DAMN

DAMN

no love for larson?

It's not like they are letting DeConnick near the script.

She's got a fat head.

I fucking hate capeshit movie culture.

>actually using the source material to help in the making of the film
heh, boys it looks like we have nothing to worry about, these people clearly know what they're doing.

It's a marketing you dumbass

Marvel sends their cast and crew PDFs to read. This is just brand building.

It's not that she's reading a Captain Marvel book

it's that she's reading a KSD book

Busiek's Avengers' Carol is the best version

There's a picture of Boseman in costume reading some BP

KSD got the character fine, it was everything else that was shit.

So the movie is confirmed for terrible, right?

This. And it's not that KSD is a terrible writer either, but just that her Captain Marvel was really boring.

We don't know shit about it, calm your tits.
They've at least confirmed that they're trying to write a good story rather than an Appropriate For Marvel's First Female Lead story.

It's a cape shit movie, it was shit the minute it was announced.

Workout, when?

Cosplay thread?

>yfw they don't make her hair blonde for the movie at all

They gave the Scarlet Witch actress House of M to read, and Scarlet Witch isn't a crazy omnipotent bitch (yet).

I don't think they care if the actors read good comics or not. It's just for publicity purposes.

The worst thing about this movie is that people are going to start pretending to care about Carol Danvers

At least we've gotten a head start on thanks to the Carol push in the comics and media. There are routinely stories/articles by people who write about her as if she's actually popular, which she absolutely is not.

They haven't had the same luck fooling the media into pretending the Inhumans are popular.

I don't understand.

I don't really understand how they select what comics they give actors. Evangeline Lilly said

>“I am still trying to figure out how to get my hands on original ‘Ant-Man’ comics, where you get them. I’ve been given a couple recent ‘Ant-Man’ comics. No offense Marvel, but they are total crap. “I really want to read the original ones, “because I got through two and I was like, dude, you can’t force-feed me another one of these magazines. It was terrible. Janet’s not in them, and neither is Hank and neither is Scott. It’s just a completely different fabrication. So if anybody has any old ‘Ant-Man’ comics they want to lend me…”

So apparently they only gave her Irredeemable Ant-Man. How is that supposed to help her play Hope?

There's too much negativity in Busiek's Carol (alcoholism that came from inferiority complex due to nerf, savagery due to Kree blood) because she was a real character.

Women are too fragile for real issues.

SHE'S JUST LIKE US

Well, she was playing a completely original character, so I imagine they just didn't bother.

Wow, respect lost for her. Shit talking Irredeemable Ant-Man, asking her fans to spoonfeed her, etc.

Ha ha, holy shit.
Good for her that she actually tried to go out of her way to get her hands on the genuine article, though.

>>I've been given a couple recent "Ant-man" comics
>they are total crap
Sounds like Spencer.

>Janet's not in them
Ok.

>Hank's not in them
Ok.

>Neither is Scott
HOLY FUCK THEY GAVE HER O'GRADY STUFF LMAO?

Well, they borrowed her name from something, butt they probably didn't want her to use that characterization

What did he mean by this?

Don't forget the Anka cut.

Yes please

Marvel forced him to visit a comic store

>What is the Carol Corps
I can bet you real physical money that majority of these numales and females haven't even read any Carol beyond DeConnick's run.

>“I am still trying to figure out how to get my hands on original ‘Ant-Man’ comics,
First her, then that girl who plays Storm. Do these people not know what a Barnes and Noble is? Granted, Marvel does a poor job of releasing trades but I don't think it's that hard for one of their PAs to go look for an Essential Ant-Man or Essential Avengers.

>Janet’s not in them, and neither is Hank and neither is Scott
Wait, they gave her Irredeemable Ant-man? Fucking WHY?

I take the same bet that the majority of em haven't even read that run they just heard about it and read stuff on Tumblr & reddit instead of reading an actual conic

but most of the source material sucks

Claremont's run, Reed's run, and the current volume of Carol's books are all good. Nothing great, but solid capeshit.

Every volume of Captain Marvel has been good, except KSD's run and that's more just aggressively boring than outright shit.

So no, I think it's less "the source material sucks" and more "I've never read the source material therefore it sucks."

She just lacks any "definitive" stories like most heroes, but even then, there are plenty of fantastic Captain Marvel stories. This is a Captain Marvel movie, not a "Carol Danvers" movie. Even if Carol is the Captain Marvel, there's no reason they can't or won't draw from all generations. Despite GotG being "based" on the DnA run, it also used characters from the OG run as will vol. 2. Despite Scott Lang being Ant-man, there's nothing stopping them from drawing from Pym or even O'Grady's stints as Ant-man.

