6 years later, can somebody please explain to me what the fuck these lines meant?

6 years later, can somebody please explain to me what the fuck these lines meant?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wSRylVSfxyw
youtube.com/watch?v=yeMGMmJFL-4
youtube.com/watch?v=-prrKxukK08
youtube.com/watch?v=XU9UideeyPw
youtube.com/watch?v=4iyvvT-8m3c
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

no, we can't
it's just poetry

>It would be extremely painful, for you.

You're welcome.

P O T T E R Y

>If I pull that off, will you die

CIA is asking if he were to remove the mask, likely by force, if Bane would perish due to it

>It would be extremely painful
Bane states that such an action would result in great pain

>You're a big guy
CIA delivers a multilayered statement, while it may seem initially that he is stating that his high level of physical power would allow him to withstand any amount of pain that such a mask removal would entail but it is also a compliment to his dedication and also to his intelligence of getting on his plane outside of CIA's flight plan.

>For you

with this line Bane turns all the tables against CIA, the hunter became the hunter, with these two words, he delivers more than can possibly be said. It would be painful for CIA, for he would not only be removing Bane's mask in the physical sense, assuredly a difficult task, but a metaphorical one, to become close to Bane, to know Bane like no CIA has ever done, that would be extremely painful, for to do such a thing would to betray all the teachings of momma CIA.

It's not a hard discussion to understand

I also can't believe I spent 5 minutes typing this

youtube.com/watch?v=wSRylVSfxyw

Bane will hurt CIA man if CIA man touches his mask.

It checks out.

>CIA man thinks he's responding to his question
>Bane is actually threatening him
Not that hard to understand desu

youtube.com/watch?v=yeMGMmJFL-4
youtube.com/watch?v=-prrKxukK08
youtube.com/watch?v=XU9UideeyPw

Speaking of...did we ever figure out what this guy was up to?

A meme could literally be made out of almost any line in that opening scene honestly

Hardy intoned it to mean big guy for you

You just don't get it do you

It was five years ago you cuck. Stop trying to make me feel old

Haha, my friend you are quite mistaken. Your impressions of the scene are that of the unintelligent and common man. I have analysed the opening scene of TDKR for over 10,000 hours, every nuance of the scene is well documented in my mind and I know, full well, the true meaning of this masterwork of cinema. I will outline it concisely and briefly for you now:

>Bane: "No one cared who I was until I put on the mask."

By this Bane means that he was a nobody until he took on the persona of Bane, the reputation that surrounds him is what has made him infamous. The "mask" is not the respiratory device that pumps him full of painkillers, the mask is his image as a dangerous individual known the world over for his exploits. From this we can draw parallels with Bruce Wayne and Batman, the mask is an important theme throughout.

>CIA: If I pull that off will you die?

If I remove the mask, if I expose you as nothing more than a man will it destroy the essence of what you are?

>Bane: "It would be extremely painful."

It would be a traumatic experience to abandon what I am, an existential crisis of sorts that would be difficult to recover from.

>CIA: You're a big guy.

You're an important person, your reputation is large and your deeds are noteworthy.

>Bane: For you.

For you I am an important person, you are an agent of the CIA who has been actively hunting me. Our importance to somebody, our stature, our largeness is defined by the effect we have on them. To the average person Bane is not a "big guy", but to this agent he is large indeed

This is a sequel to dunkirk, as we all know Nolan likes to tell his stories in reverse, in truth Bane was captured by the nazis during Dunkirk and got thrown into the pit which made him unable to survive without the mask.

You don't get to bring Han solo

The scene was first shown December 2011.

Its the byproduct of nolan refusing to cut his films.

Works for the Star Wars prequels.

It would be extremely painful... for you, if you tried to pull it off.

he was clearly drunk out of his mind

It takes many a lifetime to understand baneposting.

or this guy

or these guys in the back

Baneposting still going strong after 5 years highlights how creatively bankrupt this board is.

No wonder Sup Forums took over so easily.

Or maybe Sup Forums took over for the same reason baneposting has been going strong for 5 years: every tv show and movie has gone to unredeemable shit because of forced SJWification.

Nolan cinema is too smart for the naked eye to entirely comprehend, much like ultraviolet colors. Your mind can't completely process what is going on and end up seeing weird things.

Yes, user. Everything is shit, it's not you being a contrarian cunt in a contrarian cunt echochamber.

>MOCHIRON DA!
Best line

> size has anything to do with pain tolerance
> Bane just appended his statement into a longer, delayed sentence
> it's clusterfuck dialog but worthy of a meme

where you clearly belong.

