You think we're gonna see a reboot in our life time?

you think we're gonna see a reboot in our life time?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uUPyhn9FTLI
youtu.be/zkC_K5XPlx0?t=2m35s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

not in any lifetime

In 20 years or so I can see them doing a more faithful TV version w a GoT budget

I hope not. It'll be a politically correct, progressive parody of the original movies.

You have to stop.

t. nu-male reddit cuck

Original trilogy ran for more than 12 hours in extended edition and not a single nigger in a single scene.

It would never be allowed again.

Sure, but nothing will ever top the originals by Jackson.

IDRIS ELBA AS ARAGORN

Rihanna as Legosass

>John Boyega as Gibsme

yes goy with 80% of the cast negroes

Chris Tolkien won't allow movies ever again.

shieet, we some kinda fellowship of the ring?

What would the nigga term for "Fellowship of the Ring" be?

Doubt it.
Say what you want about these movies, but they will stand the test of time as something very special in cinema.

Fellowship is so damn comfy. You pop these movies in and just zone out, listening to that amazing score, and you feel transported into middle earth. I absolutely love these films.

Brothas of da Bling

The lit af 100% squad goals *praying hands emoji*

Due out 2022

Frodo - Donald Glover
Sam - Daniel Kaluuya
Merry - Ice Cube
Pippin - Kevin Hart
Gandalf - Djimon Hounsou
Bilbo - Martin Freeman
Legolas - Taye Diggs
Aragorn - Jamie Foxx
Boromir - Mahershala Ali
Gimli - Forest Whitaker
Arwen - Bella Thorne
Saruman - Christoph Waltz
Wormtongue - Trevante Rhodes
Theoden - Lawrence Fishbourne
Faramir - John Boyega
Eomer - Anythony Mackie
Galadriel - Emma Watson
Haldir - Ewan Mcgreggor
Elrond - Tyler Perry
Eowyn - Keira Knightley
Lurtz - Idris Elba
Gollum - Maisie Williams
Mouth of Sauron - Daisy Ridley
Treebeard -Whoopi Goldberg
Denethor - Denzel Washington
Tom Bombadil - Chris Tucker

nigga is 92, wouldn't be surprised if he died _tonight_

Chris Tolkien is old as fuck

It's definitely long overdue. It's incredible how outdated LOTR looks in 2017. Like, you look at that poster and all you see is white males with a few white women sprinkled on top as eye candy.

It's 2017, that's not how the work looks like anymore thank god, and I think it's long overdue that our media is starting to reflect that. Give me a black female Gandalf, give me a Shire that is actually inhabited by people of all races instead of this problematic white fantasy of a homogenous society.

I think we can really do a lot better than that in 2017, and since LOTR is such a popular franchise a reboot can't come soon enough so that the younger generation can grow up with a vision of the world in which everybody belongs.

Tha lawd o' dem rangs tha fellas o' tha ring

>IDRIS ELBA AS ARAGORN

>Frodo is a female
>Sam is a white man cuck servant of female Frodo
>Legolas is female mary sue elf
>Gandalf is a hermaphrodite
>Boromir is a weak white male
>Merry or Pippin is asian
>Gimli played by Jon Snow
>Arwen is a blonde blue eye white female that chooses to love a person of another race (black men)
>celebrity cameos everywhere

But he's still in charge. Watch as he makes it part of the contracts for the Tolkien Estate.

Here's your (You), you fucking dipshit.

Not a racism joke: They probably had some black guys playing Orcs. No way to tell.

Kek. Winnar

It's very troublesome to see that calls for inclusivity are still met with this much uncalled-for aggression.

