"Teehee! Sorry we endangered your life, Peridot!" We're just sooooo in love!"

>"Teehee! Sorry we endangered your life, Peridot!" We're just sooooo in love!"

Would an actual lesbian find these two unbearable?

If only lesbians existed in the third dimension...

>Garnet hasn't made a mistake and the other CG's have
>"Fucking infallible lesbian negress mary sue"
>Garnet makes a mistake
>"wtf I hate Garnet now"

Man they sure love each other.

>implying Ruby and Sapphire care all that much about Peridot
Garnet likes Peri, her components could care less.

Peridot wasn't even in danger in the end, you fucking loser

It pretty clear that gem relationships are unhealthy.

Fuck you, they didn't know that, all they knew was that the Rubies had come for her, and the only way to save her was to play that game, and yet those selfish dikes fucked it all up just so they could, well, fuck.

>It pretty clear that gem relationships are unhealthy.
Yeah, I don't go to /sug/ but do other people see Rose/Greg as an incredibly weird relationship? I've never once gotten the impression that Rose actually loves Greg, just that she finds him a curiosity, like a human keeping a pet to see what it does.

Ok, this just getting stupid...

Who's in favor of vaporizing Earth and everything on and within it?

In the end it didn't really matter considering how dumb the rubies were.

I'll be honest, wasn't really fon dof them, all too much, but Hit The Diamond really sold me on them and their relationship.

When will they make an episode that points out what self absorbed cunts these two are and how unhealthily codependent their relationship is?

It's probably the closest thing we see to actual love in the series, though. Pearl just wants a mistress rather than a romantic partner, Ruby & Sapphire are co-dependent, and Jasper/Lapis is just spelled out plain as day...

Rose & Greg at least had some basis of mutual honesty going on, for whatever that was worth.

>So dependent on each other they have to have sex constantly
>Whenever they're near each other they can't stop flirting
>Can NOT stand to be apart even for a minute
Holy shit. You're right.

She saw Greg as a "pet" at first, but "we need to talk" established that Greg and Rose actually discussed the differences between Human and Gem relationships. Rose delevoping an understanding of what human love is might be what motivated her to give Steven her gem. So she can experience humanity through him and share that feeling with other gems. Rose/Greg is possibly the first healthy relationship that a gem has had.

I wonder if Greg will fuck Steven since he's still technically Rose.

That makes no sense.

>first healthy relationship
>literally ends with Rose being dead
Not that healthy when someone dies from murdercock.

Healthy means knowing when to say goodbye.

Healthy doesn't mean committing Sudoku though :)

One of my friends is a bulldyke and she finds these two insufferable.

>could care less

JUST

Tumblr pushes Ruby and Sapphire as "the pinnacle of gay representation" so hard that they refuse to think of them as anything less than perfect. And if you dare to critique their relationship you're branded a homophobe.

All of the main Crystal Gems are insufferable.

Healthy means doing the right thing even if it doesn't benefit you. Sudoku is an egocentric philosophy.

>actual lesbians

"I want a son," doesn't translate into doing the right thing. It was a purely selfish desire that spurred her into wanting to self destruct. Hell, look at how poorly Greg turned out after they event. It clearly wasn't for his sake, or for the crystal gems working with her. Her "excuse" for doing what she did was because she was optimistic with how Steven would turn out. I don't think any of that was healthy at all.

Wait... what if Rose wanting to understand humans is why she made Steven, so when the time comes she'll turn back into herself, effectively killing Steven, but she won't realize what she did was wrong because she's a goddamn alien?

>implying Sapphire (and thus Garnet) didn't foresee how the episode ends and that the Rubies were only after Jasper and easily turned away, and wanted to play baseball just to have fun with Ruby

I agree these two may be shit but everyone else in this show is shitter
>Dorito-tan is a cute tho

To be fair, I doubt they knew Rose would 'die.'
>Greg, let's try having a kid
>Can gems even have kids? Eh, what's the worst that'll happen.

Probably depends on how seriously they take a gag episode in a children's cartoon.

It was just five Rubies. They weren't that big a threat, even fused I doubt they're any tougher than Opal or Sugillite.

If it came down to a fight Garnet and Lapis Lazuli could easily handle them to protect Peridot.

The baseball game was just the best nonviolent resolution. And Garnet enjoys violence.

You're forgetting about the video Rose left behind
She clearly said in it that she wouldn't be around after Steven was born, meaning she knew that she wouldn't survive his birth.
"Every time you love yourself, that's me loving you"

The fact that Rose convinced Ruby and Sapphire that what they had was love probably happened hundreds of years before she met Greg is interesting. I mean she was still thinking of humans as pets around that time and had a King Louie/Ariel view of humanity and our customs. Rose probably unknowingly addicted Ruby and Sapphire to fusion

This is so fake considering tumblr has the exact same criticism on their relationship as we do here. "Um :\ this make sme uncomfortable it's unhealthy and toxic and codependent :\\\"

Just as they've called Pearl abusive. The fandom there has trends and fads and basically hate every character relationship at some point as abusive other than Lapis, who is perfect and a trauma victim.

