Why are people so hell-bent on comparing this to Drive? The movies are tonally completely different

Why are people so hell-bent on comparing this to Drive? The movies are tonally completely different.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WA9lfxbaHvk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Right. Because Drive was good and this is Wright's worst work to date.

>Because Drive was good

You are wrong.

Because of all the cool jackets, duh

Refn is a genius.

Baby Driver, I haven't seen it but I can just tell, is typical Edgar Wright bollocks from a director so far up his own ass.

Because of the obvious similarities. He may have had the idea for decades before he made the film but he obviously borrowed pretty heavily from Drive.

If you dislike Drive but enjoy this movie, you don't actually have any kind of real understanding of/passion for film

Because they haven't seen a lot of movies and don't realize that Drive and Baby Driver share the same influences, movies like Walter Hill's The Driver, The Stunt Man, Thief, etc. etc.

They actually think Drive is some kind of original masterwork.

I really liked they way that bimbo from op pic was walking in this movie, this kind of walking like from Blurred lines clip, is it called cat walk?

How big is the box Jamie is standing on? Jesus.

based Russiaposter

My H1B interviever said that I am fluent

what is this way of walking called?

joh and his hammaconda

he looks so fucking good

(no homo)

I am 3/10 myself and every time I see this mofo I am miri'

be american screen writer
>we need car chasing scene in big city during rush hours
>say no more!

CUZ A THING HAPPEN IN PLOT IN ONE MOVIE AND THING HAPPEN IN PLOT OF OTHER MOVIE SO MOVIEZ ALIKE!!!!!!!!!!

Can we get this hot-head outta here?!

>male protag
>drives a car
>wears clothing
>love-interest
>completely different

Try again, sweetie.

Drive is Refn's worst work too. I bet you've never even seen any of his pre-Drive films.

He was some sort of a daddy issues dream in this movie.

why the fuck did punisher and asian guy disappeared?

>asian guy disappeared
Nigger we saw his body in a trunk with a bullet in his head.

oh yeah forgot

i just remembered punisher disappeared and then went 'oh yeah flea and asian dude also wasnt in the movie after'

dude was funny

Because it's Drive if it was rewritten for normies.

Its because its a similar genre. What they don't realize is that Drive isn't the first movie to use gettaway drivers

it literally is

same way star wars was the first ever female protagonist

stay plebian

it's a challenger srt hellcat, it'll smoke 95% of police cars

youtube.com/watch?v=WA9lfxbaHvk
sorry you are as autistic as edgar wright

Hamm had real nice haircut in the film

I don't think you understood his point. Nobody is doing any "getaways" in Atlanta.

the face of a completely normal and neurotypical person

>saving that picture
>claiming to not be autistic
if you're implying I should be embarrassed how I look, then I'd say you're projecting

He had GQMF aesthetic. Jealous as fuck.

Why is Sup Forums keep shilling this movie? I honestly thought it's just another fast and furious/need for speed type of movie for young kids. Lots of shoot bangs and car chases.

Does it actually have some merit to compare to Drive?

no i don't expect you to be embarrassed. after all you shill your videos on Sup Forums despite the only feedback you get on them being how cringey they are. it's not like autists feel shame or embarrassment when they wipe out in social situations, they're oblivious to it, like you.

not looking at the thread again btw. the last word you try to edge in will be as shouted into the void as your autistic mumblings to yourself ;)

>movie just came out
>why are people talking about it?
Also, Drive isn't that fucking good.

Any movie has merit compared to Drive.

Because people lack any cinematographic culture and don't know movies made before the 80's or outside America and they believe that just because a recent movie shares some basic archetypes and themes with an older movie it makes it a knock-off.

B-but thats the worlds end

He said "worst" not "best".

drive is better but it's still a edgar wright film (though too twee and prescious)

The most popular Edgar Wright film isn't even his.

You could revert it and you could get an accurate ranking for all his movies.

Punisher didn't disappear, he just never worked with Doc again.
The Asian in Home Invasion got merced for his stupidity, they showed his body in the car trunk

yeah i forgot about bats killing him

just felt abrupt in my memory like Punisher never coming back. He was a good character

Hot Fuzz is the funniest

Punisher disappearing was a joke. His last line is "If you don't see me again it means I'm dead." We don't see him again, so he died.

both about driving and organized crime, and both main characters are autists.

drive had way, way better art direction though