Mfw people buy blu-rays of old movies that were filmed before HD was invented

>mfw people buy blu-rays of old movies that were filmed before HD was invented

how dumb can you be lol

I hope this is bait

>buying physical media

This has to be bait. Nobody is this stupid. Not even the underage b&s.

>buying

Based YIFYposter

Twilight Zone in blu ray looks better than most of the shit I've watched in theatres recently.

Haha nice gif, mind if I save it?

>when your dad comes home from a suicide bombing

bad bait

movies are natively in a higher definition format than std def or HD televisions.

TV shows have film that can be remastered.

How much detail is in a well exposed and preserved 35mm film (Kodak daytime ISO 50) still?

I heard about 8K, but some say 4~6K.

>how dumb can you be

well good lord

reminder that the legendary 'hanging munchkin' in The Wizard of Oz, a film from 1939, and an urban legend that lasted decades, was only disproved because they remastered the footage and released it on blu-ray, showing that the 'hanging munchkin' was actually an animatronic bird.

old film is so hi-fidelity we're only finding details like this in this decade.

What was Twilight Zone shot on? 35mm?

HAHA MUSLIM GIRL IS DOING A MEME
THEY ARE JUST LIKE US

In terms of detail, it's probably 6-8k, but I don't know if the visual effect of film grain can be replicated digitally.

That's if we're talking about 35mm, also.

>tfw we will need 16K (4 times the resolution of 8K and 16 times the resolution of 4K) camera to even come close to replicating IMAX 70mm level of detail

Mastering never really goes beyond 2K, cause only assholes sitting in the front 3 rows of most screen can tell the difference between IMAX, 70mm, and 35mm

Explain why Lawrence of Arabia looks so much better in 70mm than 35mm then. Seen both.

>showing that the 'hanging munchkin' was actually an animatronic bird.

It was edited because you cant release a movie with a dead midget hanging in clear view, especially with how well known it is

How many animatronics did the Wizard of Oz have to waste one in the shadows? In 1939.

Some of the higher quality VHS transfers actually have the bird clearly visible too.

I know that the documentary Baraka (worth a watch if you haven't seen it) was shot on 70mm (not IMAX I believe) and was scanned in and is sold as an 8k blu. I don't know if they could get more info, they probably would have if they could, right?

i lov memz

You wouldnt be able to tell in theatres

Shes so BASED kek