I was looking for Justice League fanfics and most of them dealt with the Batman/Wonder Woman or Superman/Wonder Woman...

I was looking for Justice League fanfics and most of them dealt with the Batman/Wonder Woman or Superman/Wonder Woman pairing, with the SM/WW pairing being the more popular one, and i just don't get the appeal.

So i was wondering what was you guys thoughts on the so called Trinity shipping.

Oh, there was a few wild-cards: like Aquaman/Wonder Woman and Batman/The Flash.

Trinity shipping is inherently dumb.

Batman and Flash is fun

That dual detective work

I wonder how a Batman Cyborg pairing would be

Trinity shipping is stupid. Just cause there's a woman on the team doesn't mean one of the guys has to be fucking her. I think they work better if they all have their own LI in their own comics.

DC has been shipping Wonder Woman with Superman since the 80's, both in her own ongoing and Superman's ones.

But there are plenty of women in the JL over the years that were single, right?

Zatanna, for example.

She's pure

I don't know Wonder Woman/Batman always made sense to me.

She comes from an Island of Goddesses to the realm of men so of course she'd be attracted to the best of these mortals so Bruce and Diana makes sense.

But I can see why others might not like it.

Batman's mostly fucking Wally West's boypussy in them.

The fact Wonder Women isn't gay will never not bother me

It is almost guaranteed that in a group of men and women, some of them are gonna fuck each other.

>She comes from an Island of Goddesses to the realm of men so of course she'd be attracted to the best of these mortals so Bruce and Diana makes sense.

Batman's everything the amazons despise in men, though: egotistical, stubborn, violent, manipulative and so on.

Superman makes more sense since he's a swell guy and pretty much a god-like figure. He'd remind Diana of her better patron male gods.

Trinity shipping is shallow garbage because shippers are shallow garbage.

The hell if it is, the Diana/Clark thing could work if you played up the princess and the farm boy angle. Just harlequin novel that shit. But that would require a moment's thought, or giving a shit, so that ain't happening.

>The hell if it is, the Diana/Clark thing could work if you played up the princess and the farm boy angle. Just harlequin novel that shit. But that would require a moment's thought, or giving a shit, so that ain't happening.

They usually go with the idea of them being god-like figures that have a hard time relating with the mortals and their culture. This being the driving force pushing them together.

Diana's shown usually having a very innocent girl-like crush on Superman due to his nobleness and immense powers. Like as if he was a compassionate Greek God.

Vixen
Gypsy
Fire

That is, if we ignore the Fire/Ice.

but Lois won the Superbowl

>ignore Fire/Ice
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>fanfics
>shipping

This was your own damn fault.

Batman/Wonder Woman is for dumbass toonfags.
Superman/Wonder Woman is ridiculously out of character for both.
Superman/Batman is the patrician's ship.

Did she? We all know that back then most of the writers thought SM/WW was the ultimate end-game. It was all a matter of Lois Lane shedding her mortal coil. You can see that idea in most of the Elseworlds.

I think the only writer that pushed SM/LL as ultimate end-game was Grant Morrison, with DC One Million. Where Superman basically became a hikikomori without Lois until he had the means to clone her back.

>Superman/Wonder Woman is ridiculously out of character for both.

Explain.

Diana likes them blond, Clark likes them human.

The reason people, including DC, will always ship SM/WW is because the characters have too much in common. It's always like that. People tend to ship character that share the same traits.

>both wear the colors of the american flag
>both have super-powers
>both have immortality
>both are super-nice: just, caring, trust-worthy
>both share the same personality: leader-type, naive, charming
>both equal in appearance: tall, strong, black hair, blue eyes, beautiful
>both part of the big three
>both part of the same team

>Diana likes them blond
Steve has been getting quite a bit of attention lately. Seems SC suddenly realized "Oh sit, WW has her own elements and supporting cast. Maybe we should use them!".

WW's human. She just has a bit of magic in her.

