How do Luthor's armors compare to the Iron Man suits power and utility-wise ?

How do Luthor's armors compare to the Iron Man suits power and utility-wise ?

Shit because he can't survive a headshot in his armor.

He has a forcefield.

His armors Emit a polarized field or something that makes it so bullets never actually hit his armor this field also covers his head.

>Well I want everyone to know it's me, but I don't wanna get shot in the face
I love Lex Luthor

does anyone know of any significant feats of lex. i know stark has armors for literally anything, including one that can lift hundreds of tons.

the problem with iron man is that he's written very inconsistently in order to give some real danger to face sometimes, but realistically stark could take on the entire Marvel universe

also >he built it in a cave

Power armor Lex vs slick coat Lex, who is cooler ?

White bald static shock sucked shit

Coat

I like this look better, something about sleeker power armor just seems more like modern Lex than the bulky shit.

sauce

Not funny man.

I think that was from the DCYou preview for Batman/Superman but he never actually wore it iirc. There was like one scene where he was bootyblasted and thought the identity reveal was a trick and tried to get Clark to work for him but that's about it. Seemed like a dropped plotline.

DC needs to stop teasing Sex Luthor stuff if they're not going to deliver on it. Same problem with Rebirth in the OP, they pretended like it would be a Luthor focused arc but it's not.

I just want to say Lex as a good guy is a terrible idea, more legacy of crap from Johns.
And every armor of lex is at least Hulkbuster level. Also best armor is Doom's.

this one was shit

A considerable amount of Sup Forums got assblasted because of all the focus on Luthor in Johns' JL.

Lex' armor is much more powerful than any of Iron Man's armors simply by dint of giving Superman a fight.

That's the thing about power levels between DC and Marvel: Marvel applies less raw power at the top.

Powerlevels simply don't work in DC, they just don't. Say what you want about Marvel, but holy fuck DC. Holy fuck.

The Same guy who is on the ropes against a killer robot can benchpress umpteen times the weight of the planet. A character who is supposed to be as strong as Superman has a cheetah woman for an arch nemesis with the strength of a cheetah. A guy who can run so fast that he can outrace himself, the concept of death and think at the speed of attoseconds still somehow has villains that in some way pose a threat to him. I mean he's not fast enough to beat Darkseid but Batman can somehow shoot a gun fast enough to do the job.

Don't even bring of Silver Surfer vs Black Panther, shit like that is common everyday fare at DC. It's the fallout of adapting Golden Age characters in the most literal sense possible into silver, bronze and finally modern comic book settings. While suspension of disbelief has become more stringent, the characters are relatively unchanged and given the love letter hard-ons so many writers have for these figures it only compounds the matter.

Comparing the physics and fundamentals of continuity in DC into something that could coherently even be applied to the semi-tangible reality of the Marvel Universe would be like trying to ask: Who would win in a fight? A Gorilla or a Dream?

While Marvel will pull bullshit explanations out of their ass to explain stupid shit, DC just does it and that's it. Sure there's a speed force here and a mystical enchantment there, but ultimately there's no tangible consistency in any palatable manner. Not that this is necessarily a detriment to the story telling or proof that one brand is superior to the other, but it's just basic facts.

Can we have a DC universe somewhere in the Multiverse where the heroes are not insanely inconsistently overpowered?

>Superman can fly at 500 mph, lift a tank and punch through a concrete wall
>The Flash can move at the speed of sound
>Of course, this makes Batman less nerfed

batman earth one is a nerfed batman and all batfags do is cry about it

Fuck them, Luthor is based

He should have gotten a solo in Rebirth

God Johnsfags can't stop lying, batfags love year one, black and white, and legends of the dark knight. Earth one is Dumbass incompetend batman.
If batfags hated a nerfed batman why would they like Nolan's? or Bruce Timm's?

Earth one worst character is bruce. Is that simple as that.

yeah batman earth one is a nerfed batman like you said and batfags hate it because of it

>implying Marvel is any better

Surfer can manipulate time, surf super novas and resurrect dead and yet he's beaten by guys who are just super strong. At oine point you have Thor or Hulk lifting literal billions of tonnes, punch through time, physically hold the concepts like space. And in the next issue you have Tony Stark build anti-Hulk and anti-Thor armors. Cape comics do that shit. Either roll with it or start reading Invincible.