I know that society is changing, many Western countries are in a transitional stage right now and that can be scary sometimes, but I want you to know that things are going to be fine, user. Diversity is our great strength.

fuck off

GoT is modern and how many black people can you count? Greyworm and a couple of pirates

Lurk more newfag

>featuring pic related as boromir
>all orcs are Aryan men

I'd like to see a remaster when the CG looks outdated, but it holds up well atm

i think it might be the oppsoite, that they'll make a CGI heavy lord of the rings that's even further away from the books. I can even imagine the director during the promotion say some shit like "i want to remind people that the films are only inspired by the books, we're not trying to remake Jacksons trilogy here, i want to make something fresh and different"

OR they'll disney - star wars it up and expand on the Jackson universe with films about a young aaragorn / follow some random gondor soldiers heroic sacrifice

>Eight (8) fellowship members survive
>Gandalf can't do magic
>Le gandy is invincible
What a shitshow

literally /ourguy/

If there is someone with enough ambition, courage and resources to do it, then maybe. Money making people wont be interested of a fantasy films based on a book nobody under 40 has read.

youtube.com/watch?v=uUPyhn9FTLI

THE NEGRO-IFICATION OF LOTR HAS ALREADY BEGUN, YOU CAN NOT STOP THE TIDE

>Mouth of Sauron - Daisy Ridley

Kek. I could see that., and without any makeup or CG too.

A lot of them were local New Zealanders, including the native folk. You can see a lot of them in the behind the scenes videos.

What and there's NO black guys in New Zealand?

Like it's not a niche that somebody would make a living filling as one of the few black background extras who lives in NZ?

WE

if they were to make it today this would unironically be the cast

Why the hell would New Zealand want them?

>Arwen is a blonde blue eye white female that chooses to love a person of another race (black men)
They wouldn't be so obvious. It'd be an orc or a dwarf

If he really wanted to fuck them over he'd make it public domain.

They were trying to grab its price.

they also had women play warriors, they'd just put fake beards on them. Yes, Eowyn was not the only female warrior

Yes, and that's fine. But in the actual movie they're all men.

>Whoopi Goldberg.
My sides.
In GoT it is the females who are leading now.

I sure hope not
they already violated The Hobbit, I don't want to see the same thing happen to one of the most incredible pieces of cinema of the past 50 years

Without this transition, Europe will not survive.

>Legolas is female mary sue elf
So literally all they change is his gender?

I hope not. I know fans of the books get autistic about Jackson's changes, but for the most part, they were improvements. A more faithful adaptation would have much less dramatic tension for most of it, and characters that are flat as fuck. Tolkien's writing style works for an epic novel, but not a movie. There's a reason CS Lewis would get tired of Tolkien's readings.

>reminder that he can walk on snow in the book and never needs to sleep
>the number of kills contest at helms' deep is in the book

Absolutely. Not a doubt in my mind. However, by they time they decide to do it nearly all of Hollywood will be owned by Chinese companies so it'll be an all asian take on it with shitloads of asian mythology shoved into it.

It probably won't even be released here at the rate that Hollywood is pigeonholing itself into capeshit to get good domestic numbers.

I'd gladly watch a long and slow drawn out story focused more on world building than plot but I'm probably on the autism spectrum

>Gollum - Maisie Williams

My fucking sides.

>mfw nearly all those black actors are almost all really old and ready to retire/die in 10 years

Fuck. Same shit's happening on the white end of the spectrum too.

I think they're gonna Marvel them up.

Have you seen the "Middle Earth" games that are being put out lately? Shadow of Mordor was extremely well received, and they're doing a sequel. It's full of """"funny"""" quips.

youtu.be/zkC_K5XPlx0?t=2m35s

That would be delicious

I actually like that they're doing a more Warhammer 40k approach on the Orks being comic relief in Shadow of War.

The gameplay is what matters more though. Shadow of Mordor got boring as fuck so fast. Shadow of War is one of the few games that even garnered my interest this last E3. If they can make it a bit more varied that game could be damn good.

For when people film stuff there but the setting has black people in it.

Brah, you can't bogart a copyright forever.

Meant for

If it can be sold (yes). Surprised there already isn't one.

dumbass kirby poster

You kinda can now.

They have taken everything from us. Please God don't let them take Lord of the Rings.

I really really REALLY hope NOT

They better fucking have Cate Blanchett riverdance as Galadriel in the reboot

Well, quit not shooting Hollywood executives for silly reasons like movies.

>DRUMPFY!
>YOU TOOK MY SCOOPS AND PEEPEED ON MY FACE DRUMPFILTH!
>PREPARE TO DIE!
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

what did Groshbert Single Scoop mean by this?