Can you believe the fucking CW does live action DC better than big time Hollywood?

Can you believe the fucking CW does live action DC better than big time Hollywood?

Not even a major TV network or HBO or something, the friggin CW! How did this happen? They've even established a whole continuity and shared universe with regular crossover events, they've even provided a variety of different stories from grim and gritty to more lighthearted and fantastical.

And all Hollywood can manage to do is keep pinching off turds. Jesus tittyfucking Christ

>wally west
>black

back2plebbit

>Can you believe the fucking CW does live action DC better than big time Hollywood?
No, because it doesn't.

>triggered by a black guy

Fucking cuckold

It would be hard to make something worse than DC's current movieverse.

I hate how the mask doesn't even fit him on one side.

god that costume is so great.

Because it's molded to grants face, and I guess they haven't done anymore molds.

Wally West is black though. It's Wally's cousin, Wally West, who is white.

It's like you don't even read comics or something.

>Felicity Power Hour that is Arrow
>Barry is powered and depowered all the time depending on how the writers feel
>Barry won't ever learn from his mistakes
>"WOW CAN YOU BELIEVE I USED TO BE A BARRISTA"

I know, but Marvel pulls it off...outside of IM1 and TWS i mean.

>MARTHA
>we're some kind of "suicide squad"

You forgot
>not dad pep talk time
>I have to lie to _____ for reasons

>Not even a major TV network or HBO or something
Answered your own question. These shows are super cheap so they have more leeway to take risk

That's not how you use that word, donut.

Because they got people who care about the source material instead of edgy assholes who don't care at all.

Not sure about the others (since Arrow went off the rails by Season 3-4), but doesn't Johns have more creative input/hold over the CW Flash show?

I'd assume it's practically why it's been generally consistent with its vision of the characters/story so far, in all its ups and downs.

Are surprised? With Iris West being black in the show?

>>Barry is powered and depowered all the time depending on how the writers feel

Is this some sort of meme? Barry lost his powers twice over two seasons, and one was just an episode-long subplot.

In two seasons of "Smallville", Clark probably lost his powers at least five times.

Fair enough stuff like that happens on the actual show, at some point the material is going to fold and look awkward due to some movement of the body but could cw really not bother doing a tiny bit of photoshop for a fucking promo picture?

This. I never followed the show on air so I got the pleasure of watching it all in one go from Seasons 1-2 and Barry barely loses his powers where it only happens in two instances: one in which he had a Spider-Man 2 moment and the other where it was actually used to expand the idea of the Speed Force.

If disregarding that mask hiccup, most of their promos are garbage-looking photoshop jobs compared to how the actually look in the show.

He was for the first season. I don't think so after the first season

I don't agree with that at all

When you say the CW you actually just mean The Flash.

Arrow is absolutely fucking garbage and Legends of Tomorrow is spastic.

God the open top cowl looks awful with short hair.

iZombie is the best DC CW show

It's very believable, because movies are such massive investments they all have to be watered down trash for mass audiences, and even when the creators want to put in more comic shit the executives have stupid hangups and wreck everything. Kevin Smith's story about Superman Lives was very eye-opening for me on this.

TV doesn't necessarily have to appeal to the most normie of normie people and can survive by targeting a very specific audience, so they're allowed to do much more. Plus, TV is already inherently a better medium for adapting comics because of the ongoing nature of it.

That could explain the drop in quality. The second season felt like it was trying to intimate the first without realizing what made it work was being original.

This is what I don't understand either. Either water things down to the point it appeals to NO ONE or put the prexisting material that's being adapted at the forefront where is at least appeals to people who like that material.

But nope, gotta go with the retarded option.

>they have time to develop characters, so viewers end up caring about them, unlike in movies and much less the way Warner is trying to brute force its way into success

>they embrace the sillyness of comics, while the movies take themselves way too serious.. Marvel understands this, and while most studios see their movies as "tv movie tier", the truth is, they just understand comics better.

>some actors are really good and charismatic, and became favorites, pic related

>We know its a tv series, not the same budget as a movie, so we forgive the shitty effects a lot more as long as the directing is decent or at least passable. The opposite happens in DC movies: Great effects but shit everything else.

If DC movies keep failing, im sure Warner is gonna take the CW characters and put them in movies, mark my words.

>where is at least appeals to people who like that material
That's not enough people to justify a major motion picture, not even close. Comic fans seem abundant on the internet, but they are a heavy minority.
I agree. Dropped the show during the second season even though I was crazy about the first.

Leaning into the comic book ridiculousness sure helps.

