Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schadenfreude
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

wtf is Valerian?

Is it John Carter all over again? If it is I'll probably end up liking it

based tom hardy memes win again

AAAAHAHAHAHAH

an movie

what is it lately with this autistic obsession over exact box office numbers in relation to each other

Ugly Cara BTFO.

Now proven to not be a box office pull, she won't get a second chance.

Sup Forums is Sup Forums now

You can't open two big budget movies on the same weekend, it just doesn't work. One is invariably going to get creamed, and even the one that comes out on top is going to under perform compared to other openings.

it's the only "backup" that shitposters have

thanks be to god

Haha that's what they get for trying to make an original movie. Next time they'll spend the money on another Star Wars prequel spinoff instead. People don't want anything new, lol btfo

why are comic book movies GOATtier when it comes to box office

Max Landis pls

>lately
hello newfriend

55 million for the most hyped director currently active when the studio could've earned double that by hiring some dude had some independent film succeed last year and have him make a movie about the silver surfer or whatever

Well there are is almost no showings for Valerian in my area. Each theater has 4 showings for it each day while Dunkirk each has 12+ showings. Compared against that, I can only think that Valerian is doing well for how hard theaters are forcing you to not see the it vs Dunkirk.

Normally I'd agree with this, but I saw it today and it was THAT bad.
The acting was terrible and it had zero pacing.

Good! Fuck that video game cgi trash with those two subhuman dykes. It deserves to eat shit and die just like Luc Besson that overrated shit breather.

Original shit is just as shit as rehash shit.

It hasn't even opened in Europe yet - you know the continent that actually gives a shit about WW II unlike you Amerifatskis who just came in two weeks before it was all over.

Wtf are you talking about ?? Valerian is based on a comic book from France. It's worse than cape shit it's euro-capeshit

Good. Valerian is a CGI mess with a fashion model and the autistic villain from amazing spiderman as the lead roles
It's like if Melania Trump and Jesse Eisenberg got their own movie

I will go see Dunkirk, hopefully it's comfy warkino

Eurocucks would all be speaking German had America not intervened and bombed the fuck out of them, and the world would be a much better place.

Why is a movie about cowardice so popular?

Yeah, she can stretch out her time as an actor by acting as a cocksleeve for directors and producers but she's never going to be truly famous.

>spend your time on a job that involves policing fucking planet-cities
>running and doing crazy shit in a god damn full-body armored suit
>still have fat on your body and your muscles have magically never grown
God damnit, if i did their job i wouldn't escape getting sculpted like a Greek god even if i actively tried not to.

I bet we see a valerian 2 but not a dunkirk 2

>original
It's a comic book adaptation.

War movies are the only movies really worth going to the pictures for, it's about the gritty combat experience

>retards think a movie isn't original because it's based on a book
That's how dumb you are.

>had America not intervened and bombed the fuck out of them
America bombed fuckall in Germany. It was the Brits that did the bombing and the Russkies zerg rushed them with first infantry 150 battalions of mongolian rape dogs, personally handpicked by Stalin himself on land.
You are confusing them with the Japs. Amerifatskis only helped with logistics in Europe.

Its not original. Its based on a book you stupid fuck. Stop spreading this like its true.

t. delusion

What is "original" then? Because none of the concepts are really original at this point, specially considering that the comic book is 50 years old.

Read a history book for once, retardo. I mean a good one. Not the trash they feed you with in #1 MURIKAH FUCK YEAH

MEN BTFO

>what is it lately with this autistic obsession over exact box office numbers in relation to each other

It's almost as if market losses and gains determine the future of an industry.

Good. Quality movies should fail and western society should collapse under the weight of the degeneracy.

>industry
Shouldn't be an industry, should be an art form. Van Gogh couldn't sell shit, he determined the future of his art form though.

I mean I agree with what you're saying, but the reality of it is a painting is cheaper to create than a movie, so the industry side of it is pretty important.

anyone who thought this movie would be a success is an idiot

not even saying it's bad, i haven't seen it, i just don't understand how any movie exec thought this would make money

Cara is ugly cute, like a Pug.

She didn't sleep her way to her job, her family bought it for her. They own GQ/Vogue/Vanity Fair, have influence on the Daily Mail, and just lots of connections in general, they basically manufactured her entire career.

Who didn't see this coming. Everyone knew it would bomb the second it was announced.

It's not Disney, it's not capeshit, it's not nostalgic. Audiences won't accept it

Film has no option other than being an industry, because of what producing a movie entails. It's a shame, because it means there's higher stakes and therefore, less risks, but it's true.
That's why literature will always be the freest form of art.

>WW2
>Doesn't show Americans kicking everyone's ass

I see bolan is back to making science fiction

>good movie ignored
>bad movies making a lot of money
Woah, what a twist

What is the good movie being ignored? Spider-Man?

