screenrant.com/doctor-who-peter-capaldis-salary-revealed-in-bbc-salary-report/
youtube.com/watch?v=axnWRtigsE8&t=48m0s
twitter.com/rtalalay/status/888533438189498368
youtube.com/watch?v=s3Qixy6-BdA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Doctor Whore

We still haven't had a Deborah Watling RIP edition

Youtube remix when?

ARE YOU READY FOR THE ULTIMATE KINO LADS?

FIRST EPISODE IS CALLED "AN INEVITABLE FAITH"

GOAT

>making some stupid meme thread instead of Deborah Watling edition
Rid the universe of your filth.

The deadline is flexible, and will probably get extended. And yeah, a series of scenes is a great idea.

Oh bugger, there's a deadline? I'll see what I can do.

Is a series of scenes also acceptable? That way I can tell the story of an episode in four or five short scenes, skipping unnecessary exposition and focusing on plot.

apologise
RIGHT NOW

Who'll be remembered as a better 1, David Bradley or Richard Hurndall?

That's some top notch memery user

>Speaking at this year’s San Diego Comic-Con, Peter Davison said: “I’ve been a little distressed by both sides of the argument. The people who think it’s a great idea need to be understanding. Any change in the Doctor has a big impact. When I took over, it was a problem because I was too young. When Peter Capaldi took over it was a problem because he was too old.
>“Jodie Whittaker is a fine actress. I think she’ll do fine.” But he has some reservations: “If I feel any doubts, it’s the loss of a role model for boys who I think Doctor Who is vitally important for. So I feel a bit sad about that, but I understand the argument that you need to open it up. As a viewer, I kind of like the idea of the Doctor as a boy but then maybe I’m an old fashioned dinosaur, who knows?”
>Colin Baker strongly disagreed with Davison’s main comment though: “They’ve had 50 years of having a role model. So sorry Peter, you’re talking rubbish there – absolute rubbish. You don’t have to be of a gender of someone to be a role model. Can’t you be a role model as people?”
KEK

>/who/ presents:
DOCTOR WHO: SHIT TRIPS Vol. 2
- The Anthology -

>Are you a true fan of Doctor Who?
>Have you ever written down a sequence of words?

If the answer is yes or no, then you are ready to contribute a literary masterpiece to the second /who/ collection of original Doctor Who-based short fiction.

/who/ did it once. Now, we're gonna do it again! Yet another entry in an age-old tradition of p̶a̶c̶k̶a̶g̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶f̶a̶n̶f̶i̶c̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶g̶e̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶g̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶m̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶a̶i̶r̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶l̶e̶g̶i̶t̶i̶m̶a̶c̶y̶ / celebrating the magic of Who and the talent of a community.

There are no limits (except the story must be at least 1 word long, and preferably not in excess of 10,000, it's short fiction you fuck).

>- Can involve any Doctor(s), companion(s), side characters, spinoff characters and beyond, as your heart desires
>- Can be in any style, whether it's "legitimate writing", "pisstake", or "shitpost".
>- Can be about absolutely anything
>- The main focus is on good fun in the vein of the wiki, although serious entries are allowed. (If you're going to write smut, maybe approach it with a degree of levity)

Stuck for ideas? Try starting with your favourite TARDIS team (or for timeliness, Whittaker 13th Doctor) and one of these authentic titles:
saberpunk.net/DoctorWho/DoctorWhoSerialGenerator.php
glyphobet.net/drwho

We are going to be starting an index on the wiki for the collection. Anyone can contribute, no signups/pitches required. If you have ideas, feel free to broadcast them.
The rest is self-explanatory. Format for uploading your work is up to you, as long as it can be conveniently copied across (and ideally don't spam long texts in /who/ directly). (Pastebin works well.)

BONUS: Anyone who wants to do cover art or "illustrations" is encouraged.

WE need more entries for classic as well as NuWho Doctors. Entries for Thirteen are accepted as well. Aug 3rd is deadline.

Glad you saw the post anyway.
Anyway, good, I'll start writing sometime this week and see what I come out with.

Out of interest, how many stories/scenes/whatever are set to be in this 2nd volume?

Reminder that Capaldi got paid the same as Smith and four to five times less than Tennant.

screenrant.com/doctor-who-peter-capaldis-salary-revealed-in-bbc-salary-report/

>It's a Kris Marshall boinked Adam Orford episode

There's no real limit.

