Any milfags on here tonight? Where are you from, what branch, a little about your job, why'd you join?

Any milfags on here tonight? Where are you from, what branch, a little about your job, why'd you join?
>pic related
>pic related
>cyberspace/communications support
>college, to get a career and to travel

imagine unironically volunteering to join the army

>military in current year
why take the risk for the international Jew and millions of blacks and latinos that hate you and take your women

The benefits were much better than what I could have achieved back home, doing what I was doing before. I want to retire at some point in my life and I was not on that road before.

Didn't feel like being a NEET or a McWagey, and I just decided to not show up to college orientation for some reason so I'm joining the airforce and going to MEPS on thursday

do cadets count

I'm not going for drones or looking to fly planes I'm going in as a mechanic
only thing I wouldn't want that might happen is that I'll be stationed in Israel but I'm trying to become one of those guys who drops packages to island countries in the South Pacific, like Tuvalu or something

Good man. What did you score on your practice asvab? What jobs are you looking into?

Why not? Civil air patrol or a service academy?

What branch? AF? You'd want to be a loadmaster in that case. Mech/mx/maintainer life is hard, dude. Use the equipment, don't be the guy who works on it.

>Where are you from
A fucking leaf
>what branch
Chair force
>a little about your job
Avionics technician, basically anything electrical or electronic on an aircraft is my domain, still 3 months of training left and I have no idea what I'll be working on or where
>why'd you join?
Finally gave up on being a pilot and quit 3/4 of the way through university, because I lost all passion for it, knowing I was never cut out to be a pilot even if I could make the grades, and became depressed in university, only pushing forward because my family was proud of me and it's all I had for an identity. Became a NEET for a couple months, realized I was too socially retarded to impress at any job interview, signed up instead. Most people wait months to hear back from recruiters, they responded to my application in 1 hour.

It's been fucking great so far, probably the only big decision I've made in my life that wasn't a complete fuckup.

Do you get to chose? What stops some lifer general come and tell you are better needed in korangal or some other hotzone?

>What did you score on your practice asvab?
90%
>What jobs are you looking into?
Mechanic stuff mostly but I'm not sure what else to consider
I'm the same guy from

Twinsies. Same job, same reason. Marines though.

Im stuck between going to college or enlisting, my family will kill me if i enlist but it seems to be worth it.

Yeah you can choose if you fit requirements
I think you get choices in where you can most of the time. Hopefully I can chose Spain or the Pacific over some other (((place)))

Badass. I always wondered what it was like in the flying leaves. One of my best friends does a similar job (electrical and environmental systems). How long are your days/ will they be? And I'm from a similar background, with the military being the last chance to really turn my life around.

What's your basic like?

At least in the USAF, we get guarunteed jobs. You sign a contract with your job on it, and that's what you'll be doing.

However, everyone deploys. There's been cooks and admin people who have gotten medals for valor while getting caught in firefights on convoys.

Also, sometimes career fields get joined together, so you may sign up to do one job and end up doing a completely different one 90% of the time.

ALSO, if there's a need for people, it will be filled. So, if there's nobody else more qualified to go on a patrol, you're going.

thanks for this info

You'll be doing just fine then. I'd suggest really looking into eveey job you put down on your dream sheet. Lots of maintainers/MX guys work long, hard days and get shafted a lot. Definitely not a bad general field to be in, but just know that you won't be working 6 hour days inside.

Cool, man. You out in the fleet? How do you like it? Are you more RF or computer stuff?

It is and isn't. It depends on how well you can adapt to the environment. How much college do you have left? You may just want to commission.

You get to choose 10 CONUS and 10 OCONUS bases in basic. You'll get a base in tech school- but there's no guaruntee that you'll get anything on your list. Lots of people don't. But you are allowed to trade bases with people. Usually people are pretty happy with the base they end up with. And at the end of the day, we have the nicest bases in general. And you can always apply to move after a few years.

Of courss, man. That's one of the reasons that it's so important to consider your career field. Some guys won't ever see any action by nature of their job. Others will only see action.

Now, these are (mostly) hypotheticals. The possibility of a cook being grabbed and attached to an SF or infantry unit is very, very small. But the possibility does exist.

The AF is smart with our personnel. We put people where they're needed.

I got out in 2014, I'm finishing up my degree at the moment. Lots of work with RF and SATCOM, some cyber, but mostly transmissions. It wasn't to bad. Better that I did that than continue what I was doing at the time.