>WW's boobs grow and shrink
>Batman slowly leans back
>Superman becomes a robot

I blame Marv Wolfman. When he did away with Steve Trevor, making him an old dude and setting him up with Etta Candy, Wonder Woman became basically a naive nun who suffered with a pathetic crush on the unattainable Superman.

After such a long time going through that all the new characters writers created over the years for her were simple met with resistance by the readers, because none of them could compare to Superman.

If it wasn't for Mera, Aquaman/Wonder Woman could make an interesting couple.

Eh. You just know that WW will be pining for Papa Supes in the Trinity book.

Nah because in alot of them they maje it known the Supes will always put lois first even after death.
And if they dont get together while Lois is alive and it takes death for Supes to pick someone else its not a good endgame. Its a second choice.

But Wonder Woman is content with being the second choice in most stories.

Or more precisely, the "side ho".

Shoulda just been superman's crotch saying it's time to move on

Because its bad writing. WW deserves to be first choice.

Thats why injustice Wondy fucking sucks.

It's how Post-CoIE Wonder Woman was shown for the longest time.

Wonder Woman had this hopeless crush on Superman where she would fantasize about their lives together, but because Lois was in the picture she'd stay content in just being friends with Superman and suffer in silence jealous of of what Lois had and how Superman loved her.
There were several stories where Wonder Woman tried to make a move only to be turned down because Superman loved Lois too much.

Then there were the Elseworlds from that time where Lois would die and Wonder Woman would jump at the chance to comfort and seduce Superman.

>Superman/Batman is the patrician's ship.
This is true.

Again bad fucking writing. Thats not Wonder Woman. You shouldnt make someine pine like that. Its makes them look fucking pathetic. Its apart of the reason i dont like reading back on WW stories like these.
Because its not her. WW wouldnt love someone just for being godly. It would be okay if she like all of him but most writers write it as if she would find his powers worthy and needs a strong man to dominate her. This is how it was written in the nu52.

No you dint just dominate WW. She has to give you that control over her. So its an equal partnership.

Wonder Woman didn't liked him just for being godly, although that was a huge aspect. She also liked him for being charming, courageous, compassionate and trusting. Basically for being a male version of her.

She thought he was like a Greek God, but a kinder version of the ones she knows.

How did you miss the mountains of Superman/Batman though? Those are mostly ok.

>The hell if it is, the Diana/Clark thing could work if you played up the princess and the farm boy angle. Just harlequin novel that shit. But that would require a moment's thought, or giving a shit, so that ain't happening.

This is what bothers me the most probably. It could kind of work even if it wasn't OTP but they don't even try.

In The New 52 Geoff Johns pushed Superman/Wonder Woman because he wanted to write a bad-end scenario with them to show why the couple was bad, but he never managed to do what he wanted.

So Superman and Wonder Woman basically started a relationship because they were feeling lonely and depressed for being out-casts as two god-like figures who couldn't relate or feel related by the puny mortals. So that would develop and end with a end-of-the-world scenario.

Trinity War would be all about that.

Also another non johns dropped plotline Superman/Wonder Woman made booster dissapear.

That was related it. Booster Gold, who's from the future, would see them together and realize something bad has happened because that's not how things happened in his future. Then shit would hit the fan.

>He'd remind Diana of her better patron male gods.
That means she should despise him. The amazons don't like the male gods. Zeus, Ares, Hades and Hercules take turns being WW villains.

>DC has been shipping Wonder Woman with Superman since the 80's
>I don't read comics but I sure do read blogs

CoIE put Lois and Clark together and it took fucking Flashpoint to break them

Lurk moar, poast less my social media """"comics expert""""

>They usually go with the idea of them being god-like figures that have a hard time relating with the mortals and their culture.
That is not Superman. At all. It's so out of character for Superman, it's another character entirely.

Dude, are you shitting me? Even with Superman and Lois doing the whole "will-they-won't-they" before settling in 1990, Wonder Woman was still paired with Superman in her own ongoing and several other comics like the Justice League comics (which there were various at the time).

