Be me

>be me
>troll mudshit on omegle
>tell him I live in Canada
>really live in US
>tells me "be careful young man, I might track your IP address. Thanks for letting me know your country".
He was just bluffing right? Even if I did live in Canada, there's no way you can find my IP address just through us chatting though omegle. Only omegle itself could know my IP. Just like no anons here could find my IP, only the mods know it.
He was just bluffing right guys? There's no way he could find out where I live right?

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1471028957026.webm
ultratools.com/tools/ipWhoisLookupResult
omegle.com/static/privacy.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You're fucked kid.

This isn't funny. I'm literally shitting my pants right now. If he sends some mudshits to my house, my mom will probably open the door, and they'll kill her. I already closed the page, so I can't report this to the FBI.
Can he really find me or was it just a bluff? Serious answers only pls

even if he did it would only lead to the last public router before you, so basically it would lead to your county or city or whatever
only the police can request the actual physical location from your ISP

also how on earth would somebody get your IP from omegle, that isnt possible unless he gets a direction connection to you somehow, he would have to have an insane hack in place inside the omegle servers to get YOUR specific IP from THIS conversation you were having

Kek it was actually piece of cake to get an IP from somebody from omegle. Say you got a sexy pic. Post link. Link was to a site which extracted it and saved it for the poster. Forgot the site name but i used to do it. Everyone clicked on the link btw.

It IS possible to find you, but it takes some effort. As long as you did not say anything blasphemous then he might not care enough about it to actually do something. If you just made fun of him then he likely won't bother. Unless of course he knows someone in the city and just send someone else.

well yeah but that's more like a social hack but true, most people will probably just click on a link you send them unless they are on mobile

You're fucked, OP.
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1471028957026.webm

I wish all the 16-19 year olds would leave.

Dumbfuck retard autists who can't even into technological literacy or five seconds on google on "omegle IP trace" or social awareness to know when someone is trying to bluff them.

I wouldn't put it past a shitty internet chat service to leak your IP, but all an IP does is narrow down your internet provider and general area. What's he going to do, go door-to-door? Check a school yearbook?

I wasn't talking to him from my phone though, so it wasn't a random ip. And my homes router ip stays the same unless I get a new router. But I'm not sure if that's what you meant or not. Sorry I'm not that good with this stuff. I'm just scared as fuck right now.
Well luckily I didn't click a link or anything. I was just taunting him with memes, telling him I'm fucking a Muslim girl, I've cummed on her face while she wore her hijab. He said I should convert and marry her, but I said I'm Christian and I'd convert her to christanity. I proceeded to say I'm actually civilized unlike a mudslime. He made an insult that it's legal for Canadians to have sex with animals, then I said "you're one to talk goat fucker". Then he made the threat and immediately disconnected. I'm so scared brehs ;_;

You're gonna die senpai

See

Can't wait for the beheading video of this amerifat!

Kek

Omegle is p2p. He doesnt have to "trace" your Ip, he has direct connection to you, he can simply check it.

you need an ISP to trace your exact location
at best he could DDoS you or some shit
just reset your router or some shit and buy a handgun or a shotgun

rip

Hope you have a musket. You're fucked.

>You're actually not.
ultratools.com/tools/ipWhoisLookupResult

IP look ups are pretty inaccurate unless you contact your service provider.

Is it? I thought all communications go
You -> Omegle Server

You're fine faggot
How old are you?

See You can be tracked.

22. But uni is starting again soon and I won't be living at home. So I'm scared they come knocking, my mom opens the door, and they kill or rape her since I won't be here to protect her.

No point in IM going through a server.
Just connect the two together with IP's.

You're fucking dead, kiddo

"Omegle video chat requires a direct connection to be made between your computer and the other user's computer. To do this, it is necessary to make your IP address available to the other user's computer, although it is not shown to the other user by Omegle's interface. This is a necessary part of how any P2P video chat system functions. If you are not comfortable with this, use text mode (or spy mode) instead."

omegle.com/static/privacy.html

Yeah, but Omegle is a web application. Can it set up a direct connection locally through a browser? How would it do it? With Javascript or what?

I don't think that's possible. I think it passes the messages through the server.

Kek, that was one nigga with an iq >85

I was using text mode, not video chat. Can he still find me or am I fucked?

OP, can I have your computer if you die to mudslimes?

This thread is top notch.

He can't. He'll never get near you stop worrrying dude

"In an Omegle text chat, only the following information is made available to other chat users:

>The list of interests (potentially including Facebook likes, if opted in) shared in common by you and the stranger, if applicable.

>Anything you say in the chat.

>A notification that you and the stranger speak the same language (other than English), if that is the case.

>A notification that you are using Omegle's mobile Web site, if that is the case.

>The name of your college, if you and your chat partner are each using college student mode.

I'll be nice, OP. You're fine. Even if he *had* your fucking IP, he couldn't get closer than an approximation. He'd have to do a house to house search for you, unless he had a court order for the ISP. Not likely.

Don't sweat it.

Oh hell yeah you can set up connections to other people with Javascript to access a browser's network connection API. I mean there's no real distinction between a website server and another computer as far as protocols are concerned, after all.

Says the faggot with little stars next to his name

OP, you sound just like those celebrities that whine about "death threats" online when it's really just meaningless bullshit. Grow a pair.

You still made a direct connection as far as I know. He can just check his logs for all the connections he did at the time. Your IP is not something that is generally difficult to find unless you use Tor or something. And even then experts might figure it out.

Nigger all you have to do is do netstat -an in the command line and he has your IP. Omegle is p2p.

He could hang around in the neighbourhood and just watch.

>what is netstat? Derp derp

>>He could hang around in the neighbourhood and just watch.
you think 'murrifat OP actually leaves his room?

Reply to him

HAHA GOOD LUCK NIGGER IM BEHIND 7 PROXIES

Moderate Muslim here.How did you offended him?

Yeah, you're fucked. Rip.

>tfw OP didn't use video chat so this story doesn't have a climatic ending

Well, if he don't then he should be fine.

>Only two people know what netstat is, including myself.

How can people be unironically this illiterate?

hi op
shhh be very quiet
do u hear that noise?
its me
im on ur roof
ill be down soon :^)

It's fun, shrimpu-dicku

He still has a direct connection, there is no explaination on why using textchat is safer.

If you live in America, don't you have guns? Man, it's like a wet-dream for most Americans to have a haji show up and try to jihad him. This is, like, the entire reason we invented Stand Your Ground laws.

Not to go full keyboard warrior, but if a Muslim who'd I'd offended online showed up at my door to kill me and I shot him, I'd brag about it until the end of time.

Computer literacy has gotten WORSE since the 2000s, not better.

He's a voice actor.

'Muricans, never change.

F

He would've seen OP's face.

Eh, this makes it pretty clear that only video chat establishes a direct connection.

Do you know the original video?