All these anons shilling dunturd as the best war movie ever

>all these anons shilling dunturd as the best war movie ever
>they forgot about or worse have never seen pic related

sad. what happened to this board.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UkqiWhAxy_Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Was this the film where the director made Adrien Brody think he had an important role in the film, then cut nearly all his scenes in editing and attended the premier with Brody's mother as his date?

I think people really know Duncuck was a terrible movie, but they are just having fun trolling.
I can't imagine there are actually people out there that couldn't see it for the hamfisted lackluster misplaced film it was.

yes.

Adrien even brought his mom to the premier. Remember that this was before The Pianist so this was supposed to be his big break.

Woody Harrelson ass explosion scene was K I N O

>tryhards STILL trying to meme this into being better than it is

lol

>trying to rewatch
>run out of steam once they capture the hill and turn it off
It's the Bruma Needs Allies of war movies

>tryhards

How ironic.

why is he so great bros?

hello plebs.

dunkike thread is this way enjoy!

He's a philosopher film maker

And I heard he shot him for 5 hours. Glad he did though bc personally I hated Brody scenes. Also this got jim the passion.

youtube.com/watch?v=UkqiWhAxy_Y

>he doesn't get chills watching this

Malick is shit

Hes the best in the business at filming grass.

His films come from the heart, are pure expressions of love and artistry, not influenced by anything resembling pop culture or indulging in irony.

t. soullet

I had a really hard time following who was who in ttrl, maybe I was sleepy idk

>tfw you're watching knight of cups for the first time and you just randomly start crying 25 minutes in
how does he do it

Dood why I gotta know about movies if they don't got no superhero or lasers? You Reddit n shit?

agreed, i legit cry a few times during his films, and don't usually do so

>Perhaps no film in the history of cinema follows the movement of memory as faithfully, as passionately, or as profoundly as Terrence Malick’s new film, “Knight of Cups.” It’s an instant classic in several genres—the confessional, the inside-Hollywood story, the Dantesque midlife-crisis drama, the religious quest, the romantic struggle, the sexual reverie, the family melodrama—because the protagonist’s life, like most people’s lives, involves intertwined strains of activity that don’t just overlap but are inseparable from each other. The movie runs less than two hours and its focus is intimate, but its span seems enormous—not least because Malick has made a character who’s something of an alter ego, and he endows that character with an artistic identity and imagination as vast and as vital as his own.

>As such, “Knight of Cups” is one of the great recent bursts of cinematic artistry, a carnival of images and sounds that have a sensual beauty, of light and movement, of gesture and inflection, rarely matched in any movie that isn’t Malick’s own. Here, he—and his cinematographer, Emmanuel Lubezki—surpass themselves. Where “The Tree of Life” is filled with memories, is even about memory, “Knight of Cups” is close to a first-person act of remembering, and the ecstatic power of its images and sounds is a virtual manifesto, and confession, of the cinematic mind at work. It’s a mighty act of self-portraiture in dramatic action and in directorial creation.

>the director
>doesn't know malick
How much of a pleb can you be?

Peter Weir's Witness (1985) got the best grass.

Ain't no grass more hypno. Malick stole his grassmanship.

I really hated NoC, but I agree on every in this review. What is wrong with me?

>Given that the vast majority of the film was set (and shot) in the Oklahoma town in which the director was raised, it is intriguing to learn that this southern state was also the primary historical location of the Nanissáanah, the Native American ‘ghost dance’ of the 1890s. Created by a Nevadan Paiute named Wovoka in 1888, each ritual performance of the Nanissáanah lasted for four whole days, during which (according to the Encyclopedia of Oklahoma History and Culture):
“the dancer would be transported to the afterworld where departed relatives were seen living the old, happy life of the prereservation era, when bison abounded”.

>Wovoka's extended conjuration ritual, summoning the ghosts of the dead and opening liminal pathways to the bison-rich pre-Columbian age, was soon seen by the US government as an act of political resistance, ultimately leading to the infamous Wounded Knee Massacre of December 29th 1890. Following the slaughter, a US soldier proudly noted that his regiment had “Sent 200 Indians to that Heaven which the ghost dancer enjoys. This checked the Indian noise, and Gen. Miles with staff Returned to Illinois.” The act of attempted genocide was approvingly reported by the young L. Frank Baum (later to gain fame for creating the escapist frontier of Oz), who saw the massacre of the ghost-dancers as a step forward in the ongoing drive to “wipe these untamed and untamable creatures from the face of the earth”.

>These historical crimes form the darkest substrata of the poisoned soil in Malick’s film, and the ceaseless acts of dancing (that so irritated Joe Neumaier) seem to be part of the director’s ongoing effort to forge his own path back to the “prereservation era, when bison abounded”, locating an alternative historical track. In his sixth film Malick is again seeking what Thomas Pynchon has called “the fork in the road America never took, the singular point she jumped the wrong way from..."

You weren't in the right state of mind the first time. Give it some time and come back, heart open to His light.

too melodramatic for me