Why are Johnsfanbiys so dense?
It's clear that your argument is void of any truth. Most of the most popular batman stories have a weaker rookie batman.

Shaman has a 17 years old Bruce.

That still doesn't compare to the shit that goes on in DC and for the record I clearly stated in that post that these points don't make one company better than the other. None of Tony's armors have ever been able to beat these characters or even really match them equally. One used an abstract fictional material to power it and still got btfo and the other was only ever a problem for the Hulk in a calmn state.

Silver Surfer later said we was baiting BP for information so even that is accounted for.

...17? Surely not?

Funny, I was just thinking of that story the other day.

batman earth one is a more nerfed batman and that's why batfags hate it

Or they hate it since it was clearly done by a writer that doesnt like the character and it shows in the comic. Bruce is less than average when it comes to intelligence

Going to Devil's Advocate here.

Any usable material will have physical limits. Power armor would likely not function like literal armor, as if the plates themselves are protecting you. A snugly fit protective field, generated by the suit, would work fine. Might drain some power, but the suit doesn't run the risk of progressively running down as it's important bits are hit and become nonfunctional. It also allows the weight of the suit to be kept down because PHYSICS doesn't kick in and neccesitate several feet of thickness in metal to protect the squishy body underneath.

As such you only need enough of the suit to have the field. No more.

>one of Tony's armors have ever been able to beat these characters or even really match them equally.

Thorbuster was able to hold Thor back when he was current leader of Asgard and was playing his own dad. Despite being made on Earth with only a sliver of Mjolnir to power it up. And Hulkbuster armor might not have been able to match Hulk. No, Silver Centurion armor once managed to knock angry Hulk out. You know, the regular armor. Knocked Hulk out. The guy that tanks nuclear blasts and tumbles with space horrors.

I was not referring to BP and Surfer stuff. I am referring to years of Surfer jobbing. Because both companies do that. Make their insanely powerful characters seem outmatched by things they should punch through easily. To build up threat and create suspense. You are delusional if you think that DC is somehow more guilty of that.

they hate it because batman got nerfed too much

White man stealing from blacks again.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

How much of a fight do they give and how? Lex's armors are 70% built to counter supes which usually means some sort of kryptonite or energy trickery.

Most of the appearances I've seen with lex armor tend to just be him stalling for time or desperate last attempts of a plan.

I think Tony's standard armors would get wipped clean but a buster armor would be pretty formidable and probably a Thorbuster with kryptonite out the ass.

Thorbuster was powered by a magic deus ex machina plot device that came from Asgard itself, there is no inherent contradiction or inconsistancy with something from thor's realm granting Tony's armor relative power.

Surfer is only that powerful when actively working as a herald of Galactus. Otherwise he's just some heavy weight. And while jobbing is an issue in comics it really has nothing to do directly with the issues being brought up here.

DC is more guilty of this inconsistency because while we can point to questionable instances here and there in Marvel, it's literally written into the very pretex of major characters and their powers in DC.

New Frontier earth would be the closest one I can think of if the multiverse worlds are still a thing.

Follow up would be the animated series earth.

SuperLuthor vs Iron Doom

Who wins?

And Lexes armor is a modified piece of Kryptonian tech. So why is it so outlandish it can stand up to Superman?

Surfer has show half of those feats I mentioned not only when he was not a Herald but was actively against Galactus. He is not and never was just a heavyweight. And jobbing is exactly what you are referring to. This is why any villain can hurt Flash at all. Or why Cheetah can be a threat to Wonder Woman. Because both companies make their heroes job to pump up the suspense.

>DC is more guilty of this inconsistency because while we can point to questionable instances here and there in Marvel, it's literally written into the very pretex of major characters and their powers in DC.

Now that's just bullshit.

DCAU actually does this. Hell, Superman seems weak enough that you could believe the US military could potentially kill him.

His current armor isn't anti-Superman since he wants to replace him. I'm not sure how much Apokalyptian tech is in it.

>Iron Doom
Who ? Is that Dr Doom in an Iron Man armor ? How does the Iron Man tech compare to Doom tech ?

>i knew it! Same old lithor
Wut, that was a defense thing

it doesnt. Doom tech is integrated magic and at least a step or two beyond standard Stark level tech.

Oh, thought you were talking about the other Iron Doom

To be fair, Silver Centurion is the dopest most awesome sex Stark armor of all time, so if any Armor could pull off a badass lucky feat like that, it's the silver n red.