Working in enlisting in the Army. I made an 82 on AFQT and go to MEPs tomorrow. Pretty excited but scared.

not really afraid of anything except people seeing my dick in basic in the showers or somthing
its a good size but when its flaccid it looks like a fat little thumb

i like you

Nothing to be scared of. Don't be afraid to talk to other poolees, they likely feel the same way. From my experience, the staff was generally pretty friendly.

Household Cavalry

kek if someone makes a comment just accuse them of being a fag for looking.

>what's your basic like
13 weeks long. I dunno if it's like this in the US, but Army/Navy/AF all undergo the exact same training. Honestly, it was exactly what I expected, if maybe not as physically challenging as it should be. Our Warrant Officer was a dip-chewing killer with 25 years in the infantry and a bunch of shrapnel stuck in his leg. He gave us the experience I think basic training should be, especially when we went out in the field and did proper army shit.
>how long are your days
Typical 45 hour week in the training system, no idea what it will be like on flight line. The pay is pretty good, no complaints there.

Honestly, from I've been reading and not only on this thread but from us military history and books there are three kind of people who volunteer

1) The one that drank too much propaganda aid (war is cool, we are the good guys, you will be a hero, you can make a difference). These guys glorify military stuff, love to wear the unirform, etc.
2) College drop outs, outcasts in general, young guys who really don't know what to do, lack imagination, and are bored as fuck
3) Top level psychopats. People who are in so they can kill other people, or be rude as fuck to others (officers) and maybe get some rape time in between.

There are also those who go for the "thrill of adventure" a mix of 1 and 3

Obviously not including drafted personnel

Ill try my best, I speak French (Louisiana), was there any international guys or mostly other Americans?

I haven't gone to either yet about to graduate high school

Eh not many. Ran into a few Russians while I was in. We trained with foreign militaries often though Leafs, France and some others as well.

4) the guys who's parents work in the military and who's parents parents also served
they're common in my area since the air force academy and an army fort are here

Damn, we really do have the same job. I specialize in RF/satcom but have to do cyber stuff from time to time. What're you getting a degree in?

You might get some shit but nobody really cares, man. And if they do say anything, just ask why they're staring at your dick.

Care to share anything about your job? Is that all ceremonial?

Rad, man. Are army/navy/af all intermixed? Here, each branch runs it's own basic training system. Would they hit you guys and drop you for pushups when you were being stupid?

It's about the same here, 45-60 hour workweeks in training. Good luck out on the flight line. Our maintainers work 5 12's usually.

MEPS and the first two weeks of basic are pretty scary. But after that it gets better. MEPS is boring, just stay awake and enjoy it. This is your first real 'military' thing. Just remember what your recruiter told you. Don't sperg out and suddenly remember that you might have had asthma or something like that.

#1 is pretty common from the southern US/ middle America (your average Burgerland; lots of trucks, guns and walmart). Most of the people I have met are #2's. Lots of "I didn't know what else to do with my life". #3 is pretty rare. Mainly the specops and intel guys.

Make sure you take the DLAB (defense language aptitude battery). I know you can get money for knowing other languages. Not sure if french is on there.

I've met guys from Vietnam, the Philippines, England, the Congo, Mexico, Cuba, and Iraq. There's all sorts.

Small world. Finance.

>Where are you from, what branch, a little about your job, why'd you join?
Funland
Signaller for HQ
Communications for the big brass
Conscript

When did you run through 35?

Hell yeah. I hope I'll get to train with you guys before I get out. You're a bunch of goofy bastards and I love it.

I don't follow?

fug wish you luck on the hat competition

Should I join? I'm 22 and I'd like trade experience but i dunno

The 335th? Or did finance just move there?

It'll take a lot of thought. I've met a few people in basic who got in, and after a few days realized that it WAS NOT for them and decided against it. They were still in admin hold when I graduated.

You gotta he ready for an entirely new life.

Unless you go reserves/guard.

I'm this user. I study finance now that I'm out.

I'd probably do it in a heartbeat but I can't stand the state I'm in, they'd probably run my ass off in the heat or some shit. Doesn't really make sense to move and then go, I'm probably just going to go to trade school (in another state) instead

Ohhhh, gotcha. My bad. They have the tech school for finance on my base.

Smart man. That's a field to be in. Are you seeing other people from your career field making similar post-eas choices?

I went from the PNW to basic in Texas in the summer. If I can make it, you can.