William Hartnell

I meant besides Hartnell. I suppose I should've said "who'll be remembered as a better impersonator"

Bradley

Shit Trips Vol 2 needs a Sixie entry.

why does the tardis say pull to open if it opens inwards

Banter

>tfw Davison gets kicked off Big Finish and the monthly range is dominated by Pies with a token Scottish turd release every six months

God this section of the Shit Trip I'm writing is like pulling teeth. It'll be worth it when I finish, but it's so fucking awkward trying to put it on paper. You'll probably know which bit I mean if you ever read it. I don't want to ruin the surprise by divulging what it is but I just wanted to vent this somewhere

Is it a sex fic?

No, not remotely.

That's a shame

is it about one of Clara's poops coming to life

Bradley already, not even fucking close. Bradley looks and acts better as Hartnell than Hurndall.

Hurndall isn't really trying that much. Bradley is doing it in an age where we have far more video documentation of Hartnell's performance as well as many more years of fan expectations and memorialisations of the show's past.

Shit Trips 2 needs:

First Doctor
Second Doctor
Third Doctor
Fourth Doctor
Sixth Doctor
Ninth Doctor
Tenth Doctor
Eleventh Doctor
Kris Marshall Doctor with Anri Okata companion
Morbius Doctor fics

Also a "What if Moffat, instead of using the Doctors, only had the rights to use Clara in the 50th" fic, and more Thirteenth Doctor fics,

I'm working in one for 11

I will do one eventually

Good.

Nice. For which Doctor?

The story I'm doing (the one with three interwoven storylines) has Eleven, Twelve and Seven in it.

Oh. Are you cathartic?

Yes

Hmmm, one's THICC as shit, one's a desperate fuckboi, and one's a whore.
...I honestly don't know which one to choose.

Cringe

I can probably crank out a decent Ninth Doctor story in the next few days

This is the most reddit thing I've seen all week

Sounds good. Any ideas you have?

Something filling the gap between the War Doctor regeneration and the start of Rose. There's a bit of blank canvas there

>Durr everyone on Dr Who sucks but me

Shouldn't you be snatching Doritos from the Co-Op, Chris.

I meant, how many have been confirmed/how many anons are working on something?

Cringe

I'm sorry, but is that man literally an anime reboot of sixie?

Around 8 to 10 so far, combining what's done with what's being worked on. Might even be more.

>Sixie

threesie

clara in cold war

What about her, user?

remember when doctor who personalities had twitters

you people are the reason steven moffat left twitter

I wish Moffat hadn't abandoned Twitter entirely. He should have just avoided reading any replies or mentions, and just got someone to vet anything he wrote before posting it to avoid awkwardness (he did have a habit of digging himself deeper sometimes). There were some genuine bites of wit on that old account.

RIP

>you'll never RIP that dress off

They come in threes. William Russell is next. It'll be 2011 all over again.

i miss the days

The absolute madman

>William Russell
I'll be devastated whenn he'll die.

Colin is next.
He has one pirvate signing and one convention planned in the next two months, he must be in pretty good health as far as 92 year olds go.

I was just watching an old episode of Big Fat Quiz of the Year when suddenly David Tennant appeared as a guest to ask the panel a question.
It starts at exactly 48 minutes.
youtube.com/watch?v=axnWRtigsE8&t=48m0s

I'd never seen this before, don't know how rare it is or how many people will have seen this, but I found it really interesting to see Tennant there, back in 2005, talking about the role.
This aired the day after The Christmas Invasion aired. And Tennant was in the middle of filming series 2 at that time.

literally what did he mean by this

I'm doing one for the first doctor at the moment, I keep getting distracted though. Should have it done before the deadline

boy jimmy carr really is not funny

The deadline is August 3rd. Keep on writing.

Yeah, try and ignore him. Just enjoy Tennant all giddy and excited, yet humble.

He means that he's a troll at heart.

I like this drawing.

Will we ever get a cult of the Doctor, obsessed with his legend or something?
Could be a chance to get old companions or side characters back

It might be too obviously a riff on Doctor Who fans.

RTD already did that with L&M, he even turned Ian Levine into a monster

That's what got me thinking, but I meant a worshipping cult, could be a arc plot.

Looks like we might be getting comic con footage twitter.com/rtalalay/status/888533438189498368

Beautiful

Hopefully it's not SDCC exclusive and gets publicly released

I'd hope we might get some Thirteen clips.

I don't think she's even started filming Series 11 yet and there's only going to be one clip of her in the Special.

