Other urls found in this thread:

boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=bfg.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Lin-Manuel Miranda
boy he sure took off

THE WATER LOOKS SO GOOD

I WANT TO FUCK THE WATER

>The way he just throws her off the boat like a ragdoll
People are gonna complain about this aren't they?

This movie is sooo going to flop. Ugly characters. Hell even the original Lilo and Stitch wasn't THAT big of a major revolutionary hit for a movie starring humans with elephant appendages.

I want to fuck that chicken.

Pretty nice. I'm digging this islander theme and have always liked it so I'm pretty hyped.

This movie features a retarded chicken and The Rock. It's going to make a billion dollars.

Anyone else tired of this Female Heroes forced shit propaganda that Disney shits out? I know Sup Forums is filled with beta males who love buying into this shit, but this is harmful propaganda for a growing boy. To be exposed to media where women are presented as everything they've NEVER been.

I doubt that it's gonna flop

>Ugly characters
Filthy lies. Maui is cute! CUTE!

At this point isn't Dwayne Johnson just a given?

...No?

Auli'i Cravalho's looking like a pretty good voice actress for a 14-year-old.

>In the beginning there was only ocean... and earth... and tiny life forms... and flora... and...

We should get rid of superhero movies for the same reason.

All movies should be historical documentaries for now on.

We need more slapstick with female characters.

Has all the recipes of a hit.
>cute quirky protagonist with powers
>big guy with even more powers that she needs to convince to help her

Shit that's the story of half of all modern Disney movies

The Pacific Islander theme might just make this good good and not just pleb good.

From dialogue in the trailer I think he is testing her claims that she is chosen by the ocean or something. Because we see the ocean throw her back on the boat later on.

You would have a point if the Marvel movies weren't all led by Men and weren't the most popular films for boys. Get help

It's just a movie. It's no different from the 90's movies which we pretty shit to female characters.

Except for having a dark-skinned princess at a time when the Asian market is very important for box office earnings.

Or maybe I just want this movie to do not-so-well so Zootopia 2 is greenlighted sooner.

I like how Maui's tattoos shit talk him a little, like when they draw the score board giving a point to Moana. They are really more than just moving images of what he got tattooed, they seem to have a mind of their own and change at their own will.

Pretty sure this doing well will have no impact on Zootopia 2.

I sure am excited for Polinesian Break-it Bob

Yeah, that was cute.

I see what you are saying, but rape-it raymond was fantastic and I am okay with more of it

About the only thing I don't like about this at the moment is the fact that her pet pig apparently acts like a puppy, but that's not even been shown in trailers yet, and they changed the rooster from an asshole to a retard, so maybe there's hope.

Don't you mean Trash-it Trevor?

>disney
>flop
Maybe in parallel universe.

The image was not supposed to represent the beginning. The narrator means it when they say that in their legends, in the beginning there was only ocean.

Though to be fair, that's already a lot to start out with considering how much shit there is in the ocean.

That brief lava monster scene looked gorgeous.

DESU a lot of the movie looks visually amazing.

>No white people
more like no tickets sold

I'm glad they kept it.

>This movie is sooo going to flop

>If she don't shut the fuck up I'm throwing her off this damn boat!

You kidding? As a growing boy, I'd have loved to have seen more females.

I'd have hit puberty at 6 instead of 8.

UM. CRUSH-IT CLETUS?

It's pretty good water

movie looks gorgeous and fun

What glorious render engine did they use? I thought finding Dory was like, the last renderman animation

Those are some sorry tits.

>Not "Devastate-It Dwayne"

Probably a new one they made specifically for the movie

This actually looks bretty gud. I'm surprised, honestly.

>modern Disney
>EVER flopping
Kek

Squish-it Sam!

I'm sure when the movie's released she'll be FOTM

IT'S HIT-IT HANK
GET IT RIGHT

those seascapes, jeez

honestly i'd be down for literally two hours of moana and maui drifting in the blue, though that lava monster looks incredible too

Lately all animals act like dogs according to Disney.

whoops wasn't meaning to quote there

This is probably unfounded bitching but i hope they don't spend a lot of the movie having her prove she's better than him. Hopefully the score keeping thing is just a gag.

This movie is based on Polynesians

I liked the R rated prequel with jerk-it jackson and fist-it felix

Maui is such a dick.

i love it.

bringing that trainwreck over here..

kek.