Pretty much. They could have wiped the Rubies if they wanted to, Steven just didn't want to and they trusted Steven's judgement.

She knew homeworld would return. She wants Steven to be the bridge to help humans and gems understand each other.

Rose still understands the importance of an individual. at least a gem individual.

That reminds me of an analysis of Ruby and Sapphire's incompetence in Hit the Diamond a friend of mine did at Tumblr.

No less than a day latter and it was already screencapped by an assblasted "smol gay trans uwu" saying she was homophobic.

Humans don't ever fucking help though. Why bother trying to create a bridge if they don't really ever join forces? The literal ocean was stolen by Lapis, and not a single person went out their to see what's up.

Not only that but at that time Rose and the others didn't consider that maybe fusion with different gems had undesired effects on the participants, and she probably encouraged it because "well if it pisses off HW it's automatically good :DDDDD"

The only real threat that the Rubies posed was the same one that Peridot did, they may have had the means to contact Homeworld and let the Diamonds know that the Crystal Gems are still alive, that the Cluster didn't form, that Rose Quartz has created a hybrid abomination.

When Homeworld starts to focus on Earth again, they are fucked.

>the only way to save her was to play the game
No, that was actually the least likely plan to work, according to Sapphire.

The fact that she still went for it should clue you in to how little actual danger there was.

Did you forget how Lapis alone handled the ship like a volley ball?

Greg provided the Gems transport to Lapis' water pillar. Connie went as well even though she hadn't had any training yet, and she was the one to ride Lion and save Steven when the pillar fell.

Ruby and Saphire are both pretty dysfunctional, just like the other gems, but their relationship is so good Garnet's basically flawless. When they're separated, they're both immature and do stupid shit like this. The instant they reformed Garnet they regained their composure and realized how they fucked up.

It was the least likely potential course of events, not the one least likely to work.

But yeah between Lapis' tentative alliance with the Crystal Gems and Steven's increased powers and skills, they probably could have defeated the Rubies without much trouble.

Well they'd know all that by virtue of the Earth still being there.

Unless Yellow Diamond had no specific set date for the Cluster to hatch so either way it doesn't matter either way unless everyone confessed to them every detail immediately which wasn't the nature of the threat here.

>When will they make an episode that points out what self absorbed cunts these two are
what, and insult 2/3rds of their audience

>Literally two humans went to help. One was a child with no combat experience, and the other is a fat balding dude with no combat experience who was only their because he porked a gem.
With friends like these...

What if he jerks off?

>so when the time comes she'll turn back into herself, effectively killing Steven
> AAUUGGHH GOD IT HURTS MAKE IT STAAWWWshrrp
Rose: "Well, I'm back. Did you miss me, Pearl?"
> Pearl's horrified, bloodstained face
> tears stream from her eyes blurring the bloody stevenchunks
> "YES OH HOW I MISSED YOU ROSE"

end

>That's me loving me being you

Because compassion for human life is the only way to avoid colonization of Earth and the extinction of all organic life.

The human's don't seem to care enough to even defend themselves. Why should they care? Hey, I'm a human, but even I would stop defending a race if they did nothing.

What are you talking about now? Is this conversation going to lead into a jerk off about how human technology could totally nuke the alien invaders?

Because the gems don't let them help. Also the root of this debate was in Rose's motivation for protecting the Earth.

I imagine they're 50/50

>Garnet could have been a strong as fuck regular
>She's actually just a really weak fusion composed of two really shitty gems
What a fucking waste

...does that make it /ss/?

I'm saying, why defend a race that doesn't seem motivated to defend itself?

Same basic principle, I think.
If it was unlikely to happen, yet more likely to succeed, she would have pushed for it, rather than passively expect it.

Because Gems are the ones who put it in danger in the first place, like Greg said, everything the Crystal Gems are doing is to make up for the damage they already did to Earth.

I have a lesbian friend (and she has a gf) and they love these two

>The entire human race putting their lives in the hands of three or four alien rocks.
I don't see this every happening in real life.

I know a really autistic lesbian who's obsessed with them but I also know another who cringes every time they're on-screen. She really hates how dependent they are on each other.

