Harg Nallin' Brad Neely Show

Tonight: Baby Cakes and his Ghost Dog

>All of Baby Cakes scenes are taking place in China Illinois.
>The camera will never pan up and show some familiar scenery.
>The China characters are just off camera, right there so near you could almost touch them.

is anyone watching squidbillies right now?

Never miss it.

It's only the second episode i've ever seen. It's better than I thought.

I recommend it.

I had it on muted. The girl was hot.

>the ghost dog sketch is literally a Ghostbusters ad

This show is absolute shit

MY DOG IS A GHOOOOOOOOST!
Once upon a time I had a dog and he was black.
Then he ate some sticks and died never to come back.
Then I got thinkin' maybe he's a ghost
I have absolutely no evidence or proof MY DOG IS A GHOOOOOOOOST!

dude shit LMAO

>Brad Neely's Cue Ballin Colonoscopy

Off to a good start I see

Fuck this

>This sketch

when are we going to get professor bros history lessons goddamnit

This is the worst episode yet. Why does this exist? Are we being punished for something?

I hate that the segment is as long as the commercial.

>The Baby Cakes bit was only 5 seconds longer than the commercial

china il was cancelled due to shit rerun ratings

so this was made. no plot, short skits for short attention spans, in theory its infinitely rewatchable to stoners

No, you can change your channel anytime.

Wow, this guys is really good at making random stories which relate to pop culture.

>there's a fucking HOT POCKETS product placement in the same episode

Love these Fruit Blood segments

Wow... that was not good.

Squids was definitely firing on almost all cylinders for their 50th episode though.

It sure was a harg nallin' sclopio peepio

And here I thought we weren't getting Fruit Blood this week.

wait, squidbillies has been on tv for years and years and they only hit #50 tonight?

adult swim seasons amirite

It was actually their 100th episode, or 100th 11 minute segment anyway.

They was gettin' 'round to it gradual like.

I actually found the beginning spy on your lover and the wrong face skits kind funny.

Sorry I mispoke. It's 100.

Venture Brothers only has 71 episodes though, and that's been going since February 2003.

Funny that you would feel compelled to specifically volunteer that. As if you knew they sucked and just wanted to be contrary.

So how good is Squidbillies overall? I've seen a few episodes since I started getting into Adult Swim, but never sat down and binge watched them. There any low points?

I just wanted to say I found it funny man. the rest of it was pretty bland. dont be mean

>this is being made instead of Queeblo 002

Usually good, but sometimes they may ride the same weird gag for the whole episode. It seems like there is almost no cohesive continuity whatsoever, but if you marathon them in order, I swear it's in there.

you'll never be as cool as queeblo

I don't have the guts to skate around shirtless with a fuck tattoo.

>we'll never get a queeblo 002

I don't get it. His original shorts on the internet were absolute masterpieces. China Ill, while inferior, was still good and by far better then this and it's shortcomings mostly came from being forced to be more longer plot centric episodes instead of his usual skit based writing.

This should theoretically be amazing, so why is it not?

i had no idea it was still on

It feels forced.

My guess is that he and a team of writers have to come up with a bunch of skits for each episode.

Neely's stuff while seemingly simplistic,probably needs more time before it becomes golden.

I reckon they made him write too much too fast.
if you ever look at his comics, they're not funny. they're one-panel nothings just like this. and there's like hundreds of them

anyway i missed it but I still wanna watch it. so far every episode has been getting better. if they continue at this rate, the 8th episode will actually be good.

>no squidbillies thread. :(
Just bought the first seasons.

Sounds like shit made to appeal to hipsters.

I'm not saying it's great, but I think people have grown too used to Robot Chicken's format after more than a decade.

some episodes are funny, a lot of hit and miss, i wouldn't go out of my way to watch it

i fail to see the comparison. robot chicken has actual jokes, and only a tiny percentage of their sketches are as short as these harg nalls

They're both sketch shows, that's about it.
Harg Nallin' is more "why don't we take these references and make them trippy and weird"
Chick is more "why don't we take these references and make them edgy and fucked"

the sclopeeps barely seems to have references, the few that are there seem as if they were either line-of-sight selections picked off the top of someone's head to fill time, or executive mandated.

>We never got to see the mom

>tfw his mom is stacked.
>you'll never get to have intercourse with her
>you'll never get to have a son-brother

[as] really turned Brad Neely to shit, didn't they?

I tried watching an episode, and this show is just really not funny at all. I don't understand the appeal.

I absolutely hated the first episode but I like each subsequent episode more and more. I think it helps that they're getting more musical, which was always Neely's strong point.

brad neely was the funniest thing i'd ever seen when it was on youtube

then China, IL was fucking trash

then he started using China, IL for commercial shilling

what the fuck happened?

>I don't understand the appeal.
There is none.

We just watch it because its brad neely and we need something to fill the void of China Il.
So pretty much because theres nothing else on

He hired a bunch of writers to stretch his 4 minute ideas into 22 minute episodes.

>then China, IL was fucking trash
just stop fucking lying you colossal nigger

that explains a hell of a lot actually

>china il is trash
everything on tv is shit, but china il is fucking cream nigga. if china il isn't good enough for you, holy shit, what the fuck is?

This show is pretty good. Makes me laugh anyway.

Stripper with a booger!

Shut up, Boco.

>typical China, IL episode
Very few jokes in the first 17 minutes, all setup or character work. Last 5 minutes suddenly everything pays off and it's nonstop laughs.

>typical Harg Nallin
rapidfire punchlines with absolutely no setup. Most jokes work only in theory and fail in execution.

Neely made two shows with polar opposite approaches to comedy writing. I don't know what's going on with him.

>pony is annoying
>babycakes reduced to pants on head retarded with little charm
>professor brothers more dickish without it being funny giving you little reason to even like them
nah it was trash, there's a reason it did shit in reruns

China IL definitely coasts on a lot of the goodwill built by the Professor Brothers YT shorts. If AS broadcasted those and let brad neely just make 4 minute vids about history and songs and shit that would probably work.

i'd call it rapidfire setups with no punchlines