There's also more time to develop stuff - such as the Barry/Eobard Thawne relationship having a lot more time between trust and betrayal as opposed to, like, an hour.

>where is at least appeals to people who like that material
That's not enough people to justify a major motion picture, not even close. Comic fans seem abundant on the internet, but they are a heavy minority.

I have a feeling the first season's success came from the scrapped Guggenheim/Berlanti Flash movie - there's a lot from that script in the s1 arc.

Season 2 was them making up their own stuff and leaning in too hard on "WE HAVE TO SHOCK THE NERDS"

I think it has less to do with the Flash being any good, and the DCLAU just being utter dogshit.

Flash is alright, but Arrow is VERY hit-or-miss (pun intended), and Supergirl so far has been crap. But all of those shows are at least competently assembled and have a healthy respect for the source material, which is really all they need to put themselves above the movies

It's painful to watch the plot bend over backwards to justify The Flash struggle to fight against villains he should have ZERO problems fighting at all. Also, the cops fucking suck at their job.

It's also painful how arrows beat bullets.

i sure do love it when a man who can travel near the speed of light can get hit with a slow punch from a normal human

It's not that hard to believe

Smaller stakes, less people trying to stick their dick in the soup and take credit for the flavor

Same reason the Timm animated TV shows were so amazing

Supergirl S1 is not CW yet though.

Legends had so much potential but the only good things were the period peices that had nothing to do with vandal. Jonah hex episode and pot smoking firestorm were awesome episodes. Hopefully season 2 becomes an episodes period peice show

They really should drop the trust and betrayal idea with Barry/Eobard for the movie. Think about it from Barry's perspective, Eobard is a obsessive murderer out for blood due to slights that haven't occurred and, due to Eobard changing the timeline, will never occur.

Keep in mind there is nothing wrong with simplifying things for an adaptation, particularly when it comes to comics, the issue is how far you take it.

>CW DC
>good
Vertigo on the other hand

>Jonah hex episode
>awesome

>Hopefully season 2 becomes an episodes period peice show
They actually said small arcs and no one long season arc.

Sorry to burst your bubble but Vertigo is DC, indiean.

I think that CWDC is now universally what people call the Guggenheim shows.

iZombie stands apart.

No shit, next you'll tell me Icon is Marvel.

Yeah I actually really like Legends and I like making Vandal a primary Hawk villain because he's immortal and they reincarnate so it makes since they'd clash through out history.

The show has a lot of great ideas but it's bogged down by... something. Too many cast members, they don't need to be all shown in the same episode. They can go off on their own little adventures, like they did getting stuck in time. More of that would be good.

It was a hell of a lot of fun to see these character in different cultures. Don't act like you didn't love Canary and Heatwave bonding over a bar brawl

Cool that gives me hope

>not dad
It's always from his dad. Just not always the same one.

>Jail dad
>Cop/Black dad
>Fast dad
>Science dad

>forgetting Lucifer

I was also talking about Vertigo shows specifically on the CW too

Is it not on CW? I just download the 1080p WEB versions.

I'm pretty sure that's purposeful so he has the ability to move his head. If they make the cast too tight, it'll basically be like Keaton's Batman costume.

Everyone was too angry. The show just felt way too angsty and I just wanted people to get over themselves so the plot could actually continue.

It's why Captain Cold is the best part of it. He's the only character who has any chill.

It's on Fox

admittedly the creators did an interview with CBR where they admitted they had a lot of pacing issues and were trying to throw too many things at once. they said this season will be a lot slower in pace in comparison, and going up against a team of four very different villains means more room for variety.

Well shit, didn't know they had two of the best comic shows

>still under Guggenheim

No hope

>Slower pace
Fucking shit! One of last season's problems was that it was too slow.

>Every Flash costume is made to Barry's tayloring
>Even the RF suit
So that's why the cowl didn't quite fit Cavanaugh's face!

>too slow
not really, the pacing was all over the place and characters never got proper development because of it. only cold, heatwave and sara got really solid development over the course of the season

No the problem was that the main plot was shit and the filler was welcome and vastly more enjoyable than when they attempted to advance it

>Guggenheim
>care about the source material
enjoying Olicity so far?

I mean, I can still see it working what with "the guy who has been helping me wanted to use my power and murder me" still having some impact. Not as much, but some. It also sets up legacy being a bit thing in The Flash, gives things a bit more of a 'grand' feel.

there's no way they won't use Barry/Eobard for the movie, really.