>KSD
Rhodey/Carol confirmed!

>Carol Corp
I dunno. A DC rip off?
Maybe if they play their cards right they can make her Marvel's Sinestro

Ew, I heard nerds go there.

Definitely looks better than current comic hair

>Maybe if they play their cards right they can make her Marvel's Sinestro

What? No, really, what the fuck are you talking about?

I'm still kinda annoyed by this, and wish I could get the chance to tell her to give that particular run another try, even if she was soured because it was given to her as haphazard research.

>Nothing great,

figured as much

>KSD got the character fine

I too like bland blank-slates that ignore prior characterizations and receive no character development.

So you read Batman too huh?

You're confusing Marvel with DC, user.

Just a little joke on Carol's descent into villainy. I wonder if they'll give her the current event to read too

Lois Lane?
That's the only one from the top of my head where they fucked up the haircolor

No, I'm not a fan of the character. I like characters with more realistic problems like alcoholism, which Carol had to deal with until lolKSD shitted up everything.

Which is the run with Takeda's art?

Lois Lane.
Flash.
Aquaman.

Reminder that Marvel bothers to dye Evans's hair blond.

Yeah and this cut is good

it is better to hide the high forehead you has Brian

And yet they couldn't bother to have Gwyneth dye her hair the right shade of red. Or Scott not being the right color. Isn't Gamora the wrong shade too?

Evans would've made a great Aquaman.

Reed's

Thanks. She drew a delicious Carol

>comic store
Icky. Nerds probably go there for their fix like to a drug store.

Kinda true. They buy it every time even if they hate it.

I don't even know who this bitch is or what else she has done, I am completely uninterested in this.

It means you are dying breed of Sup Forums that doesn't confuse it with Sup Forums.

I just read The Oath and really loved it. But then I felt sad that the movie's story certainly won't feel as distinct as this comic.

Actually not true.

They actually have access to Marvel's records and get physical copies of everything.

>Gwyneth dye her hair the right shade of red
It's realistic ginger, not hot rod red like Mary Jane in the first Spider-man.

>Or Scott not being the right color
Last time I checked, he was white.

Gamorra is green.

>Jon Bernthal went into his local LCS and got recommendations for Punisher stories to read for the role
I heard that he grabbed a bunch of random issues, but the shop owner gave him better suggestions.

I can't imagine that Carol is hard to play. Generic tough white girl who is secretly a Trekkie nerd with a cat. KSD's boring run is fine for a boring character

>>Or Scott not being the right color
>Last time I checked, he was white.
He means hair. Scott is supposed to be ginger.

>I heard that he grabbed a bunch of random issues, but the shop owner gave him better suggestions.

Source on that?

>Busiek
That's not how you spell "Reed's"

since when has a celebrity holding a product become some image to placate doubts in movie fans instead of naked advertising?

Batman is consistently characterized as a douchebag. Carol was consistently characterized as a dickhead jock and complete fuck up until KSD mindwiped her.

Post that shit

He is also snuggled up in a blanket on the couch?

Anyone gonna recommend her GOOD Carol runs? I know recently someone tweeted her a list. At least make those runs vocal instead of a 2nd amnesia self insert run.

>GOOD Carol runs

I bet Perlmutter is behind this.

>Claremont's Ms. Marvel
>The Brood Saga
>Busiek's Avengers
>Reed's Ms. Marvel
>ANAD Captain Marvel
>Ewing's Ultimates

Yes Carol isn't really high profile, but she's had good runs or been apart of good or decent runs. Gonna continue that ongoing joke?

>expecting Sup Forums to actually read comics

>he fell for it

You got a point.That was foolish of me.

I feel ashamed for taking it.

Is not like Carol is a good character anyway.

Of course there's love. She's a at.

I wonder. Is Brie wearing any Captain Marvel pants under that snuggie?

I thought this was someone with cancer being forced to read Captain Marvel as punishment for dying

>Claremont's Ms. Marvel
Garbage.
>The Brood Saga
Fetish crap.
>Busiek's Avengers
Good despite her in there.
>Reed's Ms. Marvel
Mediocre at best.
>ANAD Captain Marvel
Utter and deplorable garbage.
>Ewing's Ultimates
She's the single, worst part of this book which, in and of itself, is far too praised for what it is.

>Busiek's Avengers' Carol is the best version
This

listen pal, we've all seen enough hentai to know where Brian Reed was going

that ain't gonna fly

Found it