Why do disney cape/Star Wars films have no rewatchability? Where's the charm? Where's the care...

why do disney cape/Star Wars films have no rewatchability? Where's the charm? Where's the care? They're just shitting out these movies and it shows.

When was the last truly charming Marvel/Star Wars movie?

Look, they're just two hour diversions, OK? It's just dumb entertainment for a couple hours to enjoy and then forget about. Yeah, it's a cynical approach to filmmaking but there isn't much you can do about it, so there's no point in complaining

And the fucking quips. They're forced and tired as fuck.
>Tony castigating Peter for almost sinking an entire ship.
>"I wanna be like you"
>"I want you to be better"
There you go that's all you had to say, you could have left it that, but they had to have him say
>"Oh god I sound like my dad."

The worst offender I've seen was in GotG2 when they were all posing in a superhero-like ensemble like what happened in the avengers and the epic orchestral music is playing and then mantis gets hit with the fucking boulder for a cheap joke

>there isn't much you can do about it

user could stop watching them, talking about them and making threads about them but instead he'll watch the next one and the one after that too

I get what you mean OP
I could watch Indiana Jones (1-2-3) Back to the Future, Conan or Predator or the Mummy (the Fraser one) a 100 times and they're still fun... Whenever TFA or some Marvel capeshit is on tv I just pass the channel. Did originality died?

I hate MCU, but you need to understand what they stand for: they are social events. If you go watch any movie, it's usually a group of two or three people and they are mostly quiet WATCHING THE MOVIE.

Marvel movies just flock people and they TALK DURING THE MOVIE. This is why it's so quippy all the time: people are meant to be taking breaks during it.
I have yet to set a movie night with my friends and see a single person recommend a Marvel movie. They recommend classics, personnal favorites or whatever, but they NEVER want to ACTUALLY WATCH THE MOVIE.

>mfw I unironically love several MCU films and think it's probably the most successful franchise yet in film history

Sucks you guys can't enjoy things

I dont like to rewatched movies anyway so I don't care. There arent any movies made in the last couple years id watch again for any genre

I've seen the first Iron Man about 3 times, the Avengers about 7 times, and Homecoming twice. Stop being a prude.

The mouseshill wabts to shut the thread down. Holy shit.

Kevin Feige hack directors who just lazily shoot everything on an iPhone 7 equivalent and then rush production so they can have time to focus test and reshoot it.

>When was the last truly charming Marvel/Star Wars movie

Iron Man and Revenge of the Sith

Both pre-Disney era. Not a coincidence really. The two most imaginative universes and Disney reduced them into assembly-line garbage.

It's beyond sad how day and night the contrast is between pre and post disney marvel is.

it's funny how the alcohol and sex disappeared as soon as Disney got their mouse hands on it.

Revenge of The Sith (2005) or when ever Clone Wars cams out. Clone Wars isn't a good theatre movie but it has dedication too it.

X-Men 2 for Marvel and Episode I for Star Wars. Used to rent it all the time, along with the OT.

MCU and Disney SW is all about being empty and soulless besides quips. But it's what audiences want, so...

>When was the last truly charming Marvel/Star Wars movie
Revenge of the Sith

I rewatched Iron Man the other day. Got depressed at how good it was and what sad sack of shit Disney Marvel is.

>just shitting out these movies and it shows

>literally 5 seconds into the film someone is chastised for calling native Americans "Indians"
>literally 10 seconds in a black school news reporter is macking on blonde white girl
>the new black Mary Jane's WE speech about how the Washington monument was built by slaves
>both of Peter Parker's love interests are black
>villain's wife is black
>Peter's Mexican school rival has a white blonde girlfriend
>the oh so edgy Sup Forums Fuck Marry Kill scene with high schoolers fantasizing about old men, also participated in by a gay male
>Aunt May’s “Gay is OK!” speech

etc. etc.etc.

When is enough enough? I find myself more and more only watching old movies/shows.

Why do you keep looking for angles where your Zack Snyder cinematic disasters are better? It's like you're engaging in mental gymnastics 24/7 to justify your lack of taste. It's baffling, you should get yourself something to occupy your mind with.
Seriously, get help.

Imagine being so brain damaged that in order to justify your assembly-line focus-tested garbage for kids, you have to immediately start and scream towards another filmmaker to deflect criticism?

When will these Marvel idiot fanboys actually start calling out Disney on their bullshit? Cinema has never been in this bad form as of now. Even blockbuster cinema has atleast respected the core principles of filmmaking.

I wanna fuck Zendaya

>why do disney cape/Star Wars films have no rewatchability? Where's the charm? Where's the care?

Ant-Man.

Can cinema get lower than Marvel? I don't think it can.