ITT: Shit That Would Cause Massive Outrage These Days

Sup Forums would probably have had a collective "Not MUH"-induced stroke over this, I think.

Forgot Image

What awful looking hair

I don't think Sup Forums would be triggered by a bunch of white dudes, one native dude who dies really quickly, and a waifu.

Ah, the good old days. When a word was just a word and not something everyone lost their shit over.

I dunno. I think the introduction of Storm would have triggered a certain segment of Sup Forums and have them crying about pandering, SJWs, etc.

Why? Storm was a new character and not a black wash of an existing one.

>Sup Forumsmblr
>Not triggered by white dudes
Yeah okay

no

This is one I can see Sup Forums, Sup Forums, AND tumblr collectively shitting themselves over.

To be fair wasn't that a knock off hammer and the real Thor was still out and about and Worthy?

How would Sup Forums have reacted to this?

Saying it's a great portrayal of actual diversity and female characters. Saying this is what other books should strive for. Not buy it. Watch it get cancelled. Bitch. Then forget about it.

I never really got why this one triggers people. All he's saying is "if you believe in something you should stand up for it" and then the internet started ranting about how it justifies nazis or some shit.

Is that Apollo?

>"if you believe in something you should stand up for it"
I believe women are stupid animals that can't be trusted and must be treated as pets and have no rights, I believe this to be truth and can prove it
The rest of the world is telling me no, Im wrong and to move on. "No, you move"

THAT's where the message is, it's might makes right patriotic edition.

This

>I never really got why this one triggers people

I think it's because when it's taken out of context, it seems like Cap is arguing that one should never change one's opinions or beliefs, even in the face of overwhelming evidence that said opinion or belief is in error. It's the phrasing that is problematic—Cap is conflating "belief" with "truth".

I'm assuming the writers were trying to say "stand by the truth no matter what" but the nature of both the context and Cap's phrasing it comes of more as saying "Ignore your actions and what other people say, ignore what you would be doing to others, stay by what you think is right even if you destroy the world around you" In irony it sets up for the ending where they pretty much destroy NYC over a jail break.

If literally the whole WORLD says your belief is insane and has no proof, and you can't convince a single one of them, that's usually a sign that you're mistaken.
People willingly follow obvious villains all the time. People join cults. Thousands of people ruined their own lives because they believed the apocalypse would come in 2012. Some people willingly watch the Nutshack.
If there is not ONE person in the world who's on your side, then you're less convincing than the guy who first claimed most of our government is lizard people from space, and you need to be self-aware about that.

Even if it was, capefags and crossposters would still have a fit, even though capeshit itself is built upon 70 years of sociopolitical bait while inevitably returning to the status quo after each instance of change.

Kitty sure is up on her insults.

This one would get outrage both from the left (for all the slurs) and from the right (for the message that "words hurt" and we should all watch what we say).

First bubble is saying ignore anything the masses say that challenge your belief, he is asking you to bury your head and do as you please
The second bubble is rationalizing it as a civil duty, that you should always stand there and keep your head buried and ignoring anything that challenges it because that's what the country is founded on.
The third and fourth bubble are saying that you should never consider pause and question if what you are doing is wrong or at least misguided, that you should be ready to ignore reasoning and harmony in the name of being "right"

It's a solid message but the issue is that he says it doesn't matter what others say.

You can listen to the opinions of others and still hold your own.

To be fair in context his opposition are Marvel Civilians/Politicians and people literally hunting him.

In more context it's Peter debating if their course of action is wrong.

Claremont would get a reward for tackling race relations. Nowadays you get the same reward for creating a black character.

But they do this all the time.
Like, it was actually surprising back then.
Today it'd be like "Shit, not another one."

Do they do it as much without people bitching about the whole women in fridges or whatever?

Wait, when did Storm become Wahboom Bada Boom?