But, if you have other options, explore them man. You'll have lots more freedom when you're not contract bound.

As far as I know few people have gone to college after getting out. Some stay in the comm field. I know some who went into manual labor.

not sure why you are making it an american thing.
military is military everywhere. whatever motives different people to enlist.

I was too much of a lardass when I tried to join the US Navy back in 2016, couldn't even make tape to get to MEPS. I wanted to be an ET/FC on a sub or cruiser so bad, had a daily amount of obsessive reading over navy expectations on the military subs on Reddit (cancer, but they gave honest advice).

Now I'm stuck home doing decent work and attending a good CC, but I can't bear living with my family anymore. They all hope I can transfer to a good 4-year school but my sister is graduating this year and will likely choose some meme expensive school in Colorado or something. I already flunked out of engineering school, so any new prospect would be nice. Financially I just don't think going back to school is realistic, my family doesn't have the cash.

Sadly I'm still a lardass (but at least employed) and I'm studying a solid major, but I still have a yearning for the military. I'm 6'1 and 275lbs last I checked, so any decent routine recommendations would be great that aren't complicated.

My only other concern is my college debt (missed a tuition payment and I owe the feds student loans) but no private debts, totaling around 13k, which I can pay off with enough working. The biggest concern after all of the above is my drug usage, after I got rejected from the Navy I did mess around with substances again and it doesn't look good at all (weed, lsd). Some guy I talked with from the reddit navy sub who got out recently told me everyone lies about drug shit, but I don't know how good a gamble that is if I have to get a security clearance above Secret.

So how hopeless am I? 21 years of age, 6'1, 275lbs, no medical issues beyond flat feet, 13k in school/fed loan debt and intermittent drug usage. I can get shit on for all I care, but at least I'd like to know if my dream of being on a sub is just that, a dream.

It sounds like your passion man, so do it. The only things I see on there that would be problematic are your weight and the drug use.

Start going on /fit/ right now. read the sticky. Understand that you've got to get in shape before you can even think of enlisting. Approach fitness with the same zeal and love as you've approached your studies of the Navy.

Now, with the drug stuff. I can't say what the Navy's drug policy is like. But I'd imagine Marijuana is okay up to a certain amount. I have overheard people with secret and TS clearances talking about how they got their stomachs pumped when they were 16, or how they used to do drugs. I've also heard that the military doesn't care about anything besides the last 5 years of your life. My impression is this: it is not that you've had the substances in your body, but that you've exhibited the behavior. The military doesn't want people who have a druggie personality; hence why they forgive things like misdemeanors and drug use if it was an amount of time ago, if you can show the military that you're not the same dirtbag.

Coincidentally, they also don't want people who can't stick to a story or keep a secret.

Do with that what you will.

It will help to make friends with people in the military irl. See if you can find vets at your college. There's usually a few. They'll be more than happy to give you straighter answers.

I've heard /fit/ is a meme place with bad advice, but it can't hurt to try out the more common sense stuff so long as it doesn't involve getting oodles of equipment for one damn exercise.

Yeah I don't have a druggie personality, but the usage history is there. I'll have to ask some people I know, one who is /army/lad and in Afghanistan right now. It sounds douchey but I dunno if his advice might be relevant since the Army (and the Marines) take a lot more rough types than the other branches. Doesn't hurt though. The guy who told me to shut my trap was Corpsman in the Navy, pretty sure those are the "medics" that get embedded in a hospital or with Marines. All the ET's and Nukes on Reddit came off as major "stick up my ass" types who think that anybody without a perfect history is not a good nerd and probably a meanie jock or some shit, so I sadly had to throw out half the shit they said because most of it was laughably useless or already explained ad infinitum. Wish me luck I suppose.

>inb4 gassed by surprise diabetes

A good amount of /fir/ is memetardation, telling you to not fap and eat raw onions for minimal teatosterone boosts. But it's a gateway. There was a threat on there the other day that might be up, something to the effect of "stuff you wish someone had told you when you first started". Lots of good stuff there. Worth looking in to.

I can't really say much more about the drug stuff. Just ask the guys you can sit down with, be honest with the good ones and they'll tell you what you need to know once they see that you're not a piece of shit.

Much appreciated, glad to see this board has good people in it still.

>Army
>Transport

Want to transfer to int but cant hardly find any actual information about it because of MUH CLEARANCE

Air Force or Coast Guard?