Fellowship of the Ring

Shouldn't Sam, Merry and Pippin have to been told to fuck off back home when they ambushed the secret council meeting in Rivendell? Especially Merry and Pippin, who offer nothing. Is it ever explained in the book why they were allowed to tag along?

The books are are more detailed, yes.
Keep in mind this is a film adaptation, they can't get everything in there. But Pippin and Merry were there from the start, they didn't meet them on the way to Bree like you see in the films.

Also there was another character that gets completely cut out that is called Tom Bombadil who saves all of them from a Cave Wright.

That trilogy is racist and I can't wait until it gets rebooted with a diverse cast. GoT too.

>But Pippin and Merry were there from the start

I never knew that. I wonder what the reason was for changing it.

>there are ""people"" who think that Two Towers and Return of the King are on the same level as Fellowship

Smdh (shaking my damn head)

I always thought that was 'shaking my dick hard'

There was a lot of things made different.
Some for the better, others not so much.

The Hobbit was probably the most transformed. Azog the Defiler was not the one hunting them, he had died, and his son Bolg is the main Villian chasing them. Legolos isn't even in the books, he was added to the movies, because, fuck if I know, and Beorn was the real hero at the end of the book, but you don't see it because Bilbo gets knocked out and when he awakens the battle is already over.

I don't see too many of these people.
But both Two Towers and Return of the King are GREATLY improved when you see the extended blu-ray editions.

>Bolg is the main Villian chasing them

No goblin is given a name in the Hobbit, and they only came to the battle of five armies to seek revenge for the death of the great goblin while the dwarfs were escaping from the misty mountains.

Also Beorn's part was bigger when they met him, but he didn't appear elsewhere in the story, including the battle.

It avoids them having to exposit all the genealogies of the Shire like in the book, though Frodo does refer to them as "my kinsmen" in TTT which I think confused some people

A few possible explanations for these

1. Since they knew that Hobbits are easy to corrupt, it was convenient for them to have 4 of them instead of one, this later proved to be useful when Sauron thought Merry was Frodo

2. Everyone knew that the Ring is hard to bear for a man, let alone a hobbit, that they thought it was a good idea for frodo to have someone he can trust and someone he has built morale with, basically friends

I've somehow never seen the extended editions of TT and RotK but I think the theatrical version of Fellowship is superior to its extended edition. The pacing was perfect.

Is there any character from the books that is fucked over in his/her screen portrayal?

Smdh tbqhwyf

When it's changed it's done very tastefully. Denethor and Faramir are probably the most dramatically different but their movie versions are good characters in their own right.

What? did we read the same book. Beorn IS IN THE FINAL BATTLE in the books. I shit you not, go re-read the end.

>5'10" vs 6'0"

Refuse to believe this is real

The whole Shire->Bree sequence is pretty long and slow, it's hard to put it in a movie.

I think they should have worked in the scene where Merry and Pippen reveal that Sam told them about the ring and they resolve themselves to go with Frodo.

>he didn't appear elsewhere in the story, including the battle.
Nah, is correct, Beorn shows up in the book too.

Uh, I meant

Boromir

They represent the enthusiastic patriots who volunteer for War without really knowing what it entails. In the booksband to a lesser extent in the films, you can follow Merry and Pippins mature through experience and from cheeky Bill & Ted Excellent Mushroom Capers to becoming leaders and respected Hobbits.

In the book:

Merry and pippin were there from the start (Sam told him about the shit he overheard)

Only Sam gatecrashed the meeting. Iirc Pippin complained about sam getting rewarded with a place on the fellowship.

Only pippin is a moron in the books. Iirc merry is the eldest and most mature

The hobbits are like 50 years old, not twenty

What is The Great Goblin, you illiterate swine.

Eomer, his best lines were given to Aragorn, or left out.

Only Frodo is 50. Pip is in his tweens,

Only 3 people offered help to Frodo and Gandalf,
and they had the balls to tag along

>you don't see one black person in the Lord of the Rings
I really don't think he wants to see how the haradrim (black/arab folks) were portrayed in the lotr. lol

>Pippin is a moron
No he is a Took, which makes him naturally curious. He is still portrayed as intelligent and brave, but he is whimsically curious as well.

You do though. They just called them urukhai.
In fact pretty much every nonwhite person in the original trilogy was evil.
That's why everyone loved it.

>Refuse to believe
leftists in a nutshell everyone

sweet, sweet summer child