Flash knows before he's recruited

>Flash knows before he's recruited
>Bruce goes to fishing village and looks for Aquaman
>Amanda Waller knows

Why does Bruce not care about keeping his identity secret in DCEU

He cant recruit people as Batman

Because the average person isn't going to find out. I like that they're doing the secret identity thing, but at least smart people are people who need to investigate this stuff know

In the Snyderverse everyone knows everybody's secret identities. That way he can keep them out of costume for longer and not feel embarrassed because he's making a comic book movie.

Because secret identities are for stupid babies from before the 1990s, user. It's embarrassing for our skintight cape-people to go around pretending they're not themselves...that's why secret identities are casually thrown away, and everybody calls each other by their real names instead of codenames in the field.

Honestly, if we could just get rid of the masks, the costumes, the gimmicks, and all that other stuff, then people could take our grim fin-headed explosion stories more seriously.

Secret identities are an outdated concept, MCU proves as much.

I agree with this

The DCEU should stray as far away from conventional superhero tropes as they can.

but arent the characters featured in the mcu so far already public heroes

I personally am really excited for 'The Bruce Wayne' starring Ben Affleck in 2018, where a man in a business suit throws boomerangs at generic Jason Bourne government assassins.

And even more excited for 'Man of Steel 2', where a resurrected Clark 'Kal' Kent 'El' gets back to his roots of having a beard and angrily wrecking inconsiderate folks' cars.

I'd watch a movie about billionaire playboy Bruce Wayne who is also sometimes Batman.

I've been wishing for a comic about Bruce Wayne for years. There really isn't one.

>I am Iron Man

What's the worst that happens? A villain finds out his secret identity and kills his parents?

So like the MCU?
They don't even like codenames there

>everything needs to be exactly like Marvel

It would be legitimately cool if they went the Bendis Daredevil route of everybody knowing his secret identity, but Bruce still maintaining plausible deniability about it all and never admitting it

it's not like BvS Bruce seems to have any friends or family left over aside from Alfred, Robin's already dead, not much more he could lose

I remember him pretty casually tell Hal that he's Bruce Wayne in the comics

Someone blows up Wayne Manor and kills Alfred.

Or, you know, they just tell the world his secret identity.

The cops might have a gentleman's agreement to look the other way, but Batman is, himself, a criminal in the eyes of the law. If Bruce Wayne is revealed as the Bat, the authorities are obligated to arrest him. Even if local authorities are hesitant to do so, for such a well armed an high profile 'criminal' the fed will inevitably get involved.

You know this is going to happen in Justice League Part 2

With Flash and the League it's a token of trust. He knows who they are, they know who he is. Plus it makes sense people of Lex and Waller's caliber in the age of data gathering and profiling would be able to figure out who he is. Batman can't possibly operate without being super rich, Bruce Wayne is a super rich Gothamite with the physique and profile who could very well be Batman.

Lego Batman gave him some Forget-Me-Now

Most of the MCU heroes don't exactly have an identity to protect.

Who is Thor supposed to be hiding from? Steve Rogers and Bruce Banner literally cannot hide under their real names. And the rest are basically on their own.

The only A-list members of the team that really had any chance and reason to hide were Stark and Clint. Stark outed himself because he is a media whore, and Clint just hides his family instead of himself to protect them.

>Steve Rogers
>Tony Stark
>Bruce Banner
>Thor
>Vision

Yeah cause these guys are so well known for having secret identities

>Or, you know, they just tell the world his secret identity.

They would have to prove with concrete evidence that Batman is in fact Bruce Wayne. Wayne's got an army of lawyers at his side, you couldn't arrest and hold him for long without iron clad proof.

They do in comics ALL THE FUCKING TIME.

Flash didn't know about him. That's why he throws the batarang.

Remote fishing village people probably won't give a fuck, but that is kinda sloppy of him.

And Amanda Waller knows everything

They can even pull off a drunk billionaire card if Bruce decides to back out.

I don't know why people are bitching about that scene. I for one know only famous actors. We have a saying "spending money like a Rockefeller" so that is one rich family I know of. Unfortunately I learned about Kardashians through cable tv because they couldn't keep them of the air.

And people shit about this scene because Green Lantern doesn't know who Bruce Wayne is. Another random millionaire/billionaire who from time to time makes donations or some shit.

Because it doesn't take a genius to figure shit out.
One thing I really liked in MOS is Lois figuring out Clark is Superman. An award-wining journalist should be able to connect the dots, and she did. So it's not a stretch for someone as powerful as a government agent to pull resources and figure out who the Batman is.
Hell, I'm pretty sure everyone from that General to that military chick who's wet at the sight of Superman know who Clark really is.

Comics aren't realistic. Remember, Snyder said that you can't have two characters talking in costume for because then it'd be too silly.

Because Bruce isn't just a philanthropist, he's also a personality and a celebrity. Wayne Enterprises can't be as big and successful as it is without people knowing its CEO. People know who Mark Zuckerberg and Elon Musk are.

Bruce is closer to those than he is, say, the CEO of Walgreens. Bruce is the kind of guy who should never be able to go on Undercover Boss, because he's that well-known.

And I fucking hate that. The only time they played it straight, and used the names seriously, was Winter Soldier and Ant-Man.
Everyone called Captain America either Cap or Captain America. Black Widow called him Rogers a few times tho.
"Captain America needs my help"
"Arrest Captain America!"
"Looks like you're giving the orders now, Cap."
"Captain America and his colourful friends"
"You've gotta get Iron Man to stop by my niece's birthday party"
Ant-Man
"I need you to be the Ant-Man"
"They called her The Wasp"
"It's The Falcon!"
"I'm Ant-Man"
"Because I'm tight with Ant-Man"

Because after Superman death Batman realized that him being a paranoid fucker that lost his faith in heroism was what fucked everything up.

He knows the world needs these meta-humans and that these meta-humans need help, so for them to trust him he has to trust them, and that start by not keeping secrets.
He has to believe in the good in these people so that they too can believe that they can do good.

Yeah but dude it's Hal Jordan.
Barry Allen, Clark Kent, Vic Stone. They might all know who Bruce Wayne is but not Hal.

Also in WS
"Falcon, status?"

Part of it might be down to the names. "Cap", "Falcon", "Widow", and "Ant-Man" are all fairly snappy and easy to use as nicknames or codenames. And "Captain America" has a certain gravitas.
Meanwhile, there's no good way to use "Scarlet Witch" and not make it sound silly. There's no excuse not to use most of the others, most of the time, though Civil War gets a pass because the characters are trying to talk to each other as friends rather than allies on a mission.

To be fair, Bruce Wayne is just the mask while Batman is the true identity