Are there any good X-men/mutant stories that makes actual rational sense?

Are there any good X-men/mutant stories that makes actual rational sense?

The whole theme of mutants being minorities makes no sense to me at all.
The fear of mutants makes no sense to me.
Hell, the whole concept of mutants being the by-product of god-like aliens tampering with the human genome since the dawn of time makes no sense to me.

Are there any good stories where "how would people in real life react to random people getting superpowers due to a gene mutation?"

No

Racism

Doesn't

Make

Sense

>The universe is in danger of being destroyed? Meh.
>Aliens wanting to probe my ass? Meh.
>Demons wanting to eat my soul? Meh.
>Genetically engineered humans waging war in Africa? Meh.
>Killer robots with human genocide on it's agenda? Meh.
>Off-shoot cousins of the human genus that live in the ocean plotting the death of surface dwellers? Meh.

Some hick in rural Ohio who has a gene mutation that gives him the power to give people orgasms with a single touch? JESUS FUCKING CHRIST, KILL THAT MOFO!

To be fair, the rural hick in Ohio is committing sexual assault if he uses his powers against the unwilling. Unlike your other examples, he's also easily approached by people.

Prior to House of M the percentage of mutants as a part of total population was on par with transsexuals.

The two most prominent examples of mutants in the Marvel Universe are a genocidal supremacist who ethnically cleansed an entire nation of non-mutants and a paramilitary strike force who recruit and utilize child soldiers, once declared their own nation, and occasionally have the aforementioned genocidal terrorist as a member.

Makes about as much sense as no one recreating the Super Soldier Serum or Iron Man being important since there are something like 90 other guys running around in power armor.

While it's not a good story, Strong Female Protagonist has a decent setup. People got superpowers, the heroes and villains thing lasted for about three or four years, everyone tries to get on with their life as superpowers aren't particularly marketable as a skillset outside a few, and there are a few anti-super groups but they're mostly just protesters.

That's a very good point, and I never really thought about it like that. No, there's no reason Marvel people should be afraid of Cyclops any more than they're afraid of Iron Man, but there's also no reason real people should be afraid of Marquis any more than they're afraid of Cody. But they are.

>Marquis
what kind of name is Marquis,

you should be scared of a guy called marquis because you know he would be bullied and is ready to blow up.

It's a black name, like Shaniqua, or Jewel.

americans is garbage at names holy shit.

Most "black" names only date back to the seventies and stem from development of black as an independent cultural identity.

"Marquis" is an actual word, a title of nobility, pronounced "mar-key".

Although I suspect that user meant it to be pronounced like "Marcus"...

"regular" super-beings run the gamut from petty crooks to super-heroes to genocidal megalomaniacs, self-proclaimed "gods", and Government agents. How are mutants significantly different from that?

It's like a bigot just hating blacks from Bayonne and not ones from Boston, New York, San Diego, Baton Rouge, or Atlanta.

X-Men and mutants never needed to be part of 616.

I got it off a list of black names, and I'm pretty sure it's pronounced like it's spelled, "Mar-Keys", kind of a combination of the two.

Why can't everyone just go by their slave names?

But then that makes the racism analogy make no sense.
They don't hate them because powers, they hate them because their genetics/what their existence implies.

Are you kidding racism totally makes sense.

This, but what do you expect from Sup Forumsmblr.

>No, there's no reason Marvel people should be afraid of Cyclops any more than they're afraid of Iron Man,

Yes there is. There's only ONE Tony Stark.

The difference between mutants and other heroes is the fact that they're all the subject of very specific circumstances that create them.

Mutants however can be anyone at anytime for no more reason than you have brown eyes. You could be in line to get McDoanald's and then all of a sudden the pimply kid behind the fryer sneezes and BOOOM! you've hot a bleeding wound where your legs used to be.

Mutants present a very clear danger because of their unpredictability no matter how you look at it but they vehemently refuse to cooperate with the government.

The X-men pull shit like THIS all the time and then cry that people fear them because they don't understand them or some shit about being homo superior.

>vehemently refuse to cooperate with the government

Yeah why won't they just let themselves get rounded up into camps!

Oh user, you're being unreasonable.
I mean sure the government is constantly co-opted by evil fuckers and send killer robots after them but they're really being unreasonable by defending themselves then refusing to work with the same government.

why would you want to be called fuck boy for real?

>There's only ONE Tony Stark

There are tons more super-scientist assholes in 616, brah, all capable of causing shittonnes of trouble for Joe and Jane Marvel Citizen. Whether it's low-level like the dude who turned his kid into Equinox, or Von Doom/Pym level shenanigans, it's all a bad time for those involved.

>Sup Forumsmblr.

>Yeah why won't they just let themselves get rounded up into camps!

I didn't say that, shit for brains. This is part of the problem too, where all the racists are written off as comical straw men.

But you can work with the government to better understand mutation in order to predict when and where dangerous mutations may occur and be able to be prevented or helped.

And it isn't so much to ask mutants to just fill out a form that says what they can do. Maybe if they did a giant robot wouldn't go after Chinchilla girl when a bank safe is melted with death beams.

And mutants are just as much as the aggressors as humans are. Humans should have a right to defend themselves from evil mutants like Magneto. But no every time humans get so much as an idea someone sends X-force to butcher them.

Wait are you complaining about X-force killing genocidal terrorists?

man what douchy racist you are
fucking hitler II

Pol plz go

It IS a lot when the government can't be trusted in these books. When last week a supervillain was Not!President of SHIELD or whatever and would've had access to all this registration info.

Let me explain something to you all forms of racism is merely an excuse to pretend the other people are nothing like you so you can hate and hurt them because you are afraid that they are valid competition for limited resources such as food Water, Shelter, education, jobs, sexual partners, exedra.

X men are very realistic with how it would go in real life. The only reason why you hear only about mutant hate is becuase its a x man book, they are only going to focus on mutants problems in a x men book.

Im complaining this books about being immature in how they treat the subject they want to preach about

Mutants are too far removed from reality that normal logic doesn't apply to them. Blacks weren't hated because they could shoot lasers out of their eyes they where hated for something as simple and minor as skin color.

Mutants however are a super power lottery where it's highly possible that any one of them may kill bystanders just because puberty decided to be a bitch.

>The X-men pull shit like THIS all the time
Yea how dare he do something about the GIANT DEATH ROBOT ON HIS LAWN

>The X-men pull shit like THIS all the time

Defend themselves from giant killer robots with a tendency to decide that humanity needs robot fascism?

God loves man kills
best one out there

Has there ever been an X-Men story where SHIELD tried to go after the X-Men due to them being a potential threat? I know Wolverine: Enemy of the State kinda danced around that idea.

There are so many super-scientists in Marvel that one of the main terrorist groups is AIM, which is a thousands strong army of disgruntled super-scientists out to overthrow governments and set up a scientocracy in their place.

Bendis' Uncanny X-men but they sorta did it by accident I think and it was just Cyclop's "Revolutionary" team.

>they vehemently refuse to cooperate with the government.
They used to work with a guy in the FBI in the early days, but he retired and eventually died of old age. Then there's Freedom Force and the random mutants that work for government agencies like the electric guy that apprehended Mystique or the agent from Sentinel.