RTD's Doctor
>Jesus Action Hero allegory or a grumpy man with PTSD
>"I'm so sorry"
>uses catchphrases
>always fucks up companions personal life
>can't live without his companions
>always staring into the distance with a sad face
>always announcing that he's a time lord or some shit about being the last of the time lords
>always give second chances even though they never fucking work

Moffat's Doctor
>wacky young man or if Colin baker didn't get fucked over by the BBC
>always has a sub-plot about dying
>has a weird obsession over pointless shit
>usually the superior NuWho doctor
>always announcing who he is and that you should google him
>on the spectrum

Did I miss anything?
Am I right?

It's been done before, resulting in the Abzorbaloff episode I think we unanimously agree on was shit.
We also sort of see it in Osgood's character, who's a massive Doctor nerd and dresses like previous incarnations and stuff.

But if we take the concept away from Earth I think it could work. Some alien race obsessed with the Doctor, this mysterious hero who travels through space and time giving people aid etc. I could see a story where some alien race has basically over time come to worship the Doctor as a God and they want him to visit their planet so they can enslave him and keep him as some sort of idol to be worshiped.

Or maybe go slightly more crazy with the obsession, have this alien race go out and destroy civilisations with the sole intent of attracting the Doctor's attention. They defend themselves morally as they burn down cities and shout at the sky that the almighty Doctor will come and fix everything. Could be used as a moment of realisation for the Doctor, as he sees that all his travels and all his help over the years have birthed this crazed alien cult that destroys millions of lives just to see him appear. Raise the moral question again, "is what I'm doing a good thing?"

Sorry, sort of got carried away with myself whilst typing all that. Anyway, yeah, a cult obsessed with the Doctor could be interesting, but let it be aliens, not Earth humans.

So we can all agree:
>Counting official appearances only (TV and movies)
4 > 2 > 7 > 1 > 12 > 9 > 3 > 10 > 5 > 6 > 8

>Counting the Big Finish along with TV
6 > 8 > 7 > 4 > 2 > 1 > 12 > 9 > 3 > 10 > 5

You forgot 11

I very much doubt that. Filming on S11 hasn't even started yet. We MIGHT get some footage specially shot for Comic Con similar to 12 and Bill with that Dalek. But I doubt even that would happen because 13 would have to be in her outfit and all signs at the moment point to that her outfit hasn't been decided yet.

He's not canon.
It's Tennant straight to Capaldi

Cringe

Oh fuck.
Put him between 9 and 3 I guess

Before the FemDoc announcement I was strongly against a FemDoc. Then something about Jodie's smile in the trailer made me see "The Doctor" in there. Now all this fanart. I'm honestly confused /who/ Why am I warming up to this? It feels scary, because there's still always the chance it will blow up in our faces. And I'm not one to change my mind easily. It feels strange.

I really REALLY hope they will let Jodie be her own Doctor without constantly going on about women being strong too and shit. Just be the Doctor.

Also, all this fanart makes me envision 13 as a stern but loving motherly type Doctor. I know it's a stretch to judge her character on fanart of all things, but I wouldn't be opposed to that.

Let power of 13th Doctor fanart embrace you in a warm, loving hug, user.

I've warmed to the idea considerably since the reveal and now I'm just excited. There's always the chance they'll do the worst possible thing and make her the voice of feminism and empowerment instead of giving her her own character, but I'm optimistic. All we have to go on at this moment is Jodie's acting and Chibnall's writing. I have hope that they'll make something great out of 13.

Another thing though, all this 13 business and me warming to the idea has recently made me realize that Capaldi's actually leaving. He's got one episode left and then he's gone, his era ended. I actually got a bit sad the other day when it dawned on me that this is actually the end for Capaldi.

my only issue with her is that she looks too young, but that might be because she's wearing a hoodie.

I can see this as some sort of story arc.

Is this Chibbkino

youtube.com/watch?v=s3Qixy6-BdA

I'll do whatever's still needed at the moment, there's still plenty of time

god lord that episode was bad

i have no love for 3rd wave feminism

but

it could be kinda fun if the doctor was dealing with sexism in her new iteration, as long as they don't treat it as ham-fistedly as all the 'gays in the future' PSAs they shoehorned in during the Moffart years

also; would be really fantastic to see her in extremely frightening scenarios such as the tower in Heaven Sent - probably one of the best episodes of the show evah, and i'm curious as to how a womyn doc would handle it

less punching impenetrable walls mb?

actually now i think about it, female characters haven't been that well written ever in Dr Who, so this could really suck