Flintstones #2 preview

Flintstones #2 preview

beware of wall demon

>that "sorry, we're all very new to this" panel
Golden.

And a Lupa variant

>flat screen TV
How does that work? Where do you put the animal?

This is glorious

Being an animal in Bedrock is a living hell.

Why doesn't Russell just become a luddite if he hates the modern world so much?

Odd that they aged up pebbles but it makes sense for the storys they want to tell need that teen angst.

There's a whole in the wall just behind it with a bunch of fire flies making the pictures. There's also a can with a string on it leading all the way to the news station so they know what's going on there.

Poor powergoat god damit im auctualy crying for an appliance.

It's a living.

Im pretty sure powergoat is sad because he only gets used once a week

This comic is amazing.

I didn't notice the kids were aged up in this.

Powergoat is everyone and everything damaged by the production of something you own, and also all the time you don't use the thing that you own while you have it.

Didn't even get to drink water.

I was honestly surprised how much I liked issue 1.

Why did issue one of this get suck poor reviews outside of here? This shit is amazing.

Not muh.

>"You don't have a hat!"

>NUH MUH
and people don't get most of the humor.

>We have Neanderdolls
Those are sex dolls, right?

I get the distinct impression the person writing this comic really fucking hates the Flintstones.

Which actually makes this kind of fascinating.

It's a mall. More likely a toy line.

On sites like Newsrama. Some gave it great reviews.

I think he likes to criticize the modern world than hate on the stone age.

The Rubble's have some of Wilma's art. How sweet.

But the flintstones are a MODERN stone age family. Of course its going to reflect the times as they are now instead of the 60s

It's beautiful, isn't it?

They are good friends

What? Why?
The Flintstones has always been a commentary on modern culture, it's just that the original cartoon was and almost sixty years ago.
Why should it's current incarnation be stuck all the way back in the sixties and seventies when they're supposed to be "the modern stone-age family"?

Makes sense.

No, anything that's not like how I remember is shit.

Amen to that brother.

I can't even...

Anyway wish they give Sup Forums the nod with some random pillars that go past the sky and elude to the Jetsons.

>Why should it's current incarnation be stuck all the way back in the sixties and seventies when they're supposed to be "the modern stone-age family"?

No, I get that, but it seems aggressively cynical. Maybe the original Flintstones was, too, but I basically just remember it as being basic ass sitcom shit.

Not saying it's bad or inappropriate, but it seems like the writer has a chip on his shoulder either about the modern world or writing the Flintstones.

>but it seems like the writer has a chip on his shoulder either about the modern world
Pretty sure it's this, the Flintstones themselves are pretty great

He is like a Pokemon.

Pretty sure they arent wrapped and left on a dark room. Dont be so dramatic user.

Marxists always have to frame labour as "HORRIBLE SLAVERY TOIL GENOCIDE".
Its a philosophy built on the mindsets of lazy people who don't understand the joy and peace of mind working for our society gives us.

>Powergoat, biznatch
I want that goat.

So you're saying that Marxists are Sup Forums posters who don't want to work for the jews and become wagecucks?

I applaud your old school reference.

yeah, some guy was calling out how the Flintstones shouldn't be used to reflect the current world then someone answered to him the first verse of the theme song.

>a living hell.
Eh, it's a living.

>That music

The only thing I'm getting out of it is RHCP's Hump de Bump, but that's probably wrong.

I think work and toil that come with the pride of ownership appeals a lot more to people. Like, working to farm your own land is exhausting but its your land and you get the crops at the end of the season to show for it so you can have some pride.

Without the whole ownership part though you just feel a bit used, especially if you get treated as an easily replaceable cog in the machine and are paid really low wages for doing dangerous work. Marx wrote his stuff back in the 1800's when factory work was a lot more dirty, dangerous and ill paying than we expect our jobs to be, and I think you can probably forgive people for complaining about doing 12 hour shifts in the old arm-mangling mill for 10 cents an hour and getting fired without any sort of benefit if you ended up losing a limb in a press or something.

Marx was also a mooch who spent his days living at the expense of a wealthy friend, so take his words with a grain of salt.

heh

Most all philosophers and thinkers were some kind of loser chump because if they worked for a living back then they'd be too uneducated or busy to have time to write huge books.

Doesn't mean that every now and then someone doesn't get a right idea.

Personally I'd prefer a society that was a bit more structured than our own. One which guaranteed work for people, but which let them all share in the profits of every enterprise proportional to the contributions they made to that enterprise.

I'll say this- Marx's vision was a lot more realistic than Engels.
Marx ignored how people work, but Engels ignored how economics work.

As impractical Marxism was, the lazy thing is pretty much false. It's just everybody owning their own labour instead of living in a welfare state.

The only people who buy into Marxism are middle class and up people who feel guilty about how easier than have it than others. The working class thoroughly rejects it.

Maybe, but I think what's important is whether or not their life reflected their philosophy.
Someone like Immanuel Kant lived his life by his proposed values, and Socrates died for his.
Conversely, guys like Marx spoke a big game, but lived counter to what they preached. Would you really want to follow the teachings of a man like that?

Like all those working class Bolsheviks and Chinese revolutionaries who overthrew their governments.

Shame that they fucked it up and made dictatorships that ruined their nations even further, but thats human nature for you.

I don't really give a shit about someones integrity if their idea seems right. There's plenty of good upstanding people out there who are dumb as hell and plenty of assholes who have some good ideas (and vice versa too of course).

The character of a thinker doesn't matter as much as the idea.

Personally I think true Marxism would be near impossible to pull off in real life, but as a theoretical system its nice.

>Here's that rock I owe you
Why am I laughing so much?

Nobody commenting on the Devonian joke. Sadness.

So every animal has to say its brand name?

It's just when they're new and gung ho.
In the tv show we've only seen old and broken in appliances who have since lost their enthusiasm.

I got that feeling when I read the reviews and people commenting on it who hadn't read the comic.

I admit I wasn't too keen on this until I read the first issue, that along with this preview got me sold on this.

GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD

Hey, I like crap!

>liking crap
>7,984 b.c.

The DC's Hanna Barbera comics are really good, but Flintstones are incredible! And this preview is fantastic! Can't wait for it!

Pretty sure their gonna also go teen social commentary too.

her people are so cute

>Monogamy is gay marriage
>"Gay marriage" in the Flintstones is actually taking away people's rights
I guess.

Brilliant stuff.

Also, if it's not obvious, this is coming out THIS Wednesday.

Is Lupa the assigned variant artist for this? Fuck yes.

>Gonna pump that rump
>Gotta bump that rump
This is about getting fucked in the ass, isn't it?

Wow this was... good. I'll check this out.

A guy I know hates it because a blogger he loves said metaphors are evil now.

Not really. I thought the bit about Wilma's tribe in the first comic was kind of beautiful.

I think this writer sometimes goes a little too far in his commentary and he'll want to avoid that here.

Saying metaphors are evil is like saying chocolate ice cream is the devil

That's a simile

We've only seen one issue so far, which was admittedly a dark one where people reject civilization.

Not feeling this preview like the first issue.

This doesn't look like Flintstones at all.

Its just a joke about social norms changing, dont look to keep into the comparison.

Why would Fred be surprised by television, I thought they already had film projectors in Bedrock.

Similes are metaphor's fraternal twin

Do you mean it doesn't look like Hannah Barbera, or something else about it?

No man everything's a 1:1 exchange and if it isn't by god we'll make it so and be super pissed off about it.