>big only means size

Jesus Christ man, are you retarded?
This isn't about some superficial plot. The purpose of the first 5 minutes is a character study.
CIA knows that Bane has buried his true personality, and he's trying to get Bane to understand that he's not wearing just a physical mask, but an emotional one as well.
This is paralleled later in the movie when Hothead tells Batman that he deduced his identity by observing his emotional mask, therefore making the logical assumption that Batman wore a physical mask.
Bane and CIA both end up dead, due to his refusal to part with either mask. Batman and Hothead both live. They succeeded in breaking the power of the mask, and are free.
Both sets of these male figures also display a somewhat homoerotic struggle.
CIA and Bane's struggle is much more blatant. CIA, almost sardonically, calls Bane "a big guy". He's reveling in his assumed superiority and complete power over Bane. But little does he know that Bane's larger plane (a phallic object, therefore symbolizing masculinity) overshadows his. Bane retains his ubermensch guise, and emasculates the "small" CIA. CIA's body and plane are both reduced to little more than rubble, along with his ego, no doubt.
However, Hothead and Batman's struggle is slightly different and more disconnected. Hothead is shown as clumsy and weak; his gun that he attempts to fight Bane's men with is representative of his lack of masculinity. He's saved, though, by the ultimate male: Batman. Batman's overwhelming firepower (rockets, grenades, and more) and resilience (tank-like strength) symbolizes the ideal that men strive towards. He also displays emotional freedom, unlike Bane. In the end, he's able to take off the mask, which Hothead inherits (completing Hothead's growth over the film). Batman shows that an emotional mask isn't necessary to be the perfect male. Hothead shows that self-improvement and a strong father figure can shape the next generation of emotionally liberated, yet masculine males.

>No wonder Sup Forums took over so easily.

Sup Forums "took over" because despite the meme that Sup Forums users aren't white, which they are and any attempt to believe the opposite is absurd, the influence of subtle anti-white traditional sentiments are steadily increasing in Hollywood. The presence of "Sup Forums", if you have the small mind to reduce THAT side of the argument to a simple dismissible thought-reducing label, is rational and understandable. Once you understand that propaganda is an effective tool, but propaganda disguised as anything but propaganda is the most effective tool shaping a population then you learn to truly analyze everything marketed to the masses.

In other words, the presence of Sup Forums is understandable and Sup Forums is the next logical board where Sup Forums-like arguments would be. The one after that being Sup Forums, and then Sup Forums. Not so crazy that besides a politics board the next likely places to have political discussion would be media related boards.

youtube.com/watch?v=4iyvvT-8m3c

Huhuhuhuh but it's funny because it sounds kinda sexual too

P O T T E R Y
O
T
T
E
R
Y

retards

>you're a big guy

he's saying you have a big dick

everybody do the dinosaur.

I will never not find this funny.

But I always thought "big guy" meant like he was big on the scene, well-known, etc, and "for you" was like… no, got nothing. It's just phenomenally stupid.

your a dead meme.
for Sup Forums.

>If I take that thing off, will you die?

Simple question.

>It would be extremely painful.

Again, simple.

>You're a big guy

Bane is a big guy.

>For you.

He's a big guy compared to CIA.

He intoned it meaning that he was a big guy for him.

For you is a double entendre, bane is an imposing figure, and if CIA took off the mask, bane would hurt him

Or perhaps you're wondering why a meme keeps going after 6th grade when it came out?

>contrarian cunt echochamber.

That's where you are mistaken. You see, it's not that Sup Forums has become Sup Forums. No, the truth is that Sup Forums became Sup Forums.

>if i take off that mask you wear, would you die from not having it on

>it would really fucking hurt

>you're a strong guy, you can take the pain

>i am a strong guy compared to a manlet like you, but i meant that it would really hurt you because i'd kick your ass before you could take the mask off of me

There are so many subtle references and allegories to Nietzschean philosophy in this short scene. Hotheads will never understand.

When Agent Wilson calls Bane a "big guy" he's clearly referencing him as the Übermensch, while himself indulges in slave morality represented by the authoritarian institution that is Central Intelligence Agency. Note how Wilson never references himself as his real name. There is no individuality in him, only CIA. The essence of slave morality (represented as the "flight plan", opposed to master morality - the "master plan") is utility: the good is what is most useful for the whole community, not the strong. But he does not see beyond initial good and evil.

Also prior to the scene, Wilson shoots out of the plane without actually killing anyone. He does so out of misguided anger, furious that neither faith in god nor scientific knowledge has not given him the rest or respite he desires. At the same time, CIA shooting the sky symbolizes the death of God as a source of morality for people, leading to the unhooding of Bane, the Übermensch.

When Bane crashes the plane with no survivors, he's crashing the entire worldview based on slave morality. He's crashing old thoughts and institutions such as religions (Christianity for example). He's crashing secular humanism. He's crashing herd mentality. He's crashing even himself, as he overcomes his former self to become the over-man. In this crash, a fire rises in the wreckage - the triumph of "life" over "logic"

Then, in the end Bane reminds Dr. Pavel that "Now is not the time for fear, that comes later!" The world is necessarily moved in a cycle, endlessly repeating all past events due to finite amount of matter and infinite amount of time. In this eternal recurrence, the plane crash will repeat - again and again.

But if life triumphs over logic, the only meaning is life then is the will to power, that means the big guy will always be in charge here.

Bravo Nolan.