Even after Superman had married Lois they still played with the SM/WW thing, like when Superman and Wonder Woman were stranded in that dimension where the Norse Gods went through a constant cycle of Ragnarok for a millennia. You had Wonder Woman trying to seducing Superman and him turning her down saying that despite not being sure if they'd ever get out that he'd forever love Lois.

She thinks her's like them, but only nice.

Yeah, SM/WW really takes out Superman humanity.

>SM/WW more popular than BM/WW or BM/SM
I'm legit surprised

Yup.

The SM/WW fanfics are usually longer, having tons of chapters, and they're the ones with most "kudos" and reviews.

Then you've BM/WW, with less chapters and reviews, AND THEN SM/BM which is mostly one-shots about them fucking.

She's deep in that friendzone, the poor woman

It doesn't have to be Lois to give him humanity. Jimmy or anyone he met during his time saving people could.

That was her for the longest time. Eventually after Superman marriage to Lois the writers felt that she had to move on, but every OC they introduced as a romantic interest was met with resistance. So Wonder Woman would at most hold hands with them. Not even kisses were shown. She was basically a nun.

Of course, then the cartoon aired and she started being paired lightly with Batman in JLA, but that was short lived.

Technically wondy's whole shtick is compassion and humanity

But not when shes paired with Supes. It gets sucked out of them.

That's a bizarre phenomenon. The one uniting character trait is abandoned when putting them together. Who the fuck does this?

Its because alot of stories try to justify the relationship by stating they are prefect for one another because they are different from everyone else. That no one else has the same powers and thus only they can handle one another.
Its a power fantasy in every essence of the idea. Supes need a trophy and WW needs a man to put her in her place.

The thing is that for some retarded reason the writers never explore the characters humanity when they're paired with.

For example, take Wonder Woman. You could use Superman and have him show her the good side of western culture with him taking her to Smallville to meet all the nice people there and share with her his life stories growing up in such a place. But... instead of that we've Superman taking Wonder Woman to his Fortress of Solitude to show her all the wondrous shit he has and them constantly dealing with meta-human/political crisis as some sort of royalty.

Superman too. Instead of exploring that very human side that Wonder Woman has you've Superman butting heads with her due to her behaving like an autistic warrior devoid of humanity.

When they're together Superman becomes to much of an alien and she too much of a warrior, instead of him being a farmboy and her being an ambassador.

For some reason I get trigged if Clark says Diana is his best friend, Bruce and Jimmy pop up before her for some reason.

I think Superman wouldn't really have any problem understanding or relating to people, but lol if you don't think that being some sort of super-being immune to all the common human fears and with a completely different set of senses wouldn't give you even a slightly different perspective on life than the average joe over time.

You can have multiple besties
Besides, they have a "special" friendship

status quo and fan hating SM/WM

The fact that they want to fuck one another but are waiting their partners to die so that they don't feel like shitty human beings for it?

Wondie is not really someone who can be in a relationship like that, she's too independent. That's why her love with Steve Trevor works so well, they mostly interact by her saving him. She needs someone to take care of.

Superman is actually a rather dependent person, he relies on the relationships in his life. Lois is very controlling, but not dominant like you'd think romantically. She's a classic tsundere, I think is what it's called in anime.

It's some stupid Freudian shit, but basically all it is is that there's no chemistry or dynamism to Supes/Wondie. They don't complement each other or offer each other anything. Superman doesn't need someone to lead him and Wondie doesn't need a sturdy foundation.

>best of these mortals
But that's Superman. Read more comics.

But i said that the relationship can work.

Just do Clark/Diana instead of SUPERman/WARRIOR woman.

The fact that her characterization is congruent in this aspect throughout the years bothers me.

Back to fanfic.net/a03/tumblr with you.

Superman's an immortal, though.

>Superman/Batman

wat

Crisis had Earth-Two Superman literally go to fucking Heaven with Lois.

I know that doesn't necessarily mean New Earth Superman has to be the same, but Superman/Lois Lane is as iconic a relationship as... Well, it's hard to even compare it to anything because it's THE iconic relationship.

Earth-Two Wonder Woman had Steve, though.

