Does your favorite Sup Forums related character pass the Plinkett test?

Describe your favorite Sup Forums related character without saying what they looked like, what kind of clothes they were wearing, what their profession or role in the comic book or cartoon was.

Savage, misunderstood, driven to primitive psyche by society, questionable eating habits, anti-social, reclusive.

He's basically the worst person in the world- major league douche, treats everyone around him like shit, compulsively acts out for the fun of it. He'll screw anyone over his own personal gain, even his best friend.

[Spoiler]Captain Boomerang[/spoiler]

He's a man who grew up with all the power in the world, and all he wants to do is use it to protect those in need. Some people think he's boring or stupid or too idealistic, but I think that there's a certain charm to everything he says and does. He's powerful, sure, but he's by no stretch of the imagination perfect and yet he tries to be so that we can all have someone to lean on when we need to. And it doesn't matter how many times we reject him or belittle him and it doesn't matter how many times we fall, because he'll always be there to catch and protect us while asking nothing in return.

He may not be the most overtly interesting character, but he's the one I look up to the most and the one who I try to model my own philosophy off of. We can all be like him if we just spend a little more time thinking of each other and less time thinking of ourselves.

he is very inquisitive bordering on obsessional and completely unaware of how much this annoys everyone around him. He is selfish at times and melancholic. Imagines he's really cool but really he is super awkward. He knows this and is willing to be a jerk if it will make people will think he is cool. Take's himself completely seriously. Think's he's the smartest guy in the room. Has his bad ass moments of bravery in the face of danger where all of the above qualities are gone. Overall, a nice guy.

Stop that.

Well thats fucking easy since im not a capeshitter.

He presents himself as a humble everyman, but is in fact incredibly narcissistic and envious of the more successful people around him. He has delusions of grandeur, but when confronted with his pathetic reality becomes severly unstable and borderline suicidal. He considers himself perceptive, but is in fact fairly oblivious and also forgetful. He thinks that long words and complex sentences are more valuable than emotions and conciseness. He cannot take criticism. He is willing to go to insane lengths for recognition.

a somewhat roguish wannabe PT Barum type. Allows himself zero aspirations despite clearly having some. Appears to enjoy being a dick and considers himself a bad guy, though he has a heart of gold. Uses sarcasm and wit to push people away and loves to take people out of their comfort zone by holding up a mirrors. This is a defense mechanism since he is deeply hurting inside and very fragile.Completely non PC mostly to get a rise out of people who know he's right. Sup Forums tells me he's gay

Hes childish, exciteable and malleable. Goes with the flow. Easily startled. Possibly autistic.

Jughead?

is it tumblr? No wait you said he. is it reddit?

Intelligent but an underachiever, takes on a lot of unnecesary hardships, most of the time surrounded by family drama

He's a depressed and suicidal almost omnipotent being, with few but very important friends. He gets along with most of his siblings but he's had a quarry with one of them and he feels terrible about the disapperance of other one.

Jeff

It's Sup Forums.

Scooby, pls

>possibly
jury came back on that verdict one a long time ago user

He's determined to do his best for the company he works for, but sometimes thinks he knows better than his superiors and changes his plans on a whim.
He's cocky, sometimes to a fault, and somewhat of a control freak. He goes to pieces the moment he thinks he's not in charge, and sometimes disregards advice from others when he's on a roll.
Despite his enthusiastic front, he's a lonely guy that feels a bit bitter about other people having friends, and sometimes actively tries to stop them from being brought along.

He's intelligent, nihilistic, and has a wicked sense of humor

That's pretty hilarious.

Donald Duck.

Bane?

What's wrong, user?

This is all getting far too silly

Cold, psychotic, tactical, strong sense of justice, strong sense of morality, cynical, idealistic, dedicated, good judgement of character, anti-social, distant, practical, durable, clever, brave, self-destructive.

well I'd say Batman, but that's just vague enough to be any of the super cereal heroes

Would saying he's not afraid to murder help?

Born to a single mother in Omaha, Nebraska. Half Swedish, quarter Polish, quarter Winnebago. Lost his virginity at the age of 14 and enjoys motocross.

>cynical, idealistic

what

I would tell you but that would be giving away the character.

Me?

A member of a hilarious and iconic dynamic duo, he is smarter than most assume but is still a goofball at the end of the day. Relying on his technology and wits to save the day he's one of the most human hero's out there.
He does what he does out of respect for those who came before him but doesn't dwell on his past or have it weigh heavy upon himself, he instead enjoys the adventure and friends he made along the way.

>strong sense of morality
That's the opposite of Coldsteel.

Blue Beetle (Ted)

>Dylan Dog.

A hopeless romantic that tries to do good, but often times faces morally gray conundrums that leave him questioning his ethics. But before all else, he strives to be kind and just in the face of a cruel and unjust world.

He often loses patience with his assistant, but never means any harm and his verbal jabs are never lacking in intimacy that can only come from a relationship where two people trust each other without question.

He's also quick to use a gun to kill any monster that won't listen to reason, making him a freak in the UK.

He's angry at the world, his meet existence brings about aggression from everyone around him. Some books have him as a calmer character that just wants to exist, other times he's portrayed as a monster that deserves all the shit that comes his way. He only has a few good friends but they're always there for him, he sometimes completely ignores people who want his attention and he had bad eating habits.

Ding ding ding we have a winner

gotta be the Frankiest Frank who ever Franked

>Frank
>Idealistic

You got it.

thats a fucking reatrded test, as half the time the character's personality is their role in teh story. also, literally every prequel character passes the Plinkett test with flying colors. you cannot name a single one who doesn't

He won't stop killing until crime is completely wiped out. How is that not idealistic?