>real life

user i want to look the at the name of the board, then the subject of the thread and then to put a bullet trough your skull

>What a fucking waste
so I'm not the only person who was incredibly disappointed, ok

meant as a reply to fuck

Even with all that said, it's strange that we've never seen any evidence of the United Nations, or some powerful individual country, ever trying to do anything about the Homeworld Gems. It raises lots of questions. Have they just decided they're no match? Did they try before and get rekt? Did Rose come to them and promise them she and her army could handle things?

my straight friend got emotional when she met them about how good it was for the community or whatever
My lesbian friend says "ruby's voice acting is weird" and "i like garnet better"

Why would you wonder that, ever?

post i want to read.

>Garnet hasn't made a mistake and the other CG's have
>doesn't help Garnet and Amethyst fight off drill pod creatures in favor of playing a stupid video game
>She fused with Amethyst over Pearl even though she clearly foresaw it possibly becoming a colossal problem
>She fucked with Stevens psyche with future vision
>Garnet nearly had a mental meltdown and left Steven to fight on his on his own as they're surrounded by disgusting shattered gem beasts
>Then LATER she actually DOES have a mental meltdown and unfuse just so she can argue with herself and ruin Stevens trip
>She made baby Steven cry
>She was going to beat the shit out of Peridot, possibly poof her
>She fused in front of thousands of homeworld gems
>She is the reason why all those gem monsters exist
>She's the reason why the cluster exists
>If they failed, she would've been the reason that earth collapse
>She would've been responsible for everyone's death on the planet

Some of these are petty but their mistakes nonetheless. She may not be on the same level of Amethyst when it comes to fucking shit up but she's far from perfect in that regard

Most lesbians I know really like and appreciate them.

Might depend on the lesbian.

It's like finding a straight character and asking "would an actual straight person find them insufferable?"

> I need to make a bad analogy

Analogy is a form of demonstration for an otherwise difficult concept to grasp, not your shortcut logic to prove a point.

Not without being accused of internalized homophobia.

The point is that different lesbians will have different opinions on them because they're not all a hivemind, fuckshit.

Peri was never in danger. If the rubies found out they would just be Poofed.

>because they're not all a hivemind, fuckshit.
Psst, don't tell that to Tumblr. They haven't got the news yet

>doesn't help Garnet and Amethyst fight off drill pod creatures in favor of playing a stupid video game
You mean Pearl and Amethyst.

For a good reason.

>She made baby Steven cry
He was already crying.

That's not a mistake

>She is the reason why all those gem monsters exist
>She's the reason why the cluster exists
Elaborate. That's more Rose Quartz's fault than anyone else.

>>She is the reason why all those gem monsters exist
>>She's the reason why the cluster exists
>Elaborate. That's more Rose Quartz's fault than anyone else
Clairvoyance, motherfucker. The gem monsters are corrupted gems, who didn't foresee the fucking nuke despite perfect clairvoyance?

Just because you foresee something doesn't mean you can stop it.

>She did it for a good reason

It doesn't matter if she had good intentions or not, it was a mistake regardless

She's actually more like fucking Ulysses from Marvel, she uses the available information to calculate the most likely possibilities.

She can't predict something she has no info on, like Peridot sending the robonoids in Warp Tour which is why she didn't believe Steven, and she didn't know Homeworld had destabilizing tech that could defuse her or she wouldn't have attacked Jasper head on. She can't predict everything

I'm a bi slut and I find these two insufferable, for now.
It's weird. I can enjoy Sailor Uranus/Neptune's relationship a lot , but that's because they had actual personalities and contributed more to the overall story rather than just their love.

Maybe my opinion will change with more episodes, but so far I miss Garnet just being herself without knowing there's two gems that formed her.

L O N D O N

O

N

D

O

N

this obviously

Sapphire knew everything was fine.

Gee it's almost like aliens don't exist in real life or something.

Those aliens have been around for literally thousands of years, that's a concept you're never going to see in real life and have no capacity for judging how "realistic" it would be for people to trust them.

Frankly those three or four alien chicks are basically immortal goddesses and they've been doing a good enough job protecting the planet and honestly as a human being I would want to focus more on providing for my family than worry about some hypothetical second alien invasion.

I feel like if humanity had really been in contact with magical techno-aliens for thousands of years our world would be vastly different than what it is now, not just the subtly sort-of different it is SU.

You don't watch the show, do you?

>That's not a mistake
With Peridot poofed they wouldn't have any info about the Cluster = Earth destroyed.

In these thread people talk just because...

Well most of them are dead and the rest don't even want to interact with us much.

> there's no need to have a context for alien goddesses in public view

last i checked this cartoon's primary language isn't Nipnongonese and its title isn't Ah! My Goddess no matter how much Sucrose might have touched herself while watching it

All the more reason to be proactive in defending ourselves against the bad ones. At the very least I'm surprised the tech level in SU is as low as it is. Surely by now we'd have reverse-engineered some Gem stuff.

lol as if, user
Just cuz i'm a girl don't mean you can just ask me out online DX

>could care less