It's the same with Earth-One Superman and Earth-One Wonder Woman. They both had Lois Lane and Steve Trevor.

If they weren't in the League together it would be fine, but you don't shit where you eat.

No hes fucking not. He just lives longer.

But he's also essentially the best the human race could produce. It's the irony of his character, the best being living amongst the humans isn't human at all.

Earth-One Superman might have married Post-CoIE Linda Danvers.

The human race didn't produced Superman, though.

Wonder Woman being with Superman is weird because the whole deal is that she finds a man that makes her believe that not all men are shitty.

Sure, Superman's a male, but he's kryptonian. He was raised by humans and thanks to the Kents he's a swell guy, but he's still not human. He's another species. His biology works differently and that impacts in the way he thinks and view things.

That's also why i don't like Batman/Wonder Woman, because lets be honest here... Batman is a shitty human being. Dude's an ass.

It produced Clark Kent, who produced Superman

But what if Clark was human. Would he be such a nice guy? Would he have more flaws despite the Kents upbringing due to his biology? He might not be so nice. Maybe him being a kryptonian coupled with the Kents upbringing is what made him such a good person. Genes + good upbringing.

Wonder Woman could think that the only reason Superman is such a decent male is because he's not entirely human, specially when she works closely with people like Batman.

what are you a faggot?

Superman/Batman works because Batman is pretty much Lois Lane.

You all know it to be true. Bruce's pretty much Lois with a dong.

What made him a good man was that he lived a full and varied life. Two sets of good parents, a strong neighborhood community, the legion constantly visiting him from the future and taking him on adventures, his travels around the world before officially becoming Superman. Superman is a good example of why it's good to step outside your comfort zone as a person and take chances as they come to you.

And Flash, and Blue Beetle, and Green Arrow, etc. She knows men can produce nice guys.
Why would she even assume otherwise anyway? The entire point of her character is that she's the one amazon willing to give men a chance

I like Superbat and I like threesomes but other than that, all 3 have their own love interests.

>And Flash, and Blue Beetle, and Green Arrow

All shitty people.

You know everything beyond growing up on a farm is extra shit constantly in flux

But he's still a kryptonian. What if he being a human and doing the same would've changed him slightly, due to his human male perception and response to the experiences?

How much nature versus nurture come into play?

What if it wouldn't have?

We will never know.

If you're saying Kryptonians have a natural inclination towards being good and just, you're wrong. They're usually depicted as a slightly selfish, arrogant society.

Nu52 Superman was nice because of genes. The Collector said that Superman would be incapable of killing him due to his kryptonian DNA, thanks to the moral imprint.

Then I guess the questions don't matter

My completely subjective opinion I don't read a lot of comix:

Worst: Supes/Wondy
Bad: Wondy/Bats slightly better if it's smug loli Wondy and whiny shota Bats
Okay: Bats/Supes
Could work I guess: Trinity members with other JL members
Good: Trinity threesome
Better: Every super sticks to their own love interest(s)
Best: Every super takes another's love interest (ex: Superman/Catwoman)

If you insist on Trinity shipping, why you wouldn't ship SupesBats is beyond me. It makes the most sense.

It does, because this is something that WW could wonder about.

She could say "I've never met a human male like Kal-El. In the end mother was right, but at least i found happiness in the Patriarchy world."

Well that's stupid and detracts from the point of his parents. Why does he need the Kents if he was gonna be a good person anyway?

>Best: Every super takes another's love interest (ex: Superman/Catwoman)

Unh... okay, but how would that work?

I can see Superman/Catwoman, but what about Batman and Wonder Woman? Who'd they date?

Batman and Cheetah, Wondy and Lois

Because Batman would want Superman to live a happy and fulfilling life, and due to his pessimism and self-loathing he''d think that he'd never be able to give this to Superman, thus ending up pushing Superman unto others.

But he didn't even grow up on a farm in the precrisis era. Pa owned a drug store that Clark helped out in. Frankly this is probably what's wrong with DCEU Clark, dude never had a chance to have a proper Superman childhood so its basically all being forced on him all at once rather than easing into the Superlife.