Self-loathing, self-destructive, actually has some good in him, but he's so desperate to feel in control of his life that he can't stop obsessing about what a terrible person he is.

Bojack?

Deadpool?

>contrarian retard detected

first off
>half the time the character's personality is their role in teh story
and those end up being shallow and shitty characters. There is such a thing as Sturgeon's Law, you know.

>literally every prequel character passes the Plinkett test
Many minor characters fail it, and the idea in the video was to use the first movie alone to see how the new characters held up on that test. In Phantom Menace, it would be hard to find one character that passes the test, even among the main characters.

He's tough and always ready for a fight even though he doesn't go looking for them. He does what is right because it is ingrained in him even if he doesn't always do it in the right way. He talks funny and constantly fights his worst friend over his fickle girlfriend.

A victim of a freak event, instead of giving into despair or nihilism, he has committed his life to making sure no one has to die again.

Rorschach.

Most of these people aren't following the rules by giving away the gender

The Plinkett Test is garbage at what it's supposed to be. It's not a test of writing quality at all, but rather of the viewer's comprehension and vocabulary.

Cynical, observant, an anthropologist at heart, addict, political, secretly concerned about the direction of humanity

Perceives slights where there are none.
Obsessed with vengeance.
In codependent relationship
Verbose and dramatic, but not really aware of it

This is either way too obvious or way too vague

Obsessive, paranoid, highly intelligent and violent, yet with a profound level of humanism in his refusal to ever decide that a single life has no value.

Lex Luthor?

Disabled and religious adrenaline junkie with a guilt complex who has no problem getting laid.

A neurotic mess hiding behind a glamorous mask that she both resents and revels in.

Jerrica/Jem

he does machines

intelligent, nihilistic and with a wicked sense of humor.

He's kind of sanctimonious and apt to buy into his own bullshit. Fortunately he's often right and for the occasions that he isn't he has the good sense to listen to the counsel of the people he trusts.

He's chronically sarcastic and doesn't maintain the coolest head when confronted. But he's consistently trying to be a good guy and he takes his promises and duties very seriously.

Also he's a giant nerd about a few topics and sometimes insufferably so.

He's Mitchell Hundred

#relatable

Why didn't the gun listen to him?

Etrigan?

No

But who dat?

It is weird how like half of the descriptions in this thread could be describing Jughead

He's an average kid who no one understands.

He's a guy haunted by his past, unsure of his future, and struggling with his own strained psyche. Trying to do the right thing, protect people, and maybe keep his friends in the process? He feels like he's been given a second chance, a new lease on life, and he has a mission now: vengeance on those who do evil.

Maul, Amidala, Annakin, Qui-Gon, Watto, Kenobi, and Jinn all pass the test.

Okay.

They like burgers and have stupid friends.

Please elaberate

on which of em?

all, but it was Maul that really through me off

>maul
Silent, loyal, vicious, ruthless, implcabale

Does OP pass the "not faggot" test?

Maya Fey

You really think someone would get that if you described him like that?

Iron Man

in the context of a star wars character? sure

It's not supposed to be a guessing game. It's asking what you can say about a character that's of substance. If it's a good character, you can say a lot about them. If it's a cardboard cutout, you can describe what they look like and what they do and not much else.

>narcissistic
>sardonic
>self-loathing
>hedonistic
>nihilistic

She's a cute, silly take on an otherwise boring superhero premise. Whose main goal isn't living a life or fighting for good, but having FUN!

If a character is only defined by their role in the story, then they're just a walking plot device.

See: Wendy from Gravity Falls. She has no characterization outside of being a girl that Dipper has an unrequited crush on.

>tells the role
>reveals gender

I don't think you get this.

You either.

HE IS THE LAW.

No, it definitely works. A good character should be someone the audience could percieve without any of the things listed.

Probably fucks her cousin, a bit of a bitch when she was younger but mellowed out as she got older.

I honestly haven't seen the other series with this character besides the original and a bit of the second and it's been so long i don't remember much else. I should really go back and watch it all

>A boy who pushes himself to his limits constantly in the hopes of making himself worthy of his dream, one which many have lost faith in. Seems to be a retard from first glance but in reality he is simply free from the worries and problems of life and has adopted a simple worldview. Has gone toe to toe with kings, gods, and the armies of the world with a ragtag group of likeminded peoplr

Bojack

Totally sad inside, obsessive, psychopathic, happy only when becoming one with the loved one, not afraid of murder (far from it), lacks moral principles due to love.

I cheated a bit

He's overcome what was supposed to be his nature and become a better man than most. He's a pretty chill dude overall, an average joe who's good to get a drink with.

All-powerful with a bizarre sense of justice

A gruff and reluctant hero who has a heart of gold.

Enjoys violence and the chaos of the universe he's in, and plays himself off as a real "lone wolf" type. Slightly enjoys the fear other characters have of him. Despite his hateful exterior, he rises to occasion to defend the community that shits on him, and he shits on in return. Loving someone has opened his old heart, and becoming a family man is something he never knew he wanted. A real alpha wolf, if you get what I'm saying.

I've only read the first four volumes and played the game, so forgive me if any of this shit is too inaccurate, but god damn does he rule my heart.

Stardust?

Pure autism

Note: this is a character description and not an insult to the OP or the test.
It may prove deceptively obvious.

I'm so bad about these because I don't know what violates the rules and what doesn't. Does saying their motivations and goals actually count as what they do or their role. If someone has an aspiration as part of their character is that okay to say?

Bigby is my husbando as well user.