I-IT'S SUPPOSE TO BE BAD

>I-IT'S SUPPOSE TO BE BAD

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/yodbDPX0DO0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Pitchfork really tore into this the other day.

I just read it. It sounds pretty bad but I'm still interested enough to watch it.

meant to reply

I have the utmost respect for FlyLo for making a film completely on his own, that takes balls to do, especially if you aren't filthy rich (he has money but not that much).

That being said, FlyLo is not a writer and it shows, he admitted to this back when he did Captain Murphy and said it take forever for him to write mediocre lyrics at best. His film is just like his albums, in that it's really more a series of vignettes the same way his albums are a series of very fast-changing songs. It makes for an interesting experience once, but if he hopes to keep directing he either needs to take some writing classes or just hire a good writer and work on the concepts with that writer.

The first 3 minutes

youtu.be/yodbDPX0DO0

I liked that a lot. I think I'll give it a chance, at the very least I'll enjoy the audio experience.

Anyone got a link for this Shudder aint available where I live

i second this

found one
>Kuso.2017.HDRip.x264.AC3-Manning

cheers cobba

nice. hopefully a ddl pops up eventually because i can't really torrent right now.

literally the best part of the film lmao

it really pisses me off when people bake a defense mechanism like this into the artwork itself. there's no arguing with it. you either love it or you don't get it/don't like fun/it's too extreme for you/any excuse that pins the blame on the viewer rather than the filmmaker.

there were elements of it i enjoyed. i love david firth and thought his contributions were topnotch. the soundtrack was excellent. i really appreciated the effects. and there were even two or three moments where i genuinely laughed. but i really could not get over how the whole film felt like just an excuse for him to throw everything he thinks is cool into one self-congratulatory blender. like good job dude. making a movie is really hard. i have no doubt you put your all into this. but it really felt like there was literally no substance. at the end of the day it just felt like an extended adult swim sketch, and quite frankly, i think it would have been in the best interest for the stuff he was working with to maybe split up each little short film into an adult swim special of their own

Is Shudder worth paying for? I'm surprised something like this can stay in business.

i understand this is a criticism but it sounds awesome.

i love flylo's music and he seems to be into a lot of cool stuff so im interested to watch

It seems to be doing fairly well. For a niche streaming service it really knows what it's fans want and it's not too expensive.

I've been hyped for this film since the first trailer came out, I really like FlyLo's music and also David Firth was involved, which is great, I also wanted to see how gross the movie is
I'm waiting for a good quality torrent though, not the HDrip that's out for now

Jay Bauman from RLM said he has it, must be something most movie freaks pay for, americans obviously because Shudder isn't available anywhere else

i'll probably watch again

frankly i'm torn

i have a free 30 day trial going for it and it has a few harder to find things there but honestly a lot of it is shit you can find on other services

the one major thing i found in their favor was that they stream Riget which is ungodly based

does anyone know if/when the soundtrack for this will be released?

would love to listen to the music without the rest of the film happening

he said pretty soon but who knows when that'll be.

I have schizophrenia. This is an accurate representation. Can't help but feel like all media is catching up to it since I feel schizophrenia may actually be the next step in human evolution or something like that.

of course you think that, you're schizophrenic

Its pretty terrible, and I say this as a huge Flylo fan. I think i've seen him live more than any other artist, and I even went to the premier of this movie where Flylo was attending with the cast and crew and it was just so bad. It felt like it dragged on and i couldnt wait to leave as soon as the Q&A started. I was even stoned when I saw it, and even that couldnt save it.

What is with all the dicksucking have these people seen like 5 movies in their life?

some of those can't be real people...

>those usernames

at least one of them is tim heidecker

I've heard everything from "it's literally the worst movie I've ever seen" to "it's a weird ass work of actual genius" from everyone from Sup Forums to this thread to actual journalists

I love Flylo so I feel like I have to watch it for myself at this point but god damn it's been polarizing so far

yeah definitely not anywhere near a work of genius.

it's definitely a love letter to a lot of films that are real "weird ass" works of genius, but not one itself.

sounds like the most simply epic film of all time tbqh

I don't know if I'll like it, but I'm glad to see David Firth getting some work/exposure

haven't felt this way about a movie since the neon demon.

it's not good, but it's not "literally the worst movie every made". it's really quite middle of the road. and yet i feel as thought i have to simultaneously defend it from erroneous detractors and knock it down a peg for being so overpraised by fanboys.

maybe i'm just autistic