I doubt that's the case, since they make it clear that she needs his help, and he's shoen that he's actually a god. I doubt there's anything to worry about.

WE

>>modern Disney
>>EVER flopping

Ahem.

>boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=bfg.htm

I have no idea where you expect this to go

Pigs are pretty damned smart so having one act like a dog is probably one of the most accurate "non-dog-acts-like-dog" things a cartoon has ever pulled off.

They have enough IPs to not worry about one or two movies failing at box office.

>Disney actually thought remaking Pete's Dragon was a good idea

Pigs are actually smarter than dogs.
They're the closet animal to humans that aren't apes.

Not even due to intelligence (which they are gifted with), but also in genetics.
People get pig organs when they can't get human ones.

Pigs are smart. And close to us.
We should be wary making them any smarter

WUZ

Disney and female protagonists go way back. Why is it an issue now?

I'm not sure Moana has powers. The ocean just likes her.

That's a super cute illustration of her.

Maui is so fucking cute.

Cuter than Elsa and Anna.

>Why is it an issue now?

SJWs! FEMENAZIS! TUMBLR! GURLPWR! KEKS! NUMALES!

What are the odds there's gonna be a misunderstanding between the characters which causes one of them to angrily run away before the other one can explain the miscommunication?

>"WAIT! WAIT! I CAN EXPLAIN!!!!"

I am so fucking sick of this plot point happening in almost every animated movie from the past 20 years. Try and think of one that DOESN'T do it at all. I'm sure you can, but it's pretty difficult.

That's actually about the same size Snow White was. So, it's actually par for the course.

Why didn't Moana just fly on The Rock to the island?

How old is Moana supposed to be?

I too am tired of things in one form of popular fiction happening in other forms of popular fiction.

reminds me of the moose from Frozen.retarded chicken is snowmanlet

Is there a chart of Disney tropes somewhere?

her voice felt like the same as other generic Disney female protagonist voices. I'm underwelmed

Old enough.

>Lin-Manuel Miranda
Literally who

Hamilton guy

EGOT winner within 5 years

Because Maui is a dick

PEGOT tbqh, he's got a Pulitzer.

>his Female Heroes forced shit propaganda that Disney shits out
this isn't really all that new. I mean how many Disney movies can you name that focus solely on a male lead? Hercules, Robin Hood and Hunchback are about the only ones that fit that criteria that I can think of off the top of my head. everything else is about a female character or its split between a male and female lead.

Aladdin and Tarzan

and Brother Bear and Atlantis

and if we go into non-human protags, Lion King and The Aristocats kind of

Aladdin is as much about Jasmine as it is about Aladdin. I forgot about Tarzan though, I knew I forgot at least one.

Mulan is about Mulan's brave brother, Ping.

bullshit it is, she doesn't even get a song to herself

forgot Lion King and Brother Bear too but I feel like Atlantis is debatable. Aristocats is about a bunch of male and female cats.

>Atlantis

There were quite a few badass female protagonists in that movie too though. I'm pretty sure Kida or whatever her name was actually has to teach the main male protagonist basic survival skills before he becomes halfway competent.

Disney has had female leads since 1937, you nitwit.

Milo is unquestionably the main protagonist of Atlantis. Everyone other than Rourke, Kida, and Blonde Lady are wacky sidekicks.

If you define a movie as "having a female lead" by having female characters you're going to see it in basically every film. If you use that same criteria you could say that almost all Disney films have male leads. Sleeping Beauty? Phillip was badass. Rapunzel? Flynn was badass.

ARE THE

>Milo is unquestionably the main protagonist of Atlantis

I'm not really disputing that. Secondary protagonists are a thing though.

>If you define a movie as "having a female lead" by having female characters you're going to see it in basically every film

We're not discussing disney movies with solely female leads, just one with very prominent heroic females in them. The original post was:

>I mean how many Disney movies can you name that focus solely on a male lead?

And the answer is very few.

Yeah, but by that same criteria you don't really have any Disney films that focus solely on a female lead. You're going to be hard pressed to have it "solely" focused on any one character, films have mixed sex casts in general.

>And the answer is very few.
Pinocchio
Bambi
Jungle Book
Hercules
Hunchback of Notre Dame
Saludos, Amigos
101 Dalmations?
Sword in the Stone
Robin Hood
Fox and the Hound
Great Mouse Detective