Frasier

Does anyone have a minute to explain this show to me? Why was it so popular

DESU maybe I don't understand it or something but I never understood it at all and I can't stand it

Can someone tell me if this is actually a good American classic??

It has jokes for everyone and is pretty comfy. It has jokes for both the plebs and patricians in it.

It was the best sitcom of the 90s and I know I sound like a fedora neckbeard when I say this but its humor and refrences are sometimes too smart for modern audiences

Was it a sitcom for people in the business world from the 90s?

It had been a while since I'd seen Frasier, and I assumed I just thought it was funny because I was young and it had a laugh track. I figured it was The Big Bang Theory but with high culture instead of nerd culture. I watched it again recently and, yeah, there's shades of that, but it's actually well written. I think the best comparison would be Fawlty Towers. Very farcical.

Big Bang theory of the 90s. Lots of pleb humor than the few moments let people thinks they're smart to laugh at.

Show has a lot of internal wisdom. Truly a masterpiece. When being a good writer meant something

It's extraordinarily comfy and completely non-confrontational and apolitical. You could watch it with anyone. It was always the show we watched in the evenings through syndication in the early 2000s when I was a teen at home eating dinner with my parents in the living room.

>watch every episode of cheers 5+ times
>Frasier is favorite character

Have never seen ONE second of it

Was Roz a slut?

It's very tightly written and a master class in long setups. Every scene has purpose, usually there's a setup at the beginning of the scene, plot advancements and dialog peppered with solid jokes throughout, and a payoff at the end.

Because its a comfy as fuck expertly crafted sitcom with great characters.
The crane boys try to not look like complete assholes, and in the process, wind up looking like complete assholes.
I mean the basic comedy premise is being hoisted by ones own petard. If you can't find the humor and irony in that then your brain might just be broken.
Can't even blame it on the show needing to warm up because season one pitches a perfect fucking game of humor and real feels, (especially if you and your dad aren't that close).

>I call him Eddie Spaghetti
>Oh he likes pasta?
>No... he has worms.

>Can someone tell me if this is actually a good American classic??
So you're saying you don't know what to do with this tossed salad and scrambled eggs?

That's pretty wholesome, user.

This series being included with Amazon Prime was unironically the deciding factor when I finally bought the subscription.

My netflix subscription is pretty much just star trek, Frasier, and cheers, on infinite repeat in the background. Red Dwarf and Scrubs used to be on there as well.
What time is it? Comfy tv time.

We watched seinfield, I could never understand Frasier

I'm turning 30 soon and I have been enjoying it

I feel it aged well, very well the comedy and writing is actually really good

A different time...

Excellent show but the Niles+Daphne seasons go completely off the cliff. So many unwatchable moments. Season 10 was a return to form. I think I read some of the original writers came back for that one?

>big bang theory has opera and wine references
fuck off Friends was TBBT of the 90s dumbass

it's on netflix and even if you don't have that it can't be that hard to find pirated versions go watch it you mongrel

>Season 10 was a return to form
no it was season 11 that brought back writers Christopher Lloyd and Joe Keenan who made Frasier great again

Frasier is hot garbage, the 90s equivalent of Big Bang Theory, people liked it because the humor made them feel smart.

Cheers is the superior show.

>pretty comfy

frasier is the absolute pinnacle of comfy

the only thing that could have made it comfier was if it had no laugh track but even then it has the best laugh track of any sitcom ever

liking cheers but not fraiser is like loving your wife but hating your son, which i bet you would because you're not really the father you filthy contrarian

Half bait. Cheers is superior, but Frasier is so much more well written than TBBT

it's on free to air tv twice a night , feels good to be able to watch the classics without submitting to jewflix or having to go rooting around for a torrent

Cheers is super fucking old though.anyone still watch that?

Frasier's comfy. It's like they took Friends, gave it a likable cast and wittier script.

yeah dude it's on all the time, right before fraiser and just after king of queens

>Why was it so popular

White 90s people who thought they were watching an intellectual comedy show that still "kept it real" by including Frasier's sassy wise cracking blue collar father.

Yup, got the numbers wrong. I knew it was the last one.

The same kinda snobs who jizz all over themselves every time they post this snobbish quote on the internet.
>Image very related.

it makes well educated, well off, and snooty people look absurd.

i could fap just listening to Peri Gilpin read a phone book.

I watch the show for roz too