>valerian 2

>cape shit

americans ...
not everything is capeshit related it's a cartoon like tintin or mortimer
faggot

>Thinking China won't save

My Chinese brothers know what to do

What is Dunkirk 2 storyline? How all the French surrender? Hitler stroll in Paris>

5th element had a dissapointing box office and was considered a failure by critics at the time.

now plebs both at reddit and Sup Forums seem to love it for some reason.

red dit

budget :86 M
box office: 263 M

what a disapointement

Well, this is kind of expected.
Just because it is original and has a large budget doesn't mean it will be a good movie to watch in theaters. Sure, it will be a glamours TECH DEMO to see how good CGI has come, but it probably is boring as fuck to watch.

Also, they could've just used the money and put more money into the plot instead of cgi.

>Implying anyone thought it would be good

>to see how good CGI has come
maybe to see how good CGI has come 5 years ago

>to see how good CGI has come
The CGI looks the same as any other CGI from the past 10 years

>original scifi movie that is neither capeshit nor a fucking remake
>be happy when it fails

you're a moron

paid 11 dollars to see both Valerian and Dunkirk.

Valerian is hot garbage. Some of the creature designs are cool, but since it all CGI it makes it less cool as it not like "How in the fuck did they make that work."

While Dunkirk is the best war film in almost 20 years. It fucking brilliant.

Hahaha Fuck delevigne.

Dunkirk was amazing

it is actually the french version of GotG

>Original
Based off a comic

>>original scifi movie that is neither capeshit nor a fucking remake
it's not a remake and it's just as bad as capeshit

5th element made only 60 million local, with a 90 million budget. Critics HATED it.

Somehow, nowadays media spin it as it was a huge success.

It made 200 million overseas and tons of money in residual income. Still makes millions each year for all involved.

If it wasn't for America Ukuck would have fallen in 1940
Then Hitler goes against single front USSR oh and no lend lease either because le fuck America. Whoops look like you lost your little war.

americans are just slow at catching up with the latest worldwide tendencies, because they live in such an isololated, backwards, conservative place

t.everybody

fugly*

War movies are shit.
Read a book with primary sources instead of hollyjew and hack nolan using stories of others misery for profit and """""""""art"""""""""

I knew it would bomb but this is next level

Just came back from Valerian.
Pure Kino imo.
It's a movie that many sci-fi genres will borrow from for years.

> Dunkirk
I've seen enough war movies for a lifetime but I guess, given the time and nature of things, the general populous enjoys yet another installment.

Valerian was nice and comfy. Theatre wasn't packed. Laid back in nice leather recliners. Aired in the theatres high end room but was regular priced. Really enjoyed the experience as did other comfy patrons.

>Original
>Based on a comic book from 1967 that has been already ripped off by countless of films, including Star Wars.

The comics are original. Making a movie about them in 2017 isn't at all.

expect them to make what money they get from the first weekend, because word is going to get out quick that this movie was boring af.

since I like John Carter and am planning on seeing Valerian, it probably is.

look at how many chances Gal Gadot got though

She's a jew though.

Why are you laughing? There wasn't really a hype train for this movie especially not on Sup Forums so who are you even laughing at?

Most i saw on Sup Forums were anons unenthusiastically hoping it did well as it seemed work had gone into it. However no one that i saw thought it looked or was expected to be a blockbuster.

So I'm genuinely perplexed as to who you're laughing at here.

lmao a ukulele man she's so quirky and wacky dude lets give her more leading roles in every expensive films about subjects we love there's no way it'll tank and ruin a franchise before it even begins

It's capeshit, you mongoloid. I wouldn't exactly call adaptations something original, especially since the comic is pretty beloved in France. It's like saying Wonder Woman is an original film

i'll never understand what causes plebs to dislike some perfectly fine shit, and love some stupid boring bullshit.

is like someone toss a coin to decide and everybody else follows his lead

Nice, so Wonder Woman was an original movie? This is how retarded you sound

>ITZ NOR ORIGINOL!!!!!!! ITZ BASED OFF KOMIC BOOOOOOOOK!!!!!!

It's based on some old french comic that nobody's ever heard of, that's about as original as you can expect these days. At least it's not a fucking reboot.

Is this adjusted for inflation?

>i havent heard of it so no one has

Dan Dehaan is horribly miscast for Valerian
What were they thinking casting a twink as a chad?
Kara's well just being Kara

He's laughing because you movie is fucking garbage and deserves to fail

>he doesn't realize that the word 'nobody' in this context is merely a hyperbolic figure of speech

How fucking dumb are you? And don't assume that I'm some fucking mart sharting amerilard.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schadenfreude

Welcome to Sup Forums.

Dude, I know the comic. But that shit ain't well known nowadays outside of France. Even in Frogland I'd say you can catch a lot of people who don't know it at Angoulême.

When I saw the trailer I thought to myself
>Who on earth thought it was a good idea to pump millions of dollars into this?
It honestly looks like a designated incredibly generic scifi flop that thinks it's way bigger than it really is
What the absolute fuck are producers thinking?

If you're going to adapt sci-fi BDs why not just go balls-deep and tackle The Metabarons?

>lmao a ukulele

that's actually a cuatro, not an ukulele.

Isn't Valerian some GOT shit? Lmao glad that normie franchise is burning

I haven't seen enough War movies

Dunkirk isn't boring