Each episode should have been a new period of time and instead we get the show dragging it's feet and Savage was absolute shit as bad guy. It didn't help that they kept fighting him over and over

Uh, why would you pay attention to how people use that word now? It's long since been bastardized

It's painful how lying is more reprehensible than straight up murder on Arrow

That's a lie and i will never speak to you again

in universe the explanation would be that the cowl was made for Eobard's face and not Well's

If the DCEU can achieve the levels of quality and approval of the flash season 1 then that would be enough for me

Legends of tomorrow got a massive quality upgrade in the last 4-5 episodes Imo

No, they're just going to keep writing CW characters out of their own shows in an attempt to accommodate the movies

>care about the source material

Hoky shit you gossip girls fans are deluded as fuck

Izombie and Gotham are by far the best comic shows on tv.

Flash is a really bad show that happen to be fun and that has references to comics. but on it's own the show is pure crap.

You CW fags need to watch Izombie and Gotham to know what FAST pace is. Legends was incredible slow and flash is even worst.

>Eobard's face and not Well's
So Barrys face. It would make sense to model the RF mask off of Barry's face considering Thawne gets face replacement surgery to look like Barry for the bulk of his time.

Quicker pacing would not have helped LoT because a shitty Hawk origin plot and a Vandal Savage love triangle were just bad ideas from the start. The only way it might have worked is if they got it all done in like 3 episodes and moved on to something else, but the best episodes were the ones where they plot wasn't mentioned much at all.

And iZombie's pace was really slow this season, especially compared to the first. It was good and it worked, but you don't seem to understand why.

Gotham is shit, complete and uter worse than Arrow shit. And IZombie is good but just not my type of story. Even so, from the few episodes i saw it was miles ahead of gotham, arrow, preacher or lucifer. Haven't seen enough to see how it ranks up against flash but i asume it is better. Won't make me like it better than flash though cause i enjoy that style of show even if techniquly it may be worse

>Gotham is shit

And this is why no one takes Sup Forums seriously, your opinions in general are shit.

The worst actors in Gotham are Jada and Catloli. And they are better than most CWDC

it bothers me that they use the topless facemask when he has short hair.

Thats not what that kind of mask is for

it was popular in the 90s cause everyone had mushroom cuts and shit. its for hair. not what he has

Gotham has some great actors. It's why i was so dissapointed in the show. Granted i never got past season 1 but the plot was so meandering and directionless. It wasn't even episodic if it were that it would ve ok but they tried a season long story and just half assed it the entire way.

I loved some of the actors though

The mask don't fit them anymore, in the first season the mask was glued to Grant's face, eventually they just stop doing that.

That's his jacket collar

It's pretty simple, really.
>put people in charge who actually love and respect the source material
>network is small enough that the execs are willing to let the creatives do what they want
>network is small enough such that even though the shows' ratings are small, they are bigger than any of the other shows on the network
This obviously doesn't apply to Arrow

This. If you're going to go with that, at least let the guy grow his hair out a little.

Less executives to fuck things up.

the Flash and Green Arrow have both been like this for 75 years. It's the only way to make the Flash not have his stories last one panel and to have Arrow not be dying way more than he already is

So this is the Black Flash you people kept talking about?

Doesn't seem very evil.

Funny thing is, the dude in Teen Titans Rebirth has the same cut with the same kind of mask

Don't forget that the comic origin of Thawne's costume is that it was one of Barry's that was treated to bring out remnants of his superspeed, reversing the colors and allowing Thawne the same abilities as Barry.

>yfw Johns thought of everything

WB isn't afraid to embrace the weird. It lets them use any comic story they want, and not force characters that are older than the screenwriters to act in such limited, focus group tested marketable ways.

DC has always been really good with TV, I don't know why they can't crack the big screen without batman, they can easily just get cw writers to work on a big screen version and then give it a bigger budget so the CGI is better.

That costume looks fucking awesome.

So Ive started watching the flash and I've been enjoying it a lot and I also started watching legends of tomorrow one with the time travel stuff and I also like that one but stopped because I felt a little lost with captain cold being there and him being a flash villain and all. And ive also started watching arrow but I've seen 5 episodes and it feels like a chore, a really boring chore. I can't stand his sister, the nerdy blonde chick feels like a lol so randum cartoon doing rotj han solo faces every 5 seconds and the black guy seems to be the only person I can stand besides Oliver, so should I keep going? Does it get better? How many episodes does it take?
Btw, I don't hate the green arrow superhero

Something is fucked up with the top of the mask, like it is not aligned properly with his hair . Anyone else sees this?