarded