Well?

well?

I read Miller's book a while back, it's really good.

Cuaron is more consistent and Gravity was better than Dumbkirk

if you only watch blockbusters he's better than most

From the viewpoint of a completely casual movie watcher I can see how he would think that

>nolan
>greatest living director

nope that title belongs to Malick

a casual would say Tarantula

>nolan
nolan has the same politics than whomever he is ripping off.

When considering he's drawing shit for not re-writing history to depict it as thousands of gays, Jews, transgenders, blacks, and Muslims trapped and is instead sticking to the integrity of history, he must be doing something right

Lynch and Malick are still alive.

outta my way casual fucking shits

>anarcho-monarchist
Opinion discarded for obvious retardation

What is even the thinking? "we make 1 guy do all the work, while we do whatever we want, maybe work when we feel like it"?

Bens just trying to sell more mattresses

>tory anarchist

not while The Dark Knight Rises exists, he isnt.
I like how there is some mass hypnosis going on concerning TDKR. Sup Forums knows it shit and rightly turned it into the comedic meme masterpiece that it is, but out there in normieland everyone is convincing everyone that TKDR is a grim-dark masterpiece.

Scorcese, Coppola are still alive

>gravity
>better than anything

holy shit

>be ben shapiro
>short jew with far above average intellect
>become well versed in quips and one-ups at an early age to combat bullies
>gets into a great school for undergrad
>studies poli sci because he doesn't see why other people can't be successful like he can
>gets into harvard law which adds "validity" to his ideologies
>claims to use "exclusively facts" and calls out red herrings and other fallacies at rapid speed yet uses countless fallacies to support his own arguments
>literally doesn't believe that white privilege exists

And neither of them have made a good movie in 3 decades

I know many many people in real life who actually believe that TDKR is better than the previous two films in the trilogy. I try not to let things get to me in general but this really grinds my gears

it's easily in top 5 best sci-fi movies ever made

As long as the Coen brothers are alive, nobody is topping them. Shapiro is a confirmed pleb.

So what? Their movies are still better than any of Nolan's movies

Gravity was garbage, one of the worst science fiction films ever made. Though Children of Men was great

Not even fucking trying
>people think this guy is an "intellectual"

Let the plebs fight over best flick director. Kino patricians don't need such titles.

he said greatest living director, not biggest psuedointellectual hack

are the insane?
I assumed Sup Forums view was the accepted mainstream. for fuck sake they have unarmed cops caring criminals and them choosing to go into hand to hand.

Did Scorsese, Wong-Kar Wai, Lynch, and like 50 other directors die in a plane crash or something?

I bet this guy only watches movies made in English.

People who claim that Nolan is the greatest living director probably know only Nolan and Tarantino and watch only capeshit.

Based 200 IQ Benny boy

Shapiro would say that.

With no survivors

yeah i'm sure your artsy director in Norway is far superior m8.

He doesn't bow to the 6 gorillion every other movie and is still allowed to make movies in the big leagues, get real, he's legit.

Shapiro is a kike. Bane did nothing wrong and was fighting a just crusade against the Zionist Occupation Government in Gotham.

He's not wrong in pointing it out, he's just wrong in claiming that makes him any good. Yes, Nolans movies bleed conservative stoicism and the patented rightist worldview of sentimentality without any humanity.

Compare the Dark Knight movies to Batman v Superman. And don't get me wrong, I appreciate both, but take Dark Knights matter of fact realism and dedication to plausibility along with its completely unironic treatment of Batman as a power fantasy, of strength, even acting outside of the law, as a means to preserve order and prevent societies descent into chaos to Snyders stylization, his almost mystical textures and dreamlike sounds and visuals along with his clearly antifascist and individualist stories and you see what I mean.

Or, indeed, compare Inception to the episode of The Prisoner it stole it's entire premise and most of its plot from. The Prisoner's Number 6 had false memories implanted in his dreams in order to get him to give up his secrets to a shady group totalitarian goons and the episode ended, as they usually did, in his triumph over the forces of repression through pure intelligence, wit and willpower. Inception was about a group of totalitarian goons, hired by a shady businessman, implanting false memories into a mans brain through his dreams to steal his secrets and sell them.

Take Inception again: how does it depict dreams? Through mostly mundane images. Grey Cityscapes. Military compounds. Allow me to be cynical but I find that pretty telling. What do rightists dream of? Steel and concrete as far as the eye can see.

That, in a nutshell, explains Chris Nolan's worldview. Doesn't make him a bad man or a bad director but I think it does indicate that he lacks the free spirit of a genuinely unique artist. Talented, sure, but lacking any sense of wonder.

Lynch, Gilliam, the Coens, Anderson (both Wes and Paul Thomas) and so many others are twice the directors he could ever hope to be.

>Lynch, Gilliam, the Coens, Anderson (both Wes and Paul Thomas)
All pretentious, "too deep for you" hacks that a first year film student would like.

As if Nolan isn't.

stop with this pasta
every time I see it I question whether I've seen it before or if I'm just imagining it
no one ever calls it out

>Sorrentino is still alive

How little movies do you have to have seen to call Nolan the best living director?

This is ridiculous. The US is bankrolling several other countries, like Egypt for example, and in exchange they serve our purpose in the middle east and elsewhere. Calling out Israel in particular screams antisemitism to me.

Coens are still alive.

i was basically agreeing with you
for a big budget hollywood man he's one of the best

Weren't conservatards on both sides on the Atlantic throwing a hissy fit because Nolan didn't include nationalist jingoism and British patriotic propaganda in the film?

Also, there are no real right-wing filmmakers or actors. At best, you'll find a few libertarians. Conservatives have zero creativity in their heads. No need to speculate that any one in Hollywood is "hiding" right-wing views.

Israel destabilizes the Middle-East, exacerbating the flow of refugees.

Did you even read the screenshot or just kneejerked into a conservative bashing rant? They're arguing he's secretly centrist, not right wing. But I guess as a leftist you can't help but see centrism as right wing.

neither has Nolan

conservatives made all the greatest art in the world. sorry.

You think Bach cared about transsexuals?

Are you using modern liberal standards to quantify the poltical position of a long dead composer?

Nolan still has many movies ahead of him, he might be the greatest living director in 20 years.Martin Scorcese is still alive

This comes to mind also

>Sup Forums
>right about anything

Imagine being this delusional that you think a board of special ed alt right mongoloids has the correct view on anything at all

i wish you dead, you pretentious twat

he has some horrible taste in movies if you look at his top 5 or top 10 he posted a while ago

not my fault that liberalism is only about sucking cock or cutting it off these days.

Should have thought about that before selling out that whole workers pride and help the poor thing in favor of identity politics. Now everybody sane is conservative by default.

No liberal heroes left sorry, even Che was a horrible racist by todays standards.

Right. Glad we agree.

>Gravity
Really? You're an idiot.

why do you think they're paying Egypt off for...so they turn a blind eye to Israel.

Do you see huge Egypt lobby making laws in America, and all the presidential candidates had to go to the egypt loby to bow down? Well it's not the same